PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Alphonso Davies

Postby PES Stats Database » 2018 Sep 24, 23:31

duck23
New Stat Maker

Re: Alphonso Davies

Postby duck23 » 2018 Sep 25, 23:35

Isn't he more of a winger? Or a main SMF then, WF secondary? I mean, from what I saw of him this far (awesome wonderkid btw), he actually never plays as a defender, and doesn't go all the way back so regularly to be marked as an offensive defender, although he goes back and forward a lot, so a WB tops. He is usually at the LMF position with solid attacking roles and he shows up at both sides of the field so: LMF *, RMF (b), LWF (a), RWF (b), LWB (?).

Oh and he is pretty strong physically, missing the BC and PC values =)
Nice set Oriello :)
Oriello
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby Oriello » 2018 Sep 26, 01:02

I've only been following Vancouver for the last couple of months or so, but from what I have seen and reviewed they mainly play a 4-4-1-1, and it seems in the defensive phase like two flat lines of 4 defenders and 4 midfielders, with Reyna(SS/AMF) and Kamara(CF) helping out randomly, and the way Davies behaves in the defensive phase made me think he is primarily a SMF rather than a more attack focused WF with little defensive responsibilities..It could be that in PES terms Vancouver plays two formations during the match and morphs into a 4-2-4 kind of system on the counter/attack, so he could very well be a WF too.

I'll add WF, I don't know how to rank them as you listed, " LMF *, RMF (b), LWF (a), RWF (b)" I just enter the info in the editor for the website and it outputs the positions, I have no option to list them in a preferential hierarchy - I can only list "Both" for preferred side as an option. The WB position I will wait on, as I have yet to see Vancouver play that sort of system. I have seen him play LB before, last match vs Dallas, Levis was subbed off and he played there in the second half, his MLS All Star appearance was at LB, I'm pretty sure I've seen it at least one other time - and the commentators have made mention of him being able to fill in that spot.

I actually found him to be very responsible in his defensive duties, he helps his SB with opposition's wide players and I thought he was pretty frequently in that space around the upper corner of his own penalty area, his ball winning is composed and decent.

The BC and PC values I have not yet played one of the new PES games that have these, so I don't know how to rate them well - I know tomitos has made some posts regarding this but I have yet to go through them - If you or anyone else have values in mind for BC and PC for Davies or any other player that is missing them for MLS, just post them and I'll add them. Someone else with more knowledge can dispute or edit them later. I tried to make guesstimations from ladders for a few players and quickly stopped since I had no way to know ho accurate I was being not able to play with the values.

EDIT I tried to make him SMF, WF, SB . I removed SB, updated, added WF, updated, re-added SB, updated. And the PSD Editor still lists him SMF, SB, WF - lol can't be helped.
duck23
New Stat Maker

Re: Alphonso Davies, Vancouver Whitecaps

Postby duck23 » 2018 Sep 26, 04:02

Haha no problem with the order of the positions. I listed it like that, "(a) (b)", because it's how it shows in the new gen but just as an example of how I saw him working at the videos that I watched. I do agree with you in the 4411 into 424, mixed formation and all, but I didn't knew he played as a SB though I believe he is totally able to due to his playstyle.
What I mean is that he got signed by Bayern and I don't think he is a future replacement for Alaba (main LB who can play a whole lot of other positions as well) but more to where Douglas Costa used to play in his times there, although we can't predict those things of course, and comparing Davies to another wonderkid like Ryan Sessegnon which has more of a playstyle of an actual LB who got moved to LWF, more focused on the left side I mean, it's not quite the case for him as well as I saw him playing from the right to the center in some games, kind of like Robben but just exemplifying, he is not Robben-like at all xD. It's kind like Bale as well who was an LB and now is more of an RWF mainly. I may have mixed too much examples right now lol.
Anyway, the case with Davies is that he is mainly a Left Midfielder so he can cover both defensive and offensive roles no problem, but I see him with more offensive duties in the end cuz he have more of a finisher playstyle. He will be a really good one to be observed when he leaves MLS to a more competitive league like Bundesliga. So many wonderkids these times, that's pretty nice :D
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2018 Sep 26, 12:13

I was not aware of Ryan Sessegnon, its good that I unknowingly rated Davies just different enough from a player who originally was a LB :P . I think Davies is 95% of the time a wide mid/attacker, him at SB is most likely a product of his willingness to trackback and that he is a okay tackler as a mid - so they are willing to risk him there, but with his pace he still can get up to offer himself in the final 3rd.

I too think Bayern will use him in the attack - his tackling is just a nice bonus you don't always get from these sort of wide players. who often focus on refining their dribbling/crossing and lack effort/ability in the defensive phase.

Him cutting/drifting into the centre is a new part of his game (commentators mentioned it themselves) maybe over the past 3-4 months he has begun to wander to the middle, ready to counter using short passing combos with Kamara and Reyna, directly on goal. As you said a finisher kind of style.

Hope he can grow into a good player for Bayern and not do a Donovan.
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2018 Oct 29, 22:26

https://youtu.be/4zZhYZx3BUM?t=5 final 2 goals for Vancouver (that backup Portland LB, Farfan, I don't know why he is being so lax on the second goal lol)

I'm gonna up SA and SP +1 point each, just a cosmetic thing to keep him just behind Almiron. Similarish left foot shooters. EDIT I updated PC and BC according to the formula sek/tomitos and sanji discussed on discord.

Auf to Munich now, don't flop!
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2019 Jan 02, 21:39

damn forgot to edit vancouver team name out of thread title, help a brather out
Twix
Regular Poster

Postby Twix » 2019 Jan 10, 10:39

The caption in the title “Vancouver Whitecaps” really stands out, so help Oriello. Also in Bayern, he was given 19 number - official twitter of Bayern. Well, although it is not fundamental, goakeeper stats should be 40 each.
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2019 Jan 10, 15:01

Twix wrote:The caption in the title “Vancouver Whitecaps” really stands out, so help Oriello. Also in Bayern, he was given 19 number - official twitter of Bayern. Well, although it is not fundamental, goakeeper stats should be 40 each.
I only can edit in CONCACAF and forgot to delete Vancouver from title before transferring him, need a global mod to clean up my boo boo :( .
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2019 Jul 13, 15:23

He started as LWF (would swap sides) in Gold Cup and I think that was his main spot before in other NT matches, but Canada were experimenting Kaye at LB when he got injured, Davies filled in later matches.

https://youtu.be/wIUGrLcccUY?t=19 davies fk crossbar - maybe FKA to 68-69? Dont recall seeing him do this at Vancouver, probably tips from Robbery in training, first effort and on frame.

Got to see him more at Gold Cup since his move, his DA is worse, either from little game time or I was too generous before. DA 66 is more accurate, in combination with the rest of the set it is sufficent to keep him lethal in many instances, but more likely to replicate that VERY loose/sloppy control he has when taking players on - multiple times he would knock the ball out of play thinking he could take on a player...really at extreme could be 64.

Other than that his TS looks ferocious, he is at least 91, just eats up ground like road runner. Fantastic support play/ overlaps from left back.

Attack I would lower by 1 point and increase Defence by 1 - just balancing against the other Canadian attackers Jonathan David (71), Cavallini (74) [to be posted], Junior Hoilette (should be ~72 in new update) - and he played better at LB than before (though was at fault for Hatian goal)

Displayed good support play for Canada, lots of self less running and setting up of teammates rather than selfish finishing, his interchanges were sharp too, both TW and SPS could be upped +2.

Curling underrated a little, his shots can be benders but crosses tend to lack any of that quality to make them dangerous from their curl - ~68 Curl.

Summary of suggestions for current set;
Attack 73
Defence 51
Top Speed 91
Dribble Accuracy 65
Short Pass Speed 77
FKA 69
Curl 68
Team Work 70

GOALKEEPER STATS: (forgot to set these)
Catching: 40
Clearing: 40
Reflexes: 40
Coverage: 40

Spoiler: show
- for first post

Once the PSD Editor is more functional, can a mod freeze his set with these changes;

Attack 73
Defence 50
Top Speed 89
DA 64
Curling 68
Team Work 68

https://i.imgur.com/YHh0CpK.png - for me to use in classic post

Am I racist or does he not look like a young Pele - but way more buff and with braces - fuck his physique is great for an 18 year old - that hip - shoulder ratio.

Spoiler: show

Looks taller than Robben (180 cm) more than 1 cm, maybe still growing.

https://fcbayern.com/en/teams/professio ... nso-davies 72 kg weight

Return to “FC Bayern München”