BigStu

Re: James Wilson

Postby BigStu » 2015 Feb 13, 14:29

added him, been meaning to for ages
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2015 Feb 14, 20:01

Photo:

I posted a Set I made in his "How would you rate him" topic.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that my set for James Wilson is perfect, but I'll write some thoughts about possible alternations in his formal set.

TECHNICAL Stats: Attack and Shot Accuracy values seem really conservative, given that on those aspects he was years ahead of his age in every single age group. His Shot Technique is also really good. I had all of them three on a +2 in comparison with his current set. Attack: 77, Shot Accuracy: 78, Shot Technique: 78.
Surely his Long Passes are better than 67... 69 or 70 seems fair.
I have BC and DA the other way around... I know it doesn't make much of a difference, but I was really sure back then that his DA> his BC, even by a small amount of points, one or two. DA: 78, BC: 77.
His Right(Weak) Foot is definitely better than 4. He uses it nicely quite often, two brilliant passes to Falcao and goal Vs QPR. WFA and WFF should definitely be both at 5 if not even higher.

SPEED Stats: Wilson himself said that he is slower than Smalling, who according to measurements he is the quickest player of Man Utd. Smalling sits at TS 85, therefore Wilson should have TS 84-85.
James showed tremendous Speed with the ball, for example Vs QPR. DS value should be very near if not equal his TS value. DS: 83-85.
Same with Acceleration. He showed scary Speed when he had space and time to accelerate. ACC: 83-85.
In contrast, surely his is not that Agile. EP 77 that he was given isn't very high, but really, it can fall even further. EP: 75.

PHYSICAL Stats: Most of his Physical Stats are underrated. James showed decent Strength for his Position and Physical Stature. I have him at BB 77, and I believe that it is fine. Any value between 76 and 78 seems fine for him, but definitely not 74...
His Stamina is also really underrated. When he played he showed really good Stamina and energy to chase opponents, run into space, create space, and make forward runs. Stamina should be in the greens, however I am not very sure about how high green it should be. 77 seems fine.
Also, as a result of his energy and contribution in defending, his Defence Awarness should definitely be a 2, not a 1.
Shot Power may seem fine at 78, but he made a lot of powerful shots in the youth teams, and he isn't far from the yellows. In my opinion, it can rise a bit. KP: 80.
Finally. Jumping is definitely higher than 66. Yes, James Wilson isn't brilliant at Jumping, but 66 is a joke for a Striker. I would definitely go with >70.

OTHERS: I don't know whats the justification behind Form: 3, but it seems low for a player who done alright every single time he played.
SS and LWF positions should be added as Secondary Positions in his Set. He played as a Winger before for the youth teams, and he is registered as a Secondary-Striker in many sites, including the transfermarkt.co.uk .
Finally, are you sure about his Height and Weight values? He has many different values in different websites(for example on FIFA he is 184 cm and 82 kg). In my opinion, he is definitely taller than 180 cm he is given in his set(I went for 184 cm he is given on FIFA), but 78 kg weight he is given seems OK.
Last edited by petreleo on 2015 Feb 15, 16:05, edited 5 times in total.

Postby 420 » 2015 Feb 14, 21:07

He said that Smalling is the fastest guy in the team, so he ment hes faster ther Di Maria and Shaw aswell. And Smalling being at 85 ts is grosly underrated.
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2015 Feb 14, 21:26

420 wrote:He said that Smalling is the fastest guy in the team, so he ment hes faster ther Di Maria and Shaw aswell. And Smalling being at 85 ts is grosly underrated.

I've written about 15 different opinions about his stats. Yes, Wilson is really quick, but a possible small fall in his TS, would be balanced easily by big increases in Acceleration and Dribble Speed, I suggested.
What about the rest?

Postby 420 » 2015 Feb 14, 21:39

Well honestly i think i prefer your set to start with, its just more accurate and detailed, with just one thing to add, and that is DA. He didnt show it yet fully playing for A team, but i think he should be on low yellow value, 80 or 81 maybe. You made realy good point on his jump, he had some duels and jumped not so bad, 66 is just to low, i prefer high white value for him, or even 75, its not too high i think.
Paddy

Postby Paddy » 2015 Feb 22, 12:26

He's much faster than this, perhaps not his top speed, but he's much more explosive. Just because Smalling shows it in training doesn't mean he shows it in matches.

Postby 420 » 2015 Feb 22, 17:16

86 is a better value for him + i think his acc should be a lot higher, EXP is fine, but acc is to low
CR7

Postby CR7 » 2015 Feb 23, 23:56

I'm almost certain Wilson would skin Rooney in a footrace but Rooney is 80/84/82 EP/DS/TS. Have a hard time seeing Rooney being so close to Wilson. I would have Wilson at 85/81/87. He is actual lightning. He's by far the fastest striker in the ranks.
People gon' be people. They gon' lie, they gon' cheat, they gon' steal, but as long you get yours, you keep it moving.
Paddy

Postby Paddy » 2015 Feb 23, 23:59

Rooney isn't fast any more though, so slow.
Welbeck19

Postby Welbeck19 » 2015 Feb 24, 01:14

Rooney's still capable of showing a decent burst of speed when he needs to. The best two examples I can think of are the the run against City where he nutmegged Kompany and the one against Preston which ended in him getting the penalty. He's certainly not as fast as he used to be but as I said when he wants to he's still capable of showing an 84-85 range in terms of TS and he's a good bit faster than Falcao who currently sits at an 81 TS whereas Rooney is only a point above him.

So far Wilson hasn't had much of a chance to show his speed playing for the first team, but aside from his finishing his speed was one thing that stood out above all else when he was in the reserves and U21's.

Some of his goals for the reserves and U21's which showcase his speed and finishing.

Draxler

Postby Draxler » 2015 May 26, 17:16

this set reflects him perfectly, though i would personally even lower his BB. He looks far too average. I mean 19 is not young anymore when you are going to be a big star, and big stars are what man united need. do you guys think this guy will make it at man united? I have doubts personally
"Remember to be polite"
Welbeck19

Postby Welbeck19 » 2015 May 26, 23:59

I don't think we can really look at this season to say if he's going to break through or not. United are in a transitional period after the disaster of Moyes and it's taken them nearly the entire season to get the team gelling in some kind of way, through 3-5-2's the 4-4-2 diamond and now the 4-1-4-1. Let's not forget either that he had Rooney,Falcao and RVP ahead of him and at times Di Maria when they played the 3-5-2. Then once they switched to having one striker it was clear Rooney was going to be the main man as he's the captain, plus he was injured until recently as well and LVG was also giving Falcao chances in a futile attempt to get any form back, so minutes were always going to be limited this season.

Next season could be different as 1. Falcao is gone. 2 RVP quite frankly looks finished. 3 Chicaritio could more than likely be on his way and 4. Rooney's form is ridiculously inconsistent with large periods of him not scoring at all then having a 3-5 game spurt of goals. Plus aside from Chicarito United strikers are either the wrong side of 30 or approaching that age. Now of course United could easily go out and sign a top quality striker this summer and send him out on loan for the season, which wouldn't be a bad idea as long as it was a lower PL or Championship club.

I wouldn't say he's guaranteed to make it at United as there's been many who people would have thought would be future stars, but it didn't work out for whatever reason. However it's well documented that the club rate him extremely highly and do see him as one for the future. It remains to be seen if it will pan out that way.

As for his age I honestly don't think there's too much to worry about. Take for example Harry Kane, at 19 he wasn't near the Tottenham squad and had a succession of loans and didn't make his breakthrough until this year at 21 years old(whether he carries that on to next season remains to be seen).

Aside from Welbeck I can't recall the last time a striker broke through to make the grade (not going to count Macheda or Rossi as their appearances were to sporadic and in the case of Rossi he came through at the wrong time as United during that time had Tevez,Rooney,RVN and Ronaldo, plus others like Saha and Solsjaker to compete with. Macheda looked promising for a short time, but really didn't have the effort or desire to succeed.

So apart from Welbeck(who was a really a squad player) Rooney and Ronaldo are the two teenagers who really broke through as First team players on a regular basis. Then even at that stage Ronaldo didn't look like anything other than a flashy winger with no end product and it wasn't until he was 21/22 until he really started to push on and develop into the guy who scored 42 goals in a season. Therefore as far as age is concerned I think he's okay right now, if he was around that 21/22 mark and hadn't truly pushed on then I would have doubts about him making that step up.
Welbeck19

Postby Welbeck19 » 2015 Jun 25, 17:29

Given his speed stats an upgrade as has been discussed he is far faster than this and is easily one of the if not the fastest player in the squad.

Acceleration 82-85
Top Speed 84-87
Dribble Speed 80-83

Also reduced Form to 3 as he's not consistent enough to warrant a 5.
tony_1st

Postby tony_1st » 2015 Sep 01, 10:40

loaned to Derby County?
Welbeck19

Postby Welbeck19 » 2015 Dec 05, 19:52

Scored on his full debut for Brighton.

https://twitter.com/ManUtdVines/status/ ... 60?lang=en

Return to “Sheffield United FC”