Moderators: VUKDS, bitz, Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database

Giannis Gianniotas, Apollon Limassol

Postby PES Stats Database » 2012 Oct 25, 11:18

bitz

Re: Giannis Gianniotas

Postby bitz » 2015 Jan 11, 13:51

Great game from him with two goals against PAOK. He is really really fast.

Visit my alt thread: http://pesstatsdatabase.com/viewtopic.php?f=1011&t=25348
stavrello7

Notes 2014-15

Postby stavrello7 » 2015 Jan 12, 19:29

Acc: 87 (could have more)
Speed: 85 (could have more)
DS: 84++
EXP 86+

Stamina 81
BB: 73

SP: 79+

WFF 6 or 7
www.facebook.com/betweenfourlines
www.facebook.com/GRPatchPGPES6
bitz

Postby bitz » 2015 May 20, 20:23

Motion
Dribbling
Hunching: 1
Arm Movement: 5

Running
Hunching: 1
Arm Movement: 5
Visit my alt thread: http://pesstatsdatabase.com/viewtopic.php?f=1011&t=25348
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2015 Jun 08, 20:25

http://www.sport24.gr/football/omades/O ... 17258.html

To _gre Olympiacos for the next 4 years.
Houy

Postby Houy » 2015 Oct 29, 19:21

he seemed more disciplined yesterday,stupid decision making was one of his biggest flaws,i see a lot of potencial in him even though he is not as higly regarded as Kolovos.
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2015 Dec 31, 11:03

http://www.apoelfc.com.cy/nqcontent.cfm?a_id=14649

To _cyp APOEL Nicosia on a six month loan.
He is #70.
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2016 Jan 18, 14:47

petreleo wrote:http://www.apoelfc.com.cy/nqcontent.cfm?a_id=14649

He is #70.

Is this set a bit underrated for him? I clearly think so, from what I've seen from him, especially in his technical attributes.
Came to APOEL and fitted nicely into the team, playing as a starter from his first game, taking also the corners and many Free-Kicks.
No idea why he wasn't utilized at Olympiacos. Maybe because he is too selfish for them, given they have many other higher-profile players who are already selfish themselves.
In his third game in the Weekend Vs Enosis Neon Paralimni, he made a Man of the Match performance, scoring a cracking goal from outside the box: https://vine.co/v/iOIDpYb72Zd

Starting from the most obvious ones, he is clearly a yellow's Dribbler as he is fantastic on moving and dribbling with the ball. Clearly much more dangerous than this Attacking-wise, helped by his clever runs into the box, with better Finishing and even Heading(he used to score a lot of headers in Greece from what I've seen in the Videos), andPassing and especially Crossing. Suggested Changes:
Attack: 74 (+3)
Header Accuracy: 72 (+3)
Dribble Accuracy: 82 (+3)
Short Pass Accuracy: 72 (+1)
Short Pass Speed: 73 (+2)
Long Pass Accuracy: 74 (+5)
Long Pass Speed: 73 (+5)
Shot Accuracy: 73 (+4)
Place Kicking: 71 (+4)
Swerve: 73 (+5)
Kicking Power: 78 (+3)

Any Opinions from Greek League fans?

New Photo:
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2016 Feb 01, 17:54

petreleo wrote:
petreleo wrote:http://www.apoelfc.com.cy/nqcontent.cfm?a_id=14649

He is #70.

Is this set a bit underrated for him? I clearly think so, from what I've seen from him, especially in his technical attributes.
Came to APOEL and fitted nicely into the team, playing as a starter from his first game, taking also the corners and many Free-Kicks.
No idea why he wasn't utilized at Olympiacos. Maybe because he is too selfish for them, given they have many other higher-profile players who are already selfish themselves.
In his third game in the Weekend Vs Enosis Neon Paralimni, he made a Man of the Match performance, scoring a cracking goal from outside the box: https://vine.co/v/iOIDpYb72Zd

Starting from the most obvious ones, he is clearly a yellow's Dribbler as he is fantastic on moving and dribbling with the ball. Clearly much more dangerous than this Attacking-wise, helped by his clever runs into the box, with better Finishing and even Heading(he used to score a lot of headers in Greece from what I've seen in the Videos), andPassing and especially Crossing. Suggested Changes:
Attack: 74 (+3)
Header Accuracy: 72 (+3)
Dribble Accuracy: 82 (+3)
Short Pass Accuracy: 72 (+1)
Short Pass Speed: 73 (+2)
Long Pass Accuracy: 74 (+5)
Long Pass Speed: 73 (+5)
Shot Accuracy: 73 (+4)
Place Kicking: 71 (+4)
Swerve: 73 (+5)
Kicking Power: 78 (+3)

Any Opinions from Greek League fans?

New Photo:

He is a fantastic player, and it is really weird how he ended-up in Cyprus at such a young age.
Currently, APOEL's Man of the Match in the majority of the games since joining the team, and his performance in a 6-1 win over Nea Salamina last weekend was by far his best this Season, if not the best of his whole career. Watch some of the highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUliKah9x5o
Gianniotas' set before my suggested upgrades seemed very underrated for his ability. Even now, some areas might still need upgrades, for example his Dribble Accuracy, his Dribble Speed, his Crossing and even his Acceleration. His dribbling seems Messi-esque, well, surely not at Messi's level, probably about Fetfatzides' level, but the movement reminds him, I think, as he sticks the ball to his feet and Accelerate both away and towards opponents.
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2016 Mar 14, 12:19

Gianniotas has been top-class since joining APOEL on-loan. One of the top performers of the team, as they managed to pull-off an incredible 11-game-winning-streak that made APOEL strong favorites for the Championship Title, and APOEL is offering Olympiacos about 1 million Euros to sign him permanently in the Summer, something which is a club record fee!

He usually plays on the Right-Wing in the 4-2-3-1 system, and he has developed an incredible understanding with fellow January signing, Bulgarian Right-Back Zhivko Milanov, like for example the combination of the two as well as the scorer, in-form Left-Winger Georgios Efrem, in APOEL's first goal in the 2-1 come-back Win in the derby Vs Omonoia last Weekend(1:25).

In the late stages of the match, with the score still at 1-1, Gianniotas switched sides, playing as a Left-inside-Striker, having an immediate effect on the team, starting the attack that lead to APOEL's Second goal, fellow Winger's Vander Vieira winner, after De Vincenti's volley(3:08):

Tenacity& Defence& Stamina are some areas in which it is worthwhile to keep an eye on. He always seems to pop-up everywhere along his side, both in Attack and in Defence, fighting for the ball, making some brave challenges, especially in the derbies.

Gianniotas has even played as a Central-Striker in some occasions for APOEL, for example in the away derby Vs Apollon Limassol. By playing as a Striker, he wasn't as active on-the-ball as he usually is, but using his pace, he applied a lot of pressure on opponents when they had the ball, and he runned into spaces to start counter-attacks, while the team's Striker, Pieros Sotiriou, played in Gianniota's normal position, on the Right-Wing, to offer height on that side.
Houy

Postby Houy » 2016 Mar 18, 20:19

There's been talk about giving him another chance,if there's a decision i don't think Apoel will have a chance of keeping him.He did seem more improved in discipline ,defensive contribution and decision making before he left.With Hernani and Seba as back-up wingers he was not given any time,Hernani didn't produce what was expected and will probably go back to Porto.His low center of gravity and good close control is what you are referring to,but he is nowhere near Fetfa's close control and dribbling in tight spaces but he is much faster and a good speed dribbler nonetheless.I think his time as a starter in a championship team will be good for his confidence although Super league defenses certainly tougher to break down.
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2016 Mar 21, 15:31

Mr. Houy wrote:There's been talk about giving him another chance,if there's a decision i don't think Apoel will have a chance of keeping him.He did seem more improved in discipline ,defensive contribution and decision making before he left.With Hernani and Seba as back-up wingers he was not given any time,Hernani didn't produce what was expected and will probably go back to Porto.His low center of gravity and good close control is what you are referring to,but he is nowhere near Fetfa's close control and dribbling in tight spaces but he is much faster and a good speed dribbler nonetheless.I think his time as a starter in a championship team will be good for his confidence although Super league defenses certainly tougher to break down.

Even if Olympiacos wants him right now to return to their team, in my opinion, it is highly unlikely that he will be trusted there, and if Olympiacos qualifies for the Champions League group stages through the Summer's qualifiers he might be shown the door really late in the Summer Transfer Window, possibly on-loan to some mid-table Superleague team, in the expense of some new big-money signings they would afford to make.

For the Fetfatzides' comparison, I still think that Gianniotas' dribbling is almost as good as Fetfatzides' one, especially right now that Fetfa has declined in dribbling in comparison to his teenage years. What you are probably talking about, is that they have different types of dribbling, with Fetfatzides using more close control of the ball, first-touch and skills and tricks, while Gianniotas uses pure speed, explosiveness and agility in addition to his outstanding dribbling technique.

He was the creator of the first two APOEL goals in the massive 0-3 Win this Weekend over League rivals, AEK Larnaca, at (0:01) and (1:38):

Houy

Postby Houy » 2016 Mar 21, 16:00

I am not saying he will be given a chance in the team,i am saying he will be given a chance in pre-season ,weather he gets his chance or not is up to Silva,who has proven to be a fair judge,Fortounis might not have been given his chance as a starter otherwise and reach this amazing level,and Zdielar was playing over players like Cambiasso and Kasami before he was injured,Bouchalakis too in pre-season.If Hernani leaves,probably,he will get his time,since we are not looking for wingers with Jimmy's plethoric game,and Pardo's great promise ,even if he hasn't fully adapted yet.Next season i think young greek players will get much more time ,since the team has made an 180 turn and discarded pointless signings from smaller greek clubs and makes carefull choices,Tsimikas,Bouchalakis,Zdielar,Gianniotas will be given a chance i believe,not so excited for Kolovos tbh.Fetfa is nowhere near as fast as Gianniotas but is close to impossible to dispossess ,with the ball glued to his foot,don't know about his dribbling declining,he just never achieved giving essence to his game at a level he would make a difference,if Giannotas improves his decision making,he can actually contribute as a winger.
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2016 Apr 25, 18:49

Great players win "big" matches, and this is exactly what Gianniotas did in the derby Vs Omonoia Nicosia last Weekend, scoring 2 goals in a 0-2 Away win for APOEL Nicosia.

With rivals Omonoia being in their best form since 2010, and with APOEL's "man in form", Left-Winger Georgios Efrem, missing the derby through injury, someone had to step-up and deliver the goals Efrem used to deliver in all the big matches this Season, if APOEL was to win and make a step closer to the League Title, and Gianniotas did exactly that.

In addition to his creative contribution that he shows in every single game that he plays, last Weekend he scored both of the APOEL goals, with the 1st(1:25) being a fantastic header after a perfectly timed, high speed jump, and the 2nd(2:16) being a result of a very fast counter-attack from APOEL, from Striker Pieros Sotiriou and Right-WInger, Giannis Gianniotas:

Houy

Postby Houy » 2016 Jul 06, 09:44

he's been cut from the next part of pre-season sadly,they don't even want him as a back up and Victor will probably give young Manthatis first team chances,he wasn't what i expected in the two friendlies up to now,but i'd still like him as an extra option, good news for Apoel i am sure,although he is not taking it well.
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2016 Jul 06, 13:10

Mr. Houy wrote:he's been cut from the next part of pre-season sadly,they don't even want him as a back up and Victor will probably give young Manthatis first team chances,he wasn't what i expected in the two friendlies up to now,but i'd still like him as an extra option, good news for Apoel i am sure,although he is not taking it well.

As I already said, Gianniotas is a far too aggressive and selfish player for Olympiacos, given that they already have some much more well-known players who have more right than him to be selfish, like Chori Domínguez. He is aggressive in a way in which it can both help him succeed, like it happened in Cyprus, and fail, like it happened with Nery Castillo in his late days at Olympiacos. Keeping him at Olympiacos as a back-up option would only harm his eagerness to give everything for the team(the aggression I've talked about above), something which is one of his biggest assets, and this will lead to inevitable failure regarding his future at the Greek club.

I am sure that if he will return to APOEL Nicosia, he will find his "home" there, like it happened with another Olympiacos flop, Tomas De Vincenti.
Houy

Postby Houy » 2016 Jul 06, 17:06

the thing is,he wasn't even allowed to the second part of pre-season,like he wasn't even adequate for playing in the 2rd preliminary of the Ch.l ,where Olympiakos will go with an early edition of the team with players that might still be sold ,he wasn't convincing in the first two friendlies,it's interesting to see where he goes from here but unless something extraordinary happens,he is done from Olympiakos for good
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2016 Jul 13, 08:27

http://www.apoelfc.com.cy/nqcontent.cfm ... ic&lang=l1

Yes, he is back at _cyp APOEL Nicosia on a Season-Long Loan.

All of his Goals in his first spell at APOEL:

petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2017 Jul 20, 14:28

It's the 3rd time in the last three Seasons that he has been shown the door at Olympiacos, and in the last two Seasons he hasn't even been called for their first-team Summer Pre-Season in Holland.

To be fair, his 2nd loan-spell at APOEL Nicosia, last Season, was almost nothing like his 1st loan-spell there at the last 6 months of the Season before that.
Despite the fact that he was widely considered as one of APOEL's best players of the 2015-16 Season's successful title charge, as well as an undisputed starter, yet he struggled to make a big impact the Season after that.
Last Season, his performances in the League weren't as influential as they have been before, even sitting om the bench for a number of games in the League especially towards the end of the Season, and his really good performances were restricted to only a small number of European matches. Examples include his performance and last minute goal Vs Rosenborg, as well as his two goals and one penalty won Vs Athletic Bilbao.
Being over-aggressive has helped him in being viewed as a "big-game player", but at the same time it has been proved to be a weakness of his game, resulting to a high number of bookings for a Winger, and his game-style is a bit limited and slightly inconsistent.
When been given space on the counter, he can destroy teams with his pace, his pretty good finishing for a Winger, and his ability to give assists. However, when opponents play deeper in defence, he usually doesn't find the space that he needs in order to play in the way that he is best suited at, and while his dribbling at tight spaces is inconsistent, he finds himself limited in trying some crosses and long-shots that usually don't have a good result and end product
Houy

Postby Houy » 2017 Jul 20, 19:39

petreleo wrote:Last Season, his performances in the League weren't as influential as they have been before, even sitting on the bench for a number of games in the League especially towards the end of the Season, and his really good performances were restricted to only a small number of European matches.

when opponents play deeper in defence, he usually doesn't find the space that he needs in order to play in the way that he is best suited at, and while his dribbling at tight spaces is inconsistent, he finds himself limited in trying some crosses and long-shots that usually don't have a good result and end product

his game-style is a bit limited and slightly inconsistent.

at the same time it has been proved to be a weakness of his game, resulting to a high number of bookings for a Winger

Well, I don't really feel comfortable making changes not having watched him consistently for so long , though this is the set of a really strong contender for a starting position in the team. I can see a lot of what you are saying from his performances in the past and i'd definitely like we made an adjustment before he moves. Based on the above, do you think a downgrade in Att/DA/Form/Def is appropriate ?
A couple other stats i'd like to hear thoughts on are STA/Agg, cauze I had him in mind as a very aggressive/proactive player but without souch great Sta reserves.

Return to “UEFA Southern-Mediterranean region”