Moderators: Basilio, Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Agustín Farías, Palestino

Postby PES Stats Database » 2017 Dec 08, 10:22

Spoiler: show
MOTION STYLE:

An aggressive, ball-winning, tough-tackling and hard-working Defensive-Midfielder by trade, who spent the majority of his career in the low divisions of Argentinian football, before an unimpressive spell at Banfield. Then a highly successful spell of two and a half years at Chilean club Palestino followed, where he became an indispensable member of their team, as well as their skipper.
Farias signed for APOEL Nicosia in June 2017 on a season-long loan with an option to buy, to provide cover for the Defensive-Midfielder's position, and since then he featured sporadically for them in official matches, playing in a number of positions, including Center-Back and even Right-Back, in addition to his primary position of Defensive-Midfield. Even though he is relatively fast, sharp and physically fit for a Defensive-Midfielder, his lack of creativity and unimpressive technique would make it difficult for him to play a bigger role at APOEL than the one he currently occupies, as a squad-rotational player.

petreleo
PSD Elite

Re: Agustín Farías

Postby petreleo » 2018 Jan 10, 23:20

I don't think that he is a bad player at all, but one of his biggest weaknesses is that he can only be useful for just one playing-style, and this is the one of the "midfield-destroyer".
As a Defensive-Midfielder, he is really aggressive, solid at defending, especially at tackling, but maybe a bit reckless at times. Furthermore, for that position he has relatively good fitness; stamina, speed, sharpness, balance, strength, as well as aerial ability.
However, the one area in which he is definitely lacking ability, is his technical abilities, and that's why I have said above that he is only useful as a "midfield-destroyer". His technical ability is just average for a Defensive-Midfielder; cannot really dribble and his passes are pretty basic in their accuracy.
But what's even worse than this, is the fact that for a player of limited technical abilities, sometimes he is maybe a bit too adventurous in relation to his abilities and losses ball-possession for his team. For example, trying to take players on and start dribbling forward from midfield, while his dribbling is not good, or trying some difficult passes, which are usually misplaced.
If only he had been a bit more restricted in his playing-style, trying less fancy stuff, keeping his play a bit more simple, not loosing possession too often, he would have been a much more useful player. Not that currently he is bad player, but at least he would have been something more useful than just a pure "midfield-destroyer", but more of an important all-action defensively, ball-winning midfielder like Sachetti is for Apollon Limassol, providing protection in-front of the Center-Backs, and covering all this area around there. In other words, he would have been doing less stuff, only those that he is good at.
Personally, I don't think that his playing-style suits a big team like APOEL, which normally has the majority of ball possession, at least domestically. From what I have read, he had been great in previous years for Palestino, but at APOEL he was signed as a back-up player, maybe even unneeded back-up player, and hasn't been given many chances until today, and there are even rumours that his loan might be cut-short this January and return to Palestino.
Despite being a Defensive-Midfielder by trade, in Pre-Season friendlies he played mainly as a cover for Defence(Center-Back and Right-Back), where there were a few injuries back then, even in some official matches, but mainly as a Defensive-Midfielder in official matches.
Firstly, he played as a starter in the Super-Cup, then as a substitute in some Champions-League qualifiers and even group-stages matches, and a couple of times as a starter in the League(mainly in September). Since September, he featured only sporadically as a substitute in the League, and in today's 0-2 win Vs Ermis Aradippou in the Cup he made his first starting-appearance in a while. Actually he wasn't that bad at all today, but he got substituted in the 2nd-half, and as I have said there are rumours that he is leaving.
VUKDS
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby VUKDS » 2018 Feb 04, 00:57

Shouldn't he has a much higher Response if he is an aggressive enforcer?
petreleo
PSD Elite

Postby petreleo » 2018 Feb 04, 01:06

VUKDS wrote:Shouldn't he has a much higher Response if he is an aggressive enforcer?

I don't think so at the moment.
He isn't as clever or as pro-active as he could. He is a decent destroyer, he gets goes into tackles, but I don't think that he read the game that well.
He didn't get much game-time at APOEL until today, anyway. He even came close to leave in January, but stayed. Maybe if he plays more until the end of the Season when his loan expires, he will become better.
VUKDS
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby VUKDS » 2018 Feb 04, 01:35

I understand your point but 74 is still too low for a classical Enforcer, in my opinion. I am talking about in-game affect. :)
petreleo
PSD Elite

Postby petreleo » 2018 Feb 04, 01:44

VUKDS wrote:I understand your point but 74 is still too low for a classical Enforcer, in my opinion. I am talking about in-game affect. :)

I am not sure, but I don't want to overrating him for something that I am not sure. If it would fit the ladders better, however, then maybe yes.
petreleo
PSD Elite

Postby petreleo » 2018 May 25, 18:48

https://twitter.com/apoelfcofficial/sta ... 8805779456

His loan has officially ended.
Please move him back to _chi CD Palestino.

Photo:

Return to “CONMEBOL”