Ruud Gullit | 1987-1989 & 1995-1996

Moderators: lucashag, Adrien, Albo7, Korinov, Brezza, jurgens

Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Ruud Gullit | 1987-1989 & 1995-1996

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 11, 02:36

1987-1989

Nickname: "ll Tulipo Nero" ("The Black Tulip")

Club: AC Milan

Growth type: Early/Lasting

1995-1996

Nickname: "ll Tulipo Nero" ("The Black Tulip")

Club: Chelsea FC

Growth type: Early/Lasting

INFO:

Spoiler: show
Ruud Gullit was one of the most complete footballers to play the game, renowned as one of the three "Tiger-Soldiers" of AC Milan and Holland alongside Frank Rijkaard and Marco Van Basten. Gullit epitomised the ethos of Total Football as he was naturally adept in almost every position. His foremost attribute was his athleticism, as he used his strength and speed to great effect, as well as being excellent in the air. Yet unusually for a man of his stature Gullit also possessed outstanding natural balance and poise that gave a graceful style to his game. Gullit thus combined technical ability with physical presence to become an iconic figure in world football. Gullit's brilliance prompted George Best to comment in 1990, "Ruud Gullit is a great player by any standards. He has all the skills. He's not afraid to do things with the ball. And he looks as if he's enjoying every second of it”

In July 1995, he signed for Chelsea on a free transfer. Initially played as sweeper by manager Glenn Hoddle with limited success, Gullit was moved to his more familiar role in midfield, where he scored six goals. The signing of Gullit, alongside the likes of Mark Hughes and Dan Petrescu, propelled Chelsea to the semi-final of the FA Cup but their league form was disappointing.

Gullit's earliest difficulty in England was adapting to the abilities of some of his Chelsea teammates, "I would take a difficult ball, control it, make space and play a good ball in front of the right back, except that he didn't want that pass. Eventually Glenn said to me: Ruud, it would be better if you do these things in midfield." However, his adjustment was rapid and he ended the season by being named runner-up to Eric Cantona as Footballer of the Year.

VIDEOS:

ADDITIONAL LINKS:

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5833843

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruud_Gullit

http://www.spiritus-temporis.com/ruud-gullit/

http://fourfourtwo.com/interviews/perfe ... ticle.aspx

Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Apr 19, 05:17, edited 21 times in total.
Reason: adjusted format.
Brezza
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Ruud GULLIT | 1987/1989

Postby Brezza » 2009 Mar 22, 16:43

crisfar wrote:I have seen him play many times live, great player, very good tecnique, powerful like a bull when running and an amazing header... but some values are here overrated and some needs a change IMO:

Balance: 91 < 93 --- Impossible to move from the ball, due to his statuesque phisique
Stamina: 86 < 89 --- He use to run a lot until 90 min and everywhere, attack mid or defense...
T S 87 < 92 ---incredible speed on long distance!
Acceleration: 93 > 87 --- not so fast in few meters, due to long legs
Dribble Accuracy: 93> 87 --- good dribbler but not exaggerated, with his BB would have been unstoppable!
Shot Power: 88 < 91 --- Able to shoot very powerfully from long distance, one of his best feature
Free Kick Accuracy: 75 < 80 --- He scored a few FKs...
Technique: 94 > 88 --- Great tecnique though not at level of the best of Serie A of that time, Maradona, Baggio, Van Basten or Roberto Mancini...he could compete with his phisyque...
Mentality: 82 < 87 --- Great hard worker, open to sacrifice...

Condition may be 7, all the stars are accurate...By the way Ruud was an unusual type of player for his time, had power, speed and tecnique together with a good tactical sense, complete under every aspect.

Thanks some good suggestions and ive updated him slightly.

Good point with his speed as he looked to excel over distances as he built up speed with his long legs.

Not sure i agree with balance, 91 seems strong enough on par with Zidane i dont think he was quite at Drogba or Heskey's level.

94 for technique WAS been overdoing it compared with the players you mentioned dropped it to 88

Completly disagree with dribbling its all about the accuracy you have over the ball and his was sensational and equal with those on a similiar value. May have overrated dribble speed though so I have lowered it to 87.
sencesor
Valued Contributor

Postby sencesor » 2009 Apr 01, 12:39

Overall, good update, minus couple of stats imo:

acc 93 :arrow: 87 - hell no mate!, had outstanding acc, 93 may be too much, 91 might be more accurate imo.

Agree with u on bb. 91 - very strong, but no drogba - no change needed there.

tech - 93 seem the right number for me, as for s.t. rather than 92.

Again, Overall good update, and good stats, two stats I would like to raise for questioning:

at. 86 :arrow: 88 - was very attack minded, and knew his way well in goal area.

df. 58 :arrow: 65 - was also a good defensive player (an excellent example of total football really...), easily on par with current fat lampard ;) imo, who sits on 67...

What you guys think?
"Buy the ticket - take the ride" - Dr. Raoul Duke - Pure Gonzo journalism.
abrack

Postby abrack » 2009 Apr 02, 16:32

I disagree with gullit stats!
Since I watch football Gullit has always been my favourite player and the best i have ever seen..
He is like a mix of Henry (Shot), eto'o (top speed and acc), drogba (balance) and weah (drible ac and drible speed). He is such a absolutely complete player.
I would like you to watch the stats that i've seen on the internet.I think that stats are good except the free kick accuracy and the curling

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/36341/t ... res/10.htm
sencesor
Valued Contributor

Postby sencesor » 2009 Apr 03, 11:03

abrack
Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:32 pm

I disagree with gullit stats!
Since I watch football Gullit has always been my favourite player and the best i have ever seen..
He is like a mix of Henry (Shot), eto'o (top speed and acc), drogba (balance) and weah (drible ac and drible speed). He is such a absolutely complete player.
I would like you to watch the stats that i've seen on the internet.I think that stats are good except the free kick accuracy and the curling

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/36341/t%20...%20res/10.htm

Hi there, and welcome. :)

for the topic, sorry mate, gullit is my all-time favorite player too, but the stats on neoseeker seem overrated & inaccurate imo.

I've stated my suggestions in the previous post, but there are two stats that I forgot to mention that could be underrated:

agility & teamwork, that both currently stand on 86 can both go up by two points to 88 imo.

cheers.
Brezza

Postby Brezza » 2009 Apr 03, 15:45

Yeah those Neoseeker stats look pretty overrated. Plus one of the members of that site Panasonic clearly copies stats from this site. :evil:

Not sure about raising agility, 86 is still damn agile for a lanky player like him he want more agile than Kaka. Your right about teamwork which ive raised to 88 . I need to revise his speed and passing stats i think
sencesor
Valued Contributor

Postby sencesor » 2009 Apr 03, 16:42

Brezza
Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:45 pm

Yeah those Neoseeker stats look pretty overrated. Plus one of the members of that site Panasonic clearly copies stats from this site.

Not sure about raising agility, 86 is still damn agile for a lanky player like him he want more agile than Kaka. Your right about teamwork which ive raised to 88 . I need to revise his speed and passing stats i think

Yeah, passing stats can be revised, do your thing mate.. ;)
can accept agility at 86, please check out attack and defance stats as well.
Rfuna

Postby Rfuna » 2009 Apr 09, 15:02

does his jump need to be this high when he's 190 cm :? I mean 98... he could jump over the cross bar with 98 :lol: He wasn't all that quick either, I think both values could be in mid-80s range. And I could see SA go up by 1pt. 8-)
Gotta change my shirt, it's sticking to me. I'm sweatin' like a cunt. Don Logan
sencesor
Valued Contributor

Postby sencesor » 2009 Apr 09, 23:33

I suggest you watch some of his clips in youtube before you make more suggestions... ;)
Rfuna

Postby Rfuna » 2009 Apr 09, 23:42

sencesor wrote:I suggest you watch some of his clips in youtube before you make more suggestions... ;)

I suggest you watch the man play in a 90 miunte match instead of relying on video highlights ;)
sencesor
Valued Contributor

Postby sencesor » 2009 Apr 10, 01:25

It was a joke mate... :D If you did, as I have, then you must have missed some of his amazing Superman-Headers, I mean c'mon man, jump mid 80..?!? :?
Rfuna

Postby Rfuna » 2009 Apr 10, 02:28

sencesor wrote:It was a joke mate... :D If you did, as I have, then you must have missed some of his amazing Superman-Headers, I mean c'mon man, jump mid 80..?!? :?
i was joking to mate, hence the ;) ... and I meant both speed stats should be in high 80s. Jump I'd put at about 90. Some of these stats just look plain funny to me, SPA only at 83 :o 87-89 was Gullit at his best. Just my thoughts. Of course its difficult to rate such a player from a different era when you don't watch him week in week out. I have taped games from Euro 88 somewhere, might take a quick gander if I can be bothered :D
sencesor
Valued Contributor

Postby sencesor » 2009 Apr 10, 08:54

Rfuna
Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:28 am

i was joking to mate, hence the ;) ... and I meant both speed stats should be in high 80s

Oh... :mrgreen: & you did say mid 80's & not high 80's... :)

Can't say I agree with you bout that as well mate - had outstanding acceleration & top speed imo. agree with you bout passing being too low - all of these stats are being revised by Breeze, as he already stated. can see sa go up by one or two (84-85) as well... :P think its more on par with Matthaus & Nedved's sa, whom both sit on 85, not sure though, 83 sa, combined with the high st (92/93..? :P ) might be enough...

Cheers
zuo

Postby zuo » 2009 Jun 07, 04:29

imo this set needs a complete overhaul.....also header and jump are totally crazy
Saving Private Adrian

Alcohomicide

Postby Alcohomicide » 2009 Jun 07, 04:45

Especially for a height: 190 player!
"When we were winning leagues and European Cups at Real I always said Makelele was our most important player. There is no way myself Figo or Raúl would have been able to do what we did without Claude and the same goes for Liverpool and Gerrard."
Brezza

Postby Brezza » 2009 Jun 07, 18:49

slight update including the droppage of heading and jump, he was superb in the air but those values were pretty outrageous for such a tall player :shock: :lol:
theNikki
New Contributor

Postby theNikki » 2009 Jun 09, 05:52

Brezza wrote:slight update including the droppage of heading and jump, he was superb in the air but those values were pretty outrageous for such a tall player :shock: :lol:

how height affects one's heading and jumping abilities? If something it is the opposite, taller guys usually can do the header better. On Gullit's case this is true AND he actually was VERY good jumping, 90 is way too low
Alcohomicide

Postby Alcohomicide » 2009 Jun 09, 05:56

theNikki wrote:
Brezza wrote:slight update including the droppage of heading and jump, he was superb in the air but those values were pretty outrageous for such a tall player :shock: :lol:

how height affects one's heading and jumping abilities? If something it is the opposite, taller guys usually can do the header better. On Gullit's case this is true AND he actually was VERY good jumping, 90 is way too low

...A player with this height + Balance and 95 jump will NEVER lose a header. They will win every single header. Seriously, look @ the ladders and see how other players, especially of today compare.

On that basis, for instance, does he deserve a higher jump stat than Tim Cahill?

A taller player already has an advantage. So if say Tim Cahill wins a header vs. Vidic that requires a greater leap as he is shorter, which he manages to do. Gullit is taller to start with.
"When we were winning leagues and European Cups at Real I always said Makelele was our most important player. There is no way myself Figo or Raúl would have been able to do what we did without Claude and the same goes for Liverpool and Gerrard."
theNikki
New Contributor

Postby theNikki » 2009 Jun 09, 16:27

Alcohomicide wrote:
theNikki wrote:

...A player with this height + Balance and 95 jump will NEVER lose a header. They will win every single header. Seriously, look @ the ladders and see how other players, especially of today compare.

On that basis, for instance, does he deserve a higher jump stat than Tim Cahill?

A taller player already has an advantage. So if say Tim Cahill wins a header vs. Vidic that requires a greater leap as he is shorter, which he manages to do. Gullit is taller to start with.

But Gullit was exceptional for tall player in that he was really good in jumping, 90 is good but maybe he was even better. I don't think player abilities should be brought down just to make them more even..
Alcohomicide

Postby Alcohomicide » 2009 Jun 09, 21:40

Why would you give a near 2 meter tall player 95 jump? Would it look realistic and suit the way he would jump? He doesn't have to jump as high as a Tim Cahill like player because he's already very tall. Combined with a high (but not stupid) jump stat + BB he will still be a force in the air.

You want his jumps to look real, yes?

Return to “80's”