Oriello wrote:"Argentine playmaker made 109 appearances for Dallas, scoring 23 goals and recorded 88 assists." Was an integral part of Dallas.
I only seen a few games with him, he seemed like a nice player, I think there might be a bit more to him than first post, but I can't really suggest anything specific..I'm certain that he is bit more useful defending with the team and DEF/RESP should be a bit higher, presses for the ball and can win it back without fouling.
Oriello wrote:What? From what I read and heard commentators talk about, this was that Mauro wanted, hoping Dallas let him realize a financial dream after performing for the club for so many seasons, not that the coach wanted to move a big creative piece of their attack out of the team mid season with no replacement (that helped them be top of the West) because he wanted to play less creative/stronger mid.
I may be off about his defensive abilities, I only seen a little of him, but it stood out, his work rate in the defensive phase.
Update him with what numbers though?
petarpan wrote:Oriello wrote:I am sure that his technical abilities need an upgrade and especially passing (8 assists in 12 games this season). I did not watch a lot of his games this season to suggest exact numbers, but I guess that the post above that proposes some numbers is a good point to start. What do you say?
petarpan wrote:"That was a wonderful pass... he was very deep in that play, strajder was saying Aggression 85 ."
I definitely don't see his aggression being that high, but from the way the suggestions are sorted in that post, I believe that he meant agility and not aggression, which makes more sense to me.
Anyway, I tried to collect some evidences of his skills which you can find in the following yt videos (please note that some of them are not very recent):
- mentioned assist at 1:21 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwRA5l94NLc
- great through ball at 2:08 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuJTJLlh03g
- nicely timed pass from 2:11/ fine assist after nice one-two at 2:26/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6kiAgoVjGg
- strajder's suggestion: some nice moves before providing a great chipped ball at 2:35/ but also a cool first touch lobbed pass at 0:30/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd06CLnECqg
- great through pass at 1:32/ gives away the ball, but then fights to win it back and provides a nice assist at 3:00 https:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6hwcx_NOOY
- nice one-two chipped pass at 2:31 and then some nice moves in the continuation of the action/ good delivery from a corner at 0:20 and a free kick at 3:45 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=047oIRCL780
- a highlight video from 2016 with a free kick goal and some nice assists and an outside of the box goal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDgC5WLiaBc
Overall conclusion from videos: great technique, especially when it comes to kicking a ball, mainly passing, seems not to move much on the pitch (usually waits for the ball between the lines), noticed that he has a great first touch chipped pass which may be his trademark move (he did it several times after one-twos), and also his corner and free kick deliveries appear to be very solid, in addition, he scored a lot of penalty goals, so penalty card should be also considered
As regards the forums, he is often compared to Giovinco, usually naming those two the most exciting players in the league and players with greatest flair, but while Giovinco is seen as a potent scorer, Nonito is noted to be more of a conductor/ architect.
strajder wrote:Two assists in the opening fixture vs Philadelphia. This guy plays great, a real enganche. Update is needed ASAP!!! Especially in passing.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests