PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Ben White

Postby PES Stats Database » 2019 Sep 12, 17:55

anOKguy
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Ben White

Postby anOKguy » 2019 Dec 13, 20:55

Been absolutely phenomenal for them, came out of nowhere too. Making Jansson look replaceable and a top performer at the position this season. Going to be getting some upgrades this year certainly. Stu, catching any more of him? Does a real good job reading play and stepping in, but still a little suspect in his aerial ability to challenge the behemoths in the league.
BigStu
PSD Guru

Postby BigStu » 2019 Dec 17, 18:21

Only highlights, certainly caught the eye anyway, on a shortlist of transfers for chelsea next month
anOKguy

Postby anOKguy » 2019 Dec 19, 20:35

Stu, that would be a really solid signing for them. it is basically a forgone conclusion he is in the EPL at least next season. Leeds seem finally destined for a top flight return, but he is on loan from Brighton so that complicates things a bit. Probably even a better player of the ball than this and his long passing has some really good elements to it. EPL quality and for anyone interested in finding one of the best 'hidden' gems of English football at the moment who will only get better, this guy is the CB of choice. Last year we nailed a few Championship CBs that made the leap like Adam Webster, the Sheffield back line, Ezri Konsa, Tomori, and another one or two I am surely forgetting... this guy is next up on that production line!
anOKguy

Postby anOKguy » 2020 May 07, 02:50

He’s a really good CB and to me been the best or second best in contention with the man he replaces at Leeds... Jansson. White isn’t very big or strong, but he takes really good angles and has good anticipation. He’s a smart and proactive defender who does more than most before danger arrives to mitigate it as much as possible. That is an immeasurably valuable quality and something that will allow him to really play strong at the next level. Brighton own him, but there’s a feeling that won’t be for long. To me, he’s really good next to a big strong more traditional defender since he bring out their strengths and cover their weaknesses, and the other way around. This guy is a really good passer as well and can go on a nice jaunt with the ball as well from the back. He’s got the tools to be one of the better English centerbacks and might get a Gallup with Kalvin Phillips when things resume for the national team. This guy is someone I highly recommend watching!
BigStu
PSD Guru

Postby BigStu » 2020 May 24, 13:15

Turning into one hell of a defender, can't wait to see him step up
7Jonathan28
New Stat Maker

Postby 7Jonathan28 » 2020 Jun 02, 10:17

I really want to see this guy in Premier League soon, he's a promising defender, good pace, nice tackles, accurate passing(both of long and short), calm and quite solid. Anyway, his DA and tech could be higher, 74 and 76 for me.
Last edited by 7Jonathan28 on 2020 Jul 11, 05:20, edited 1 time in total.
Live life for the moment, because everything else is uncertain.
7Jonathan28
New Stat Maker

Postby 7Jonathan28 » 2020 Jul 11, 05:19

7Jonathan28 wrote:I really want to see this guy in Premier League soon, he's a promising defender, good pace, nice tackles, accurate passing(both of long and short), calm and quite solid. Anyway, his DA and tech could be higher, 74 and 76 for me.

For me he is the best CB in the squad and he has potential to be one of the best defender in the world. But yeah he is still young, there are so many things that he should improve especially in teamwork and duels. I agree with Vickingo that Bielsa should buy a better defender as his duet 'cause Leeds will be in the Premier League next season. Lucas Martinez Quarta and Juan Foyth are decent players, those Argentinian guys are good options, but maybe they need a CB with a lot experience in PL too, like James Tomkins, Ben Gibson or Ciaran Clark.
Live life for the moment, because everything else is uncertain.
Whoah10115
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Whoah10115 » 2020 Jul 11, 13:44

May be on his way to Euro 21.
anOKguy

Postby anOKguy » 2020 Jul 11, 17:19

7Jonathan28 wrote:
7Jonathan28 wrote:I really want to see this guy in Premier League soon, he's a promising defender, good pace, nice tackles, accurate passing(both of long and short), calm and quite solid. Anyway, his DA and tech could be higher, 74 and 76 for me.

For me he is the best CB in the squad and he has potential to be one of the best defender in the world. But yeah he is still young, there are so many things that he should improve especially in teamwork and duels. I agree with Vickingo that Bielsa should buy a better defender as his duet 'cause Leeds will be in the Premier League next season. Lucas Martinez Quarta and Juan Foyth are decent players, those Argentinian guys are good options, but maybe they need a CB with a lot experience in PL too, like James Tomkins, Ben Gibson or Ciaran Clark.

For me he’s been probably the best CB in the league this season. He’s got a lot of clear weaknesses we all hit on. Actually he almost certainly be at Leeds next year. He’s on loan from Brighton who don’t look likely to loan him again. They could sell or hold onto him themselves. Leeds linked with some Championship CBs as well. Can’t wait to see him go up wherever it is.

Whoah, yeah agreed if he does good he should get a real look.
godsplan
New Stat Maker

Postby godsplan » 2020 Sep 17, 14:38

Probably some weird technical glitch because he's at Brighton now.

Shirt numer: 3

I'd probably increase his SPA to around the 77-78 range, he's capable of passing into midfield.

Return to “Brighton & Hove Albion FC”