PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Rafael Leão

Postby PES Stats Database » 2018 Dec 27, 14:29

Adrien
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Rafael Leão

Postby Adrien » 2018 Dec 27, 14:37

This summer, Lille had the luck to sign this very promissing young portuguese player from Sporting who had big economic problem and let him go for free like a lot of their players. Some people say he's the Portuguese Mbappé. Well, it's an interristing comparaison, but also a wrong one, they've got differences in their gameplay and Mbappé already accomplished much more at the same age^^

He's very fast, also making lot of stuff like Mbappé. You know some pass with the back of the feet and stuff like this. I'd say he's more gifted technically speaking, also surprisingly quick in his turns for someone of his heights. Also is much more stronger than Mbappé on dual. Rafael Leao has the ability to resist, and gave lof of opportunities of passes for his partner while making Poacher runs. Wich make the comparaison interristing with Mbappé, is that he seems smart like him, to make the good choise most of the time. I'd like to see him even more to confirm this impression.

The set is still very conservative as we didn't had much materials yet. I have the feeling he's good at short passing too.
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
Ocrin
Valued Contributor

Postby Ocrin » 2019 Feb 01, 23:43

https://streamable.com/nulyg
https://streamable.com/j1b1w

Bicyle kick attempt against Nice, as well as a goal.
Everyone knew it was impossible. Then came along a fool who didn't know it, and he did it.
Adrien
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby Adrien » 2019 Feb 02, 12:11

Everytime I'm seeing goals highlights of Lille, it's direct attack, very quick move from the back to the box. Really impressive pace overall in the team.
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
OlympiaCore
PSD Youth League

Postby OlympiaCore » 2019 Sep 22, 00:23

What a skilled boy he is! His dribble speed is just insane, unlike many milan players who have way overrated sets, Leao is the only one (beside Bennacer and Maybe Romagnoli) who deserves an upgrade.
I watched him in some full matches, and I can say he can easily be at 86-88 dribble speed, 87 TS, I'm not sure about an agility upgrade yet but +1 seems deserved.
Dribble accuracy can't be green anymore, he always keeps the ball very close to his feet even when running or on a fast move.. rarely lose it due to bad control, He can't get more than 82 DA for now but he's definitely yellow, I'd give him a +1 for technique as well.
His crossing is not bad at all, he very often crosses decently and puts some good power on his long passes every time, I see him 73 LPA 77 LPS.
Not to to forget that he is clearly an ambidextrous player, there's no to little difference between using his both legs, he just doesn't use his left foot too often. Having WFA 7 and WFF 6 or 5 is more than deserved for now.
antony
PSD Elite

Postby antony » 2019 Sep 22, 12:34

OlympiaCore wrote:What a skilled boy he is! His dribble speed is just insane, unlike many milan players who have way overrated sets, Leao is the only one (beside Bennacer and Maybe Romagnoli) who deserves an upgrade.
I watched him in some full matches, and I can say he can easily be at 86-88 dribble speed, 87 TS, I'm not sure about an agility upgrade yet but +1 seems deserved.
Dribble accuracy can't be green anymore, he always keeps the ball very close to his feet even when running or on a fast move.. rarely lose it due to bad control, He can't get more than 82 DA for now but he's definitely yellow, I'd give him a +1 for technique as well.
His crossing is not bad at all, he very often crosses decently and puts some good power on his long passes every time, I see him 73 LPA 77 LPS.
Not to to forget that he is clearly an ambidextrous player, there's no to little difference between using his both legs, he just doesn't use his left foot too often. Having WFA 7 and WFF 6 or 5 is more than deserved for now.

Good post, he looks very promising to me
Milan's left side chain is really interesting with him and Theo Hernández, Giampaolo needs to insist on them and benching Rodríguez and Calhanoglu
JS7
New Contributor

Postby JS7 » 2019 Sep 26, 22:59

Great potential, I'm impressed. Easily best player in AC Milan. Already. I see glimpses of Titì Henry in his game.
OlympiaCore
PSD Youth League

Postby OlympiaCore » 2019 Sep 27, 01:34

JS7 wrote:Great potential, I'm impressed. Easily best player in AC Milan. Already. I see glimpses of Titì Henry in his game.

Same, I started calling him "Henry light" some time ago.. about his stats I'd say his crossing is very good and better than his short n passing
JS7
New Contributor

Postby JS7 » 2019 Sep 29, 23:21

Scored his firts goal in an infamous night for ACM. His goal was very similar to one Henry managed to score some years ago in PL (I think was around 2003 or 04, maybe in a match at Highbury) and another scored by Shevchenko in first group stage of UCL 2000/01 against Besiktas.

He's golden material, no doubt. Right now I'd stay pretty conservative to be fair. Rise a bit technique (suggest 82) dribble accuracy (80), agility (83), rise quite strongly mentality (75), cause in such a difficult situation for team and teammates (considering is only a 19 years old with few pro games), he's proving to have a strong personality and no fear to try things.

He's 100% over 85 in terms of top speed, but cause of ACM kind of football (so horizontal and low pace, 90% of times against closed defences), we haven't had the real opportunity to see his full potential. Maybe I'd go with a provisional 87 .

Dribble speed something around 85. Plus he's a good crosser, but we have to watch more.
Last edited by JS7 on 2019 Sep 30, 07:58, edited 4 times in total.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2019 Sep 30, 00:07

Technically, he has alot of issues. He flails about on ball, gets muddled up in his own dribbling, isn't that far off tripping up sometimes. But at the same time, he demonstrates some very nice trickery, and even some nice ball manipulation, he has an interesting style of moving his body with the ball, which is unpredictable looking. He is not consistent with the good dribbling though, but the good dribbling does look very, very interesting.

His first touch is quite erratic, https://youtu.be/IIqhWdi1b-8?t=29, seems to have issues with the most basic of controls. A lot of balls bounce off of him.

https://youtu.be/IIqhWdi1b-8?t=76 like, what even was this, lol. thats a goal handed to you.

https://youtu.be/c3QHT4hklUs?t=179 I seen quite a few failings like this.

He is fast, tall and quite powerful though. You put average technicality on top of that, and that can be quite a combo, but he may be more than that, cause he has shown glimpses of higher tier technicality, but its weighed down with the average stuff and lack of consistency.

Hes very aggressive with using his speed and trying to beat people on the ball. He likes to get ahead of people and go very vertically, really using his pace to beat them and power to hold them off. Hes around the 84 mark for balance at least, hes hard to deal with due to the speed/power.

Hes actually not that dissimilar to Bebe. He does show some nice upper-tier dribbling, his goal today was magnificent. But he needs to tidy up, and work on that trapping. He clearly has a lot of power in everything he does, crosses/passes/shooting, but we aren't seeing much of any of them, for now hes very focused on trying to beat his man, or pass to the nearest. Was interesting seeing him vs godin, godin shut him down basically every time without any issues, that is godin though... and he knew not to give him anytime/space to work with.

I'd expect those issues I mentioned to be reoccurring parts of his game, that are unlikely to magically disappear, but he could certainly improve on them, but in the future, they could be real issues and I'd imagine them to plague him, his physicality though is exceptional and that is really a redeeming feature as he has the ability to open the game where most wouldn't. If he could maximize the later and minimize the former, he could be quite the threat. Thats a big IF though.
JS7
New Contributor

Postby JS7 » 2019 Sep 30, 07:12

jurgens wrote:Technically, he has alot of issues. He flails about on ball, gets muddled up in his own dribbling, isn't that far off tripping up sometimes. But at the same time, he demonstrates some very nice trickery, and even some nice ball manipulation, he has an interesting style of moving his body with the ball, which is unpredictable looking

Yeah, there's something aesthetical and natural about his moves, something reminds me of Ronaldo Nazario and Thierry Henry. Of course it's a stretch knowing who they were, but I'm confident about this kid.

Return to “AC Milan”