PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Martin Škrtel

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 17:42

fishdalf
Valued Contributor

Re: Martin Å KRTEL

Postby fishdalf » 2008 Dec 26, 18:54

I'd personally lower his shot power to 83. Yes he has power behind his shots, but not as much as his current value suggests.

At the moment he has as hard a shot as Berbatov (although needs raising), Adebayor and Torres.
jackh
PSD Youth League

Postby jackh » 2008 Dec 28, 00:57

I don't see anything wrong with that.

Riera is 83, Lucas 81, with Pennant and Benayoun high-70's. 83 looks good for Martin Skrtel.
S-J23

Postby S-J23 » 2008 Dec 28, 08:58

I agree with lower shot power and I wanna say I am seriously considering a stop of making fun of Martin.. honestly, since his arrival to 'pool he improved so much.. and he is indeed a defender worth of being in a great club.. church.. sorry for this one but..

MARTIN DO TOHO!! UKÁŽ IM KTO JE KRÁĽ!!
kendees
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby kendees » 2008 Dec 28, 10:56

Nrby wrote:Name: Martin Å krtel
PS. He will eat your babies!

I don't understand it, can anyone explain it to me? :mrgreen:
I know that i don't know anything.
Tom
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby Tom » 2008 Dec 28, 12:41

kendees wrote:
Nrby wrote:Name: Martin Å krtel
PS. He will eat your babies!

I don't understand it, can anyone explain it to me? :mrgreen:

Well, I might not be the smartest person, but I think it implies that he will eat your babies ;)

It's just a joke due to his big demeanour, his physical nature and the look of menace in his eyes :)
fishdalf
Valued Contributor

Postby fishdalf » 2009 Jan 20, 23:07

Shot power could be lowered a little to better reflect the ladder. He doesn't have a a harder shot than most quality centre backs, and there needs to be some consistency in their values.
Erevos
Former Lurker

Postby Erevos » 2009 Mar 04, 14:53

he is 24yo.
Robev
New Stat Maker

Postby Robev » 2009 Mar 19, 11:04

I think his defence could be raised to at least 84 as I believe he is on the same level as Nelsen and Yobo who both sit on 84.

Also I would suggest raising his team work as he plays well with Carragher or Hyppia and the Liverpool defence rarely seems to miss a beat.
Alcohomicide
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby Alcohomicide » 2009 Mar 19, 16:02

Well, to the certain people who thought Phil Jagielka was better than Skrtel, shame on you.
I just knew when he was back from his injury he would continue to put in class performances against the CREAM of Europe. (As opposed to an awful out of sorts Liverpool side) Skrtel is only going to get better, and now he's fit, and Liverpool are doing well, more people will see that he's not just a poor mans Vidic, and actually a fantastic defender in his own right.

I do, however, think it's better to wait till the end of the season with Skrtel, so as a proper update can be done. That way no one will come to stupid conclusions, i.e. "He's better than Vidic" (Which we all know he isn't) and bring up Uefa Cup games from a century ago to prove it.
"When we were winning leagues and European Cups at Real I always said Makelele was our most important player. There is no way myself Figo or Raúl would have been able to do what we did without Claude and the same goes for Liverpool and Gerrard."
GavidTreveguet
New Stat Maker

Postby GavidTreveguet » 2009 Apr 08, 03:39

He was absolutely diabolical for Slovakia against England :lol:
Dolfar
New Stat Maker

Postby Dolfar » 2009 Apr 09, 13:29

Alcohomicide wrote:Well, to the certain people who thought Phil Jagielka was better than Skrtel, shame on you.

I feel no shame, Jagielka is a better footballer and more skilled at defending but Skrtel has a bigger frame and is alot stronger, he uses his strength well but I still think he gets away with too much, he often doesn't play the ball and just shoulder barges players out of the way.
lfc 4 eva
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby lfc 4 eva » 2009 Apr 09, 14:18

Skrtel still has a lot to learn but he certainly has all the attributes to enable him to become a world class centre back.
Strength in abundance
A fair bit of pace
Decent in the air (although he needs to anticipate and attack the ball more)
Positioning (again he needs to improve his anticipation at times he ball watches)
Good in the challenge (need to learn when to dive in and when to stand his ground)

Overall a potentially excellent player but needs the mental strength that will only come from experience and good coaching.

The way I see this being applied to his attributes is a higher defence but a lower response.
GavidTreveguet
New Stat Maker

Postby GavidTreveguet » 2009 Apr 09, 17:17

Dolfar wrote:
Alcohomicide wrote:Well, to the certain people who thought Phil Jagielka was better than Skrtel, shame on you.

I feel no shame, Jagielka is a better footballer and more skilled at defending but Skrtel has a bigger frame and is alot stronger, he uses his strength well but I still think he gets away with too much, he often doesn't play the ball and just shoulder barges players out of the way.

I agree completely. Jagielka is definitely the better defender of the two though in terms of positioning and anticipation.
BECKS23LA

Postby BECKS23LA » 2009 Apr 09, 17:19

GavidTreveguet wrote:
Dolfar wrote:

I agree completely. Jagielka is definitely the better defender of the two though in terms of positioning and anticipation.

Agree!
By the way, Res could go down to 79
lfc 4 eva
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby lfc 4 eva » 2009 Apr 09, 18:01

79 is very harsh. Just because hes had a few bad games doesn't mean we should disregard some fantastic defensive displays hes put in.

People need to stop calling for his head when he makes a mistake or has a bad game. I'm sure when Mascherano is back in the team the defence will be a lot more secure.
BECKS23LA

Postby BECKS23LA » 2009 Apr 09, 18:18

Well 84 is too much too
lfc 4 eva
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby lfc 4 eva » 2009 Apr 09, 18:28

BECKS23LA wrote:Well 84 is too much too

Yes it is.
Personally I say we swap defence and response
BECKS23LA