Vedran Ćorluka


Moderators: Helios, Mod's

Forum rules
User avatar
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone
Posts: 20662
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 12:06
Been thanked: 574 times

Vedran Ćorluka

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 13:02


Last edited by CrO_WoNdEr on 2009 Jun 04, 15:01, edited 2 times in total.
BiG TeL
Seasoned Stat Maker
Posts: 595
Joined: 2009 Jan 31, 22:11
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Vedran ĆORLUKA

Postby BiG TeL » 2009 Aug 15, 02:00

I wouldn't disagree with making SB his registered position... In fact, he always plays there with Croatia and practically always with Tottenham...
BigStu
PSD Guru
Posts: 8022
Joined: 2009 May 28, 16:43
Location: England
Has thanked: 210 times
Been thanked: 261 times

Re: Vedran ĆORLUKA

Postby BigStu » 2009 Aug 15, 07:16

its ironic but almost everyone was suggesting Silvestre be made a SB when he is a CB but no-ones mentioned making Corluka a SB when he is one :)
CrO_WoNdEr
Regular Poster
Posts: 411
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 12:34
Location: Vienna, Austria

Re: Vedran ĆORLUKA

Postby CrO_WoNdEr » 2009 Aug 15, 13:31

it's true that he's mostly playin as a SB so I wouldn't be against it to make it his registered position, but he's a origin CB( he played it in his Dinamo Zagreb + youth time)
and even against Belarus _blr he played very well as a CB after Krizanac got injured
but i think that some people will have problems if we change reg pos. to SB because of his high Defence
for me it wouldn't be a problem...
Image
Image
chanman
Regular Poster
Posts: 444
Joined: 2009 Feb 22, 19:21
Location: Haarlem, The Netherlands

Re: Vedran ĆORLUKA

Postby chanman » 2009 Aug 16, 19:34

Would his defence have to come down if he is registered a SB, I think it could come down to a 77 if that happens
jmg721
PSD Guru
Posts: 5001
Joined: 2008 Dec 08, 23:47
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Vedran ĆORLUKA

Postby jmg721 » 2009 Aug 17, 03:42

chanman wrote:Would his defence have to come down if he is registered a SB, I think it could come down to a 77 if that happens

Yes, I probably would think so. Its unlikely that as a SB he is one of the best defensively at the position already. But maybe he is. I'd support wherever he fits on the ladders at SB. Which could likely be 77
"The Recoba Effect"
Playboy
New Stat Maker
Posts: 209
Joined: 2008 Dec 25, 11:50

Re: Vedran ĆORLUKA

Postby Playboy » 2009 Aug 17, 07:35

chanman wrote:Would his defence have to come down if he is registered a SB, I think it could come down to a 77 if that happens



I really don't think so.

his defense should minimally be on 80 even as a SB.
Watch the games lads , he's like a centre back far on the right side of the pitch..he controls his area like a real CB,. only problems came when he is outpaced.

And I don't know who proposed lowering of his BB? 84 ?? give me a break,..
it needs immediate raise by 3-4 points.
jmg721
PSD Guru
Posts: 5001
Joined: 2008 Dec 08, 23:47
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Vedran ĆORLUKA

Postby jmg721 » 2009 Aug 17, 08:34

Playboy wrote:
chanman wrote:Would his defence have to come down if he is registered a SB, I think it could come down to a 77 if that happens



I really don't think so.

his defense should minimally be on 80 even as a SB.
Watch the games lads , he's like a centre back far on the right side of the pitch..he controls his area like a real CB,. only problems came when he is outpaced.

And I don't know who proposed lowering of his BB? 84 ?? give me a break,..
it needs immediate raise by 3-4 points.

88? Look at his size Height 193 Weight 85
And you say he gets outpaced. With 82 TS it shouldn't happen too often :P

It's not that he isn't fantastic defensively...because I think he is. But if he were a Registered SB with an 80 Def, it would be the highest in the entire EPL. Maybe it is so....but should be discussed and compared with:
79: Wes BROWN

78: Wilfred BOUMA, Luke YOUNG, Mario MELCHIOT

77: Tony HIBBERT, John O'SHEA

76: Bacary SAGNA, Paulo FERREIRA, Gary NEVILLE, Hermann HREIDARSSON
This is assuming we even change his registered position. and if we don't...his Agg needs to get looked at ;)
"The Recoba Effect"
Playboy
New Stat Maker
Posts: 209
Joined: 2008 Dec 25, 11:50

Re: Vedran ĆORLUKA

Postby Playboy » 2009 Aug 17, 10:27

jmg721 wrote:
Playboy wrote:
chanman wrote:Would his defence have to come down if he is registered a SB, I think it could come down to a 77 if that happens



I really don't think so.

his defense should minimally be on 80 even as a SB.
Watch the games lads , he's like a centre back far on the right side of the pitch..he controls his area like a real CB,. only problems came when he is outpaced.

And I don't know who proposed lowering of his BB? 84 ?? give me a break,..
it needs immediate raise by 3-4 points.

88? Look at his size Height 193 Weight 85
And you say he gets outpaced. With 82 TS it shouldn't happen too often :P

It's not that he isn't fantastic defensively...because I think he is. But if he were a Registered SB with an 80 Def, it would be the highest in the entire EPL. Maybe it is so....but should be discussed and compared with:
79: Wes BROWN

78: Wilfred BOUMA, Luke YOUNG, Mario MELCHIOT

77: Tony HIBBERT, John O'SHEA

76: Bacary SAGNA, Paulo FERREIRA, Gary NEVILLE, Hermann HREIDARSSON
This is assuming we even change his registered position. and if we don't...his Agg needs to get looked at ;)


Well, not necessary 88 BB, but 86 would be better. I don't believe too much in this assumption that great height and weight make players much stronger in BB.
jmg721
PSD Guru
Posts: 5001
Joined: 2008 Dec 08, 23:47
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Vedran ĆORLUKA

Postby jmg721 » 2009 Aug 17, 10:57

Playboy wrote:Well, not necessary 88 BB, but 86 would be better. I don't believe too much in this assumption that great height and weight make players much stronger in BB.
You have to believe it, because it is true :ugeek: Height and weight has a major effect on BB. Try using a player like Giovinco, and then Crouch.
"The Recoba Effect"
Playboy
New Stat Maker
Posts: 209
Joined: 2008 Dec 25, 11:50

Re: Vedran ĆORLUKA

Postby Playboy » 2009 Aug 17, 11:49

jmg721 wrote:
Playboy wrote:Well, not necessary 88 BB, but 86 would be better. I don't believe too much in this assumption that great height and weight make players much stronger in BB.
You have to believe it, because it is true :ugeek: Height and weight has a major effect on BB. Try using a player like Giovinco, and then Crouch.



:) I recall playing with them Giovinco - fragile but agile :P
Crouch - he's big but got crushed like an insect :) is good only at heading balls occasionally to others.

To me the most strongest players appear those who have enough pace and strong body, players like Rooney, Tevez.
jmg721
PSD Guru
Posts: 5001
Joined: 2008 Dec 08, 23:47
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Vedran ĆORLUKA

Postby jmg721 » 2009 Aug 17, 11:52

I don't think we understand eachother here :?
"The Recoba Effect"
Playboy
New Stat Maker
Posts: 209
Joined: 2008 Dec 25, 11:50

Re: Vedran ĆORLUKA

Postby Playboy » 2009 Aug 17, 12:00

jmg721 wrote:I don't think we understand eachother here :?


you wanted me to try crouch and giovinco.. cause they probably have the same BB ?

From what I can recall they both seems fragile, so Peter's great,great,great height did not help him too much, ( feels maybe 3-4 points stronger in BB than Giovinco)
But ok, maybe I did not place too much attention on that.
CrO_WoNdEr
Regular Poster
Posts: 411
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 12:34
Location: Vienna, Austria

Re: Vedran ĆORLUKA

Postby CrO_WoNdEr » 2009 Aug 17, 18:49

okay on this one jmg is right with 193/85 and bb 84 he won't get outpaced that easy, so the current value is in my opinion right
and for that def lowering thingy i know that he would be the best sb then but you can really see it in his games he has a great control of his position as is always in good position to stop attacks over his side
I hope the new system they're using in PES 10 will change things on here because if you use a player on a wrong position or not on his best position it'll be lowered
Image
Image
Looke
New Stat Maker
Posts: 112
Joined: 2009 Jan 06, 09:50
Location: Poland

Re: Vedran ĆORLUKA

Postby Looke » 2009 Sep 10, 10:57

His Defence definitely should be lowered, he struggles a lot while playing as CB and doesn't deserve 80. Three points lower would probably do ok.

And his main position is a right back, I have no idea why CB is his preferred position on that page :?
"Because in a split second, it's gone" - Ayrton Senna
Vandeach
PSD Loyalty Program Member
Posts: 2946
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 18:21
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Vedran ĆORLUKA

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Sep 16, 17:24

Neither do I, changed it. I also wouldn't lower his defence, Looke, yes at times he can struggle at centre-back but surely that is reflected with the current value? As a *SB he shows a very good level of defensive intelligence, and can mark his player very well, hell, he could even be a point or two higher in this area, especially considering the values Gooner has given to Ramos and Wes Brown's current value.
"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
Looke
New Stat Maker
Posts: 112
Joined: 2009 Jan 06, 09:50
Location: Poland

Re: Vedran ĆORLUKA

Postby Looke » 2009 Sep 18, 12:22

I said that based on comparison with Bassong, their Defence value is equal but it's clear that Bassong is better in positioning than Corluka.
"Because in a split second, it's gone" - Ayrton Senna
chanman
Regular Poster
Posts: 444
Joined: 2009 Feb 22, 19:21
Location: Haarlem, The Netherlands

Re: Vedran ĆORLUKA

Postby chanman » 2009 Sep 18, 12:40

I don't agree with that 80 value on defence. Not because he would be the highest rated SB in that position but because he doesn't deserve it. He positional sense is average and even when he was rated at CB he didn't deserve to be the same value as Bassong. He defends well at the RB position but it really has to be accommodated to ladders also. I think he could have a value of 78 with his Response going up by 1 point.
Vandeach
PSD Loyalty Program Member
Posts: 2946
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 18:21
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Vedran ĆORLUKA

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Sep 18, 14:56

But it isn't his timing that makes him great, its his very solid positional sense. Yes, he can look poor at centre-back, but even then an 80 will do just that, Bassong was hardly all that for Newcastle in all honesty, and the fee Redknapp paid for him was very over inflated, even in todays market. His accuracy of tackles is also very good, and he's certainly better in this area than the likes of Wes Brown!
"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
wizzballs
PSD Youth League
Posts: 60
Joined: 2009 Jul 18, 14:26

Re: Vedran ĆORLUKA

Postby wizzballs » 2009 Sep 20, 22:10

chelsea 3 - spurs 0

first goal, let ashley cole get goal side to convert a cross that had traveled 35 yards. (mentality, defensive skill, agility, acceleration all found wanting)

second goal stood doing absolutely nothing on the edge of the six yard box, let two chelsea players play past him and score from a yard. extraordinary example of ballwatching and failing to even attempt to deal with a messy situation.

third goal, in a head to head race, drogba opened up a three yard gap on him in the space of ten yards. his recovery challenge gave drogba a simple tap in. (complete lack of acceleration ruthlessly exposed)

sadly quite typical of how it goes wrong on occasions for this extremely classy player. when he is playing well, he makes it look easy to bully his opponent. when it gets messy, he just doesn't deal with it properly. he doesn't really 'get' last ditch defending. you probably don't want him as last man back. he is best when the pace of the game is slow, and he is facing a right footed player looking to move inside him (a la rosicky or joe cole). a quick, agile lefty, or a pacy strong CF can get goalside in a flash.

friendly suggestions for yr consideration:
Defence: 78 (-2)
Balance: 86 (+2)
Stamina: 84 (+2. never seen him tire significantly)
Top Speed: 81 (-1)
Acceleration: 77 (-3)
Response: 78 (-3)
Agility: 79 (-1)
Dribble Speed: 83 (+5) (he has the ability to dribble effortlessly, but likes to slow down to pick the pass)
Mentality: 75 (-3)

I'd also have his technique up one, in about 40 games, I've yet to see him fail to trap the ball cleanly.
Nrby
PSD Loyalty Program Member
Posts: 2523
Joined: 2008 Dec 08, 19:51
Location: Reşiţa, România
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 24 times
Contact:

Re: Vedran ĆORLUKA

Postby Nrby » 2009 Oct 03, 15:37



practically no jump just a clean header

Return to “FC Lokomotiv Moskva”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests