Top speed 90?! He was never exceptionaly fast, he was fast like say ... Del Piero, maybe more but not much. Better FK taker than Maradona? Don't think so ...
I still remember him as being one of the worlds best players (a bit old though). Though i was just a kid, 12 maybe, i clearly remember the moment when he misses the penalty against brazil. No one could expect that... a WC final, a penalty specialist, and he misses the goal
He was a real star like Messi or Ronaldo are today. His stats are not what they should be imo.
- he wasn't a player who ran a lot, 86 is a good value for a striker like Robbie Keane or something, but not Baggio. And Baggio qualities as an athlete never matched his technical abilities.
Top Speed: 90
- he could dribble fast, but he would hardly win a sprint against a moderatly fast defender. Being a light guy he had a decent accelaration, but the lack of strenght in his legs meant little explosion.
- actually he had good response, and he could poach some goals, afterall he was placed as a striker/SS because of his keen eye for goal and shooting abilities, otherwise he would have probably been an AMF.
Short Pass Accuracy: 92
Short Pass Speed: 80
Long Pass Accuracy: 88
Long Pass Speed: 78
- RB passes were pinpoint accurate. He didn't use many deep passes, ence the low pass speed, but his short passes could penetrate the tiniest hole in the defense line, and the combinations and assists to his teamates were perfect. His last pass, near or inside the area, was simply perfect. He was the true "put it were u want to" kind of player, he just didn't had much power in his legs.
Shot Accuracy: 93
- if sheva has 95 he as to be at least at the same level, he was probably the most accurate player ever, (i don't mean the most efective, just accurate) in the sense that he always looked for the perfectly placed ball in the far corner (bottom or top), with little power but perfect placement.
Shot Power: 85
- same as above, plus, the efect it has on FKs. He was efective on FKs from a short range, i don't think he took them from more than 25 metres. The only shots that had some power were the volleys, but those always get enough power even with shity players.
Free Kick Accuracy: 97
- awesome curl, very precise, but 97, just 2 points away from Platini? not shure about this one but 97 seems to much to me... Actually, he might have been more dangerous from a close range than Del Piero, ence the crazy swerve, but Del Piero is a better FK taker imo, and the actual Del Piero is rated at 94.
Team Work: 89
- the man had great vision, but u already have the *playmaking star and serious passing abilities, so there's no need for such a high figure as there are players with equally good vision rated way bellow, like Del Piero rated at 83.
Weak Foot Accuracy: 7
-he could use both feet, but he wasn't confortable with the left like Ronaldo or Nedved.
*outside: an example at @ 3:30 in the video below .