Re: Timo Werner

Postby Karbrüggen » 2014 Feb 20, 01:59

suggest to add ★ Dribbling - his best feature
čale
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby čale » 2014 Feb 21, 08:43

Nice work hayame, i really like the set
Fixer wrote:No wonder there's a 'penetration' stat, all of them players look like rapists

MocaBG wrote:Because you are a nerd and have no life.
antony
PSD Elite

Postby antony » 2016 Nov 25, 20:18

Isn't he a CF?
Seems a great promise btw
cantona86
PSD Youth League

Postby cantona86 » 2016 Dec 10, 00:28

The original position is CF.........
Parado
New Contributor

Postby Parado » 2017 May 01, 16:33

Maybe he deserve hight green header, his header goal against schalke and mainz was amaizing, for me 78 was good number, with 76 jump
Webad
New Contributor

Postby Webad » 2017 Aug 27, 18:37

Scored today 2 goals, first one was header from corner kick. He was the MOTM. I see him as great prospect and the next German WC striker.
AAlvin
New Contributor

Postby AAlvin » 2017 Sep 16, 19:17

This lad keeps improving in every game, Attack defo needs an increase, 84? maybe?
Ocrin
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ocrin » 2018 Mar 21, 15:44

I saw him as a bad dribbler so far, but I catched some Leipzig games in the last few weeks, and he looks like a fairly effective dribbler. Not thanks to his DA (79 is perfect IMO), but he has that ability to glide past players so easily at times. Of course his speed plays a huge part, but there's probably a lot of body control involved, a bit simiar to Mbappé. He probably sits on something like 84, maybe even more.
Everyone knew it was impossible. Then came along a fool who didn't know it, and he did it.
vinnie

Postby vinnie » 2018 Jun 04, 03:40

Ocrin wrote:I saw him as a bad dribbler so far, but I catched some Leipzig games in the last few weeks, and he looks like a fairly effective dribbler. Not thanks to his DA (79 is perfect IMO), but he has that ability to glide past players so easily at times. Of course his speed plays a huge part, but there's probably a lot of body control involved, a bit simiar to Mbappé. He probably sits on something like 84, maybe even more.

i was watching some werner yesterday and had the same impression, 79 da, no higher than possibly 80. so i'm really glad to see this rating. i'm very impressed by werner's acceleration, but his da is just basic, decent, but sloppy.

overall i'm very impressed by this set. i was a bit interested in werner and tried to put together a set; there isn't enough footage available for me to be sure about much, bbut the set i came up with was identical in almost every area. the only real differences are i see werner as someone with pretty nice heading skills. i don't know for sure, but the way he attacks his headers looks like mid yellow to me, as high as 85?- jump being around 81; shooting might be slightly better all around too though he's not a great shooter from what i see.

other than that, in da, ds, agi, i rate him pretty much the exact same as the current set. maybe agi i see him slightly better but da/ds are bang on the same as what i saw.
If you don't put effort into your post, i won't put effort in my response.
pcrooce
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby pcrooce » 2018 Jun 04, 04:18

i have him pretty much the same talking about his da, tech and passing skills but i'm surprised to see his att so low, he's a player that can create and reach to a lot of chances thanks to his reaction, intelligence and knowing when to exploit his main threat (ts) but also there were no comments about his sa or anything about his att 'just' being 82 even though he scored 42 in 77 matches, not saying that numbers are everything but he did a great first season at leipzig, really making a name for himself in the team that finished runner-up at bl. it's true that he ceased his goalscoring in this last season, but he's been lethal when he's had the chance as his st is not the best for the chances leipzig create.

agree with vinnie about header & jump but the way arund, 81 heading and 85 jumping. he has a great leap off the ground.
Elivelton
New Stat Maker

Postby Elivelton » 2018 Jul 15, 18:50

Werner has some interesting way of movement without the ball, he moves a lot to the sides to abuse his speed at the back of fullbacks and defenders, without the same quality but he showed that tendency at World Cup, i think he deserves the *Side star, on another note he also gets involved a lot in the game and doesnt feel like he has that low TW tbh i can see him at least at greens here, he puts a lot of effort to get involved in the game and has some good movements without the ball, also he needs some cards to replicate his running tendencies but idk the names or how they work, he looked like a decent short passer to me or at least has some good ideas near the box to deserve some points higher, last ive seen him getting positioned like a *Lines player do, either at the sides or at the centre of the box waiting very close to the last man for opportunities its another star that i think he deserves.

Edit: An interesting thing that i`ve read is comparing his style with the styles of the former german strikers (Klose, Gomez), Werner style is just too much different and i dont know how was his record or how Low develop the NT considering this, but he mixes lots of things in one player, a poacher + speedy winger + dummy runner (if thats the correct name of the card?) instead of being only a target man for example. With bayern rumours i was thinking about how he will be used if he joins there as i said before, his style is very different from what they used before. I think i confused things a little bit but this inspired me to come here and remember that his TW is at a number of something similar to what we can see on a Target Man like Mitrovic and that he needs a good amount of points higher to replicate his movements. i remember thinking when watching him at World Cup "what is he doing on the wing again?", "why is he getting the ball so much" :lol: .
anOKguy

Postby anOKguy » 2018 Dec 20, 18:03

https://youtu.be/CBFkh94fHK4?t=13 fantastic goal versus Gladbach
https://youtu.be/Tp7uERyaj0E?t=77 great composure
https://youtu.be/Tp7uERyaj0E?t=91 excellent cut in goal
anOKguy

Postby anOKguy » 2019 Jan 20, 18:07

I want to leave some ideas for a different take on the player. Mostly just tweaks on that he has now, but with some things such as much better tw and agg ratings, with higher att and shooting as well, then paired with lower dribbling. I would like some input from anyone who gets the chance.

Spoiler: show
Timo Werner
Attack: 86
Defence: 50
Balance: 73
Stamina: 84
Top Speed: 91
Acceleration: 92
Response: 84
Agility: 79/80
Dribble Accuracy: 76
Dribble Speed: 83
Short Pass Accuracy: 72
Short Pass Speed: 70
Long Pass Accuracy: 66
Long Pass Speed: 69
Shot Accuracy: 82
Shot Power: 78
Shot Technique: 77
Free Kick Accuracy: 66
Curling: 71
Header: 86
Jump: 80
Technique: 77
Aggression: 90
Mentality: 72
Keeper Skills: 50
Teamwork: 83
+side star and lines star
Akephalos
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Akephalos » 2019 Dec 11, 15:46

20 goals and 9 assist this season, he has been nothing but outstanding, I believe he could have even better numbers but in some UCL matches was kinda erratic, but still a great season for him. He seems more confident when he tries to pull crosses and long passes, so lets keep and eye on that. About ATT, he is always a threat, but he sometimes rushes the play too much and is capable of waste some chances some times. ATT could be a bit higher too, lets see how he keeps to develop in current season.
Better to die quick, fighting on your feet, than to live forever, begging on your knees!
Ocrin
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ocrin » 2020 Jan 25, 19:39

Isn't it soon enough to give him a boost in ATT, though? Wasting chances has nothing to do with it, it's shooting we're talking about there. But creating these chances, getting in these positions is ATT and he's pretty much top class at it. Not to mention is numbers.
Everyone knew it was impossible. Then came along a fool who didn't know it, and he did it.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2020 Jun 03, 06:30

The base is this set still holds up from years back, just slight tweaks to bring up his efficiency. He's heavily linked with Liverpool, and it's an interesting move because hes both more of the same issues they are plagued with ( average ability to create on the ball, sloppiness, no real threat with passing) while also bringing in key aspects that fit perfectly to liverpools game, intense line breaking runs from the wing, great counter-attacking through runs and ball carrying, and most importantly, consistent goals.

To elaborate on that further, he's really all about getting into space on the wing, be it through making runs in behind the defense, completely losing his man and picking up a free position, or hanging back a little so he's free for the ball. Hes just looking to get the ball from any of these positions and either cut in and shoot or beat his man for pace and shoot. It's a very simple game plan with great abuse of his speed and tool kit, he's not trying complex things that he doesn't have the prowess to pull off, just efficiently using his speed and decent dribbling to get free/get a shot off. His shooting is well rounded, great accuracy typically, great power, far above average at shooting on his weaker foot and decent at pulling off awkward shots. These are all things that could be amazing for Liverpool, and it really looks like a solid fit for their gameplan. But as I said, hes suffers from quite a few problems that Liverpool do have issues with, and if he isn't bringing in the goals, and his speed isn't opening up the game, there's very little he can do.

On paper its a very good fit, but not without its downsides. Im curious on his work ethic to fit in with liverpools high pressing game, I need to see more full matches to really asses that.
Akephalos
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Akephalos » 2020 Jun 04, 19:13

Leipzig is a team that bases his playstyle on high pressing, quick transitions and effective counter attacks. Thos formula is working this season, and as a result they're now between the best 8 teams in current UCL. High pressing is something he can do "ok" but that task is mainly something his team mates such as Laimer and Mukiele do perfect.

Is more likely that Chelsea will be Werner destination next season. Werner is very good, don't get me wrong, but I still don't think he is a WC striker. He wastes chance a WC normally wouldn't and sometimes his decission making is not he best, however, when he is having a good game he could become a goal scorer machine, He is not a poacher, he is more of a attacker who is very aware of his assets and use them properly to create danger, such as speed, good mobility (transitioning from CF to SS or WF) and nice shooting.

He is great but, after watching almost every match trhu 2 seasons in a row, I don't feel he is the kind of forward that could carry a team own his own. If Leipzig is having a bad game, he is not the kind of player who will show will and drive to carry his team to victory, when usually is Werner is not having a good game, Leipzig has multiple resources to make things work.
Better to die quick, fighting on your feet, than to live forever, begging on your knees!
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2020 Jun 05, 18:49

Akephalos wrote:Is more likely that Chelsea will be Werner destination next season. Werner is very good, don't get me wrong, but I still don't think he is a WC striker.

He defintly isn't WC. Hes good, but pretty limited and has a massive amount of space in the BL, granted, hes good at creating it for himself, but how he holds up against top opposition remains to be seen.
I'll be very impressed if he hits over 10 league goals, which will be very good since he'll be operating as a left SS/wing most likely, anything over the 15 mark would really surprise me.
Akephalos
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Akephalos » 2020 Jun 06, 03:40

Well, I agree on the fact he will no doubt face better opposition in EPL. It's hard to judge a player and perfectly predict how they’ll transition to a new team/league. There's a lot of examples of Bundesliga players that do great in EPL or La Liga, but there are some cases of others who simply can't adapt. Adaptation is part of football, but it’s not always the only judgement a player can have if to catalog him as a good player or not.

He needs to prove himself against top clubs? Sure. So far he did good against Bayern and BVB domestically, the only thing is he was pretty erratic against Bayern in the last game, however he had good matches against Spurs. He also showed good prowess at international level against Benfica, Lyon, Monaco and Napoli.

As I said on Discord, Chelsea doesn't seem like the right club for him. Chelsea is more ball possesion oriented, slow building kind of playstyle (amine's words) and also that was my impression on them on the few matches I watched from Chelsea at UCL, and that's not precisely a style Werner is used to. I'm not saying he won't adapt, but that's not the perfect playstyle take advantage of Werner's assets.

Also, Werner could easily scored like over 40 goals this season, the amount of verticality and quick transitions and space his teammates make for him on Leipzig's system is quite admirable, but he is so erratic and dumb sometimes; on a good day he is capable to score a brace and assist or a hattrick, on a bad day you'll barely notice he is on the pitch. If we check his statistics, yeah sure he has 25 goals just in Bundesliga, but he only in almost half of the matches: he had 14 matches when he didn't score! and usually when he doesn't score he also doesn't make assists.

IMHO Werner does not deserve high SA, because he is capable of wasted a big amount of chance because his shooting accuracy is awful sometimes, like I said above, if maybe another more clinical striker like Lewandowski had the same amount of 1 on 1 or shooting opportunities like Werner, he would have score a lot of them. Sure Werner scored a lot of goals, but he also wasted a big amount of chances.

Return to “Chelsea FC”