Re: Jérôme Boateng

Postby Brahms » 2015 May 07, 04:11

he is stiff even to fall
Bloody Curse!
mr.Boss
PSD Elite

Postby mr.Boss » 2015 May 14, 13:40

He is very good at long passes , i don't know how he has "just" 81 in LPA , for me he should have LPA 83 and LPS 85 and also *Pinpoint Pass . Every time he plays he gives great long passes with both legs . Also for me his HEA can go 2 points up to 82 . I know he isn't great to attack the ball with head , but in terms of defending (just to "remove" a long ball or a cross who comes in our area) he is better than his actual value ;)
PMTP & Mia San Mia
Albo7
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby Albo7 » 2015 May 14, 20:45

Honeslty, you couldn't find any worse time to raise something on his set. I was about to propose lowering his tw to 52.
Image TROLL KING Image

Scaramuso
PSD Guru

Postby Scaramuso » 2015 May 26, 00:36

Spoiler: show
mr.Boss wrote:
Major general Woof wrote:He's been a great and cosistent passer for long time, but recently he's especially comfortable at opening play with long grounded passes through the middle.
But still his biggest specialty is long passing. He's got great range, better than current value for LPS makes him. I'd go for 86-87 in LPS and 84 LPA, plus a big raise in swerve, at least to green zone.

Totally agree , i have said since 2013 that he is a very good long passer and for sure needs an update ;)

Looking the videos he seems to be way better than this at long passing.. is amazing.

Ramindbroken
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ramindbroken » 2015 Aug 10, 23:45

His TW has to be reduced, there's no way he deserves that 74 he has now. 60's for sure, same for Benatia, both have no idea of whey they are standing and have no control of the last line. Boateng could easily go eight-ten points down.
Hayame
PSD Elite

Postby Hayame » 2015 Aug 11, 09:53

HIs TW rating doesn´t make any sense to me. He leads the defence which was and is the best since years in the Buli. The last 4 saisons they got between 18-23 goals against them, Real madrid as example get 38-42 in the last 3 saisons. And that even altough the shot in every game 5 goals. How can a defense work so well if the comunication work as bad as some say here? Also his DEF, RES and MENT are to low.

The full defense plays since years nearly perfect Buli saisons but then they have one bad game in the Champions League and then downgrade suggestions are incoming. After the victory in the CL nobody had much ideas about upgrades expect for Robben and Ribery.

Just to remember Boateng and some others at Bayern won the WC and stay since years as minimum in the half final of the CL. They dominate the world just like Madrid, Barca and Spain.

Also maybe you should think also about what Pep Guardiola is doing at Bayern. Much of the few mistakes which happened in the Bayern Defense are also part of his work. He rotates the players and the system like hell. For me and for a lot of people in Germany Pep is just the wrong coach for Bayern. He completeley changed the system which destroyed Barca, he put the best SB´s on positions were he has enough other great player, because of him the best doctor of german football left the club and so on.

So all in all I really don´t understand what this set here should be. For me it looks in some parts like a set which is based on 5 games and ignore the other 80 games over the last 2 years. My set mainly based on the Buli games looks that way:

Attack: 66
Defence: 88
Header Accuracy: 82
Dribble Accuracy: 76
Short Pass Accuracy: 81
Short Pass Speed: 84
Long Pass Accuracy: 84
Long Pass Speed: 88
Shot Accuracy: 66
Place Kicking: 65
Swerve: 68
Ball Control: 78
Goal Keeping Skills: 50
Weak Foot Accuracy: 7
Weak Foot Frequency: 7
SPEED
Response: 84
Explosive Power: 71
Dribble Speed: 78
Top Speed: 88
PHYSICAL
Body Balance: 90
Stamina: 85
Kicking Power: 84
Jump: 83
Injury Tolerance: B
RESISTANCE
Attack Awareness: 2
Defence Awareness: 3
Form: 6-7
Tenacity: 81
Teamwork: 83

P06 - Pinpoint Pass
S03 - Long Throw

OLD STATS:
Acceleration: 81
Shot Technique: 67
Aggression: 68

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
★ Long Throw

MOTION STYLE:
Dribble Style: 3
Free Kick Style: 1
Penalty Kick Style: 1
Major general Woof
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Major general Woof » 2015 Aug 11, 12:44

Lowering Boa's and Benatia's TW, combined with proper team tactics Bayern should have in game, would make them a bottomless hole. These tactics are too exposing, it's not players' fault for everything.
I wouldn't give him yellow TW, however, but can't agree with lowering a defensive stability of a world class team that scores high on international level to a level of retards.
Ramindbroken
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ramindbroken » 2015 Aug 11, 13:36

Fair enough, maybe i was beign too harsh there. Anyway 83 for TW is just crazy, really, that would make him one of the best CB's actually in positioning and control of the last line, and he isn't. I mean, he would be above Godin, Pique, Koscielny, Mertesacker, and so on. Probably MENT can go up to 81, also agree with higher LPA and specially LPS. About that combination of DEF and RESP, i'm really not sure. That would make him a very, very good tackler. And he is a good tackler, but that's it, i really don't see the need of giving him near orange DEF. About RES, i think he has that low value to recreate how he doesn't go to midfield to recover the ball (like Pepe, for example), and making him more like Varane, a good tackler but more static on the field. Anyway i don't like giving that low values to actually good tacklers, Varane can compensate it with his high DEF, but Boateng can't with 84. Probably we can give him higher RES and 85-86 DEF?
Hayame
PSD Elite

Postby Hayame » 2015 Aug 11, 18:39

In comparison to other Buli CB´s TW 83 fits quiet good. He is still under Subotic, Hummels, Stranzl and Naldo. But 81 would be still in a ok range for me. But he is surely on a level with Klose and Callsen-Bracker. RES around 82-83 is also ok. In DEF we have Benatia, Naldo and Subotic on 87. Which I see on a level with him. 87-88 is a must for me there.
Major general Woof
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Major general Woof » 2015 Aug 11, 23:47

Well, in azielok's simulation of BL season, Bayern ended up second, conceding 49 goals. 3 more than 'Gladbach and Schalke - and 15 more than Dortmund. I feel it's too soon to draw conclusions from mere numbers, but this could lead us to something. It would be easier if all leagues had got simulated, and it would be a new and untried approach, a little tricky too, but in this case it goes in favour of what you said, Hayame. The problem is, BL would be the only one whose standards are lying in the same track with PES simulations.

I needed to take a look at his simulation results cause I was hesitant to choose a side regarding his TW, but after this I lean towards increasment. Not 100%, but I'm not against it. Maybe still high greens rather thsn yellows...
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2015 Aug 21, 00:10

How can a defense work so well if the comunication work as bad as some say here? Also his DEF, RES and MENT are to low.

a defense can work great if you maintain a massive possession throughout the entire season so it is tested far less than other teams... also, having the worlds best keeper behind the net when it finally is contributes massively to the amount of goals conceded

comparison to other Buli CB´s TW 83 fits quiet good.

Therein lies a big problem. Say I start to revive the irish league, and use Paddy Somethingorother as the benchmark for CB TW and assign him 85, then every player I compare him to will have inflated values in comparison with the rest of the database, regardless if it works comparison wise between the rest of the leagues CB's.

Just compare that value to some of the current top CB's in the world. t.silva 76, ramos 72, varane 77, pique 80, godin 80... there are a lot of others however with incorrect higher values, but I'd deem all these pretty accurate, maybe a few points higher for godin/varane. I'd say Boateng isn't any better than any of these, and far below some of them. That 83 TW, makes him basically one of the best in this regard among all the top cb's in the world.

Just to remember Boateng and some others at Bayern won the WC and stay since years as minimum in the half final of the CL. They dominate the world just like Madrid, Barca and Spain.

Although you aren't directly saying it, it's implying because he been in sucessful teams, that he automatically warrants higher stats. By the same merit I could just pick any team thats dominated recently... lets say spain, and likewise imply that because they were massively successful, then their sb's and cf's need to have all round stats to match the success. But those areas were never as consistently solid throughout that era as their godly mid that allowed them to absolutely dominate teams.

I'm not saying Boateng is a bad player, just that we need to look globally to create an accurate set that fits in with the rest of the database.

Well, in azielok's simulation of BL season,

You really don't want to give much credence to what the AI does in pes. I have seen some of the most bizarre things happen, such as real madrid being relegated in 3 seasons.
Hayame
PSD Elite

Postby Hayame » 2015 Aug 21, 10:49

a defense can work great if you maintain a massive possession throughout the entire season so it is tested far less than other teams... also, having the worlds best keeper behind the net when it finally is contributes massively to the amount of goals conceded

If I look back the last Buli saison of Bayern the you surely are right that they had in nearly all games high possession but since Pep changed the system to 3 main defenders instead of a classic 2 CB´s and 2 SB`s, Boateng as the central CB is much more challenged. Even with the high possession there were every game some dangerous situations were they played 3 vs 3 in the defense. There he did a great job at positioning and through his Speed.

About Neuer you are also surely right but in regular Buli games he has to do really great holdings extremely rare. Mostly at standard situations. In the normal game the defense clears nearly everything.

Therein lies a big problem. Say I start to revive the irish league, and use Paddy Somethingorother as the benchmark for CB TW and assign him 85, then every player I compare him to will have inflated values in comparison with the rest of the database, regardless if it works comparison wise between the rest of the leagues CB's.

Just compare that value to some of the current top CB's in the world. t.silva 76, ramos 72, varane 77, pique 80, godin 80... there are a lot of others however with incorrect higher values, but I'd deem all these pretty accurate, maybe a few points higher for godin/varane. I'd say Boateng isn't any better than any of these, and far below some of them. That 83 TW, makes him basically one of the best in this regard among all the top cb's in the world.

I can´t argue anything against it. In comparison to their TW ratings, 83 is much to high.

Although you aren't directly saying it, it's implying because he been in sucessful teams, that he automatically warrants higher stats. By the same merit I could just pick any team thats dominated recently... lets say spain, and likewise imply that because they were massively successful, then their sb's and cf's need to have all round stats to match the success. But those areas were never as consistently solid throughout that era as their godly mid that allowed them to absolutely dominate teams.

Your right, I just wanted to mention with this statement, that Boateng and his improvements over the last years are representative for the sucess of Bayern and Germany. Together with Lahm, Müller, Schweini and Neuer he formed Bayern and Germany as they are now.

All in all I just can say that my set really should just be seen as a set for the comparison in the Buli. So it´s completely right that my set isn´t the actual set here in the Database.
Chenghis.Khan
New Stat Maker

Postby Chenghis.Khan » 2015 Oct 08, 12:38

I believe Boateng should have *Playmaking.

The best example are his two assists to Lewandowski & Müller this past weekend, but this was not the only time. Boateng regularily plays long & hard balls between or over the top of opponents' lines, penetrating their formation and starting Bayern's attack. He plays those passes aerially and along the ground (I have his SPS much higher than PSD). He is kinda Xabi Alonso's deputy for these opening passes, Bayern's second choice only to him i that regard and comparable to Juve's recent Pirlo-Bonucci relationship. you can mark one of them out of the game but if you give the other one space he'll hit those same passes. Bonucci already has *Playmaking, btw.
Taking up the Dortmund example again, I don't think Müller & Lewandowski are making those runs if it's Alaba or Martinez on the ball. Boateng's teammates look to move into space once he gets the ball, which is exactly what *Playmaking does: AI movement/runs when the playmaker is on the ball.
Meis
PSD Youth League

Postby Meis » 2015 Dec 16, 14:17

KeyserSoze

Postby KeyserSoze » 2015 Dec 16, 18:04

He needs Offensive Sideback and lower TW for sure. Maybe even his Aw could set at 3/3, but if done, TW needs to be heavily downgraded as well.

His supportive movements off the ball use to be rather erratic. This is quite more evident when he has to get back with the rest of the D-Line. If he didn't have his TS (and RES, to a lesser extent) he would be an even more wasteful defender. Rating his TW at mid 60s would not be that crazy... And I would also consider that statement for David Luiz.
"Willy Wanda is Chinese!!!"
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2016 Jan 03, 21:15

I agree with some of the above poster that the *Playmaking card/star is deserved for him, for his unique role/personality as defender.
VReznoV
Regular Poster

Postby VReznoV » 2016 Jan 24, 14:34

Injured for 2 months... Damn it...
someone should burn Ballon d'Or trophy
kuer86
New Stat Maker

Postby kuer86 » 2016 Jul 09, 13:06

his lpa is really great, with both feet. could be even higher imo
Klaus14
Valued Contributor

Postby Klaus14 » 2016 Jul 09, 13:56

85-86 is fair imo.
!!!CHUPETE LA CONCHA DE TU HERMANA!! , !!VAMOS CARAJO TE QUIERO VER!! , !! TE QUIERO VER PAPÁ!!
KeyserSoze

Postby KeyserSoze » 2016 Aug 29, 18:38

KeyserSoze wrote:He needs Offensive Sideback and lower TW for sure. Maybe even his Aw could set at 3/3, but if done, TW needs to be heavily downgraded as well.

His supportive movements off the ball use to be rather erratic. This is quite more evident when he has to get back with the rest of the D-Line. If he didn't have his TS (and RES, to a lesser extent) he would be an even more wasteful defender. Rating his TW at mid 60s would not be that crazy... And I would also consider that statement for David Luiz.

I still underline this. But I'd definitely set Aw @ 2/3 + Offensive Sideback + TW at 65. With his current Aw and TW he feels extremely balanced tactically speaking ig... And, honestly, I'm not that convinced that's something which describes him properly.
And also, I would put RES much ahead of his DEF. Jurgens made that switch greatly for Ramos' set, and I think the same should be applied for J. Boateng. Something like RES 85 and DEF no greater than 80...
"Willy Wanda is Chinese!!!"

Return to “FC Bayern München”