PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Quincy Promes

Postby PES Stats Database » 2013 Jun 20, 13:56

AlexDantas2009
New Stat Maker

Re: Quincy Promes

Postby AlexDantas2009 » 2013 Jun 21, 00:16

I expect so much of this guy. What he did last season at Go Ahead Eagles was awesome!
Flamengo, FC Twente e Real Oviedo só.

Fides
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby Fides » 2013 Sep 15, 09:29

Good player. Wouldnt be suprised if he gets a chance in the Dutch NT, I mean...if Lens and Schaken are worthy of a starter position, than this guy can have a try as well.

This set makes him a bit too one-dimensional. He isnt just a dribbler, but he is also quite a decent passer and team player IMO.
AlexDantas2009
New Stat Maker

Postby AlexDantas2009 » 2013 Oct 06, 21:01

Agree. He deserves some increments in his skills.
I suggest
SPA: 72 --> 76
SPS: 75 --> 78
LPA: 72 --> 75
FKA: 63 --> 74 (He took some free kicks, despite had not scoring, he obligated the goalkeepers to make some saves.)
TEC: 79 --> 81
FKA: 73 --> 76
Flamengo, FC Twente e Real Oviedo só.

Fides

Postby Fides » 2013 Nov 28, 08:33

I think his technical ability and shooting is more important to his style of play than his pace/agility. He isnt like Schaken/Narsingh who are basically useless if they cant use their speed. Promes is technically quite wel and knows where to go to score goals too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHpnHymRV78

I loved the control at the 2:00-goal in this video as well. Very cheeky. Vid also shows that he scores goals from 18-22 meters often.
Fides

Postby Fides » 2014 May 08, 08:07

Altough it was a 'silent' update, I think this current set is quite accurate.
Verratti1992
PSD Youth League

Postby Verratti1992 » 2014 Aug 08, 02:18

mcmattie
PSD Elite

Postby mcmattie » 2014 Aug 08, 07:53

Seriously?! After playing only one year in the Eredivisie, this guy is leaving already. A year ago he was playing in the Jupiler League. Past season he showed himself as a great talent and came near the national team. This season he could have showed himself to take Twente's attacking lead after Tadic left.
Another young talent who's leaving for a foreign club way too early, and not even a very interesting or much stronger team or competition.
Verratti1992
PSD Youth League

Postby Verratti1992 » 2014 Aug 08, 10:47

http://www.championat.com/photo/football/13054/
img11.hostingpics.net/pics/476235QZ8j3E2tv1U.jpg
KeyserSoze

Postby KeyserSoze » 2014 Aug 08, 20:48

"Willy Wanda is Chinese!!!"
Sergio1990
New Stat Maker

Postby Sergio1990 » 2016 Aug 23, 14:44

Goals, skills, assist[season 2015/16] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTHLjZOU6GA
mcmattie
PSD Elite

Postby mcmattie » 2016 Aug 23, 14:58

May deserve some slight raises in his skills. His Ment and TW should be lower though, somewhere in mid 60s. Pretty selfish player.
Sergio1990
New Stat Maker

Postby Sergio1990 » 2016 Aug 23, 15:23

mcmattie wrote:May deserve some slight raises in his skills. His Ment and TW should be lower though, somewhere in mid 60s. Pretty selfish player.

I agree. I think this is the best player in league after departure of Hulk.
SpartakRW
New Stat Maker

Postby SpartakRW » 2016 Dec 27, 16:07

Side: only B, remove AMF, add SMF|SS|CF. Stats Quincy understated - it is one of the best players and Russian PL is called regular for the national team of the Netherlands.
Livertak
New Contributor

Postby Livertak » 2017 May 05, 12:38

Promes for several seasons in Spartak became the real leader of team, became the constant player of the national team of the Netherlands. Even in the winter Liverpool was interested in him, it isn't excluded that in the summer he will leave in top-5 league. My suggestions:

Add CF

Attack => +4
Short Pass Accuracy => +4

Jump => -7

Teamwork => +4

PLAYER INDEX CARDS:
add P05 - Mazing Run
add P07 - Early Cross
add P09 - Incisive Run
Suji
New Stat Maker

Postby Suji » 2019 Mar 31, 14:34

Deserves at least 87 TEC for me. Every time I see him getting on the end of a long ball , he always seems to execute the perfect chest control. He traps the ball really well , even on difficult occasions.
Houy
PSD Elite

Postby Houy » 2019 Apr 19, 19:32

Suji wrote:Deserves at least 87 TEC for me. Every time I see him getting on the end of a long ball , he always seems to execute the perfect chest control. He traps the ball really well , even on difficult occasions.

That's a good point, his touch is better than Sarabia's and he often makes unconventional traps on the move. Imo he isn't seamless enough in his transition from control to resuming his movement like Ben Yedder for example to warrant higher than 87, i think 86-87 is an accurate rating. Plus he isn't that pristine technical trapper, in the sense that he brings down the ball to near perfect halt, to demand it in terms of pure quality. His touch added to other qualities make him kind of a game changing winger in theory. He's energetic, two-footed, a solid passer, great at protecting the ball through the use of feints and he's damn fast. I say in theory because it's difficult to gauge the optimized version of his game as an attacker from the position of Wing-Back that he's been playing for Sevilla.

Playing as WB he mainly hugs the line and it's uncommon to see him stride inwards or appear inside the box. That said he looks natural in the position, beside his great mobility he has the decent supportive ability and range of speed in his short passing to interact well with the game as he roams the left wing. There's also his efficiency as a dribbler so he isn't prone to cost the team possession and leave his side exposed. When he does lose the ball it's usually when he's ventured into more advanced positions and is trying be incisive, he is not one to take on players without good reason though and his ''trickster'' style of dribbling is mainly used to stave off his marker. The only real problem about him as a player with clear defensive duties is his defending. He tries to be attentive, doesn't have any special knack for dispossessing nor is he very responsive, his athleticism helps to a certain extend. The thing about Sevilla this season is they already have a such hole in the midfield, i don't know if they honestly care for his shortcomings a defender :lol: , and the other WB is Navas after all ( he is a tier above Promes in defense, to be fair ). Quincy begun being tried as WB after Escudero's injury early in the season, and though Sergio returned and got play-time the preference atm is clearly to keep Promes starting, seemingly opting for the overall package he possesses in offense. Interestingly enough though, the team isn't interacting with it's wings like they did in the first half of the season when they played a key role in expressing the team's quick counter attacking strategy. That's probably to be expected though, with the game-plan as a whole now playing more to individual freedoms of the players, to the joy of some and the dismay of others. This is largely because the team has many great players that they might not be able to afford to leave out that can't all fit well in the current set up, both in therms of formation and ( former.. )game-plan, especially players like Promes, Banega and Mesa.

This is in large part due to the position he's playing but Promes doesn't have great end product atm, scoring especially. He is not super aggressive so playing a more clear midfielder role doesn't help him raise his tally. He's often aired his shooting attempts when he has stepped into the box, he looks to have a good mind for accuracy but also an apparent weakness to shoot off balance. His passing/crossing is decent, he's short passing is solid especially in range( though any assist i remember has come form his crosses ), he mostly utilities it with the emphasis on power and he's not bad at making sharp cut back passes but his accuracy isn't that great. Now starting the vast majority of his attacking from outside the box, this would have been a good chance to show off his long shooting and his crossing but he really hasn't. Most of his shots i remember, although quite strong, he made from side positions inside the box while his crosses come mainly from the edge of it but unlike Navas' for example i don't generally expect him to promptly rely on his crossing to good results whenever his options have been cut short.

I haven't got the impression he is an 80+ Att from his decision making and the danger he creates overall, he's noticeably behind Sarabia ( i'd say 83 ) for one. There's the matter of his position, he played as a more conventional winger in his first appearances and though i can't recall them well. I happened to had seen him in the two UCL preliminaries vs Paok he played for Spatak this season actually where he played as a clear cut Winger, he was heralded as the team's and the league's big star so i had taken note some of him back then. He moved a lot outside the wing so he can receive the ball and instigate attacks for his team acting as an AM, though Fernando was the main instigator of the team's attack through great distribution and connectivity and he made more of an impression. Media made some fuss about his not delivering in those game because of the fame the preceded him, but maybe that was just rubbing it in. It's difficult to say about his attack with certainty, not ideal at this time but i'd say he's more like a strong 79, just from this current season.

In addition to Tech, i would change the following:

Spoiler: show
DP: SM , + WB
Def: 32->46
BB: 73->76
Sta: 82->85
TS: 84->90 ( fastest player of the team currently, maybe a tad behind Aleix in final speed but i watch Promes reaching it more often, game time is a factor ofcourse )
DS: 83->82
SPA: 81->78
LPA: 75->76
ST: 77->76
Curl: 81->82
Add: Flicking skills, Run Around ( step over and run around are his favorites, does them all the time ) Remove: Mazing Run, Early Cross
Twix
Regular Poster

Postby Twix » 2019 Sep 24, 18:18

Why was Quincy removed the position WF? In Spartak _rus, where he became the RPL star, Promes constantly played an attacking winger (mainly on the left, and at first on the right).
KeyserSoze

Postby KeyserSoze » 2019 Sep 24, 22:05

Anyway, he's mostly likely to play as WF at Ajax.
"Willy Wanda is Chinese!!!"
pcrooce
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby pcrooce » 2019 Sep 26, 00:31

hat-trick today, he’s playing great, switching positions all the time

Return to “AFC Ajax”