PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Mats Hummels

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 10, 17:29

Ramindbroken
Veteran Stat Maker

Re: Mats Hummels

Postby Ramindbroken » 2016 Apr 22, 22:34

So you watched two games and listen to some opinions? That's it?
I would like to have him on 90 DEF though, i feel like 93 overpowers him a little if whe think he's at the same level than Thiago Silva atm and I think there's a clear difference between the two in terms of tackling and game reading. Not saying there's a huge difference, but it is there. On the other hand, I don't see how he can be under Sakho in BC or under Pique in DA. If anything he looks better than both of them in both aspects, the guy is extremadly good at dribbling, passing and trapping the ball. Seriously, the guy could be a midfielder.
ReljaBasara96
New Contributor

Postby ReljaBasara96 » 2016 Apr 23, 01:07

No, i've watched Hummels million times in my life, the guy is just not this good, it's not from this season, he's not like this for couple of years. Def and TW are overrated by 4 or 5 points, he had some real shockers in that period.
"Ovo iza je Krajina, i ovo kani ostati Krajina."
VReznoV
Regular Poster

Postby VReznoV » 2016 Apr 24, 11:46

Kruger13 wrote:
ScribbleyDoibus wrote:he was not that great these past 2 seasons I dont see why he has these stats

He was still great but suffered a lot of injuries during past seasons. Also, his team sucked during that period of time you mentioned too.

Hummels is one of the best CB in the world. Despite of that, i believe that his DEF+RES+TW combo should be reconsidered. His tackling+defensive safe+dispossessing isn't constant, inclusive in the same match differs. Also, due to his aggressive style and anticipation game he losses his position often leaving a gap behind, sadly for BVB when Hummels lost positions, it normally ends in goal since he is last barrier to it. My suggestions are DEF 90, RES 86, TW 82.

Finally, I want to remark his aerial game, he has been awesome in that regard, very effective in corners and free kicks winning headers (attacking specially). I think he improved a lot on his heading technique, he has the same leap but hi headers are very accurate, orange for me. My suggestion are HEA 90 and JUM 82.

Bump. How about this one?
someone should burn Ballon d'Or trophy
reQ
Regular Poster

Postby reQ » 2016 Apr 24, 12:43

U make actually one big mistake by judging his games. Consider that he was playing in Dortmund next to bender (who is a DMF) and secondly next to sokratis (who had an infect and muscular problems and is just about to find his form again). Searching the reason for the five goals in hummels is actually just wrong because, the only thing he did was trying to correct mistakes his teammates bender and sokratis made as CB's and Weigl and Castro made in the Midfield. He made a 4-men job by his own!!
That thing in dortmund was that neither Weigl nor Bender havent put pressure on Milner when that cross came from i think it was Moreno (also on moreno no pressure by miki!!, weigl or piszczek). Hummels identified that mistake actually really early and tried to put this pressure on Milner to win the header duel. After he went to the left midfield to milner Origi was going for that open space hummels created and again nor Bender or any other midfielder havent moved up, which would be the normal acting as a defender. Bender was aweful in this situation!! After that game he conceeded that it was maybe wrong to move out but he saw that none of his teammates had make any move so he did. In liverpool u could saw the same thing. At the 60' minute the midfield stopped putting any pressure on the player with the ball. I watched that LFC-BVB game twice and couldnt identify "horrible mistakes" of hummels, it was more a reasult of horrible acting by weigl, sokratis, piszczek and castro.
Put a in-form sokratis next to hummels and he is able to concentrate just on his role as a L CB and world class defender. but saying that he is not even close to a world class defender is bullshit, just consider that he is often forced to fulfil jobs which arent any part of his role.
reQ
Regular Poster

Postby reQ » 2016 Apr 24, 12:53

TW is actually the LAST thing i would touch!!! His high TW is undeniable. We could deftly discuss about DEF. Ramind mentioned an important comparison to Silva. Indeed not wrong, hummels isnt that sharp in his actions sometimes but he has other qualities in his DEF role. But consider that Silva is playing in League 1, a quite weak league. And i would say hummels would be able to fulfil directly a high class job in ANY other leagues in the world.
Apocalypse
New Stat Maker

Postby Apocalypse » 2016 Apr 30, 02:54

I am really sorry, but if this guy goes to Bayern too, the Bundesliga for me and many people will be a joke. I mean, Bayern kicked out when he was young, Dortmund recruited him, and now he will leave for money and that? Pls
Major general Woof
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Major general Woof » 2016 Apr 30, 09:27

There are plenty of clubs you could go to just to make even more money (Real, Barca, PSG, any of the top BPL clubs...) and I'm sure he had offers from some of them before and does have now. But not all of them guarantee you contending for a triple crown every season, so why is it joke that the best players of Bundesliga want to play for Bayern? As if it wasn't the case with Alves, Arda, Rakitić, just to name some from the other league.
Ramindbroken
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ramindbroken » 2016 Apr 30, 13:21

Major general Woof wrote:But not all of them guarantee you contending for a triple crown every season, so why is it joke that the best players of Bundesliga want to play for Bayern? As if it wasn't the case with Alves, Arda, Rakitić, just to name some from the other league.

The league is already a joke because Bayern has no rival. In Spain is different because Barca has to play against Madrid and (in this last two years) Atletico. Since Dortmund declined due to injuries and because Bayern bought two of the best players in the team, Bayern has no rival, so the league is pretty boring.
Hope he doesn't go to Bayern, really. They already have two good CB's and another good one that is Vermaelen 2.0, they don't need another one.
Apocalypse
New Stat Maker

Postby Apocalypse » 2016 Apr 30, 14:14

Major general Woof wrote:There are plenty of clubs you could go to just to make even more money (Real, Barca, PSG, any of the top BPL clubs...) and I'm sure he had offers from some of them before and does have now. But not all of them guarantee you contending for a triple crown every season, so why is it joke that the best players of Bundesliga want to play for Bayern? As if it wasn't the case with Alves, Arda, Rakitić, just to name some from the other league.

Well, is not the same case. Imagine Barça or madrid were buying for example Agüero, Diego Costa, Godínn, etc. They are the best clubs in Spain, but aren't taking directly the best players of their inmediately rivals. In the Bundesliga, the only rival from Bayern was Dortmund, and they are buying his best players (Lewandowski, Götze, Hummels) is a big joke.
Uzair
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Uzair » 2016 Apr 30, 23:51

Apocalypse wrote:Well, is not the same case. Imagine Barça or madrid were buying for example Agüero, Diego Costa, Godínn, etc. They are the best clubs in Spain, but aren't taking directly the best players of their inmediately rivals. In the Bundesliga, the only rival from Bayern was Dortmund, and they are buying his best players (Lewandowski, Götze, Hummels) is a big joke.

True, Bayern have a history of 'buying out the competition'. Whenever a team looks to threaten their domestic dominance, said rivals teams' players seem to jump ship. They did it to Borussia Monchengladbach in the late 80's early 90's, Bayer Leverkusen early 00's and now Borussia Dortmund.
Major general Woof
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Major general Woof » 2016 May 01, 19:42

Apocalypse wrote:
Major general Woof wrote:There are plenty of clubs you could go to just to make even more money (Real, Barca, PSG, any of the top BPL clubs...) and I'm sure he had offers from some of them before and does have now. But not all of them guarantee you contending for a triple crown every season, so why is it joke that the best players of Bundesliga want to play for Bayern? As if it wasn't the case with Alves, Arda, Rakitić, just to name some from the other league.

Well, is not the same case. Imagine Barça or madrid were buying for example Agüero, Diego Costa, Godínn, etc. They are the best clubs in Spain, but aren't taking directly the best players of their inmediately rivals. In the Bundesliga, the only rival from Bayern was Dortmund, and they are buying his best players (Lewandowski, Götze, Hummels) is a big joke.

They are not much of rivals if their best players want to play for Bayern. All of them had offers from other clubs, but still wanted to go to Bayern. In other case, they would've left elsewhere, to another league like Džeko and De Bruyne did, like Kagawa left to Man United or Firmino to Liverpool. If that's the case, then by the means of transfer hyerarchy Bayern has no complete rivalry (players who make a name for themselves want to go to a higher tier surroundings), but that's not to say Bundesliga is a joke. That's a claim coming from people who want to diminish success of Bayern by ignoring that right now they only have real rivalry in Champions league with Real Madrid and Barcelona, and those three are undisputably the top three European clubs looking in the time span of last 4-5 years, I could say even longer, but that's not the point.
It's like saying Maybach is a rival to Rolls-Royce. They aren't, companies who make yachts and jet-planes are rivals to Rolls-Royce, however strange it may seem at first.
Apocalypse
New Stat Maker

Postby Apocalypse » 2016 May 01, 19:57

Major general Woof wrote:
Apocalypse wrote:

They are not much of rivals if their best players want to play for Bayern. All of them had offers from other clubs, but still wanted to go to Bayern. In other case, they would've left elsewhere, to another league like Džeko and De Bruyne did, like Kagawa left to Man United or Firmino to Liverpool. If that's the case, then by the means of transfer hyerarchy Bayern has no complete rivalry (players who make a name for themselves want to go to a higher tier surroundings), but that's not to say Bundesliga is a joke. That's a claim coming from people who want to diminish success of Bayern by ignoring that right now they only have real rivalry in Champions league with Real Madrid and Barcelona, and those three are undisputably the top three European clubs looking in the time span of last 4-5 years, I could say even longer, but that's not the point.
It's like saying Maybach is a rival to Rolls-Royce. They aren't, companies who make yachts and jet-planes are rivals to Rolls-Royce, however strange it may seem at first.

Say that To Atlético :D
Klaus14
Valued Contributor

Postby Klaus14 » 2016 May 10, 11:09

:lol: New bayern munich player and renato sanches too,and bayern gets two player that everybody wants :lol:
!!!CHUPETE LA CONCHA DE TU HERMANA!! , !!VAMOS CARAJO TE QUIERO VER!! , !! TE QUIERO VER PAPÁ!!
antony
PSD Elite

Postby antony » 2016 May 10, 18:32

Defense, Response and Teamwork seems to overrated to me.. he isn't overally a good marker imho, he is a great playmaker (Bonucci-esque) but he lacks in concentration and positioning sometimes.. i don't say that he isn't a good player but he is overrated if we talk about pure defensive abilities.
ReljaBasara96
New Contributor

Postby ReljaBasara96 » 2016 May 10, 21:18

antony wrote:Defense, Response and Teamwork seems to overrated to me.. he isn't overally a good marker imho, he is a great playmaker (Bonucci-esque) but he lacks in concentration and positioning sometimes.. i don't say that he isn't a good player but he is overrated if we talk about pure defensive abilities.

On point
"Ovo iza je Krajina, i ovo kani ostati Krajina."
toaad
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby toaad » 2016 May 11, 15:12

antony wrote:Defense, Response and Teamwork seems to overrated to me.. he isn't overally a good marker imho, he is a great playmaker (Bonucci-esque) but he lacks in concentration and positioning sometimes.. i don't say that he isn't a good player but he is overrated if we talk about pure defensive abilities.

Perfect. Just think his da/bc is a little better than this current numbers.
Hendersondz
New Contributor

Postby Hendersondz » 2016 May 11, 16:57

Yes I agree with you I think def should be 88 or 89
But generally he is one of the best DC in the world
Quintero10
Former Lurker

Postby Quintero10 » 2016 May 17, 03:12

Wow the hate that hummels gets is funny. About he does not deserve 93 or does not deserve this and that, these stats are ON POINT. I would even raise his short passing by 2 because he makes killer through balls like the one for reus goal against liverpool and the outside foot pass assist. Like wtf? which CB does what hummels does in the modern era. NO defender comes EVEN close to what he does with the ball as a CB, he BRINGS the ball all the way to the final third constantly and heck even tries to go get to the by line. Again NAME me ONE defender who does that CONSISTENTLY?

As for defending, your telling me he doesnt deserve 93? Wow when has Hummels EVER performed BELOW PAR in a BIG GAME? name me one GAME where we was a LOST cause, because i can tell you how many times Ramos has looked lost defensively. But yet his defensive disciplinary record is woeful despite being an amazing defender when he actually plays cool. His Positioning, Marking, CLEAN slide tackles are GRACEFUL. He perhaps does LACK concentration span at times and can make an error or 2, but NO footballer is PERFECT. High profile CB's have made horrible defnesive blunders but i dont hear anyone say that they are OVERRATTED the way people say hummels defensive skill is. Injuries have caused his form to be somewhat average and error prone at times, BUT when HE IS FULLY FIT and IN FORM, he is DEFINETLY one of the best 3 CB's in the world.
Hendersondz
New Contributor

Postby Hendersondz » 2016 May 19, 10:55

I think the Best defender in the world this moment is unchallenged Diego Godin, the only one worth more than 93 for defending
Now Hummels is almost at the level of Ramos but a little bit better defensively. But Hummels I've seen this season is not what we saw in the World Cup I think the level has fallen slightly. The reason for this is not injuries
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2016 May 19, 13:05

Got to say that I also feel he isn't at this level. I personally wouldn't have him in oranges, but on the higher end of yellows, just never felt he was at that sort of level defensively, and I've been quite a bit more impressed with a variety of CB's over the last few years than I have with hummels.

Return to “Borussia Dortmund”