PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Houssem Aouar

Postby PES Stats Database » 2018 Apr 20, 14:54

Houy
PSD Elite

Re: Houssem Aouar

Postby Houy » 2018 Apr 21, 11:51

Yesterday vs Dijon he played as the left CM of the diamond with Tousart at it's base, Ndombele on the right and Fekir on top with Memphis and Traore as the two strikers. At least that's what i am reading their formation was because a lot of the time it looked like a 4-2-3-1 with Aouar at the 8 role and Ndombele and Traore at either wing. The game itself was a slug fest, as for Aouar he had what i'm staring to recognize as a typical Aouar game, subtle in his movements and conservative in his energy output but emphatically present when he gets involved and very attentive yet indirect defensively.

While he played at a clearly more restricted role than Ndombele he was involved in 3 of Lyon's goals. Firstly he provided the 1-2 that drove the team up to Dijon's box in the first goal and gave the pass to Rafael who eventually crossed it to Memphis for the 1 - 0, he made one of his sneaky runs inside the box for the second goal ( ruled an own goal ) and provided a great long ball to spot Traore's run on a free for all counter who failed to score but Cornet did on the follow up. Beside that there wasn't much to write home about, he mad a couple of mistakes, once where he was dispossessed by being thrown around and the other a bad pass that commenced a Dijon counter. Also had a nice show of his control. He had a good run with the ball at the start of the game where he led the team on a counter which i realized after the fact so i can't really comment on it speed-wise.

I came to a couple of conclusions following this game though. To begin with i think it's safe to make a few tweaks to limit his physical presence a bit more. It's one of the least pronounced aspects of his game weather it be his physical confrontations, big runs or displays of energy. I've also got a better feel for his speed, which i'd rate a little lower at whites and keep Acc at 86 as he's super light and airy in his first steps, a 85/86 with little discrepancy.

What i suggest:

BB 74->72
Sta 80->79
TS 76->74
Agi 86->84
DS 79->78 ( i think the 86 is a typo ? )

The other thing is that long passing is very much a part of his game, i haven't noticed something exceptional in his accuracy and he doesn't play long range in general but he uses it casually for transitions when it suits the occasion and he's quite accurate. I'll wait to check it out some more but i believe his SPA/LPA are more balanced than i had originally thought and his short/long passing ratio a lot closer.
Ocrin
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ocrin » 2018 Apr 22, 06:42

DS was indeed a typo, good eye and thanks for pointing it out.

Honestly, my impressions on his long passing are much the same as yours quality-wise but over the sample of games I've watched of him, I'd say it really hasn't been an important part of his game so far.

For me, highlighting this "underusage" of long passing by giving him lower LP values is also and mostly a way to keep a conservative approach with the raw player he still his, but there's definitely a gap.
Long passing has always been such an effective stat in PES games ever since PES 2009 (which was the first PES game I played regularly, yeah, shame on me) that the currently low LPA values does not hinder how the set replicates him in my opinion. I have no issues with playing quality long passes in game with him with this value, at least at the level he usually shows, and his usage of long passing does not call for an obvious upgrade. I think it's fair, for now, to keep a significant gap between the two values to further emphasize how he plays and what kind of passer he is.
Everyone knew it was impossible. Then came along a fool who didn't know it, and he did it.
Houy
PSD Elite

Postby Houy » 2018 Apr 22, 07:10

Ocrin wrote:For me, highlighting this "underusage" of long passing by giving him lower LP values is also and mostly a way to keep a conservative approach with the raw player he still his, but there's definitely a gap.
Long passing has always been such an effective stat in PES games ever since PES 2009 (which was the first PES game I played regularly, yeah, shame on me) that the currently low LPA values does not hinder how the set replicates him in my opinion. I have no issues with playing quality long passes in game with him with this value, at least at the level he usually shows, and his usage of long passing does not call for an obvious upgrade. I think it's fair, for now, to keep a significant gap between the two values to further emphasize how he plays and what kind of passer he is.

Yes that was my original thought, i am just seeing him use it increasingly more when i watch him lately ( what i mean by a better ratio, not our stats' ratio ). He's not a yellow long passer, that's evident but i am realizing he might not be underusing his LP at all. A note at it's infancy ofcourse, i'll keep an eye on it for more reports ;) .
Houy
PSD Elite

Postby Houy » 2018 May 13, 10:12

Spoiler: show

Nice casual placement. Any thoughts on his past games ?
Houy
PSD Elite

Postby Houy » 2018 May 27, 09:46

Well, season's over and there are a few asterisks i'll put on the set for review.

* His Tech like you had mentioned Ocrin might need a a downgrade, i haven't seen that level of consistency in his trapping since i started watching him more regularly. He can pull off very difficult traps on occasion though, the potential is there to match his close control more but he needs to work on it.

* I've come to reconsidered 81 for TW. He can provide good support through single attacking sequences and how he reads and covers space is what makes him a viable choice as a CM even in a 2 man mid but i'm afraid 81 gives him a little more presence than he has on the field while in general he limits himself and his support to the area of the pitch he's been assigned. I'd lower it to 79. The prowess is definitely there but for now i don't think more is needed to show the particular way he applies it.

* The short passing - long passing relation, basically what i said above that it needs an eye to be kept on it . The few incisive/very high level short passes i saw from him during the last part of the season also bothered me while the ratio of long passes he makes keeps increasing.

* His SA isn't lower that 74, that's a safe bet since as he's shown he can properly place shots many times this season. Same for Def Prowess, 69 should be fine.

Pic
Spoiler: show
Adrien
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby Adrien » 2018 Sep 19, 21:19

I love this guy, great football player to watch. Relax style, very high technical skills, great passes and not making any useless stuff. Such promissing thinking is only 20.
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2019 Aug 16, 20:19

Great game for him tonight. Perfect first touches, some great troughout passes. Always going forward, and nice defensive contribution. When he's involve and not lazzy he has insane level.
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Postby PES Stats Database » 2019 Aug 17, 16:11

7Jonathan28
New Stat Maker

Postby 7Jonathan28 » 2020 Aug 15, 21:05

Wow, he had a really great game against City tonight. Contributed in 2 of 3 goals. Assisted Dembele's first goal with a fantastic through ball, and also his shot couldn't keep well by Ederson and again, Dembele scored it.

Out of those two, he's overall brilliant today. Hard to steal the ball from him, almost never lose the ball, so agile, nice vision, quite good at defensive work, and knew when and where to move to help his teammates.

Some of his stats need upgrades. His BB looks better than 72, he could protect the ball using his body, should be 75. Agility must be higher than his acc i think, he deserves 87. DA is okay now at 88, it's possible to be orange, but hold it now. In LPA, he deserves 83 i think even though he doesn't really use it, but he's good at long passes this season. Technique is the most i looked up, he deserves the same amount as DA i think in 88, his control on the ball is absolutely impressed me. And his teamwork too, update it to 82, he always move to find the space for himself and making him available to get the passes.
Last edited by 7Jonathan28 on 2020 Aug 15, 21:36, edited 3 times in total.
Live life for the moment, because everything else is uncertain.
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2020 Aug 15, 21:10

His close control is really insane at times, like tonight. Bordering orange. Against big team he always showed his abilities, but in Ligue 1 is lazzy and doesn't give everything.
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Postby PES Stats Database » 2020 Aug 16, 10:52

Return to “Olympique Lyonnais”