Postby Paddy » 2008 Dec 24, 20:01

LipD

Re: Hayden MULLINS

Postby LipD » 2009 Jan 26, 10:19

Forca Barça!!
Vandeach

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Feb 01, 11:47

These stats look awful and could do with a huge change if no-one does an update within the next 24 hours I'll come up with some ideas.
"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
coolactive

Postby coolactive » 2009 Feb 01, 12:44

For start, Imo SPA & SPS should be 2 points higher, in the "green"...
Anyone?
http://www.fcradnicki-nis.com/
FK Radnički Niš Stadium Reconstruction : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVC8KPA70hM
BiG TeL

Postby BiG TeL » 2009 Feb 06, 23:16

I agree
jmg721

Postby jmg721 » 2009 Feb 12, 09:02

Not that this is good enough reason for an update, but I just put a DMF in their formation and auto-sorted & and he was the 5th choice DMF :o
"The Recoba Effect"
Jaroslav

Postby Jaroslav » 2009 Apr 07, 13:41

Number: 6

:mrgreen:
Vandeach

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Jun 12, 16:38

Complete update, cosmetic and stats.
"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
Pompey Fan

Postby Pompey Fan » 2009 Jun 12, 16:58

Mullins don't deserve to have stats like that, unless he performs to that standard in real life. :o
Portsmouth Football Club
Vandeach

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Jun 12, 17:00

Elaborate, I've rated him high in physical stats and mentality because you can't say he doesn't work hard or is slow and weak, can you? All his technical stats are rated average/below average.
Tom

Postby Tom » 2009 Jun 12, 17:27

I still think that you can make further changes to the stats.

His Header, for instance, should be rated higher. His headers, both offensively and defensively, are accurate and have a moderate level of power behind them. Many West Ham fans will remember some of the crucial headers he made for them during his tenure at the Hammers, examples of such being against Burnley and Sheffield United.

His Attack-Defence ratio could see some changes, he's certainly not as defensively inclined as this (although that's not to say that he isn't defensively inclined). He frequents the attack moreso than the current Attack and Aggression values imply, and I wouldn't raise his Aggression further due to the type of full-back he has played in the past. I'd say that you could raise his Attack to a 68 value and that you could drop his Defence to the 72 range.

I'd also say that his Shot Technique is better than this, he strikes the ball better than this and makes a good connection when performing a shot. I'd say that you could perch him on a 70 value.

I disagree with the current Response value. He can often be accused of being sluggish when a ball is loose within his vicinity and his timing is often quite poor, and I certainly wouldn't put it above Cattermole's value.

I'd say that you could lower his Team Work further, he hasn't shown such a decent level of cohesion with his team-mates. In fact, that's been an integral reason to Portsmouth's demise (alongside inept management). I'd put it at a 79/80 value as he simply hasn't gelled all that well.

I'd also say that his Stamina could deserve a slight tweak and his Mentality by about 1, although that is contendable.
Vandeach

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Jun 12, 18:09

I have raised his header from a 69 but they can be rather poor, he closes his eyes when he goes in for a header and they generally lack direction and sometimes, power. I was certainly contemplating lowering his response further however I do feel his timing is better than Cattermole's, about attack, I just don't feel he's that intelligent in the attack, he will make stupid runs and won't position himself well. Shot technique seems fair but I have to disagree with him not gelling well, he has performed very well in the middle of the park with Davis and have worked very much in tandem with each other, I feel it would be unfair to lower it much further, especially considering how well he gelled at West Ham.
Pompey Fan

Postby Pompey Fan » 2009 Jun 12, 19:26

Yeah, he is ott here, i would not say as i'm a pompey fan, but we have better midfielders than him, davis,hughes,basinas,kranjcar.
where can i request stats from ??
as i really need:

Asmir Begovic
Joel Ward
Portsmouth Football Club
Tom

Postby Tom » 2009 Jun 12, 19:32

Pompey Fan wrote:Yeah, he is ott here, i would not say as i'm a pompey fan, but we have better midfielders than him, davis,hughes,basinas,kranjcar.
where can i request stats from ??
as i really need:

Asmir Begovic
Joel Ward

Go to the "Missing/New Players" thread, it's at the bottom of every League ;)

Yes Shaun, his headers can be poor but most of the time they are quite accurate and powerful. Hence why I'd like to see him with a 77-78 value for Header. I'd definitely disagree about his timing, I'd say that he's equal to Cattermole in this department but in his overall tackling he edges it with a heightened accuracy within the tackle itself, thus indicating by the Defence value. Since when has a 68 made a player that intelligent in Attack? With the current value Mullins plays to deep, similar to the likes of M. Diarra at Real Madrid and that isn't right, he likes to frequent the attack occasionally and appear just outside the box. As for Team Work, I think you're right actually, but I do feel that this understanding was largely due to Davis' reading and understanding of Mullins' movements and passes as opposed to a joint cohesion.
Vandeach

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Jun 12, 20:12

PF, he isn't over the top at all, he just needs to be tweaked, some stats needed a raise :roll:. I guess your right about header, just I saw most of his headers as being fairly poor. Furthermore you could be right about attack but Davis has been the one moving forward more frequently than Mullins, and showing a great level of attacking intelligence when he does.
Pompey Fan

Postby Pompey Fan » 2009 Jun 12, 21:14

Cheers pal. :)
Portsmouth Football Club
Vandeach

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Jun 13, 09:47

How does it look now with the changed att/def ratio and the raised header?
Tom

Postby Tom » 2009 Jun 13, 10:20

Vandeach wrote:How does it look now with the changed att/def ratio and the raised header?

Exactly how I'd have it ;)
jmg721

Postby jmg721 » 2010 Mar 24, 19:17

Why is he not playing for the worst team in the EPL?
"The Recoba Effect"

Return to “Retired Players”