Mauro Díaz, Al-Ahli

Moderators: Helios, Mod's, Helios, Mod's

PES Stats Database

Mauro Díaz, Al-Ahli

Postby PES Stats Database » 2009 Sep 23, 15:43

Last edited by jorgecavs on 2013 May 04, 14:09, edited 3 times in total.
chamakh

Re: Mauro Díaz, FC Dallas

Postby chamakh » 2015 Oct 17, 02:49

strajder

Postby strajder » 2015 Nov 09, 11:33

Watched the last night's game vs Seattle which was actually second leg of the MLS Cup. Despite not scoring (he converted a penalty in the shootout) or providing assist, this guy was arguably the best player on the pitch. I have not seen anyone playing with such ease and elegance lately. His dribbling, his moves, amazing first touch, great passing, through balls, everything was top class. And he was playing like that throughout the whole season during which he scored 8 goals and provided 11 assists in just 20 matches. He really reminds me of Pablo Aimar.

I believe this guy needs an update ASAP. Just try to find some of his skills on youtube and everything will be more clear to you.

You can also see fantastic piece of skill at 2:35 of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd06CLnECqg
strajder

Postby strajder » 2016 Mar 11, 08:31

Two assists in the opening fixture vs Philadelphia. This guy plays great, a real enganche. Update is needed ASAP!!! Especially in passing.

My suggestions:

AGG: 85
DA: 84
SPA: 84
LPA: 83
FK: 82
CUR: 80
TECH: 86
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6hwcx_NOOY
Oriello

Re: Mauro Díaz, Al-Ahli

Postby Oriello » 2018 Jul 05, 02:48

"Argentine playmaker made 109 appearances for Dallas, scoring 23 goals and recorded 88 assists." Was an integral part of Dallas.

I only seen a few games with him, he seemed like a nice player, I think there might be a bit more to him than first post, but I can't really suggest anything specific..I'm certain that he is bit more useful defending with the team and DEF/RESP should be a bit higher, presses for the ball and can win it back without fouling.
petarpan

Postby petarpan » 2018 Jul 05, 10:20

Oriello wrote:"Argentine playmaker made 109 appearances for Dallas, scoring 23 goals and recorded 88 assists." Was an integral part of Dallas.

I only seen a few games with him, he seemed like a nice player, I think there might be a bit more to him than first post, but I can't really suggest anything specific..I'm certain that he is bit more useful defending with the team and DEF/RESP should be a bit higher, presses for the ball and can win it back without fouling.

I am not sure about his defending - I actually think that he is very bad when defending (that's why he was sold as the coach preferred a stronger midfield with a box-to-box midfielder in place of Maurito). What I am sure is that he definitely needs an update, and especially for his dribbling, passing and technique. 88 assists in 109 games is amazing and I believe that passing (through passes) is the strongest area of his game.

So, anyone willing to update him?
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2018 Jul 05, 20:16

What? From what I read and heard commentators talk about, this was that Mauro wanted, hoping Dallas let him realize a financial dream after performing for the club for so many seasons, not that the coach wanted to move a big creative piece of their attack out of the team mid season with no replacement (that helped them be top of the West) because he wanted to play less creative/stronger mid.

I may be off about his defensive abilities, I only seen a little of him, but it stood out, his work rate in the defensive phase.

Update him with what numbers though?
petarpan

Postby petarpan » 2018 Jul 07, 11:07

Oriello wrote:What? From what I read and heard commentators talk about, this was that Mauro wanted, hoping Dallas let him realize a financial dream after performing for the club for so many seasons, not that the coach wanted to move a big creative piece of their attack out of the team mid season with no replacement (that helped them be top of the West) because he wanted to play less creative/stronger mid.

I may be off about his defensive abilities, I only seen a little of him, but it stood out, his work rate in the defensive phase.

Update him with what numbers though?

Before the start of the season there were some rumours that Diaz was set to leave as the coach wanted to utilize 4-3-3 (and possibly 4-4-2) formation (which is why he played some of the games this season as a winger), but also as questions of his inconsistency were raised. It is true that he came and asked if they could let him leave, but from what I read there is an impression that the club already anticipated that.

Anyway, I am not really convinced about his defensive abilities, but I am sure that his technical abilities need an upgrade and especially passing (8 assists in 12 games this season). I did not watch a lot of his games this season to suggest exact numbers, but I guess that the post above that proposes some numbers is a good point to start. What do you say?
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2018 Jul 09, 22:46

petarpan wrote:
Oriello wrote:I am sure that his technical abilities need an upgrade and especially passing (8 assists in 12 games this season). I did not watch a lot of his games this season to suggest exact numbers, but I guess that the post above that proposes some numbers is a good point to start. What do you say?

The statistic record Diaz has, Kaku of RBNY bettered it, 10 assists in 12 games (minus last nights loss), and I currently see Kaku as SPA/SPS 80/72 and LPA/LPS 79/77 (he has *Passing of which I do not know if Diaz deserves/plays that way) - I cannot really infer how accurate or what type of passer Diaz is from those assist numbers, its just an overall statistic that is impressive, yeah it tells me he was effective but not what his passes are like.

I looked through some of strajder's other suggestions on PSD to see if they got traction - to see if he was on point/reliable - Le Celso is close to value he proposed a few years back, in some classic players he went a bit over in his recommendations. I don't deny Diaz could be better than first post, but I do not want to blindly raise his values - as I cannot judge strajder's values...I might if I have time try to review Diaz a bit and see if I can see something more from him. You too are welcome to look through match highlights and post examples, that you could pick out to confirm he is indeed much more technical.

Do you follow FC Dallas in MLS? If so I could use your input on their players, I didn't get to watch too much of them this season and only have vague impressions of the players, now that they overtook Kansas, I'm more willing to watch and maybe add the team eventually (though from when I watched them they tend to grind, annoying for a neutral like me)
petarpan

Postby petarpan » 2018 Jul 10, 14:32

I do not really follow FC Dallas, but I just follow certain players I happen to like, including Diaz. Actually, I do not really 'like' them, but as I used to have them in my River Plate ML team once - that unbreakable bond was created. :)

I did not suggest to follow strictly strajder's suggestions, but to take them as a starting point for deliberation in what direction these stats should go. Unfortunately, as I mentioned in my previous post, I did not watch a lot of his games this season, but I remember 3 assists vs Galaxy and an amazing one vs Rapids (here it is at 1:21 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwRA5l94NLc). As regards the comparison with Gamarra, Kaku is a pacey winger whose assists come more from impeccable crosses rather than from 'pinpoint' passes (e.g. through balls, chip passes) of a playmaker like Mauro which is why I rate him better at passing.

Anyway, I do not think it would be fair from me to suggest any concrete values as I have not seen many of his games lately, but I still advocate for a slight increase in his technical skills (esp. passing). I do not know if videos can be of much help as they are usually highlights (so often misleading), but I will look through forums and may be able to shed some light on the issue. If someone else can help evaluate him better, that would be perfect.
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2018 Jul 10, 23:32

Highlights at least can show me what he is capable of, we miss out on his unsuccessful attempts but get an idea of what he can do. With strajder's values in mind, we/I could get a better handle of where he is at (other's, like you, saying he is much better than greens, with footage is good to change things, especially if there is a large sample size of success).

That was a wonderful pass... he was very deep in that play, strajder was saying Aggression 85 :?.

Kaku maybe was a winger before, but at Red Bulls he is a deeper AMF, who has freedom to float wide, but he has mainly been "crossing" from deep half spaces for a runner or hitting low flight lobbed passes, and his SPA has been decent. I actually find his regular crosses from the wing to be over hit less effective. He is a bright spot for Red Bulls, but a bit messy sometimes and disappears too often.
petarpan

Postby petarpan » 2018 Jul 11, 13:56

"That was a wonderful pass... he was very deep in that play, strajder was saying Aggression 85 :?."

I definitely don't see his aggression being that high, but from the way the suggestions are sorted in that post, I believe that he meant agility and not aggression, which makes more sense to me.

Anyway, I tried to collect some evidences of his skills which you can find in the following yt videos (please note that some of them are not very recent):
- mentioned assist at 1:21 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwRA5l94NLc
- great through ball at 2:08 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuJTJLlh03g
- nicely timed pass from 2:11/ fine assist after nice one-two at 2:26/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6kiAgoVjGg
- strajder's suggestion: some nice moves before providing a great chipped ball at 2:35/ but also a cool first touch lobbed pass at 0:30/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd06CLnECqg
- great through pass at 1:32/ gives away the ball, but then fights to win it back and provides a nice assist at 3:00 https:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6hwcx_NOOY
- nice one-two chipped pass at 2:31 and then some nice moves in the continuation of the action/ good delivery from a corner at 0:20 and a free kick at 3:45 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=047oIRCL780
- a highlight video from 2016 with a free kick goal and some nice assists and an outside of the box goal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDgC5WLiaBc

Overall conclusion from videos: great technique, especially when it comes to kicking a ball, mainly passing, seems not to move much on the pitch (usually waits for the ball between the lines), noticed that he has a great first touch chipped pass which may be his trademark move (he did it several times after one-twos), and also his corner and free kick deliveries appear to be very solid, in addition, he scored a lot of penalty goals, so penalty card should be also considered

As regards the forums, he is often compared to Giovinco, usually naming those two the most exciting players in the league and players with greatest flair, but while Giovinco is seen as a potent scorer, Nonito is noted to be more of a conductor/ architect.

Return to “West Asia”