Full Name: Wanderson de Jesus Martins

MatheushpCRF

Re: Caju

Postby MatheushpCRF » 2017 Jul 31, 16:15

petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2018 May 22, 16:32

http://apoelfc.com.cy/nqcontent.cfm?a_i ... ic&lang=l1

Signed for _cyp APOEL Nicosia on a season-long loan with a 1.5 million euros buying-option.
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2018 Sep 03, 20:49

petreleo wrote:http://apoelfc.com.cy/nqcontent.cfm?a_id=18495&tt=graphic&lang=l1

Signed for _cyp APOEL Nicosia on a season-long loan with a 1.5 million euros buying-option.

https://streamja.com/JGEJ
https://youtu.be/m6-vcVsyGzE?t=2m25s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcVnD38mZ7M
https://youtu.be/m6-vcVsyGzE?t=3m24s

Scored two goals, forced an own-goal, and assisted another in European qualifiers this Season. Played the majority of the time as Left-Back, but in two games Vs Hapoel Be'er Sheva home and away, he was shifted at Left-Wing towards the end of the game, and from there he made his assist in the last video-clip. He had been a threat at coming at the end of crosses from set-pieces, and that's how he has scored the two goals as well as the own-goal he has forced. Defensively, he looked suspect in most of those matches, except Astana(away) when he was considerably better defensively, and more defensive-minded. With the ball, sometimes he looked relatively skilled for a Left-Back, but at others he looked sloppy, making some minor unforced-errors that luckily for him and his team, they didn't cost them a big deal. That's my thoughts for now, not suggesting Set changes or anything for now. Hopefully somebody knows him better from his time in Brazil with Santos and can discuss my observations about him for now.

Photo:
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2018 Dec 12, 03:44

petreleo wrote:https://streamja.com/JGEJ
https://youtu.be/m6-vcVsyGzE?t=2m25s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcVnD38mZ7M
https://youtu.be/m6-vcVsyGzE?t=3m24s

Scored two goals, forced an own-goal, and assisted another in European qualifiers this Season. Played the majority of the time as Left-Back, but in two games Vs Hapoel Be'er Sheva home and away, he was shifted at Left-Wing towards the end of the game, and from there he made his assist in the last video-clip. He had been a threat at coming at the end of crosses from set-pieces, and that's how he has scored the two goals as well as the own-goal he has forced. Defensively, he looked suspect in most of those matches, except Astana(away) when he was considerably better defensively, and more defensive-minded. With the ball, sometimes he looked relatively skilled for a Left-Back, but at others he looked sloppy, making some minor unforced-errors that luckily for him and his team, they didn't cost them a big deal. That's my thoughts for now, not suggesting Set changes or anything for now. Hopefully somebody knows him better from his time in Brazil with Santos and can discuss my observations about him for now.

As "hit and miss" signing as it gets.
Very offensive-minded Full-Back with however not so impressive end-product as well as many times essence in his attacking play(his biggest attacking contribution is connecting with deliveries from set-pieces). Defensively, he usually looks overall "suspect" in many matches like I have also said in my previous post, but for a very attacking-minded Full-Back like he is, he is relatively decent defensively. His biggest problem defensively is not tracking runners running for example in-behind him, but when defending against players running at him with the ball at their feet, he is actually quite decent at it, to steal the ball and shield it and pass to a teammate, or kick the ball to an opponent to win a goal-kick. Overall, I would say that tactically he needs a lot of work, both offensively and defensively, as right now his game lacks essence and especially discipline.
For an attacking-minded Full-Back he doesn't cross relatively much, and most of the times that's not a good thing at all, because instead of crossing when he is in a good position he likes to go for a another dribble which is a bit too much, and loses possession of the ball. When he crosses, his crossing is also a bit hit and miss; I have seen some good curling accurate crosses from him, but I have also seen some useless ones, difficult to say which is the most frequent of the two, because he doesn't cross much to test himself. What he does do a lot, are cut-backs into the box from around the bye-line area, and they are usually quite good and strong in their power, better than his crossing I think.
His high short-passing accuracy in his current Set is in my opinion from what I have seen from him not representative for him. He may make some good fancy passes from time to time, but as he is a hit and miss player like I have said above, as well as in my previous post, sometimes he also looks sloppy and wasteful when having the possession of the ball and tries to pass. Not consistent enough in my opinion, the same with his overall technique, even though dribbling accuracy and technique can rise up to high whites from what I have seen. His dribbling can be effective at times, and could have even been more effective if he didn't use it too often, but it is not really dribbling of an attacker by trade; not so skilled in technique. What he sometimes does and usually comes into good effect, is to use his body to make a feint and send the opponent the other way. An example of this is from the 4-0 victory Vs Nea Salamina, an own-goal he forced(the 2nd of the season, as well as 2 goals from connecting to Set-Pieces):
Spoiler: show

I have even seen him taking direct Free-Kicks at one point this Season, I think it was under APOEL's 1st-coach of the Season Baltazar, and some of them were even good, despite never scoring a FK for APOEL up to now.
About his physical stats, I would only comment on him being better in the air, as he is a threat at Set-Pieces, his Stamina which needs small downgrade, and his Body Balance being lower than his current Set as despite not being weak, he is neither strong in relation to his size. He has just about satisfactory level of strength for a Full-Back in my opinion, and sometimes he uses it well to shield the ball. I have no problem with his current Speed stats, I think they reflect him quite well.
This Season he suffered a couple of muscle-injuries. When he played he played mainly as Left-Back, but there were instances in the Summer's European-Qualifiers that towards the end of matches he played as a Left-Winger. Lately, he is playing as a Left-Wing/Back in a 3-5-2 system, with reasonably good results. Maybe he finds that position instinctively more natural to him than Left-Back because he is an attacking-minded player, but there his lack of essence in attacking play is also exposed more. It will be interesting to see if he continues to play there for the long-term.

Suggested Changes:
ADD- WB, and SM as 2nd-Positions
Side: Left
Defence: 59 (-3)
Balance: 77 (-4)
Stamina: 81 (-2)
Response: 73 (-3)
Dribble Accuracy: 74 (+1)
Short Pass Accuracy: 73 (-2)
Short Pass Speed: 71 (+2)
Long Pass Speed: 76 (-2)
Shot Accuracy: 65 (+1)
Shot Power: 78 (+1)
Shot Technique: 64 (+2)
Free Kick Accuracy: 60 (+5)
Jump: 74 (+5)
Technique: 73 (+1)
Aggression: 84 (+2)
Teamwork: 71 (-3)
ADD: P11 - Cut Back Pass & P17 - Offensive Sideback Cards

Photo:
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2019 Jan 30, 00:02

Yesterday's 0-0 draw Vs Alki Oroklini was another below par performance for Caju. His whole time so far at APOEL has been "hit-and-miss" but as of late, his form is continuously not at his best. It is not unrelated to the fact that APOEL just signed another Left-Back, Mickaël Facchinetti, to strengthen the depth in that position. Probably the only positive Caju can take from the last few matches was the fact that he has stayed fit and played 90 minutes in almost all of them (except Vs Alki when he was subbed-off for Aloneftis towards the very end).
Caju played the match as a starter in the Left-Wing/Back position he has been playing always in the last couple of months, but offensively he again lacked essence into his game. Despite being lively and asking for the ball, any good positive moves he made didn't amount into anything significant, as he usually ended up losing the ball before making the final ball, and any crosses he had made (not many) were not good enough. It was a poor match for both Wing-Backs of APOEL; him and Nsue, and that's what they lacked to score a goal and didn't win the match, quite surprisingly so.
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2019 Mar 31, 00:59

He is attacking-minded and not very solid defensively, but if I say that attackingly he is probably less efficient even than defensively, I wouldn't be lying at all to be honest, especially at the moment. He gets forward quite a lot but rarely completes an effort with success.
On Saturday in a 1-1 draw in the derby Vs Omonoia it was once clearly evident, but still being a starter at APOEL as 1st-choice Left-Wing/Back, despite not such good form and productivity.
Media in Brazil and Cyprus are writing a lot of articles about him, and more specifically about APOEL currently not being able to pay the full 1.5 million euros of his release-clause, and Santos fearing about losing him on a free next January when his contract expires, because of interest not only from APOEL but also from the Top-5 European Leagues from where clubs are scouting him. People who write those articles clearly rate him very high, and in my opinion this guy has talent, potential and some good attributes or at least attributes that can be developed, however in terms of current form, ability and efficiency, he is not at the level they perceive him to be.
Suggested changes from posts above:
petreleo wrote:...
Suggested Changes:
ADD- WB, and SM as 2nd-Positions
Side: Left
Attack: 66 (-2)
Defence: 60 (-2)
Balance: 77 (-4)
Stamina: 81 (-2)
Response: 73 (-3)
Dribble Accuracy: 74 (+1)