PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Marek Hamšík, Dalian Yifang

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 10, 12:12

PIPA23
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Marek Hamšík

Postby PIPA23 » 2016 May 29, 21:06

what a goal in friendly against Germany....
PIPA23

Postby PIPA23 » 2016 Jun 15, 20:11

say whaaaat? fantastic assist and goal vs Russia...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfCvFink_c8

he is on fire.
PIPA23

Postby PIPA23 » 2016 Jun 16, 07:11

He is finally performing for our NT same way he is performing for Napoli... for years we had bad players but now the quality of our football is on rise, and we have very talented U21 players just waiting to be introduced to senior squad for WC qualification... Hamsik will always perform better sorounded by better quality.. but his timing of form couldn´t be better...starting with a wonder goal against Germany in preparation for EURO, where we beat them... almost a goal against Wales where he was realy unlucky..could have been a fantastic goal..and now with assist and a wonder goal against Russia...it almost reminded me of PES how it went from the bar to the net..it was just perfect.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2016 Jul 14, 05:06

why was his wfa lowered?
antony
PSD Elite

Postby antony » 2017 Mar 09, 14:41

Form 7 is just wrong in my eyes, if he has a weakness is the consistency.. else he could be a real top.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2017 Mar 09, 15:43

you think he isnt a real top player?
mr.Boss
PSD Elite

Postby mr.Boss » 2017 Mar 09, 19:40

Guys , this set looks almost perfect and needs just some small changes . DS should go a bit down cause he isn't fast with or without the ball and doesn't tries to run at full speed with the ball , also he can't be for example over Nainggolan in that aspect ;) . IT should be A for sure , the last time he was injured was in November-December 2013 , since then he has never been injured so i can't see any reason why not having IT A for Hamsik and the last thing is his WFF which should be 8 without doubts IMO ;) .
PMTP & Mia San Mia
antony
PSD Elite

Postby antony » 2017 Mar 09, 19:47

jurgens wrote:you think he isnt a real top player?

no.. he is very good but always disappeares in the decisive moments and games of the season.. a good player for teams like Napoli with all the respect.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2017 Mar 09, 20:52

dissapears in what regard? hes a transitional playmaker and his transitional play is fucking crazy good, almost unrivaled. His consistency is unquestionable to me, napolis rise is testament to his consistency. I don't get how he dissapers, cause he isn't scoring?
antony
PSD Elite

Postby antony » 2017 Mar 09, 21:57

jurgens wrote:dissapears in what regard? hes a transitional playmaker and his transitional play is fucking crazy good, almost unrivaled. His consistency is unquestionable to me, napolis rise is testament to his consistency. I don't get how he dissapers, cause he isn't scoring?

you see him playing good in those last weeks just for example? i mean with Juve or Real.. he is very good player obviously but not to be a starter in any european top team. but this speech has value for almost all Napoli players imho.. they play goof they say? yes but in the decisive matches their players always showing that aren't good enough to win.. but this isn't only regard Hamsik.. Insigne is just another example
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2017 Mar 09, 22:09

yeah i saw him playing good? what does the result have to do with him as a player? He did what he always does, feeds the frontline and transitions play so quickly, could have created several goals, same with insigne
you are putting too much weight in the result, a result does not dictate a players worth, if ramos hadnt of scored those 2 headers it would have been another story. if napoli had of finished all the chances insigne created vs juventus/madrid, then what? It doesn't change anything, he did his job regardless if the team capitalized or not, you are putting too much stock on what the team does, rather than the player

hamsik is better than 90% of the cmfs in the world, so I don't know which top teams he wouldn't play for, truly. imediate upgrade for almost every team that plays with a 3 man mid
antony
PSD Elite

Postby antony » 2017 Mar 09, 22:17

jurgens wrote:yeah i saw him playing good? what does the result have to do with him as a player? He did what he always does, feeds the frontline and transitions play so quickly, could have created several goals, same with insigne
you are putting too much stock in the result, as result does not dictate a players worth, if ramos hadnt of scored those 2 headers it would have been another story. if napoli had of finished all the chances insigne created vs juventus, then what? It doesn't change anything, he did his job regardless if the team capitalized or not

hamsik is better than 90% of the cmfs in the world, so I don't know which top teams he wouldn't play for.

we have two different visions, i only say that he isn't a player to dream for... for me Modric is a top not Hamsik.. but is only my opinion.. actually i find a general overvaluation for Napoli and Roma players to be honest.. not only on the forums but in general
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2017 Mar 09, 22:21

genuinely curious, what in your view, does modric do that hamsik doesn't? And if you don't mind answering, how often do you see modric?
regalcalcio
New Contributor

Postby regalcalcio » 2017 Apr 04, 17:27

jurgens wrote:genuinely curious, what in your view, does modric do that hamsik doesn't? And if you don't mind answering, how often do you see modric?
As Vickingo alluded to in late 2013 together with jurgens' recent attempt to ignite the discussion and alteration of this celestial players' attributes, it is again rebutted by individuals who seem hang onto myths of subjectivity, generated from their lacklustre viewing of a 'big' games, usually finished off by 'He went invisible against Real Madrid', whereas in reality he outperformed Kroos and Modrić over the two legs, if one pays attention to the number of high quality individual actions made per ninety five minutes. The aforementioned comments often derive from large Serie A club supporters who are quick to reduce Hamšik when asked by outsiders to the Italian league. Their regular mild reviews of him are then perceived as truths by the outsiders who believe they're listening to experts, so the perception of the player remains at a securely above-average/mediocre level, otherwise a cyclical dialogue that has lead to injustice.

To produce consecutive collections of masterpiece performances each season, yet be shunned to cliché statements from the mainstream such as 'Oh my he is so underrated' or 'I can't believe no one has signed him yet' would't happen in any other field of expertise. No doubt these small time tributes will resurface once Marek surpassed the Napoli goalscoring record.
Why do we have to wait for a hindsight view in a decades time to notice the greatness and consistency Hamšik has provided, where our preconceived biases are omitting this man a place within the best attacking midfielders of the past twenty years and the greatest performing midfielder this year.
If we conduct a thought experiment where Hamšik was contracted to an elite European club (UCL Semi-final Standard)
as well as representing a higher ranked nation, the perception of his abilities would rise astronomically, because ultimately this the means by which the greatest are judged.

I find that there is an unwritten requirement to study more than eight entire performances to fill in the picture of an individuals' skillset and repertoire, while keeping in mind contextual information, such as their structural reliance, teammate quality, managerial freedom/instructions and the opponents' competency.
Even after observation, the addition of specified statistical objectivity which in turn can form useful analytical conclusions gives us a fuller comprehension of a player.
Subsequent to this post I will attempt to explain my argument regarding the current and recent recognition of Marek Hamšik.
Vickingo
PSD Backbone

Postby Vickingo » 2017 Apr 04, 23:16

As Vickingo alluded to in late 2013 together with jurgens' recent attempt to ignite the discussion and alteration of this celestial players' attributes.

What did I say about him? Just posted a vid...geniunely asking cause I don't find my comment towards him :lol:
regalcalcio
New Contributor

Postby regalcalcio » 2017 Apr 05, 06:50

Part [1/4]

Keep in mind the following figures shown are domestic league season stats only, because by having a larger sample space we trigger more validity that allows us to see the output consistency of a player, instead of using just tournament numbers which would cause variance in the outcomes and maybe overstated/understate values.
In fact Hamšik's consistent durability over a season, has been displayed since 2007 where he has featured in +90% of domestic fixtures bar 2013-14. In contrast to his attacking midfield competitors who all fall between the ~60-80% range of appearances. Therefore consistency should be rewarded, instead of praising for instance the short lived production of say Thiago Alcântara who has displayed his excellent abilities for a maximum of four seasons. If one was to look at his career through an all competitions lens then the consistent greatness is even more clear, playing over 40 games since 2010.

The mythical notion that exists of Marek's lack of presence in big games can be brushed aside if look at his performance scores regarding such matches so far this season.

For instance, his impact against Inter this season, can be seen through his influential magnitude and advanced position within his team's passing network, where he individually gathered 6% of his team's possession with 75 minutes on the field, such a percentage is amplified if we understand the difficulty of receiving and playing passes in the half space Hamšik was operating.
With such possession he is incisive, for example earning more key passes (3) than the entire Juventus squad last Sunday, additionally making five against Roma in early March.

The following footage are the only just portrayals online of Hamšik's performances over the last year, however I will share some of my library of full Hamšik games if anyone is interested.

regalcalcio
New Contributor

Postby regalcalcio » 2017 Apr 05, 08:13

Part [2/4]

Below are some key numerical performance indicators of the past eight seasons, where we can see his production from predominantly open play, which in my opinion is of a higher difficulty then say set piece creation, as the tempo and rhythm of the play is taken into account. A differing technique required to that of Toni Kroos' seven assists from set pieces this season. Our player in question doesn't have this dependency on such a genre of creativity, instead underneath is a look at how Hamšik fairs in basic metrics of creation for an attacking midfielder; Figure 1 Total Assists - Per Season / Figure 2 Average Key Passes - Per Game / Figure 3 Total Goals - Per Season

Image fig.1

Image fig.2

Image fig.3

22 of these goals have come from his left foot, making him one of the most ambidextrous player in the past decade. However this bilaterally is split into categories where shooting, passing and dribbling are all seperate skills and aren't entirely related as people believe.
The first two Hamšik has mastered, but of the hardest to acquire and extremely rare amongst players is the ability to perform weak foot dribbling actions. This attribute is one Marek's weaknesses, as we often see his lack of press resistance causing him to lose possession.
Let's not confuse though the action of beating an opponent 1 vs 1 with the move of regate or progressing the ball forward in open space, the former requires flair while the latter demands control. Here in Figure 4 we can notice his productivity in terms of Average Take Ons - Per Game;

Image fig.4

Hamšik overcomes tight spaced situations however by making use of one of his outright weapons in the one touch pass, he gains the advantage or numerical superiority by playing the pass forwards when the opposing defenders haven't yet set a correct body position, which leaves gaps to be exploited. This skill is mostly where his two-footedness comes into devastating affect, before completing his pass he has a large angular range to penetrate spaces in various directions, this can be witnessed in his assist for Insigne at the Bernabéu. Often his execution of the ball speed is weighted precisely, the pace the ball travels at is faster then a player would reach dribbling in the same trajectory, therefore we can evaluate this skill above that of dribbling, but only in some circumstances. Because regularly the differential factors at the highest level are related to speed, distance, space and split second timing.
Nevertheless occasionally I see his Napoli teammates not understanding his possible game influence, preferring to practice their egos by attempting an action past their technical capacity rather than giving the ball to Marek for a most likely better outcome. As I stated in part one, these factors can have an impact on the players overall individual contribution, often it minimises Hamšik's potential and amount of touches as is visible in Figure 5 for Average Passes - Per Game;

Image fig.5
regalcalcio
New Contributor

Postby regalcalcio » 2017 Apr 05, 09:59

Part [3/4]

If we compare his statistical output in Figure 6, versus his fellow attack minded midfielders in the past two league seasons, he outperforms his contingent in an overall sense. However I want to emphasise that the statistical evidence provided, only give us a glimpse into the player's quality, so to avoid drastic conclusions from the data such as Pogba > Iniesta, a player who has maintained a level far beyond any of the other names mentioned until his slight decline this season, due only to injury interruptions causing a lack of match consistency.

Image fig.6

I've included in the data a copy of Andrea Pirlo's numerical productivity in the 2012/13 league season, which shows uncanny similarities to Hamšik recent output. Whereas the footballing society ranks Pirlo in the upper echelons of historic playmakers, Marek is nowhere to be seen in such hierarchies. Here I'm not comparing play styles as much as output, because for instance the difference in mobility between Andrea and Marek is plainly evident.
Also keep in mind for example the amount of forward passes that are available or that can be executed are increased the deeper back a player is positioned within the fluid formation of players.
Furthermore numbers cannot reveal the technicality of an action only witnessed through viewing, subtleties such as the spin added in order for the trajectory of a pass to enter the runners narrow pathway or the disguise/reverse pass which alters the direction of attack. These details and many more are especially what's lacking when one tries to statistically analyse creative midfielders.

From this if we look at Hamšik's current palette of player attributes, Figure 7, we see that reality hasn't been translated into merit on this database as well as other places. I make this point not be overly critical of the respective editors of players, as I know how vast this database is, so not every individual can be attended to regularly. Although as I stated in my first post, other intelligent and knowledgable members have seen this discrepancy for Hamšik but it didn't come to fruition.

Image fig.7 Hamšik

The above collection of attributes when contrasted against more appraised players, such as Kevin De Bruyne (Figure 8), Andrea Pirlo's 2011-14 set (Figure 9), seems to me an illogical differences in quality.

Image fig.8 De Bruyne

Image fig.9 Pirlo
regalcalcio
New Contributor

Postby regalcalcio » 2017 Apr 05, 10:08

Part [4/4]

The qualities Hamšik has displayed over his career are reminiscent of Michel Platini's skillset,
Pointing to the similarity between the players is done via the notion of their collective qualities which are compounded to form their play styles and ability, instead of having the limiting viewpoint of looking through personal accolades and team titles won.
In a world where the latter is practiced, juxtaposing these two individuals would been seen as crazy.
Whereas I don't place such a weighting on silverware when pronouncing a players ability.
As Pep Guardiola stated - The Ballon D'or is worth nothing because Michael Laudrup never won it.'

The strengths of the Plantini and Hamšik respective repertoires are very alike, inclusive of their range of passing, lack of press resistance, goalscoring awareness, linear body types, elegant first touches, third man runs, half space positioning, non-verbal leadership and their panoramic vision of the field.
I own 60+ complete performances of Platini and 90+ of Hamšik, so I am in an informed position to see such similarities, but as overall players, I still rank the French playmaker above Marek, who's not far behind. If you pay attention to the media below you can witness the resemblance.

We need to question the sizeable gulf between Hamšik's set and Michel Platini's values as portrayed in Figure 10, otherwise I'm not convinced of this large separation in quality/individual ability, and the impoverishment of Marek's playing career that undoubtedly has a few more years remaining.

Image fig.10 pt1
Image fig.10 pt2
regalcalcio
New Contributor

Postby regalcalcio » 2017 Jun 11, 16:14

Marek is currently is on the brink of holding various national and club records at the age of 30

Slovakian National Team

Club Appearances

Club Goals

Furthermore adding another string to his bow, with an excellent freekick last night, increasing the chances of him captaining his nation in Russia next year

Return to “East Asia”