Iñaki Astiz

Moderators: Mistrzu16, buszmen, Mod's

PES Stats Database

Iñaki Astiz

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 12:52

Spoiler: show
Iñaki Astiz is an experienced Spanish Center-Back, who is well-known for being a reliable and consistent defender who reads the game well, and he is solid in the air.
The Spaniard started his youth career at local side CA Osasuna, turning professional in 2002 and staying there until 2007, playing only for their B-side.
In the Summer of 2007, former Osasuna player and manager of Legia Warsaw, Jan Urban, scouted Astiz and convinced him to join him at Legia, at first on a one-year-loan deal, becoming the first ever Spanish player to play in the Polish Ekstraklasa.
After his loan deal was expired in the Summer of 2008, Legia signed him on a permanent five-year deal, with Osasuna having an option to buy-him-back in the first two-years of his contract.
Astiz not only did he stay at Legia beyond the end of the five-year contract he signed in 2008, but he also became one of their most consistent players, winning 2 League and 4 Cup Titles with them.
In the Summer of 2015, Astiz was released from Legia and came close to signing for fellow Polish club, Lechia Gdańsk, before accepting a two-year-contract offer from APOEL Nicosia to replace out-going Brazilian Center –Back, Kaká, establishing himself as a first-eleven player from the start of the season, because of his impressive performances in the Champions League qualifiers.

E_9

Re: Iñaki ASTIZ

Postby E_9 » 2009 Dec 26, 20:10

Top Speed and Acceleration increased to Sadlok's level... and colours added.. ;)
Patchmaker of 2008 in Poland...

Jagiellonia Białystok
E_9

Postby E_9 » 2010 Jan 31, 22:36

I tried to make for him a new set on this season, but practically everything looks good... but some changes:

Attack: 55 --> 58
Better than Choto, no doubt..

Aggression: 58 --> 60
I can't explain, but now looks a bit better than last season..

Jump: 81 --> 82
Small change, but I will give 81 for Komorowski, Astiz is better than him, so that number..

Team Work: 76 --> 75
A bit worse than his partner from defence, Choto..

;)

Jagiellonia Białystok
E_9

Postby E_9 » 2010 Mar 26, 21:29

I didn't know his gymnastics abilities :)

http://ekstraklasa.tv/ekstraklasa/10,91 ... _2_3_.html

8-)

Jagiellonia Białystok
E_9

Postby E_9 » 2010 Mar 27, 13:23

Totally new set of stats for him.. The best defender in last years, no doubt... I love his games ;)

Jagiellonia Białystok
E_9

Postby E_9 » 2010 Apr 15, 20:53

..:GLOBAL UPDATE:.. ..:NEW STANDARDS:..

------------

opinions? ;)

Jagiellonia Białystok
buszmen

Postby buszmen » 2011 Nov 02, 11:00

He is no longer one of best defenders in EK. This season play only 44 minute. Astiz need some update:
DEF 80 - > 77
TS 78 - > 77
ACC 79 -> 78
Injury Tollerance A -> B
kajoj20

Postby kajoj20 » 2011 Dec 13, 23:32

Bump
Johnny16

Postby Johnny16 » 2011 Dec 14, 14:42

RES: 80
Sikor

Postby Sikor » 2011 Dec 14, 15:28

buszmen wrote:He is no longer one of best defenders in EK. This season play only 44 minute. Astiz need some update:
DEF 80 - > 77
TS 78 - > 77
ACC 79 -> 78
Injury Tollerance A -> B

I agree with IT, but update after 44 minutes?
VUKDS

Postby VUKDS » 2011 Dec 14, 19:07

Sikor wrote:
buszmen wrote:He is no longer one of best defenders in EK. This season play only 44 minute. Astiz need some update:
DEF 80 - > 77
TS 78 - > 77
ACC 79 -> 78
Injury Tollerance A -> B

Actually,he played 293 minutes. :D
P.S. I think to his Condition should be on 5.
buszmen

Postby buszmen » 2011 Dec 14, 20:03

VUKDS wrote:
Sikor wrote:
DEF 80 - > 77
TS 78 - > 77
ACC 79 -> 78
Injury Tollerance A -> B

Actually,he played 293 minutes. :D
P.S. I think to his Condition should be on 5.

And how many minutes he spend on bench ? 8-) .

This stats are for one of TOP CB in EK and that isn't true. Downgrade.
kajoj20

Postby kajoj20 » 2011 Dec 14, 21:37

Agree
kajoj20

Postby kajoj20 » 2012 May 14, 21:13

DA -> 70-71
CUR -> 67
TECH -> 69

He isn't good at technique as we should think of Spaniards. He's got some problems with proper catching the ball, well-shaped passings. When he's got the ball, under pressure, his play looks chaotic...
Mistrzu16

Postby Mistrzu16 » 2012 May 15, 14:48

Update.
petreleo

Re: Iñaki Astiz

Postby petreleo » 2015 Jun 21, 16:08

http://apoelfc.com.cy/nqcontent.cfm?a_i ... ic&lang=l1

Signed for _cyp APOEL Nicosia for the next 2 years.

I hope he isn't as bad as his set suggests and what other members said in this topic.
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2015 Jun 22, 18:30

petreleo wrote:http://apoelfc.com.cy/nqcontent.cfm?a_id=13489&tt=graphic&lang=l1

I hope he isn't as bad as his set suggests and what other members said in this topic.

He is #23.
Last edited by petreleo on 2015 Aug 09, 07:30, edited 1 time in total.
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2015 Aug 09, 07:21

petreleo wrote:
petreleo wrote:http://apoelfc.com.cy/nqcontent.cfm?a_id=13489&tt=graphic&lang=l1

He is #23.

Some notes I have for him from his first games with APOEL:

Solid defender... good tackler, but his positioning impress me the most... he knows where to stand and where to position himself to defend effectively and he is already being compared with "great" defenders of APOEL's history. One of the team's best players this season until today, no doubt about it. To be honest, in the first couple of friendly matches he played, he didn't impress my at all and I was scared that he maybe was one of those players who just couldn't settle to a new club after many years at another club(Legia). However, it seems that he lacked fitness(don't forget that he is 31 years old) and when he became fit and ready for the official European matches, he became as solid as a rock! Defence seems 78, if not ever higher. He really is an elegant defender.
Tenacity also seems higher than that. Even in his early APOEL days he has emerged as the "Leader" of the Defence. TEN: 76-77.
Also, he seems like a really good technical CB. No idea why he has so low DA, BC, Short and Long Passing stats and also Teamwork... Can keep the ball really well for a defender... good passer, rarely makes wrong passes... and also able of hitting some impressive long passes for a CB like for example some long passes Vs Vardar. DA: 73 , BC: 73 , SPA: 73, LPA: 72, TMW: 75.
However, I don't think some of his speed stats he is given like Agility, DS and Acceleration are really that good in real life... don't forget that he is getting old. OK, his Top Speed is pretty good and deserves 76, but the others seem a bit high for him. EP: 74, DS: 73, ACC: 75.
Finally, why stats like Place Kicking and Swerve. and also Shot Accuracy, are sooo low in the 50s for him? That's extremely low for any footballer in PSD. Even shit players who don't know how to kick a ball have more than 50s in these areas... Why Astiz has so low stats in those areas? I mean, I haven't watched him take any FKs, but I imagine that as a fine ball-player he is he wouldn't be that bad at it... Also he showed some nice Swerve and Curling on his long-passes.

Photo:

Changes:
Defence: 78 (+3)
Dribble Accuracy: 73 (+3)
Short Pass Accuracy: 73 (+3)
Long Pass Accuracy: 72 (+2)
Shot Accuracy: 64 (+3)
Place Kicking: 60 (+10)
Swerve: 66 (+8)
Ball Control: 73 (+8)
Explosive Power: 74 (-2)
Dribble Speed: 73 (-2)
Tenacity: 76/77 (+4/+5)
Teamwork: 75 (+3)
Acceleration: 75 (-2)
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2016 Oct 29, 22:24

Just noticed there has been no post in his topic for almost one and a half year and probably his Set just slipped from my radar.
Anyway, from watching him in the last one and a half year at APOEL, I believe that his style as a Center-Back is really similar to Daley Blind's. Like Blind, Astiz has really good positioning at defending and his reading of the game is superb. Sometimes he even makes defending look "easy", in that he won't need many last-ditch heroic tackles to stop opponents, but he usually deals with them with his "calm" approach at defending, keeping a good position to close gaps in defence, and then closes opponents-down when they have the ball at an advanced position.
His passing is probably his biggest asset(his Passing Accuracy according to UEFA Statistics is 92%), if you ask me, especially his Short-Passing, and that's why this Season he has being playing as a starter in defence ahead of the likes of Merkis, as coach Christiansen's passing-game starts from the back with two "top" ball-playing Center-Backs, Astiz and Carlao.
On the other hand, he can be easily dominated in the air by big, powerful Center-Forwards, like it happened in Europe this Season with Copenhagen's Santander and Young Boys' Hoarau, and despite being a Center-Back, I would have wanted him to make a much bigger contribution in attack, especially in a big team like APOEL that likes to attack. I mean, his Short-Passing is really good, but his Long-Passing, although accurate, isn't incisive enough to create chances from the back, and after making something like 50 appearances so far for APOEL, he hasn't scored a single goal for them, and this is a big disadvantage for him, when being compared to goal-scoring Center-Back from set-pieces, Giorgos Merkis, but also Carlao, who likes to dribble players from deep areas to start attacks.

Suggested Changes:
Spoiler: show
- Attack: 60 (+3)
- Defence: 77 (-1)
- Response: 78 (-3)
- Agility: 74 (+2)
- Dribble Speed: 73 (+1)
- Short Pass Accuracy: 74 (+1)
- Shot Power: 78 (-1)
- Curling: 67 (+1)
- Technique: 74 (+1)
- Mentality: 75 (-2)
- ATTACK / DEFENCE AWARENESS: 2 (+1)/3
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2017 Aug 20, 22:09

petreleo wrote:Just noticed there has been no post in his topic for almost one and a half year and probably his Set just slipped from my radar.
Anyway, from watching him in the last one and a half year at APOEL, I believe that his style as a Center-Back is really similar to Daley Blind's. Like Blind, Astiz has really good positioning at defending and his reading of the game is superb. Sometimes he even makes defending look "easy", in that he won't need many last-ditch heroic tackles to stop opponents, but he usually deals with them with his "calm" approach at defending, keeping a good position to close gaps in defence, and then closes opponents-down when they have the ball at an advanced position.
His passing is probably his biggest asset(his Passing Accuracy according to UEFA Statistics is 92%), if you ask me, especially his Short-Passing, and that's why this Season he has being playing as a starter in defence ahead of the likes of Merkis, as coach Christiansen's passing-game starts from the back with two "top" ball-playing Center-Backs, Astiz and Carlao.
On the other hand, he can be easily dominated in the air by big, powerful Center-Forwards, like it happened in Europe this Season with Copenhagen's Santander and Young Boys' Hoarau, and despite being a Center-Back, I would have wanted him to make a much bigger contribution in attack, especially in a big team like APOEL that likes to attack. I mean, his Short-Passing is really good, but his Long-Passing, although accurate, isn't incisive enough to create chances from the back, and after making something like 50 appearances so far for APOEL, he hasn't scored a single goal for them, and this is a big disadvantage for him, when being compared to goal-scoring Center-Back from set-pieces, Giorgos Merkis, but also Carlao, who likes to dribble players from deep areas to start attacks.

http://legia.com/aktualnosci/inaki-asti ... egii-56200

Returned to _pol Legia Warsaw!

I really didn't see this transfer coming at all, given his performances in the last two years at _cyp APOEL Nicosia. He had not been awful at APOEL, but his performances had never been impressing to say the least during those last two Seasons there, and also given his age, I really didn't expect him to sign for a big club like Legia, but most probably for a much smaller club. For example, _pol Pogoń Szczecin, a club which agreed a deal to sign him earlier this Summer, only to change their mind in the last minute to sign a younger player in defence, instead.

However, I heard that Legia were experiencing some injury problems in defence and they opted to sign Astiz, who is a tested solution for back-up of their back-line, something which actually makes sense as for why he ended there once again. I cannot say with certainty whether he will be a success at Legia or not, but I guess he won't be bad for a back-up who will play for 10-15 matches during the Season, as his experience will prove helpful.

Astiz left APOEL this Summer after the expiry of his contract, and almost everybody agreed on the fact that he shouldn't be offered a new contract, despite being the APOEL Center-Back with the most minutes last Season.

When he signed for APOEL in the Summer of 2015, he looked kinda sluggish and unconvincing in Pre-Season friendly matches, but when his fitness levels improved, he became a starter and one of their most consistent players during the Summer's Champions League qualifiers. As soon as the League Season started, he continued being a starter for the team, but shortly afterwards he was injured for approximately three months missing a great part of the middle of the Season. At one point, It even looked like he was going to be relegated to APOEL's 4th-choice Center-Back(behind Carlao, Merkis and Joao Guilherme Amorin) after his return from injury, because of the January signing of Giorgos Merkis, but actually he got decent game-time towards the end of the Season, and most importantly as a starter in the League Play-Off's derbies Vs AC Omonoia Nicosia and AEK Larnaca, that helped APOEL clinch the League Title(he missed a penalty in the shoot-out of the Cup Semi-Finals Vs Apollon Limassol, though).

As I have said in my previous post, Astiz started last Season(2016-17) as a starter for APOEL in Central-Defence alongside Carlao, mainly because of their ability with the ball at their feet. For large parts of the first-half of last Season, their partnership in defence was working well, if we exclude some crucial European matches, like I have said above, when Astiz was dominated by more physical opponents(like Santander of Copenhagen, and Hoarau of Young Boys).

However, a crucial turning-point in his APOEL career came towards the end of last November, when within a week he conceded a penalty Vs AEL Limassol in the League and got sent-off Vs Astana in the Europa League. Since then, he had never been the same player as before, maybe it was mainly just in the eyes of the fans that lost trust in him, but I think that generally he was lacking confidence after that. Nevertheless, Astiz continued to be a starter for APOEL for the rest of the Season(their Center-Back with the most minutes last Season), mainly because Carlao was sold to Torino in January and his replacement(Yambere) didn't prove to be good enough.

One thing worth of noting is that, after the departure of Carlao in January, APOEL's passing-game at the back with Astiz and another Center-Back, wasn't working as good as it was working before January and actually after January, APOEL changed their way of build-up to use more long-balls from the back, most notably from Goalkeeper Waterman, Center-Back Merkis, and Center-Back/Left-Back Ioannou, and to a lesser extent Astiz. As a result, he lost some of his influence in how his team plays, as Astiz isn't much of a Long-Passer to be honest, even though his Short-Passing is pretty good for a Center-Back.

As I have said in many of my previous posts, defensively, he reads the game well with his experience and he has good positioning, even though he doesn't tackle that much and he is not really good at it. The problem with him is that sometimes he can be error-prone, despite his overall performance in the game not being bad at all. Mainly just a misjudgment, a lapse of concentration or a bad clearance, but generally personal defensive mistakes have not been something uncommon with Astiz.

He is not bad in the air, but for a Center-Back he is not very strong and he can be dominated in the air every now and then by physically dominant Strikers, like it happened a couple of times last Season in Europe. For a Center-Back of his age, he is has decent Agility to turn with or without the ball, but his Sprinting-Speed is not as good as many think that it is. For example(02:39): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bltjCEtT-eI, when he was easily beaten at Sprinting by Matt Derbyshire, who is not very quick himself.

Finally, to be honest, even though I have said in my last post that Astiz should improve attacking-wise for a defender, since then he has proved me wrong, scoring three goals in Domestic Competitions during the second-half of last Season, and also a couple of assists over the course of the Season.

Return to “Legia Warszawa”