Sergio Daniel Martínez | 1992-1997

Moderators: Korinov, Adrien, Albo7, Brezza, jurgens

PES Stats Database

Sergio Daniel Martínez | 1992-1997

Postby PES Stats Database » 2013 Oct 24, 05:54

Club: Boca Juniors

INFO:

Spoiler: show
Sergio Daniel Martínez Alzuri, nicknamed "Manteca" (born 15 February 1969 in Montevideo), is a retired Uruguayan footballer who played as a striker.
He was two times top scorer in the Argentine first division during his five years with Boca Juniors.

Martínez started his professional career with Defensor Sporting Club in 1986. In 1991, he moved to Uruguayan giants C.A. Peñarol, switching to Argentina in the following year, with Boca Juniors.

In his five years with Boca, Martínez won the Apertura in 1992 and the Copa de Oro in 1993, being crowned the Apertura 1993's top scorer with 12 goals, and the Clausura 1997's with 15; upon his departure, he ranked seventh in the club's all-time scoring list, with 86 goals in 167 games (all competitions).
In January 1998, Martínez moved to Spain to play for Deportivo de La Coruña, only appearing in three La Liga matches in more than one year, before returning to his homeland to finish his career, at Club Nacional de Football.

In 1995, Martínez helped Uruguay win the Copa América, scoring the decisive penalty in the shootout against Brazil in the final.
The recipient of 35 full caps,[2] he was also summoned for the 1990 FIFA World Cup, appearing in one game as the national side exited in the round of 16 (90 minutes against South Korea, 1–0 triumph)

(Wikipedia)

VIDEOS:

Spoiler: show

Malcolm X

Re: Sergio Daniel Martínez | 1992-1997

Postby Malcolm X » 2013 Oct 24, 18:28

I was surprised when I didn't find this guy here.. he was an icon for Boca's hinchadas in the mid 90's. "Manteca" was created for scoring, he was a maniac in this regard, always in the box waiting for a ball.. amazing 1-1 scoring ability. In the mid 90's when Boca was suffering in all positions, he always been in right spot to score.. any ball comes to the area would be good for him to score from. Despite being short, he had a decent ability to score by his head. The thing which made him very dangerous against opponents was his magnificent placing. Martinez was known for his crazy celebrations, interacting suitably with the passionate fans of Boca, which ultimately turned him to an icon for them. Simply, a classic 9, one of the best strikers I've seen in the modern ages in AFA.

Any suggestions? specially form those who witnessed his era?
Vickingo

Postby Vickingo » 2017 Jan 25, 14:05

Added to the DB. This is a really good set but with some old standards...as you said he was a pure cf striker who scored most of his goals using his response and positioning. He didn't spend that amount of energy and his technical abilities weren't good. Aside that he scored lots of goals and his goal ratio is quite good as well in this era, being topscorer of the season two times. Probably i'd take down his stamina to whites as well as his technical abilities a little more and his SP as well. I'm not sure if his mentality was so great but if we take down his stamina it'll ok.

Given him an update
chamakh

Postby chamakh » 2017 Feb 11, 12:51

Lol i didn't notice he had a set in the forum. I have a couple of aesthetic changes to suggest:

He was known by Sergio "Manteca" Martinez and i think no one would search him as Sergio Daniel Martinez in the DB so his second name should be deleted imho. Also his nickname should be added to the 1rst post.

Return to “90's”