Diego Godín

Moderators: antony, Epsi, Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Diego Godín

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 10, 00:03

Full Name: Diego Roberto Godín Leal

Last edited by Markulur on 2009 Oct 03, 07:47, edited 2 times in total.
Arda T
PSD Youth League

Re: Diego Godín

Postby Arda T » 2014 May 29, 14:40

Why has Miranda a higher defence than Godin? Godin is the better defender. With these values he's nowhere the player he's in real life. For me the best defender of La Liga with Ramos. His heading should be around 88-90.
Fixer
PSD Backbone

Postby Fixer » 2014 May 29, 15:42

Because Miranda was updated, Godín wasn't, and Miranda is a more skilled defender than Godin. He is really, Godín has been superb and probably has made even less mistakes than Miranda, but individually I think that Miranda is more skilled. It's hard to say who's had a better season though, Godin's had some matches by the end of the season where he was like the best defender in the world, but Miranda was much better the first half of the season too, let's not forget about that.
antony wrote:when a player joins Atletico, Fixer gives him a +10 boost in stamina (Simeone's garra)

StannisTheMannis
Valued Contributor

Postby StannisTheMannis » 2014 May 29, 21:34

Suggestion time!

Ok, here are the tweaks I would make to him:

Attack --> 67
Defence --> 88
Header --> 88
SPA --> 75
DS --> 76
Jump --> 85
Injury tolerance --> B
Mentality --> 80

Attack, header and jump are related to his corner kicks, both in offense and defense (after all, Atletico has only conceded two goals from a corner kick in all the season, the Ramos one and one autogoal from Filipe against Levante), but also due to his tendency to join the attack like Ramos or Pique when things go bad and his actual prowess at doing so. He can position himself at least as good as a defensive SB, and may be one of the finest attacking CBs of Spain.

The SPA i think it is deserving, because he actually can play the ball. If you watch Atletico, if the ball falls to the CBs and there is no chance of a quick pass to the SBs, Miranda will always kick it as far as possible, while Godin will mix kicking it with managing a pass to the MFs, and he hasn't failed a single one of these in the whole season. These are not amazing passes, granted, but Godín is better than your average CB at it.

The DS goes for his sudden runs from the defense. Sometimes he gets the ball and start running towards the opposition field, and while not a fast player (TS speed) he is certainly better than a 72, he rarely gets caught before getting to the opposite field. his robotic movements with the ball are still explained by his explosive power.

IT C is ridiculous at best, he hasn't been injured more than a couple matches since Simeone arrived as far as I know.
"Her own father got this child on her? We are well rid of her, then. I will not suffer such abominations here. This is not King's Landing."
Fixer
PSD Backbone

Postby Fixer » 2014 May 30, 10:45

Soo shall we go for something like that?
antony wrote:when a player joins Atletico, Fixer gives him a +10 boost in stamina (Simeone's garra)

donkenke
New Stat Maker

Postby donkenke » 2014 Jun 05, 04:49

Fixer wrote:Because Miranda was updated, Godín wasn't, and Miranda is a more skilled defender than Godin. He is really, Godín has been superb and probably has made even less mistakes than Miranda, but individually I think that Miranda is more skilled. It's hard to say who's had a better season though, Godin's had some matches by the end of the season where he was like the best defender in the world, but Miranda was much better the first half of the season too, let's not forget about that.

Miranda>Godin no doubt, but during this season, i didnt see that gap between them, in terms of attack, defense and response. 65-67 could be his range for attack, and 87 suit him better than 85 in defense.
Maybe 88 defense, 85 response, or 87 defense, 86 response, i think is a matter of testing in pes which combination suite him best. But 85-85 seems to low for the fantastic performances he made in the last part of the season.
Korinov
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby Korinov » 2014 Jun 05, 08:54

StannisTheMannis wrote:Attack, header and jump are related to his corner kicks, both in offense and defense (after all, Atletico has only conceded two goals from a corner kick in all the season, the Ramos one and one autogoal from Filipe against Levante), but also due to his tendency to join the attack like Ramos or Pique when things go bad and his actual prowess at doing so. He can position himself at least as good as a defensive SB, and may be one of the finest attacking CBs of Spain.

Attack is unrelated to scoring proficiency in corner kicks, only jump and header matter there. I'm saying this because in the past we tended to rate CB's attack by how they fared in corner kicks, resulting in things like Puyol or Terry getting 70s attack rating, which was completely unnecesary.

It's just a clarification, and the rest of your argument is valid, I don't really disagree with an ATT raise, just wanted to point that out.
Image Korinov la Komadreja
Spoiler: show
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
amine wrote:Spanish vodoo is real. That’s my takeaway from this. When my gran children ask me about it, i’ll tell them about the era of xosé the great
StannisTheMannis
Valued Contributor

Postby StannisTheMannis » 2014 Jun 07, 12:02

Then I don't think attack should be increased that much. He still makes some dangerous runs, but he doesn't position himself any better than most CBs. Maybe a small rise, or not to touch the attack at all.
"Her own father got this child on her? We are well rid of her, then. I will not suffer such abominations here. This is not King's Landing."
Rainquel
PSD Youth League

Postby Rainquel » 2014 Jun 19, 01:39

His header and jump is higher, no doubt about that. His BB looks too weak..
mr.Boss
PSD Elite

Postby mr.Boss » 2014 Jun 24, 18:12

When will he be updated ? The suggestions of StannisTheMannis looks very good IMO , but i suggest even a bit higher HEA like 89 .
PMTP & Mia San Mia
Fides

Postby Fides » 2014 Jun 25, 07:21

Well is it his heading? Or more his timing/jumping/something else?
josev
Regular Poster

Postby josev » 2014 Jun 25, 11:08

but you can't head the ball cleanly if you don't get your timing right
TeamGrizi
New Stat Maker

Postby TeamGrizi » 2015 Aug 20, 02:04

Miranda is gone now Godin is the best defender in Atletico and La Liga with Ramos his overall rating is 88 in my Pes 2015 PC , suggestion header and jump could be in low orange 90-91 will fit for him cause he is good in aerial duel
Fixer
PSD Backbone

Postby Fixer » 2016 Feb 09, 16:26

If I am to be truly honest, his def is still too low. Miranda was given a higher value at his peak, but Godín is a better defender now than Miranda was when he was the best in La Liga. Right now Godín has very few rivals when it comes to defending quality. One of the best defenders of the past few years.

jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2016 Feb 09, 16:59

give him what you honestly feel he deserves, I'm all for it... hes impressed me more than any cb in serie a/prem in the last 2 years
Fixer
PSD Backbone

Postby Fixer » 2016 Feb 10, 11:36

I left response as it was, not sure what value he could use other than that. I did increase his teamwork significantly though. I'm also updating Giménez.

Relja
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Relja » 2016 Apr 06, 01:51

Great defender, but also risky. He's so responsive and he used to have Miranda alongside him who was great in covering, and i disagree that he's better now than Miranda at his prime. Miranda is more clever, but they were perfect together. Godin is top class man marker and he's amazing in intercepions, but i see his teamwork overrated, and him as a wild but great player. His response can easily reach the orange value, and the teamwork can go somewhere in Thiago Silva's region, about 78.
2headedEagle
Regular Poster

Postby 2headedEagle » 2016 Apr 13, 02:53

This set shows that He's better than Terry in His prime, which is so untrue .
Spain always had shitty defenders that's why Godin can shine there, put Godin on premier league and see what happens .
From the world of darkness I did loose demons and devils in the power of scorpions to torment.
Fixer
PSD Backbone

Postby Fixer » 2016 Apr 13, 10:47

Flawless logic from someone who has just unconsciously admitted that doesn't watch him. Put some Neymar - Suarez - Messi in front of any of those EPL defenders and see what happens, they'll all shit their pants. Stop overrating EPL pls.

Epsi

Postby Epsi » 2016 Apr 13, 11:27

He's probably the best defender in the world. Barzagli is just half step behind him. He's a great intercepter and pretty much flawless. I'd honestly put him some points higher in teamwork also.
TheGreatest
PSD Youth League

Postby TheGreatest » 2016 Apr 13, 18:06

Hey, putting myself in this discussion i too do not agree with Godín having red defense.

The defensive system of Atlético(Uruguay NT too, but in a lesser extent) helps him a lot to look better that he actually is. Don't get me wrong, he is pretty good, but i don't see any CB currently having red Def(the last one was Thiago Silva from some years ago). He commits too many faults for my taste, even with the defensive system protecting him from having to tackle directly most of times. What he does most of times is cover work and he is great at it, no doubt.

Look at Thiago Silva again, he has to face directly the opponents to cover the front of the area, the sides sometimes and even his shithead partner David Luiz, all by himself.

I would much rather, giving him orange Res, and dropping his Def BY 1/2 points, since he has great antecipation sense but his tackling is doubtful. He could have red HEADER btw, his goal ratio is insane and his header technique is pretty great too, being able to score even when pressured, or from difficult positions.

Return to “FC Internazionale Milano”