Marcelo Guedes

Moderators: conker8, Adrien, Helios, Ocrin, Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Marcelo Guedes

Postby PES Stats Database » 2009 Jun 16, 22:54

Last edited by E_9 on 2010 Sep 19, 22:33, edited 4 times in total.
jupes
New Stat Maker

Re: Marcelo

Postby jupes » 2013 Feb 27, 11:48

Fides wrote:True. I feel he is okay physically: Not slow for his length, and due to his big frame okay-ish in strength (82-83 though, he lost all his battles against Sigthorsson and also was not able to beat Schaken) and good in the air) but apart from this he is poor yeah. I dont understand Advocaat doesnt opt for some talents at the back (Koch is a talented CB, and Brenet a talented RB) because these guys playing now are shite.
Brenet-Koch-Derijck-Pieters or Brenet-Derijck-Pieters-Willems wouldnt be a bad option I suppose.

Advocaat is probably one of the least imaginative coaches in international football, apart from being depressingly conservative and cowardly.

Maintainging Marcelo in the starting XI only serves to confirm this for me.
Roy
PSD Elite

Postby Roy » 2013 Apr 30, 08:25

Can we please update his DEF to 72 and both MENT and TW to low 60's?
The guy is a joke, even PSV fans hate him, and rightly so, he's just so fucking bad, always commits errors, unable to mark properly, he can't tackle, and he's dumb on top of that, just doesn't even seem to see what he does wrong, as he does it time and time again...

I'd put him even lower than 72 DEF tbh...
jurgens wrote:i could take a shit on my keyboard and produce something that has more relevance in game

jurgens wrote:the only muscle you'll ever have is that of a better man than yous cock

jurgens wrote:Do it yourself you smelly bean dipping porfavor
Roy
PSD Elite

Postby Roy » 2013 Jun 24, 06:25

I'll ask again, how is he still a green DEF? He makes multiple mistakes EVERY SINGLE MATCH...

He's 72 to me...
jurgens wrote:i could take a shit on my keyboard and produce something that has more relevance in game

jurgens wrote:the only muscle you'll ever have is that of a better man than yous cock

jupes
New Stat Maker

Postby jupes » 2013 Jun 24, 07:26

LeMisérable wrote:I'll ask again, how is he still a green DEF? He makes multiple mistakes EVERY SINGLE MATCH...

Yeah, and the scary thing is only the most vivid ones stick. The ones that lead to goals.

If you watch him closely, you'll see 90% of his f-ups go unpunished, like routinely defending with the wrong leg, misjudging crosses, mistiming interceptions, constantly leaving waaay too much space for opposing striker, shoddy positioning on crosses, etc., etc.

When you add it all up, 72 is being generous.
Roy
PSD Elite

Postby Roy » 2013 Jun 24, 07:44

jupes wrote:When you add it all up, 72 is being generous.

Extremely generous... :?

Roy
PSD Elite

Postby Roy » 2013 Jul 14, 08:51

bumping DEF decrease again, 70-72-ish...

Roy
PSD Elite

Postby Roy » 2013 Jul 31, 12:50

Maybe instead of decreasing DEF (although I would still put him at 74 or so) we could also decrease RES, MENT and TW to simulate his tremendous lack of communication skills, it's by far his biggest flaws, i'd say:

RES: 72, does absolutely nothing, just stays where he is, and even if players come close to him it's a luxury to see him doing something
MENT: 62, absolutely atrocious, he's terrible under any kind of pressure, even without he's horrible, he simply can't perform decently...
TW: 62, complete lack of communication with the backline whatsoever, absolutely terrible...

And Form is 3 at best...

PIPA23
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby PIPA23 » 2013 Aug 10, 17:44

mcmattie
PSD Elite

Postby mcmattie » 2013 Aug 10, 18:16

PIPA23 wrote:signed with Hannover 96:
http://www.hannover96.de/CDA/aktuelles/ ... 6de68714f8

:D :D :D
reQ
Regular Poster

Postby reQ » 2014 Nov 11, 13:28

marcelo could get a little overall update. his defense is quite good, he makes good, clean tackles, wins a lot of his duels and is quite dominant in the air. He should have imo a high(er) green DEF and higher Res with a small jump and TW raise. Technical points should be raised too. his first touch is completely ok. Stamina and mentality values deserve a raise, he is going easy over 90 minutes now, shows a good aggression, is going after a lot of ball; all in all he has a good motivation and attitude. By now he stabilises Hannover's defense with Schulz in combination with a really strong playing Schmiedebach. He/they make(s) good job.
mcmattie
PSD Elite

Postby mcmattie » 2014 Nov 11, 13:43

I wonder if you're critical enough about his skills. I haven't seen him at Hannover, but if what you're saying is right, he must have made quite some progress then since he was horrible at PSV.
reQ
Regular Poster

Postby reQ » 2014 Nov 11, 14:41

i read all your posts before and i was already a little bit scared writing these suggestions which differs so much from what you guys wrote here before :D. But anyway i did it, its my personal view from what i see every week of Hannover. I don't know him from his PSV days but surely he can progress and he did/does!! Since Korkut he was from the first day in the lineup and played always 90 minutes. (another candidate is Prib --> both just surprised) After Sane and Djourou i see finally something good. All what you can read about him now in the german press are positive things, so i think i am not really alone with my opinion. And i wasn't even suggesting concrete values but what i suggest is going imo in the right direction and surely there are more points which deserves a decrease and an increase.
Karbrüggen
Regular Poster

Postby Karbrüggen » 2014 Nov 11, 22:16

Marcelo is this season a lighthouse. His strongest skills are his headers and he is very powerful in duels. Currently, he is an indispensable part of the team. I also see his set not current
jupes
New Stat Maker

Postby jupes » 2014 Nov 12, 19:11

Yeah, with his PSV days as a reference, this set still seems very modest to me.

He was positively abysmal.
Amateurish in all aspects of the game.

So either the playing style in Hannover suits him better.
Or you need to evaluate after a longer period of scrutiny. :mrgreen:
d4nte
New Stat Maker

Postby d4nte » 2016 Jan 31, 21:59

bjk_melo_151
Seasoned Stat Maker

Marcelo Guedes

Postby bjk_melo_151 » 2017 May 23, 11:33

Agressive and distrubitor stopper. What a towering-centre back. Our grim defender. He can't try soft touch about tackle. Everytime, you can see this. When opposite player runs to goal square, then he punch with his shoulders or hold with his body. Then opposite player fall on the ground or lost the ball. He doesn't never ever tackle the ball like smart defenders or any intelligent tackler on the world. His best ability is heading. He doesn't give any chance to opponents in the air. He can jump high and also use his body for aerial duels. When our team won freekick or cornerkick, then he performs very well in opponent's line. He scored many times with his head. His second good thing is passing. Our team have 3 pass stations on the pitch. Fabri and Marcelo is first step in this station. When our guys bring the ball from deep, then start to passes with Marcelo. He doesn't dribble with ball comfortably but his passes are very accurate. So many times plays long ball but his long passes are nearly accurate like his short simple passes. My opinion about his defensive style; his physique is a big oppurtunity about defending. He can put his own body for tackling, heading, interceptions. He can't slide very well, but he can mark any player perfectly. Sometimes he doesn't concentrate positioning correctly. Unfortunately that's why he isn't best defender in our league. Here is my set: (PES 2017)
66 Attacking Prowess
72 Ball Control
71 Dribbling
75 Low Pass
75 Lofted Pass
67 Finishing
64 Place Kicking
66 Swerve
86 Header
79 Defensive Prowess
81 Ball Winning
81 Kicking Power
76 Speed
72 Explosive Power
69 Body Control
88 Physical Contact
79 Jump
40 Goalkeeping
40 Catching
40 Clearing
40 Reflexes
40 Coverage
78 Stamina
3 Weak Foot Use
3 Weak Foot Accuracy
7 Form
2 Injury Resistance

Positions
CB

Playing Style
Extra Frontman

Player Skills
Heading
Low Punt Trajectory
Man Marking
Fighting Spirit

COM Playing Styles
Long Ball Expert
κάθε πρόσωπο που είναι ένας κόσμος. káthe próso̱po pou eínai énas kósmos.
Sanji
PSD Youth League

Re: Marcelo Guedes

Postby Sanji » 2019 May 04, 03:28

Jesus he is so slow nowadays. Lyon playing a higher line has really highlighted that. But he's still a decent defender, utterly dominant in the air, hard to go through as long as the attacker can't outpace him.

His long passing is pretty decent, maybe he could get a point increase. Also i've upgraded his Jump one point, maybe he could get a decrease in his Header stat, not sure. Deserved that 86 last season, this one much less so. I'm thinking he could go 86-87 PC/BB too, he's strong but at times he gets bullied.
Ocrin
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ocrin » 2019 May 04, 03:37

What do you think about his ATT? I'm under the impression that he is more in the high 50s, he doesn't provide much in attack and I don't think he's been scoring even one goal this season, which is probably worth replicating in his set.
Everyone knew it was impossible. Then came along a fool who didn't know it, and he did it.
Sanji
PSD Youth League

Postby Sanji » 2019 May 04, 07:07

For sure you're on point with that.
Adrien
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby Adrien » 2019 May 04, 09:58

I'm not really sure he deserve yellow for def. He looks weak defensivly and didn't made a good season, too much goals are for him. May be it comes more of his speed, don't know really, just asking.
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.

Return to “Olympique Lyonnais”