Nickname: "The Cosmonaut of the Football Horizon" | "Царос" ("Tzar") | "Ukrainian arrow"
Growth type: Early/Lasting
Oleg Blokhin is considered by many as the greatest Soviet Union footballers of all-time if you don't include Lev Yashin who was a goalkeeper. He was a deep-lying forward with sprinter’s speed, technically excellent, and with exceptional work rate. Blokhin was also noted for his professional mind and ambition. Although he holds the record all-time top scorer of Soviet Union national team, his performance in the World Cup wasn't so impressive as he scored just a goal per tournament. Especially, His speed deteriorated in the 1986 World Cup. It was Igor Belanov who surprised the world scoring many goals instead of him. He also won second place Soviet footballer of the year 4 times in 1977, 1978, 1980 and 1981, was voted 5th European Footballer of The Year in 1981.
* European Footballer of the Year: Winner in 1975, 5th in 1981, 19th in 1974 and 1976
* Soviet Footballer of the Year: 1973, 1974, 1975
* Ukrainian Footballer of the Year: 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1980, 1981
* Soviet Top League top scorer: 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1977
* Soviet Top League All-Time Goals and Appearances Leader
* UEFA Cup Winners' Cup 1985-86 top scorer
* European Cup 1986-87 second place on top scorers list
* USSR national football team All-Time Goals and Caps Leader
- Spoiler: show
http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%91%D0% ... 0%B8%D1%87