PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Morgan De Sanctis

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 12, 14:01

A-SK
PSD Elite

DE SANCTIS-Response

Postby A-SK » 2009 Feb 18, 20:52

I've been watchin' this guy since he first arrived to galatasaray and he's rarely made a reflex save worthy of 91. Hell, Volkan pulls off far more amazing saves than this guy, but that doesn't mean he's a bad keeper, his handling is still very good.
general suvorov
Veteran Stat Maker

Re: Morgan DE SANCTIS

Postby general suvorov » 2009 Feb 19, 10:10

check this out:
http://www.ligtv.com.tr/VideoHaber/?r=1&hid=43651

I'm not sure that if it's a good sample for his response. (could be a proof for his handling too) After watching him continuously I still don't trust him as a GK of Galatasaray. He's not a bad keeper but I think you exaggerate Volkan a bit. Volkan's handling is better than De Sanctis.

And even there are 2 points of difference between Sanctis' and Volkan's agilty which reflects Volkan better than he really is imo. (75 agilty for 1.91m and 92kgs man of monster) Volkan is inconsistent and unreliable keeper who is ready to make any positioning mistake (again imo).

His concentration is awful but he's gifted (no doubt his handling skills are remarkable). His performance in last 5 games was brilliant but next game you never know what's gonna happen to him. I dont think all this would be reflected only with "5" consistency.

And as for positioning and concentration he's almost as good as De Sanctis. So after at all I'm not sure if it would be right movement to drop Sanctis' response. As far as I learnt about him is that De Sanctis was considered one of the top class keepers of Serie A when he was playing for Udinese. Maybe our friends from Serie A share their thoughts about him.
bjk_melo_151
Seasoned Stat Maker

Re: DE SANCTIS-Response

Postby bjk_melo_151 » 2009 Feb 19, 11:03

A-SK wrote:I've been watchin' this guy since he first arrived to galatasaray and he's rarely made a reflex save worthy of 91. Hell, Volkan pulls off far more amazing saves than this guy, but that doesn't mean he's a bad keeper, his handling is still very good.

De Sanctis is a good keeper then lots of Turkish keepers(Rüştü,Volkan,Hakan etc.)His handling is mid-level(Because his height is 1.90). Volkan's reflex ability is good (88-89max). But you know Turkish keepers are not good for positioning ability.
κάθε πρόσωπο που είναι ένας κόσμος. káthe próso̱po pou eínai énas kósmos.
A-SK
PSD Elite

Postby A-SK » 2009 Feb 19, 19:15

@Deniz
How often does De Sactis makes saves like that? Are telling me that De Sactis makes amazin saves frequently? De Sactis does makes brilliant saves but they aren't frequent. I wasn't saying Volkan is a better but De Sanctis isn't so so much better, simply more consistent. Both have keepers have good handling but De Sanctis has a better positional sense is far more agile. De Sanctis is far more consistent and rarely has a poor run of games whereas Volkan is the complete opposite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCwdGFYzll4

Vokan makes something like 10 awesome saves in that video and that's an up-to-date video. You've posted 1 link to 1 good save and you're somehow convinced De Sanctis is considerably better :? Volkan is worth 10 million pounds and some of the top English clubs are after him whereas De Sanctis isn't even a second choice keeper for Sevilla!!
general suvorov
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby general suvorov » 2009 Feb 19, 22:06

I didnt say I'm convinced with a single save. Actually he saves frequently but somehow he concedes goals from easier positions than the ones he saved. Yes couldn't make squad Sevilla but he was 2nd choice of Italian NT too. Right now he must be 3rd choice after Buffon and Amelia that both are far better keepers than Volkan. I tried to explain that his current stats are ok if you compare him with Volkan's current stats. Because as for handling and positioning if you compare Volkan with Rüstü a real world star and classy talent (still), you wouldn't even consider Volkan as GK. Video is nice but just remember him playing against Porto.
A-SK
PSD Elite

Postby A-SK » 2009 Feb 20, 01:52

I watch Volkan alot and I never claim him to be a world class player but i just feel that people overlook how god he is and focus on his negative points, that's just unfair whoever the player maybe! If De Sactis was in that scenario, i would defend him aswell, please don't make me sound like a biased person coz i'm not!!

btw, i watched the game against porto but did u also notice how bad the defence was? A keeper can do soo much before a goals eventually goes in hence the reason why a top class keeper like De Sanctis can't even help save galtasaray against teams like Antalyaspor :D
general suvorov
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby general suvorov » 2009 Feb 20, 11:00

then you should also consider galatasaray defence too. Playing without a proper fullbacks and Meira's bad form and etc. In Antalyaspor game he could nothing to do cuz he didn't see the ball. His sight was blocked by Galatasaray defenders and you can see it if you watch it again.

Look mate, I dont wanna defend De Sanctis like he's a equal to Buffon or Van Der Sar, I know he's not. But he seems to me like a good keeper. According to our stats Volkan is the best keeper of Turkey in overall which he's really not. I'm just saying this. That's Volkan's main asset is his handling and luck. Sanctis is more kind of agile and flying man near to Volkan.

Volkan is 1.91 and 92kgs it tooks a minute for him to jump to other bar. Sanctis is 1.90 and 86kgs but he's really agile. Makes quick moves and saves. His positioning is good. He knows how to play with his teammates. He doesn't just kick the ball with power.

Volkan has good handling I have no objection but considering him as world class goalkeeper would be mistake. I'm not telling this because I'm a Galatasaray fan. I'm telling this because (unfortunately) he's the best what we have in Turkey for NT.

And can you tell me honestly you trust this guy 100 percent in every games? You're now telling me how he's saving the team and when he performs like a shit are you gonna tell me defence was also bad too? Can you tell me Galatasaray defence's form is better than Fenerbahce ?

I'd like to hear your suggestion about Sanctis. I know the problematic of stats of elite leagues. If you're to balance Volkan with Rustu, Petkovic and Ivankov. Let's do this.
A-SK
PSD Elite

Postby A-SK » 2009 Feb 20, 16:09

:? I'm confused. Can everyone read everything i've posted and tell me whether it sounds like i'm trying to make Volkan sound like a world class keeper? :? I genuinely am confused. I'm trying to say the difference between the 2 keepers and all i get is...."your making Volkan sound like a worldclass keeper" :shock: Honestly, I don't even know how "luck" can possibly be an asset, does anyone understand?

If you're to balance Volkan with Rustu, Petkovic and Ivankov. Let's do this.

:? What do you want me to say? Practically all those keepers are far more reliable over a period of games but none of 'em are able to pull off admirable saves like Volkan can and that's why I'm comparing Volkan's response to De Sanctis but I'm not comparing their positioning or anything else.....Volkan is definitely an iffy keeper but is he soo bad that he can't even be compared to good keepers? I've posted a poll on the Volkan thread and I'm gonna let everyone else decide :D
general suvorov
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby general suvorov » 2009 Feb 21, 19:38

I dont know what to say know. what's your sugestion ?
general suvorov
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby general suvorov » 2009 Apr 02, 23:33

I defended him so hard before but here I have some suggestions about Sanctis:

Balance: 86
Response: 85-86
Agilty: 79-80

keeping him at this level is completely unfair.
A-SK
PSD Elite

Postby A-SK » 2009 Apr 04, 17:58

@general suvorov
response could be a tad higher. I rate Volkan in the 85/86 region and De Sanctis definitely has better reflexes than Volkan ;)
bjk_melo_151
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby bjk_melo_151 » 2009 Apr 05, 05:12

87-88 is good for De Sanctis.
general suvorov
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby general suvorov » 2009 Apr 07, 17:24

what about:

resp: 87
agilty: 80 ? is everyone ok with 80 agility ?
A-SK
PSD Elite

Postby A-SK » 2009 Apr 07, 19:57

Dunno about agility :? I need some convincing :D
bjk_melo_151
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby bjk_melo_151 » 2009 Apr 08, 10:08

general suvorov wrote:what about:

resp: 87
agilty: 80 ? is everyone ok with 80 agility ?

agree.
rapsar

Postby rapsar » 2009 Apr 08, 13:46

I think bb is overrated.Emre aşık has 83 and he is weaker than him.I suggest 82.
general suvorov
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby general suvorov » 2009 Apr 08, 20:30

rapsar wrote:I think bb is overrated.Emre aşık has 83 and he is weaker than him.I suggest 82.

Emre Asik is underrated I think his balace will go up to 86. However Sanctis is 190cm/86kgs I think 85 or 86 would be better.
A-SK
PSD Elite

Postby A-SK » 2009 Apr 08, 22:14

I reckon Emre deserves 85 mainly because he isn't as easy to trip as Edu.
general suvorov
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby general suvorov » 2009 Apr 09, 06:38

A-SK wrote:I reckon Emre deserves 85 mainly because he isn't as easy to trip as Edu.

we should have updated him. 85 is ok as he's not 25 anymore.

Return to “Retired Players”