Moderators: Korinov, Adrien, Albo7, jurgens, Brezza

PES Stats Database

Uwe Seeler | 1962-1966

Postby PES Stats Database » 2009 Feb 01, 12:29

Club: Hamburger SV

Growth type: Standard/Lasting

INFO:

Spoiler: show
Aside from being the spitting image of my woodwork teacher, Uwe Seeler was quite simply a natural goalscorer and probably one of the best examples you'll ever see of one renowned for his aerial prowess Seeler puts up a convincing claim for Germany's 2nd best ever striker (obviously behind Gerd Muller). Aside from being a nice footballer Uwe was a really nice bloke as well, known for his fairness, generosity and kindness kind of like a German Gianfranco Zola. He also has the highest goal tally of any German footballer ever with 509 goals in competitive matches.

VIDEOS:

(scoring 2 goals, on 1:46 and on 2:55)

(on 0:55 Seeler was fouled but referee doesn't give a foul; on 1:31 Uruguayan player slaps Seeler; on 2:36 Seeler was fouled but referee doesn't give a foul, again; on 3:02 Seeler scores from the edge of the box)

ADDITIONAL LINKS:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uwe_Seeler

http://www.planetworldcup.com/LEGENDS/seeler.html

http://www.fussballdaten.de/spieler/seeleruwe/

Oriello

Re: Uwe SEELER | 1965-1966

Postby Oriello » 2009 Feb 01, 20:36

You beat me to the punch :P I am working on Seeler and was just having all kinds of problems making him do those overhead kicks of his, does your do them frequently? that is once the conditions are right i.e ball falling behind him and all.

Anyways I have some suggestions, mind you I made my Seeler when he was 26 so he was less of a poacher then, which he really became in his thirties.

Height: 169 cm -- Many sources claim 170, but I would go with the shorter value as he really is a wonder of the footballing world for such a short player to dominate so well in the air, I got confirmation of this site http://www.fussballdaten.de/spieler/seeleruwe/
Weight: 76 kg --needs to be 1 kilo fatter :P

Balancce: 86 --Definately underrated he was a rock of a player at times, this could probably be higher but I am not sure if kept that strength in the 1966 world cup onwards.
Stamina: 86 --Was a hardworking forward, had he lost his sense of running his bum off in 66?
Top Speed: 81 --I am not sure he ever seemed that fast, had good spring in his step, Acceleration 87 seems a bit much too, not sure though. Anycase I definately think the Gerd Muller was quicker than him.
Short Pass Accuracy: 77 --He was very good in this regard, this is what actuallly differentiated him from many typical strikers, he came deep and helped to build/begin moves he was anit-Gerd Muller, selfish Uwe was not!
Short Pass speed: 78
Long Pass Accuracy: 78
Long Pass Speed: 77
Shot Accuracy: 92 --This is the value I gave the 26 year old version, in the season he scored 32 goals in 28 matches, man that is good :shock: , anyways Seeler definately was a consistent and lethal forward but his shooting was not into the corner nearly always, many great goals but not Ronaldo typ finishing. Now I am uncertain if when he was 30+ that he had become better in this regard.
Shot Power: 88 --This I feel to be underrated, hamner blows sometimes with his shooting, this should compensate SA decrease where he powered through the ball and the keeper often even did not have time to move, great shooting, and ST I also gave 97 :P, spot on. ;)
Curling: 79 --It seemed some efforts did dip a bit, passing probably needs this more.
Header: 94 --This again is for the 26 year old, he definately became a master header later on, but I do not think it was around the 66 period, in his later career I think I might go for 96-97. This I think too much, he was brilliant in the air, but not necessarily with direct headers, more his positioning allowed him to be there first to claim and have an easier time for redirects/headed passes to players. If you really feel he had improved in heading to the god region then maybe 95-96 max, as I think he became more clinical later on and a 32 year old Seeler should not have 99. :P
Jump: 99 -- No two ways about it, this is Uwe stat XD, he is too damn short to have a lower value, the man was part bird, I suggest to those who hex edit their games then change the value to 110-115 to be realistic.
Aggression: 86 --NOTE again earlier on he operated more from deep and could be mistakened as an AMF, but in the 1966 World Cup he really poached on the line Trezeguet style? Some of the videos I seen he still was willing to come deep and go through the motions in midfield rather than sit on the edge of the attack, not sure on such a high value.
Teamwork: 84-85 --No way he was not a pure poacher, well he was later on, but even in 1966 he was involved in midfield and his knock downs just reek of team vision. Well for me from the footage I seen of him in the early 60's he was a definate 85, all over in the attack always willing to get invloved and read the thoughts/intentitons of teammates, and not just in the final third.
Weka Foot AAccuracy: 6 --minor, yet made some nice passes with the left.

I also gave him
*1-1 Scoring? --Maybe when he was younger yes I would say, was he still clinical later on in 1-1's? your call.

And his squad number was 9 for bothe Germany and Hamburg, no?

Oh yeah got to mention, One of my favourite players of all time, can you place a couple of these around the name http://209.85.12.231/style_images/1/icon12.gif, :P :D .
Brezza

Postby Brezza » 2009 Feb 02, 09:31

Yeah 86 minimum for balance is a must. He was bloody strong despite his height, players would literally bounce back of him when he would go up for a header.

I think 98 99 are good values for header/jump . Honestly he was one of the best headers of the ball ive ever seen amazing for his height , I remember a friendly match between Germany and Brazil around this time i saw him score a diving header from outside the box that flew into the top corner like a Steven Gerrard shot.
Plava Čigra

Re: Uwe SEELER | 1962-1966

Postby Plava Čigra » 2010 Feb 06, 15:15

Updated to fit new format (Cards, Videos, Additional Links).

Some changes...

1. Extended his Era from 1965-1966 to 1962-1966.

2. Added *1-1 Scoring.

3. Lowered his height to 169 cm (it was 170 cm).

4. Raised his Balance from 86 to 88 (2 points under Coluna, 1 point under Eusebio, Kocsis and prime Van Nistelrooy).
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2010 Feb 06, 18:20

Plava Čigra wrote:4. Raised his Balance from 86 to 88 (2 points under Coluna, 1 point under Eusebio, Kocsis and prime Van Nistelrooy).

:shock: Wow those two got 89 for BB.
Phil

Postby Phil » 2010 Feb 06, 19:06

Is his new BB value slightly overrated ? granted I haven't seen that much of him but he didn't seem any stronger than Tevez from what i seen, but you might know of him a little more than me.
Plava Čigra

Postby Plava Čigra » 2010 Feb 06, 21:54

As far as I saw he was stronger then Tevez, both on the ground and especially in the air. When he jumps for the ball, you could see taller guys bouncing off him.

I can't say that I saw every game with Seeler that can be found, but I've watched most of the national team games/extended highlights and some of his club games/extended highlights that can be found.

I've been comparing him with players that had recent updates in Classics and 88 seemed fair. Maybe I'm wrong, but in all honesty mate, how many games of Seeler have you seen? Don't get me wrong, I'm just asking because every player can have a bad game (I saw one extended highlight of Greaves from 1970, I think, where he missed a few great goalscoring opportunities, but that was just a bad game).
Phil

Postby Phil » 2010 Feb 07, 00:46

To be honest I haven't seen that much of him, just some highlights so you've probably seen more of him than me, so if you think thats the right value than i'll trust you judgement.
bluto

Postby bluto » 2010 Mar 18, 11:46

Add SS as secondary position?? It seems in the late years of his career he played as inside forward..
s-cobar

Postby s-cobar » 2010 Mar 18, 11:50

Just at the world cup 1970 at Mexico. there he was a bit more deeper, cause Schön used Müller and Seeler
Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself
warriorism

Postby warriorism » 2011 Mar 10, 00:14

oh my god a good suggestion from oriello that personally i want to give credit to him...
agree with oriello Balance & jump suggestion. like mueller, he was stern fat rock that can't be defeated in aerial battle... i've also posted Mueller 'feet strength' analysist in mueller thread

anyway, i want to quote this
Oriello wrote:Shot Accuracy: 92 --This is the value I gave the 26 year old version, in the season he scored 32 goals in 28 matches, man that is good :shock: , anyways Seeler definately was a consistent and lethal forward but his shooting was not into the corner nearly always, many great goals but not Ronaldo typ finishing. Now I am uncertain if when he was 30+ that he had become better in this regard.
Shot Power: 88 --This I feel to be underrated, hamner blows sometimes with his shooting, this should compensate SA decrease where he powered through the ball and the keeper often even did not have time to move, great shooting, and ST I also gave 97 :P, spot on. ;)

to decide this one. we must review how his approach towards the ball.. just like u said..
is he more looking for keen accuracy and sacrifice his shoot power momentum for better aim?
or he didn't waste the foot momentum and compensating a bit accuracy for cannonball?
if the we selecting the first possibility then his SA must be higher than SP and otherwise his SP>SA

i personally agree with the second that his SP were greater than SA.

also, like escobar said can we add SS position just like Helmut rahn on 1954?

a strong short second striker

overall... i wonder what kind of type player Seeler is to be compared to this day players?

i've watched his documentary old match on 1955 against italy... he play along the likes of Rahn and fritz walter...

he was running a lot on this game, definitely has an exceptional stamina
Yazid

Postby Yazid » 2012 Jul 05, 23:58

I watched the 1966 world cup just today and I gotta say Seeler was a stand out player. He is well rated here except his short passing which is actually fantastic. I might be getting carried away but honestly, a value of 83 would be well suited for him imo.
Adrien

Re: Uwe Seeler | 1962-1966

Postby Adrien » 2014 Jan 14, 18:40

I started watching the final of the 1966WC against England and been impressed by this guy, didn't know him but he's so great. The set is almost perfect, that suprised me too.

I just think some change could be made. SPA are better like said Yazid, I found some great short passes. And Dummy Runner is a must for him, he's coming back all the time, the never exhausted guy who always coming back to have the ball. I also think Mentality could be orange like Konami did.

Then the last points would be his technique, I don't see him that good, the ball boucing most of the time on his trap. I can't see him over a high green right now. I found his close control better than his first touches, even if I think DA is good as it is.

By the way I also look for vs video and great to see there is one, but it is with Hamburg and not West Germany NT.

They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
EspGameplayer

Postby EspGameplayer » 2018 Sep 14, 20:40

Oriello wrote:[...]
Jump: 99 -- No two ways about it, this is Uwe stat XD, he is too damn short to have a lower value, the man was part bird, I suggest to those who hex edit their games then change the value to 110-115 to be realistic.
[...]

Does anyone know, if I set his jump to 112 for example by hex editing, whether he will behave as he had 99 or as he had 112? Thanks.
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2018 Sep 15, 17:51

EspGameplayer wrote:Does anyone know, if I set his jump to 112 for example by hex editing, whether he will behave as he had 99 or as he had 112? Thanks.
To be clear I don't know if that works and if so for what PES games, I had heard about hex editing and seen some extreme curling balls in PES on youtube, and I mentioned doing this for Seeler's jump due to his 169cm height but absurd aerial connections.

Best way is to try it out in PES and see if you spot a difference between two clone Seelers up front with different Jump 99/112.
EspGameplayer

Postby EspGameplayer » 2018 Sep 16, 05:31

Oriello wrote:To be clear I don't know if that works and if so for what PES games, I had heard about hex editing and seen some extreme curling balls in PES on youtube, and I mentioned doing this for Seeler's jump due to his 169cm height but absurd aerial connections.

Best way is to try it out in PES and see if you spot a difference between two clone Seelers up front with different Jump 99/112.

Thanks for your answer. I hadn't said it, sorry: I was meaning I've tried it in PES 2013. In training mode he's so good that every time he gets a high ball, he does a bycicle kick, so I haven't been able to check that that way. I've tried him in exhibition matches, but it seems defenders are stronger than him, so I haven't seen any unbielevable jump. Do you recommend me changing the rival, putting in a same team both Seeler or any other thing else?

PD: If I get any result, I'll post it and show conclusions.
Oriello

Re: Uwe Seeler | 1962-1966

Postby Oriello » 2018 Sep 17, 00:28

I only played PES 2013 shortly so I am not very familiar with it, maybe him having ST 97 (assuming you changed that in that OF editor) is maybe why he always is trying bicycle kicks? Maybe PES 2013 is programmed that way? In older games it was much less common even with players who had 95+ ST, the ball had to be dropping a certain way to start the animation.

Dunno, maybe lower ST to 77 and see if he attempts less bicycles.

Strange that he is getting outmuscled with BB 88. Are you playing vs teams/players of Seeler's era? Defenders and players on average were shorter then, 190+ cm CBs were kinda rare then, I can see him struggling in PES vs Rio Ferdinand/Vidic or Pique/Ramos if you play vs more recent classics or modern teams with Seeler.

Return to “60's”