Postby Tellmo » 2013 Jan 17, 10:17

is not worthy of S05 - Speed Merchant
KEEP CALM and HURRAY BENFICA!
FernandoA13

Re: João Pedro

Postby FernandoA13 » 2013 Jan 17, 15:30

Tellmo wrote:is not worthy of S05 - Speed Merchant

Your right. Ill update soon.
Sporting Clube de Portugal meu amor / Working on new sets and updating Liga Sagres
estrabiku

Postby estrabiku » 2013 Oct 07, 00:00

move to belenenses. number 27
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2015 Jun 22, 18:16

http://www.apollon.com.cy/gr/news-detai ... erra-cunha

To _cyp Apollon Limassol on loan with an option to buy.
petreleo

Re: João Pedro, Apollon Limassol

Postby petreleo » 2015 Nov 21, 10:19

Joao Pedro has definitely been one of the stand-out players at Apollon Limassol this season. Probably their best summer signing, alongside with Center-Back, Freire, proving that he is a very dangerous, quick and skillful winger.
Having said that, I would have to admit that he hasn't performed quite at the levels the other Apollon's starting winger, Fotis Papoulis, is used to, and the team tends to struggle in the attack when Papoulis doesn't play, despite Pedro's presence.

Haven't watched that many full Apollon's matches this season, but his set seems fine to me, to a large extent. His short and long passes are definitely better than this, and the Mazing Run card seems to fit his style pretty well:

ADD- AMF Position as Secondary-Position

Short Pass Accuracy: 74 (+4)
Short Pass Speed: 73 (+2)
Long Pass Accuracy: 77 (+2)
Long Pass Speed: 76 (+2)

ADD: Mazing Run Card

Photo:
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2016 Feb 16, 18:40

petreleo wrote:Joao Pedro has definitely been one of the stand-out players at Apollon Limassol this season. Probably their best summer signing, alongside with Center-Back, Freire, proving that he is a very dangerous, quick and skillful winger.
Having said that, I would have to admit that he hasn't performed quite at the levels the other Apollon's starting winger, Fotis Papoulis, is used to, and the team tends to struggle in the attack when Papoulis doesn't play, despite Pedro's presence.

Haven't watched that many full Apollon's matches this season, but his set seems fine to me, to a large extent. His short and long passes are definitely better than this, and the Mazing Run card seems to fit his style pretty well:

ADD- AMF Position as Secondary-Position

Short Pass Accuracy: 74 (+4)
Short Pass Speed: 73 (+2)
Long Pass Accuracy: 77 (+2)
Long Pass Speed: 76 (+2)

ADD: Mazing Run Card

Photo:

If you exclude the Europa League qualifiers last Summer, Joao Pedro has surprisingly played mostly as a Right-Back, until today for Apollon Limassol.
He is a bit like Adelino Vieirinha of Wolfsburg... Both of them used to be really exciting and tricky Winger, but now they are doing a great job as Full-Backs.
Like Vieirinha, Joao Pedro makes perfect use of his attacking abilities in the position of Full-Back, making very frequent forward runs, and making dangerous crosses into the box.

Make- SMF Position his Primary-Position:
Could have gone with SB position as his Primary-Position because of the above, but for now, I would go instead for the SMF position as his Primary-Position.

Height: 177 cm (+2)
Explosive Power: 78 (-6)
Body Balance: 76 (+1)
He generally seems taller(in some sites he is registered at 177 cm, but in some others at 175 cm), a bit stronger, but much less agile than what he is currently given.

Defence Awareness: 2 (+1)
ADD- Offensive Side-Back Card
This would fit him well in his new position, the one of the Full-Back.
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2017 Nov 16, 01:50

petreleo wrote:If you exclude the Europa League qualifiers last Summer, Joao Pedro has surprisingly played mostly as a Right-Back, until today for Apollon Limassol.
He is a bit like Adelino Vieirinha of Wolfsburg... Both of them used to be really exciting and tricky Winger, but now they are doing a great job as Full-Backs.
Like Vieirinha, Joao Pedro makes perfect use of his attacking abilities in the position of Full-Back, making very frequent forward runs, and making dangerous crosses into the box.

Make- SMF Position his Primary-Position:
Could have gone with SB position as his Primary-Position because of the above, but for now, I would go instead for the SMF position as his Primary-Position.

Height: 177 cm (+2)
Explosive Power: 78 (-6)
Body Balance: 76 (+1)
He generally seems taller(in some sites he is registered at 177 cm, but in some others at 175 cm), a bit stronger, but much less agile than what he is currently given.

Defence Awareness: 2 (+1)
ADD- Offensive Side-Back Card
This would fit him well in his new position, the one of the RB.

He had been primarily a RB for almost the last couple of years, and mainly a pretty good one.
This Season he had been Apollon's first-choice RB, and defensively, he had been relatively solid for an attacking-minded Full-Back that he is, and like most of their defensive players, he is a combative player, who is not afraid of physical challenges.
Maybe at the age of almost 32, he is not as quick or able at dribbling as he once was, but still for a Full-Back he does a great job in these departments, in addition to one of his biggest assets, his crossing and deliveries in general, having good swerve, power, and precision on them.
One thing that I want to talk about, is the fact that he hadn't played at AMF for years now, and he had been mainly a RB or RMF-RWF. In the 2nd-half of Last Season, in the absence of Bedoya and because of the fact that Hambos Kyriakou(a DMF) had to provide cover at times at CB, as a result João Pedro he had played a number of times at CMF/DMF alongside a DMF like Sachetti in a 4-2-3-1 formation.
He did a fine job when asked to play at CMF/DMF, as a combative player that he is, as I've said above, but while I am still unsure about adding him the DMF position, I can see a logic in removing AMF as a Secondary-Position, because he hadn't play there for years, and he is more of a defensive-minded Midfielder in recent times, when asked to play in Midfield.

Suggested Changes:
Spoiler: show
Attack: 73 (-1)
Defence: 58 (+8)
Balance: 75 (-1)
Top Speed: 81 (-1)
Acceleration: 81 (-1)
Dribble Accuracy: 79 (-1)
Short Pass Speed: 75 (+1)
Long Pass Accuracy: 78 (+1)
Long Pass Speed: 80 (+1)
Shot Power: 80 (+1)