Arsenal FC - Formation & Tactics

Moderators: BigStu, Jez, Phil, Welbeck19, Brahms, Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database

Arsenal FC - Formation & Tactics

Postby PES Stats Database » 2009 Aug 11, 17:39

TO UPDATE

Last edited by kendees on 2009 Dec 22, 12:38, edited 1 time in total.
Yowza

Re: Arsenal FC - Formations & Tactics

Postby Yowza » 2009 Aug 15, 18:52

Today they played 4-3-3, very well done with 6 goals against Everton. Almunia - Sagna, Gallas, Vermaelen, Clichy - Song, Cesc, Denílson - Bendtner, Arshavin, van Persie
kendees

Postby kendees » 2009 Aug 15, 22:59

Yeah I registered it, it works really perfectly, if Wenger will use it regularly, I will make a formation for it! :) Arsenal jus showed their amazing attacking strength and I hope they will use it as much as possible!
I know that i don't know anything.
lunboy814

Postby lunboy814 » 2009 Aug 17, 06:16

Can anyone explain the arrows of Song?
goiko25

Postby goiko25 » 2009 Aug 19, 11:22

Do you think Wenger will continue using the 4-3-3 formation? Last night they played 3 strikers again...
dobiqwolf

Postby dobiqwolf » 2009 Aug 19, 12:12

goiko25 wrote:Do you think Wenger will continue using the 4-3-3 formation? Last night they played 3 strikers again...

check this link

http://arsenalcolumn.wordpress.com/2009 ... ew-season/

he may keep it and tweak it, he have yet to found a good partner for fabregas in midfield, Song looked kind of ridiculous at time.
goiko25

Postby goiko25 » 2009 Aug 19, 12:29

I think Song will continue in the starting XI... He plays as DM leaving Denilson and Fabregas as CMF, being the captain the playmaker... I thing when more creativity needed (or less defensive players), Denilson would be the DM and Fabregas the CMF with Ramsey, Nasri, Wilshere...

All in all, Wenger showed infinite reliance on Song, we will see the Cameroonian starting many times this year...
dobiqwolf

Postby dobiqwolf » 2009 Aug 19, 12:58

goiko25 wrote:I think Song will continue in the starting XI... He plays as DM leaving Denilson and Fabregas as CMF, being the captain the playmaker... I thing when more creativity needed (or less defensive players), Denilson would be the DM and Fabregas the CMF with Ramsey, Nasri, Wilshere...

All in all, Wenger showed infinite reliance on Song, we will see the Cameroonian starting many times this year...

Song isnt a bad player (DM), last night he had good moments but some of his decisions making were appaling, passing and tackling were inconsistant and he looked like the weakest link in midfield, when Denilson had to cover Song he was doing it better. I agree with you that Song will be starting many many matches and he will progress.
goiko25

Postby goiko25 » 2009 Aug 19, 13:00

This year Wenger will shut up many mouths... The players on whom he relies must show what they're worth, such us Song, Denilson and Bendtner... I think the Big Dane will also shine...
deity86

Postby deity86 » 2009 Aug 19, 16:37

dobiqwolf wrote:
goiko25 wrote:I think Song will continue in the starting XI... He plays as DM leaving Denilson and Fabregas as CMF, being the captain the playmaker... I thing when more creativity needed (or less defensive players), Denilson would be the DM and Fabregas the CMF with Ramsey, Nasri, Wilshere...

Song isnt a bad player (DM), last night he had good moments but some of his decisions making were appaling, passing and tackling were inconsistant and he looked like the weakest link in midfield, when Denilson had to cover Song he was doing it better. I agree with you that Song will be starting many many matches and he will progress.
Were we watching the same match? I thought Song was actually one of our best players on the night, constantly breaking up the play with interceptions, timely tackles (and some more cynical ;)) and his energy was fantastic as was that of all the team. I agree his passing was inconsistent at times but I think some of it was down to the constant pressure the Celtic players were putting on our players which left very few easy passing options. He's improving in both aspects of his game (attacking and defending) as well as showing more confidence in his passing like we saw when he was on loan at Charlton. I personally don't feel worried anymore when he's in the team :D
Alf Ramsey: "I'll be watching you for the first 45 minutes and if you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime."
Rodney Marsh: "Crikey Alf, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea."
sidthekid

Postby sidthekid » 2009 Aug 26, 18:37

hi i am new here but i have been playing pes 09 for a long time
n i use this side to get my formation right
but can we please have the 4-3-3 formation
n the current formation rvp n cesc dont fit in as in real life

1.rvp ends up in a scoring position way to often-its like ur playing with ruud rather than rvp,the current rvp role is to linger around the box n hold the ball look for a player n pass or do his trademark turn around and shoot-there is a reason he was leading the assist chart last year n already has 3 assist of 2 epl games

2.i dont know how these arrow works but cesc shud be a dmf with a high arrow,in arsenal first two game he goes forward only when the whole team is already up there or during counter,rest of the time he is just playing -lets cover every blade of grass- in the midfield with song,i think the new formation would be

arsha-rvp-bendtner(eduardo)
----denilson(diaby)
--cesc---song
clichy(gibbs)-gallas-vermaelen-sagna(eboue)
---almunia

alternative when cesc is not playing

the mid changes to

----ramsey
--denilson--song
with diaby a high possibilty to replace any of the following

i think the 4-3-3 is here to stay wenge rused it thru-out preseason n in the epl n cl too-lets see if he continue vs united
Yowza

Postby Yowza » 2009 Aug 27, 17:05

Best starting XI by me:

---------------Almunia--------------
-Sagna---Gallas----Vermaelen--Clichy
---------------Song-----------------
--------Fábregas-----Rosický--------
-Walcott------------------Arshavin--
-------------van Persie--------------

Goalkeeper
Almunia
Fabiański, Mannone, Szczesny

Right fullback
Sagna
Eboué

Centre backs
Gallas, Vermaelen
Djourou, Senderos, Silvestre

Left fullback
Clichy
Gibbs, Traoré, Silvestre

Defensive midfielder
Song

Central midfielders
Fábregas, Rosický
Nasri, Diaby, Denílson, Ramsey, Merida

Wingers
Walcott, Arshavin
Bendtner, Eboué, Traoré, Rosický, Eduardo, van Persie

Striker
van Persie
Eduardo, Bendtner

They don't have second capable DM in the squad. I hope they will buy any till the end of the transfer window. Or Djourou should be there? Silvestre could be there (if we had a very very bad luck for injuries) as a CB or LB.
bang2dis

Postby bang2dis » 2009 Aug 28, 08:11

WTF?Wenger uses Denilson as DM since last season and he's more than capable.
Yowza

Postby Yowza » 2009 Aug 28, 14:07

Denílson IS NOT a DM. He isn't very capable here, his positioning lacks. Song is unfortunately the only person, who can play there, but maybe Djourou should too.
maciek

Postby maciek » 2009 Sep 02, 08:02

vs. everton, portmouth and man. utd they play 4-3-3, i think it could be something like this:
almunia (gk) - clichy (lb), gallas (cb), vermaelen (cb), sagna (rb) - denilson (cm), song (dm), fabregas (c) (cm) - eduardo/bendtner (lw) - van persie (cf) - arshavin (rw)
Ace

Postby Ace » 2009 Sep 13, 10:30

it seems Wenger will continue with 4-3-3, please can someone make that formation with Formation Tool?
non1ck

Postby non1ck » 2009 Sep 14, 11:14

Something like this? :)

FORMATION:
GK: 1. Manuel ALMUNIA

RB: 3. Bacary SAGNA
RCB: 10. William GALLAS
LCB: 5. Thomas VERMAELEN
LB: 22. Gael CLICHY

DMF: 17. Alexandre SONG
CMF: 15. DENILSON
AMF: 4. Cesc FABREGAS ©

SS: 23. Andrei ARSHAVIN
WF: 52. Nicklas BENDTNER
CF: 11. Robin VAN PERSIE

Short Free Kick: Robin VAN PERSIE, Cesc FABREGAS
Long Free Kick: Cesc FABREGAS, Robin VAN PERSIE, Andrei ARSHAVIN
Free Kick 2: Cesc FABREGAS, Andrei ARSHAVIN
Left Corner: Andrei ARSHAVIN, Cesc FABREGAS
Right Corner: Robin VAN PERSIE, Cesc FABREGAS
Penalty Kick: Robin VAN PERSIE
Players To Go Up: William GALLAS, Thomas VERMAELEN
Vranny

Postby Vranny » 2009 Sep 14, 12:08

I have to admit, I've watched a few Arsenal games this season and have still been confused about how they line up. Obviously they've been playing a 4-3-3 formation but the midfield 3 seem to have free roles so its hard to pin point their roles.

On the above formation IMO Arshavin has been playing as more of a WF and Bendtner as a SS. I would also remove the arrow pointing outward for Bendtner. I also would definately remove the foward arrow from van Persie as well as moving him further back as he doesn't play a hughly advanced role and looks to get more involved with link up play.

As I talked about above I really can't comment on the midfield, although it looks pretty close to how they've been playing.
Everton F.C.
non1ck

Postby non1ck » 2009 Sep 14, 12:22

I saw all arsenal games this season, because i'm their fan :)
About Bendtner-he always played on line (i dont know why, IMO-he is CF). He runned to the corner flag, or he was in the box, when sagna(or somebody else) do long pass from side.
Vranny

Postby Vranny » 2009 Sep 14, 13:35

I just remember in the Everton v Arsenal game that Bendtner would often drift centrally to almost turn the formation into a weird 4-4-2. This was mainly to provide Arsenal with more of an aerial target in the box and to knock balls down to van Persie.
Everton F.C.

Return to “Arsenal FC”