PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Tanguy Ndombele

Postby PES Stats Database » 2018 Jan 30, 22:01

Morón
New Contributor

Re: Tanguy Ndombele

Postby Morón » 2019 Aug 10, 20:32

Today it was obvious that he enjoys being a holding mifielder. Winks started as one, with Ndombele playing in more advanced position. But he's not the player for that role. He's the one that recieves the ball directly from a centre back and then drives the ball forward . He's an exceptional player, and since he started to play in his natural position, Tottenham scored 3 (Tanguy himself scored one). He can do all that Harry does, he can keep things tidy and simple when needed, he can recycle the possesion, but also offers much more in terms of adventorous passing, both between the lines or behind the-line, can play one two's, can dribble himself. I am really curious to see the midfield trio of Ndombele, Eriksen and Lo Celso, with Tanguy being on top, Lo Celso on the left and Eriksen on the right. That's just different class. Top passers with different extra qualities.
Morón
New Contributor

Postby Morón » 2019 Aug 10, 23:33

Just a minor update. I am watching the replay, paying greater attention to details. Ndombele has defensive issues! I noticed that when watching his games from Lyon, and some of those mistakes are noticeable now. He has issues with pressing, he's regularly a step or two behind the player that he presses. In one situation, his positioning and awereness + communication were very questionable.

Really late to press Taylor here

He was player closest to Trezeguet here. He didn't communicate with any of teammates to pay attention, he just walked away, and finally, that's a pretty bad position. He did fuck all, marked nobody, didn't cut passing lanes.

He'll really need to improve his defending.

Also, the Egyptian is one to watch. His off the ball movement seems spectacularly good.
pcrooce
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby pcrooce » 2019 Aug 11, 01:45

TheEngineer
New Contributor

Postby TheEngineer » 2020 Jan 02, 03:21

I'd say that his Injury tolerance should be C. He's been injuried almost the whole season :(

Edit: Yesterday Mourinho said that Ndombele has had 7 injuries since he arrived to Spurs, so come on... That's totally abnormal, he definitely needs IT: C
josev
Regular Poster

Postby josev » 2020 Jan 07, 00:05

that change makes sense but i'd like to know if these injuries were persistent in his career before tottenham, often players would fail to heal their injuries in time and rush back, get injured again, until they get proper time to rest, heal and gain full fitness, maybe he's also adapting to harsher physical requirements of the new team and league, especially since he started with pochettino who's known for his harsh training sessions that made many players (seem) injury-prone and be out for most of the season, like dele, dier, lamela, aurier, wanyama, it really is quite a common thing at tottenham
TheEngineer
New Contributor

Postby TheEngineer » 2020 Jan 09, 13:43

josev wrote:that change makes sense but i'd like to know if these injuries were persistent in his career before tottenham, often players would fail to heal their injuries in time and rush back, get injured again, until they get proper time to rest, heal and gain full fitness, maybe he's also adapting to harsher physical requirements of the new team and league, especially since he started with pochettino who's known for his harsh training sessions that made many players (seem) injury-prone and be out for most of the season, like dele, dier, lamela, aurier, wanyama, it really is quite a common thing at tottenham

Yeah, but in this particular case it seems to be more like a psychological problem than a physical adaptation. Before his last (and recent) injury against Saints, Ndombele told that he felt if he play that last game, he would get injured in any moment... and here we are :lol:.

It's as if he felt nervous about going out to play, but the funny thing is that when he plays for Spurs, he usually does it in an amazing way, so his situation is very, very strange.
It'd be something like an "emotional overload" (?).

Edit: Well, when Kane suffered his 3 last injuries, his IT was automatically dropped to C, but when he returned to play, he remained "stable" within his physical health.
It isn't that he's "crystal skin" (IDK how to say it) like Reus, Robben, or even Lamela. So I don't see the reason why Kane does, and Ndombele doesn't. Remember that it have been 7 injuries in something like 6 months, it's something really abnormal!!!! He has more injuries than months living in London :|.
josev
Regular Poster

Postby josev » 2020 Jan 09, 14:32

i see your concern, but like you've mentioned, it:c is for those really fragile players, and kane could be back to it:b too, i wasn't the one who changed him. i'll probably change ndombele later to c if he continues getting injured like that by the end of the season

Return to “Tottenham Hotspur FC”