Thiago Alcântara

Moderators: Albo7, KeyserSoze, Major general Woof, Akephalos, Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database

Thiago Alcântara

Postby PES Stats Database » 2010 Sep 22, 07:05

Last edited by vinnie on 2013 Nov 28, 08:00, edited 4 times in total.
furymaker

Re: Thiago Alcántara

Postby furymaker » 2014 Feb 03, 09:53

:/ Damn it feels so sad 4 me watching him play for Bayern , his Barca jersey is still hanging on my wall , damn you Rosell !
Debaser

Postby Debaser » 2014 Feb 04, 02:57

His performance against Frankfurt :)
saitek

Postby saitek » 2014 Mar 06, 16:19

He uses too much curling in everything to just have 82. Doesn't he?
PES Stats Database

Postby PES Stats Database » 2014 Mar 06, 17:00

Player Focus: Thiago Alcántara - The Rightful Heir to Xavi's Throne

It is rare for a youngster to feature with much regularity at the various youth levels for their country and go on to be a real success for the full international side. James Milner leads England's Under-21 caps chart and the next three are Tom Huddlestone, Fabrice Muamba and Michael Mancienne. Muamba is of course a special case, but none of the above are likely to ever set the world alight for the Three Lions. For Spain, meanwhile, Iker Muniain has the most youth appearances and he has only 1 more than Santi Denia, the Atlético Madrid centre-back who went on to win just two full caps despite featuring 27 times for the Under-21 side.

The common theme here is an obvious and understandable one; these players were good enough to play at the lower levels but have - or had - superior players ahead of them in the pecking order. For some, though, like Barcelona's Xavi Hernández, this means a wait until later in your career to consolidate a place in the first team. For others, like Thiago Alcántara, less patience is necessary.

Set on playing for Spain despite his Brazilian heritage and being born in Italy, Thiago is hoping to fulfil the billing he has been given as the latest candidate to succeed Xavi as Barcelona and Spain's deep-lying pass-master. Thiago Motta, Mikel Arteta and Cesc Fàbregas have all become fantastic footballers, but none - even Fàbregas - can genuinely claim to have reached the level of status Xavi boasts. Despite becoming the latest La Masia youth product to depart the Nou Camp in the summer, Thiago Alcántara is looking more and more an adequate heir to Xavi's throne.

As he proved last night for Spain while Xavi sat uninvolved on the bench, he is capable of controlling matches against the world's best; he attempted 115 passes - a full 26 more than any other player - and maintained 94% success. The main worry, having glanced at these stats in isolation, would be that Thiago was making passes in unthreatening areas. Not so, however; the 22-year-old found a teammate in the final third more times (42) than any teammate and as often as Italy managed as whole team.

For a number of years now, Thiago has been teetering on the peripheries of absolute top level football and that has almost solely been a consequence of the quality of player has has been attempting to overhaul for both club and country. At Barcelona there was little hope of ousting Xavi, Sergio Busquets and Andrés Iniesta even before they re-signed Fàbregas, and all four, along with Xabi Alonso and Javi Martínez provided an impenetrable wall blocking his path into Spain's midfield.

He thus played at last summer's European Under-21 Championships and to say he shone is an understatement. He was WhoScored's player of the tournament, with an average rating of 8.36 as he led Spain to glory, capping off the competition with a hat-trick in the final. He completed 395 of his 424 pass attempts (93.2%) and made clear to anyone that had previously doubted; he was way past being ready for the step up. Less than a month after the end of Euro 2013, he had been signed by the best team on the planet, Bayern Munich, led by none other than Pep Guardiola.

Guardiola had given Thiago his debut at Barcelona when he was just 18 years of age and over the course of his next 3 years at the club, continued to blood his best young star. He started over half (20) of the league games in Pep's final season in Catalonia, also making 7 appearances in a run to the semi-finals of the Champions League, including playing in the semi-final first leg at Stamford Bridge. After the frequency with which he featured dropped in Tito Vilanova's title-winning season, Thiago decided to move elsewhere, and Barcelona have been made to regret it since.

Bayern's midfield would be one of the most difficult to break into but Thiago has quickly become a key component of it. After injury interrupted his first half-season in Germany, he has found a way back into the team and is now integral to a side that look wholly likely to retain each trophy they won in achieving a treble last season. So extreme has been his return to form, that since the turn of the year, Thiago is the top rated player in Europe's top 5 leagues (8.71), ahead of Mario Mandzukic, Robert Lewandowski, Lionel Messi and Luis Suárez.

Thiago is a versatile, agile and hard-working central midfielder, and having played in 4 different positions he has shown just how many strings there are to his bow, which he exhibited to their full in a 5-0 win over Eintracht Frankfurt last month. A product of La Masia, it is little surprise that he is so comfortable on the ball, and he broke a Bundesliga record when he had 187 touches and completed an incredible 149 passes. In that game, when Bayern were so dominant in possession (72%), Thiago still excelled off the ball, making a combined total of 8 tackles and interceptions - 3 more than any teammate. There has only been 1 instance of a Bayern player making more in a Bundesliga game this season, when Diego Contento made 11 at Freiburg. Comparatively, however, he made 100 fewer passes than Thiago did against Frankfurt.

There is yet more to him, though. Not content to sit at the base of midfield and dictate play, Thiago goes off in search of the ball, always available and giving an option to his teammates. He is fantastically adept working the ball past a player with a give-and-go or a quick change of direction, having also completed 4.7 successful dribbles per game, the fifth most of all players in the top 5 European leagues.

Goals might be slightly lacking from his game, but he has proved that when he is given license to attack he can certainly do so effectively, with a goal in his only appearance as a no. 10 and a goal and an assist to turn the game on its head when his side needed him most, a goal down at Stuttgart with 15 minutes to play. Still so young, Thiago is more than happy to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and take responsibility.

So, as we enter the final part of his first season outside Spain, there are winners and losers from his move to the Bundesliga. On an international level, one can only wonder how good Brazil might be if they had Thiago this summer (and Diego Costa, too). Meanwhile, Bayern are sitting pretty atop the league, on a 15-match winning streak, while Barcelona continue their three way battle for La Liga. Who knows how much longer Xavi's career will go on at the highest level, and the Catalonians should be tearing their hair out at the fact that they ever let him go. They can only hope that the affinity Thiago feels for Spain that made his choose them over Brazil may also persuade him to return to the Nou Camp at some point in the future.

http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/-z7-j ... vis-Throne
furymaker

Postby furymaker » 2014 Mar 06, 21:45

I've been saying for years now that he will become the best midfielder in Europe , I have been following him since he was 16 , I loved his style , touch , control of the game , vision , passes and that elegant Brazilian style he posses . Since being promoted to 1st team of Barca , I was hoping that Pep would push him to the first 11 instead of Xavi as talent like his should not be wasted .
Of course Xavi was the best there is at his position at that time so Thiago had to wait few more seasons , but as seasons went on and Pep got tired and all that stuff I was telling to myself that new coach will play him more than ever before , he must . And that's where I was wrong , he went to Bayern because lack of playing time .
Pep kind of changed Bayern's style of play that is incredibly suited to Thiago or should I say Thiago is one that can adapt .

Throughout season so far he impressed me even more , he pushed Bastian , Martinez out of the lineup most of the games , although Pep seems to always find a way to keep his players happy ( bar Mandzukic and Kroos ) . His passing improved a lot , his vision is good as always , he's supportive as one can be , his TECH is almost godlike and he is so deadly when he gets in front of goal , either finishing or playing that final pass , he takes some risky passes when he's in final third , something that Barca is missing this season as Xavi mostly plays it far too safe .
In my eyes Thiago can easily be #1 option in Spain's NT at WC , if he continue his play at this level at Bayern he should easily take that position to himself .

Last night against Italy he kept ball going , simple passes , always on target , there's nothing Xavi can offer except experience that Thiago cant match , Thiago can offer bit more physical and faster game than Xavi , also he's really good header with nice jumping and positioning ability.

I really think his ATT can easily be at least 82 , all passing stats can be bit boosted too , also Form have to be more than 5 , 6 is least he deserves , there's not a single bad game from this guy since his Barca days .
vinnie

Postby vinnie » 2014 Mar 08, 23:55

really nice pass.
If you don't put effort into your post, i won't put effort in my response.
PIPA23

Postby PIPA23 » 2014 Oct 15, 13:18

medgooner

Postby medgooner » 2014 Oct 16, 10:51

And he's injured again. FIFA rated his as an injury prone player.
He's injury tolerance should be C.
here is his injury history:
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/thiago-alcantara/verletzungen/spieler/60444
Ramindbroken

Postby Ramindbroken » 2014 Dec 18, 18:27

SPA can go to 89-90, since he was in Barca his short passes where totally awesome. I see no difference between him and Coutinho, both need 89-91 SPA.
So bad he is injured again and again :/
Frans

Postby Frans » 2015 Apr 29, 13:58

Welbeck19

Postby Welbeck19 » 2015 Nov 05, 12:23

Thiago Alcántara vs Arsenal Home 04/11/2015

PIPA23

Postby PIPA23 » 2015 Nov 06, 04:27

Thiago Alcantara vs Arsenal (H) 15-16: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8e_rdkPiDE
martins7

Postby martins7 » 2015 Nov 06, 04:32

His short passing remember me a lot the style and accurate of Coutinho..
''There are two methods of fighting, the one by law, the other by force: the first method is that of men, the second of beasts.''
jurgens

Postby jurgens » 2015 Nov 14, 02:17

injured again :(

I'd really like to hear albo, kruger, general woof or some of the other active BL users feedback on him. This set hasn't really been touched in 2 years now.
Ramindbroken

Postby Ramindbroken » 2015 Nov 14, 02:28

Well, i've been watching him a lot, and the set doesn't look far from reality.
Maybe he needs lower RES (77-78), i don't know why he's on yellows on the first place.
Also probably higher SPA, I don't know if 88 or 89. Nothing really to explain here, just need to watch his passing and that's it. Also SPA>LPA.
Don't really know if he deserves this huge STA anymore. Or if he ever deserved it. I have him on 85 and I don't see the point in having him on a higher number. He isn't running the 90' minutes, and his help in DEF is lower and lower (Is that the expression? I don't even know, but you get me) every time I see him.
And lower Form. Yes, he's injured all the time, but there's no way he can be on 5 with the newest rating on Form that are beign applied in the base. Probably 3 would be better for him.
jurgens

Postby jurgens » 2015 Nov 14, 05:24

but there's no way he can be on 5 with the newest rating on Form that are beign applied in the base. Probably 3 would be better for him.

Please stop propagating this. Form 3 should be for a woefully inconsistent player that can barely play a good game in 10... it should be anamoly out of hundreds of player, or for players thats stat are so godly that they can rarely live up to them half of them. That is nothing at all like thiago, at all, hes been very consistent showing everything hes ever had since his promotion from barca b. Even when he moved to the BL, so many questions where raised about his insane DA/tech and especially TW... but he proved it all right from the get go. Hes fine with a form 5. Us being harsher does not mean lowering everyones form on the board just because.
Fantasista

Postby Fantasista » 2015 Nov 14, 08:24

Although you're right about Thiago form 3 isn't that bad at all in game.
show some fcking respect
Major general Woof

Postby Major general Woof » 2015 Nov 14, 12:48

He's got a very tight control of the strings in Bayern. His work, support, control, passes and vision pushed Alonso to the very edge of playmaking and turned him into a support player whole lot more than he was before Thiago played (Boateng has a little influence here, too, but it doesn't take away any merit from Thiago). His teamwork is justified. Now, I can't tell the exact value, but 94 is orange and orange is what he should have. Yes, SPA could be 89, but looking at his technique, if he gets his consistency up, he could get a boost in LPA too. Right now, I only see SPA being deservedly talked about in this regard.
RES is hard for me to judge when I look at a classic playmaking CMF, especially cause he plays in a overally very responsive team. I don't believe he was given this value out of nothing, considering the set proved to be very accurate with a good base over a longer period of time. Now, maybe if this really high teamwork already gives him advantage in positional play when defending so he can intercept or make pressing easier, then I agree RES should be high green value. If not, I think it should stay the same, with ATT/DEF awareness 2/2 it wouldn't make him more involved in anything than he already is. And I aslo know he's well capable of intercepting and pressing when in the right place and find him a little bit more determined than Kroos, Modrić and the likes in that regard.
I don't know what to say about stamina. I'm more with 85 than 87, though.
toaad

Postby toaad » 2016 Jan 26, 18:11

Major general Woof wrote:He's got a very tight control of the strings in Bayern. His work, support, control, passes and vision pushed Alonso to the very edge of playmaking and turned him into a support player whole lot more than he was before Thiago played (Boateng has a little influence here, too, but it doesn't take away any merit from Thiago). His teamwork is justified. Now, I can't tell the exact value, but 94 is orange and orange is what he should have. Yes, SPA could be 89, but looking at his technique, if he gets his consistency up, he could get a boost in LPA too. Right now, I only see SPA being deservedly talked about in this regard.
RES is hard for me to judge when I look at a classic playmaking CMF, especially cause he plays in a overally very responsive team. I don't believe he was given this value out of nothing, considering the set proved to be very accurate with a good base over a longer period of time. Now, maybe if this really high teamwork already gives him advantage in positional play when defending so he can intercept or make pressing easier, then I agree RES should be high green value. If not, I think it should stay the same, with ATT/DEF awareness 2/2 it wouldn't make him more involved in anything than he already is. And I aslo know he's well capable of intercepting and pressing when in the right place and find him a little bit more determined than Kroos, Modrić and the likes in that regard.
I don't know what to say about stamina. I'm more with 85 than 87, though.

I had made ​​a very detailed and thorough post as I did with other player but Major Woof could well summarize my analysis as Ramind addressed some issues that I also agree.

STA + DEF is a bit high for him. Isn't this hard -worker , isn't his style , his game has enough energy and decent defensive participation but with these stats it simply he becomes a monster defensively.
He looks much more a classic playmaking CMF than a all rounded player , really energetic own such numbers. Almost a box-to -box with these numbers and it is obviously not the case. Think that he is much more conservative than the set suggests.

His passes , especially the shorts , sometimes they look up in the orange zone , 90 but something like 89 would be well judged. The point is that there was actually enhance these attributes and he is incredibly dangerous and accurate on them.

Other small details are his shooting and jumping . I don't know why he needs to such a high value in SA . Up even in SP, I don't see a strong and decently accurate kicker , though , is not something primordial in his game. I don't see as consistent as in use and when you use to have these values.
jumping really impressed me , seemed worthy of a yellow zone as 81-82 but do not know if it is constantly to say something .

To help more or less to simplify my suggestions I suggest these following values

Spoiler: show
Defence: 60
Short Pass Accuracy: 89-90
Long Pass Accuracy: 88-89
Shot Accuracy: 73
Kicking Power: 77-78
Stamina: 84-85
jump: 81 ??
jurgens

Postby jurgens » 2016 Apr 28, 14:14

gave him a proper update, mostly just corrections, sets pretty good just needed some refinement.

Return to “FC Bayern München”