Fabrizio Ravanelli | 1994-1996

Moderators: lucashag, Adrien, Albo7, Korinov, Brezza, jurgens

Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Fabrizio Ravanelli | 1994-1996

Postby PES Stats Database » 2009 May 06, 22:45

Club: Juventus FC

Ravanelli was born in Perugia. He has played with a dozen European teams, among them Perugia, Juventus, Lazio, Marseille, Middlesbrough, Derby County and Dundee F.C., as well as getting 22 caps with the Italian national team.

Known as the "White Feather" in recognition of his prematurely whitened hair, he was one of Europe's top goalscorers in the mid 1990s. Playing for Juventus, Ravanelli won one Serie A title (1994-95), one Coppa Italia (1994-95), one SuperCoppa Italiana (1995), one Champions League (1995-96), where he scored in the final against Ajax, and one UEFA Cup (1992-93). In September 27, 1994, he memorably scored all 5 goals for Juventus against CSKA Sofia in their 5-1 win. In the 1996 UEFA Champions League Final he put Juventus 1-0 up. Ajax subsequently equalised but Juventus still won the game in a penalty shootout.

He made an immediate positive impact on moving into the English Premier League with Bryan Robson's Middlesbrough though his success was not sustained. He scored a hat-trick on his debut against Liverpool on the opening day of the 1996-97 season. Despite being one of the league's top scorers, Middlesbrough were relegated in the year that he joined. He did however help them to the final of both domestic cup competitions that season. He started both finals as Middlesbrough went down to Chelsea in the FA Cup Final and Leicester City in the League Cup Final, he scored in the final of the latter only for Emile Heskey to equalise and send the game to a replay, which Leicester subsequently won. He alienated himself from teammates and fans with his constant complaints and criticisms of the club's training regime and facilities, as well as the town itself, despite being the highest paid footballer in the Premiership at the time. Whilst at the club he resided in the local small North Yorkshire village of Hutton Rudby where Middlesbrough football associates such as Paul Merson, Gordon McQueen and several other notable individuals have had residences. He was regarded as very supportive of the local community and specifically charity events.

He joined Derby County in 2001 because he was still hungry, but could not save the club from relegation in 2002. Due to Derby's financial problems they had to defer his wage payments which they paid for several years. He then joined Dundee following the end of his Derby contract but was sacked after the club released all of their top earners. The only game in which Ravanelli scored for Dundee was against Clyde in a League Cup match. He ended up scoring a hatrick. After the experience in Scotland he went back home to finish his career with Perugia, where he tried to help the club out of relegation trouble.

Ravanelli's signature celebration when scoring a goal was pulling his shirt over his head and running around the field. Ravanelli has been a big opposer to the new FIFA rule put in place where a player gets a yellow card for removing his shirt during a celebration. He now works as a football pundit for SKY Italia and Mediaset.

Last edited by crisfar on 2009 Aug 30, 22:27, edited 1 time in total.
p1rha
Veteran Stat Maker

Re: Fabrizio RAVANELLI | 1994-1996

Postby p1rha » 2009 Aug 28, 14:57

Maybe u could raise BB 1 pt, the gray hair man was a beast !
crisfar
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby crisfar » 2009 Aug 30, 22:29

I agree so I ve actually raised BB by two pts....
Alex_10
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Alex_10 » 2011 Sep 09, 17:38

He was a superb penalty taker, needs the card for sure. And Curling and SP are really too low, He was renowned for his thundering shot, but also for his placed and curled finishing.
]The Italian Corner on PSD[ http://pesstatsdatabase.com/off-topic-chit-chat/italians-do-it-better-a-k-a-the-italian-corner-t12414.html
gala2000
New Stat Maker

Postby gala2000 » 2011 Sep 13, 13:50

really good work with the set, i'd like to see a bit more DS as he was quite quick with the ball

DS 82
Moysís
Regular Poster

Postby Moysís » 2016 Nov 26, 10:58

I've been working on him and I can say this set is not bad at all.. Attack is well rated IMO, he was good striker with nice attacking movements, danger around box with very good positional play, I think this value same as current Mandzukic is fair for Ravanelli, since I see these two players pretty similar. Fabrizio has great defensive work, very responsible in defensive tasks, both in the air or in defensive movements when come back to help defence. This value should be raised for sure. BB I see a bit high in this current set. He was good in protecting ball at feet, good in play with his back against opponent, but I think it's not need to have him close to orange or even stronger from Zidane in his late years. Pretty often has knew fall on the ground too fast when opponent come close to him, he didn't used his size on the way we could expect from guy of his stature. Speed stats should be lowered, he was heavy player, with regulary speed off the ball but pretty awkward and tough player, agility must be lowered to white surely. Concerning DA I don't see any reason to keep him in yellow, he was avarage in ball control, mostly due the fact of his strong challenges and speed off the ball he passed defenders, but nothing special in pure close control. Shooting stats are well rated, he possessed accurate shot with left foot and pretty strong as well. Here, I'd just swapped SA with SP and lowered a bit ST. Header must be higher, while jump not need to be more from 80/81, his headers were really accurate and strong, always well placed ball with head with good timing to join on crosses from the side. AGG could be lowered to 87, he wasn't focused all the way on attack and constantly joining in front of the goal, he was everywhere over the field, looking always what more on team movements and collective play. On the level with Croat is fair enough here. MEN could be lowered to mid yellow, strong mentally, brave player, with high will power, but I don't see him on level with Bonucci from current Juve or even Luisão from Benfica.

Spoiler: show
Club: Juventus F.C.

Nickname: "White Feather"

Era: 90's
Name: Fabrizio Ravanelli
Shirt Name: Ravanelli
Number: 11
Positions: CF, SS, WF

Nationality: Italian _ita

Height: 188 cm
Weight: 79 kg

Injury Tolerance: B
Foot: L
Side: B

Attack: 86
Defence: 54
Balance: 87
Stamina: 85
Top Speed: 82
Acceleration: 79
Response: 83
Agility: 73
Dribble Accuracy: 77
Dribble Speed: 78
Short Pass Accuracy: 73
Short Pass Speed: 75
Long Pass Accuracy: 71
Long Pass Speed: 74
Shot Accuracy: 84
Shot Power: 85
Shot Technique: 86
Free Kick Accuracy: 76
Curling: 75
Header: 87
Jump: 81
Technique: 83
Aggression: 87
Mentality: 86
Goalkeeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 82

Condition/Fitness: 6
Weak Foot Accuracy: 4
Weak Foot Frequency: 3
Growth type: Standard

PLAYER INDEX CARDS:
S01 - Marauding
S04 - PK Taker
S05 - 1-touch Play
P17 - Chasing Back

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Post Player
Scoring
Reaction
Penalties
1-Touch Pass

ATTACK / DEFENCE AWARENESS:
OFF
Moysís
Regular Poster

Postby Moysís » 2017 Jan 13, 21:33

bump.. someone can take a look on this one? We should have him in base.. maybe Epsi, or some other Italian member?
Epsi
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Fabrizio Ravanelli | 1994-1996

Postby Epsi » 2017 Jan 14, 13:30

I took some inspiration from your set. Thanks for the ideas and feedback, some of them were accurate.

Return to “90's”