Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Hans-Georg Schwarzenbeck | 1974-1975

Postby PES Stats Database » 2009 Mar 10, 16:28

Nickname: "Katsche"

Club: FC Bayern Munich

INFO:

Hans-Georg Schwarzenbeck was exactly the same height as Franz Beckenbauer, but those were the only physical characteristics the two did share. While Beckenbauer stood for elegance and lightfootedness, Schwarzenbeck almost looked like Beckenbauer’s antipode – a tough tackling, physically imposing man-marker that managed to compensate his lack of subtlety with his determined and awe-inspiring physical appearance. These two so different football twins however complemented each other in a perfect manner, as both went on to win the biggest prizes in European and World football as Schwarzenbeck as traditional defensive center back provided the cover for Beckenbauer to develop his famous attacking libero style. The pair developed a perfect understanding of each other, as they played together for Bayern Munich for over 11 straight seasons.

Despite winning the World Cup, the European Championship and the European Cup, “Katsche” Schwarzenbeck always remained a humble and straightforward man, reliability paired with ambition were his trademarks. Born in Munich, Schwarzenback chose to play football at the age of 12, he joined the Bayern youth team in 1962, after his school years he began an apprenticeship as typographer, he almost decided to quit playing football as the apprenticeship was so demanding that he found it hard to fulfill both duties. His first game for the West German youth national team did not show any signs that this player would be destined for greater things, as he caused a penalty and scored an own goal. In 1966, at the age of 18, Schwarzenbeck joined the Bayern seniors, in a team of technical players, Schwarzenbeck stood out as a square-edged, unadorned, no nonsense kind of player. In short, exactly the sort of player his coach Tchik Cajkovski was looking for to add to his team of "thoroughbreds". 14 years later, when Schwarzenbeck had to call it quits due to a severe harmstring injury, he could look back at an almost unrivalled trophy haul for a man-marker: once World Champion, once European Champion, four times European Cup winner, once Intercontinental Club Champion, five times domestic Champion and three times domestic Cup winner. In his first two years, Schwarzenbeck was used as a left full back, but in 1968, new manager Branko Zebec realized that Schwarzenbeck was much stronger as a center back and from then on, Schwarzenbeck never looked back.

About his relationship with the great Franz Beckenbauer, Schwarzenbeck once said the following: “Franz reminds me of my old teacher in the printing office. He handled printing ink all day long but still his hands always were clean. I, however, only had to look at the printing machine and I already would get dirty!”

Schwarzenbeck’s finest hour came on 15th May 1974, when he scored the last-minute equalizer in the first European Cup final vs. Atletico in extra-time with an untypical long-range shot. The game ended 1-1 and the repeat match two days later Bayern won convincingly 4-0. Without Schwarzenbeck’s unlikely goal, the great Bayern era of the mid-70s would not have happened. It was however typical for Schwarzenbeck after that game that he said “I wish Müller had scored that goal!”, as he did not like the attention towards him one bit.

ADDITIONAL LINKS:

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=316822

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georg_Schwarzenbeck

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans-Georg_Schwarzenbeck

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/stati ... index.html

Last edited by Brezza on 2010 Apr 05, 19:00, edited 2 times in total.
Fevernova
Veteran Stat Maker

Re: Hans-Georg SCHWARZENBECK | 1974/75

Postby Fevernova » 2009 Mar 12, 15:28

Guardaespaldas means "bodyguard" ;)
It takes nothing to join the crowd, it takes everything to stand alone
yourigo
Regular Poster

Postby yourigo » 2009 Mar 13, 00:02

that's what i thought, but i wasn't sure and couldn't be bothered to look it up :roll:. thanks
"You do ill if you praise, and still worse if you reprove in a matter you do not understand." - Da Vinci
Fevernova
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Fevernova » 2009 Mar 13, 12:33

No problem, mate... ;)
Phil
Valued Contributor

Postby Phil » 2010 Apr 04, 17:44

Was he this good ? I'm not saying he wasn't, just that he is not in the Germany All Star team but his stats show that he should definately be in there and judging by this website http://www.abseits-soccer.com/people.html he shouldn't be this good, it says:

"It helps to have brilliant teammates. Schwarzenbeck probably would have amounted to little, except that he was in a backfield with Breitner and Beckenbauer in front of Sepp Maier. As it was, he was known as "Beckenbauer's waterboy". Big and somewhat clumsy, he was effective in an oafish sort of way. Neverthless, he was a solid defender, whose career ended due to an achilles heel injury. After retiring, he took over his auntie's office and tobacco shop and turned it into the official office supply company for Bayern München. Class B, possibly C."

It rates other players who are rated lower denfesively here a lot higher, such as Matthias Sammer (rates him as Class AA/AAA) and Buchwald (A/B).
Brezza
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Hans-Georg SCHWARZENBECK | 1974-1975

Postby Brezza » 2010 Apr 05, 14:07

Yeah he wasn't this good, he was basically Beckenbaur's Spartan bodyguard. Id rate Kohler, Forster, Sammer, Buchwald, Augenthaler all WAY ahead of him. Balance could maybe go up. positionally he wasn't much better than Mertesacker, Metzelder or Wörns.

I think Sammer could be slightly underrated also.
Phil
Valued Contributor

Postby Phil » 2010 Apr 05, 16:04

Yeah I agree, response in particular should come down a lot, somewhere around mid 80's (he should be below Stam, maybe level with Materazzi ?), he was known for making Materazzi-esque tackles, brutal in the tackle but not the most reactive and often mistimed his tackles and just hacked people down at times :D . Sammer probably is underrated as well, agression certainly is anyway he was more of a libero than a defensive sweeper.
Brezza

Postby Brezza » 2010 Apr 05, 17:05

Updated defence/response/balance/format/cards/info ;)
Fevernova
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Fevernova » 2010 Apr 05, 17:23

Well done, it´s true, he doesn´t diserves the values he previously had, he was sort of Becken´s side-kick, like most great technical defenders have, Baresi-Costacurta, for example, or Hierro-Pavón, for that matter.

Alltough, I think 85 is a little harsh, personally I´d rate him over Bruno Alves (85), don´t know what the rest of the herd thinks... ;)
Phil
Valued Contributor

Postby Phil » 2010 Apr 05, 18:58

About defence, yeah it possibly could come up by 1. Also I think agility should come down, the guy was a tank and he's already pretty small, plus it'll add to his 'clumsiness' and it will make him a lot more realistic in game. I'd say something like 75/76.
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2011 Dec 15, 17:07

Are you guys certain that Balance at 91 and Jump at 88 is accurate?
kuer86
New Stat Maker

Postby kuer86 » 2014 Oct 17, 21:30

how accurate is this set?
Albo7

Postby Albo7 » 2014 Oct 17, 21:38

It's a bit old standard but not quite bad actually. Speed stats and agility are overdue, stamina and tw a bit too maybe. Response and Def are totally old standards. Ment and SP could get decreased a couple of points. The rest is fine imo.
Image TROLL KING Image

Albo7

Postby Albo7 » 2014 Oct 21, 21:53

That's the set I've used for him since when I updated Germanys 74' team on my OF some months ago.

Spoiler: show
-first post-

Might not be a perfect set but I'm pretty positive it's better than the old one. On some areas I've kept the old values coz as I said, it's not that bad of a set. If no one disagrees I'm updating him. If anyone need any explenation on the set, feel free to ask.
Image TROLL KING Image

kuer86
New Stat Maker

Postby kuer86 » 2014 Oct 21, 22:07

i have one question, today i saw that konami gave him 95 in Def? did they overrate him that much?

and is there someone with sets for hansen, roth and zobel? would be really nice :)
Albo7

Postby Albo7 » 2014 Oct 21, 22:23

Yes probably. Given the fact that he was Beckenbauers partner in defence, he has quite a reputation to live up to, so Konami might have given him that value due to his legendary status. Don't get me wrong, he was good, a perfect partner for Beckenbauer. They were like the opposite sides of the same coin. When Beckenbauer went foward to help the team offensively, Schwarzenbeck was there for the defence, making sure he did the job of 2 defenders. He was quite a rock, and a nice tackler too. But not a red value worthy tackler. Not even orange imo. Maybe I've underrated him a bit at 87 but he can't be more than 1-2 point higher than that. He was good, but I'm sure pretty much every german person back then would have been way calmer seeing an opposition attacker one on one versus Beckenbauer, rather than versus Schwarzenbeck.
Image TROLL KING Image

Albo7

Postby Albo7 » 2014 Oct 25, 09:10

Given him an overall update.
Image TROLL KING Image

Return to “70's”