Savvas Gentsoglou

Moderators: VUKDS, bitz, Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Savvas Gentsoglou

Postby PES Stats Database » 2009 May 20, 21:52

Last edited by stavrello7 on 2012 Jul 16, 21:33, edited 3 times in total.
stavrello7
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Savvas GENTSOGLOU

Postby stavrello7 » 2012 Jan 19, 16:09

www.facebook.com/betweenfourlines
www.facebook.com/GRPatchPGPES6
tzanakas3
Regular Poster

Postby tzanakas3 » 2012 Jan 20, 03:56

asd
Last edited by tzanakas3 on 2012 Jul 16, 17:13, edited 1 time in total.
PANIONIOS RULES.GENOVA E SOLO BLUCERCHIATA - FORZA SAMP.
GLORY GLORY FOR UNITED!!!
stavrello7

Postby stavrello7 » 2012 Jan 20, 07:32

tzanakas3 wrote:Omg this guy is crap.He doesn't deserve to play in Samp..
P.S.:A Greek Sampdoria fan...

He had no incentive to play at AEK and to a club with financial problems.
i think Sampdoria fits him..
tzanakas3
Regular Poster

Postby tzanakas3 » 2012 Jul 16, 17:26

Maybe i was too harsh with him.If he makes patience he could have more minutes this year..
Btw this pic is better for 1st post
http://www.sampdoria.it/images/stories/ ... soglou.jpg
PANIONIOS RULES.GENOVA E SOLO BLUCERCHIATA - FORZA SAMP.
GLORY GLORY FOR UNITED!!!
PIPA23

Postby PIPA23 » 2012 Aug 14, 16:08

loaned to Livorno:
http://www.livornocalcio.it/
stavrello7

Re: Savvas Gentsoglou

Postby stavrello7 » 2013 Feb 16, 22:34

SHIRT NAME: SAVVAS
stavrello7

Postby stavrello7 » 2014 Aug 30, 08:33

He is very close to Ergotelis, Sampdoria already announced his tranfer.
Btw i see many changes in 1st post since he was at Greece. I doubt that he improved so much, but i think he is very good player and will be in Ergotelis first team plans soon.
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2018 Jul 18, 14:19

http://www.apoelfc.com.cy/nqcontent.cfm ... ic&lang=l1

Signed for APOEL Nicosia for the next 2 years.
He is No.#6.
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2018 Dec 10, 02:44

petreleo wrote:http://www.apoelfc.com.cy/nqcontent.cfm?a_id=19732&tt=graphic&lang=l1

He is No.#6.

Mainly a Defensive-Midfielder coming from the bench as a substitute into games at APOEL so far this Season. His only starts came in the Super-Cup Vs AEK Larnaca as a Defensive-Mid in a 4-2-3-1 and he was subbed-off after 60-minutes, Vs relegation-battling Enosis Neon Paralimni in the same position for the full-90minutes playing reasonably well, and in the derby Vs Anorthosis but as a Center-Back, also playing reasonably well for 90 minutes.
In the rest of the matches he played as a substitute, sometimes for about 30 minutes and sometimes less. He has Nuno Morais and Lucas Souza in-front of him in the pegging-order for Defensive-Mid, and also don't forget about Artymatas as well who is considered at about a similar level like Gentsoglou. Gentsoglou's biggest "problem", if we can say it is a problem, at APOEL is that irrespective of the quality he might have, he is of a very similar playing-style like the other three Defensive-Mids I have mentioned above; big, strong, tall guys, but not quick, having also some differences as well between them.
While APOEL needed more of a relatively pacey destroyer with reasonable technical-skill last Summer as a reinforcement at Defensive-Mid (ex-Apollon Limassol and current AEK Athens Alef was mentioned). they have signed Gentsoglou instead who doesn't fit into that description, but he is almost a "replica" of the players they already had. The only APOEL Defensive-Mid with a different playing-style is ironically the Argentinian youngster Cascini who is currently 5th-choice, maybe undeservedly so, having shown good skills whenever he played.
Now that APOEL plays with only one Defensive-Midfielder in a 3-5-2 formation(the one of England in the World-Cup) in the recent matches with good results, it is difficult to see how they would fit all those Defensive-Mids into the team. There were thoughts about moving Gentsoglou at Center-Back permanently because of this earlier this Season, back then when he started there in a derby win Vs Anorthosis, as he played there as well in Croatia with Hajduk. I don't know why it didn't materialize, because at the same time they seem reluctant to give Gentsoglou a run as a starter at Defensive-Mid, to improve his form. Back at the start of the Season and the European Qualifiers he hadn't been starting matches at a two-men Defensive-Midfield of the 4-2-3-1 allegedly because of his not great pace according to some press-outlets, bullshit or not I don't know, but his pace doesn't seem great to me either, certainly lower than his current Set. They've said that because of this, he is more suited to a midfield-three of the 4-3-3 (CM at either flank) than the two-men of the 4-2-3-1, and that's what I also believe from what I have seen from him, but even when APOEL switched to a 4-3-3 when the new coach came in October, Artymatas was preferred ahead of him as a starter to compliment Morais and Souza in the three-men Midfield. Currently in recent matches he comes in as a sub in the 2nd-half as a super-sub to keep things going in midfield, either to keep the score like the majority of times or to look for a winning-goal, the same like in the Summer's European Qualifiers.
I have already talked about his pace, the other think that strikes-out in his current Set about needing downgrade is his Stamina, and a reasonably big downgrade as well. Never had him for that high Stamina from what I have seen from him, maybe not even yellows. He seems to me like a technically tidy midfielder, can get the ball moving around better than most Defensive-Mids in Cyprus, and he can also pick a long-pass forward every now and then, but on the other hand, he is not very mobile neither in terms of pace or stamina, and this is a big disadvantage here with how football is played, the same with the fact that physically he is also not tough and not so strong as well(Body Balance also needs small downgrade).

Weight: 78 kg (+3) (http://apoelfc.com.cy/nqcontent.cfm?a_n ... ayerid=183)

Photo:
Spoiler: show
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2019 Jan 10, 22:52

petreleo wrote:
petreleo wrote:http://www.apoelfc.com.cy/nqcontent.cfm?a_id=19732&tt=graphic&lang=l1

He is No.#6.

Mainly a Defensive-Midfielder coming from the bench as a substitute into games at APOEL so far this Season. His only starts came in the Super-Cup Vs AEK Larnaca as a Defensive-Mid in a 4-2-3-1 and he was subbed-off after 60-minutes, Vs relegation-battling Enosis Neon Paralimni in the same position for the full-90minutes playing reasonably well, and in the derby Vs Anorthosis but as a Center-Back, also playing reasonably well for 90 minutes.
In the rest of the matches he played as a substitute, sometimes for about 30 minutes and sometimes less. He has Nuno Morais and Lucas Souza in-front of him in the pegging-order for Defensive-Mid, and also don't forget about Artymatas as well who is considered at about a similar level like Gentsoglou. Gentsoglou's biggest "problem", if we can say it is a problem, at APOEL is that irrespective of the quality he might have, he is of a very similar playing-style like the other three Defensive-Mids I have mentioned above; big, strong, tall guys, but not quick, having also some differences as well between them.
While APOEL needed more of a relatively pacey destroyer with reasonable technical-skill last Summer as a reinforcement at Defensive-Mid (ex-Apollon Limassol and current AEK Athens Alef was mentioned). they have signed Gentsoglou instead who doesn't fit into that description, but he is almost a "replica" of the players they already had. The only APOEL Defensive-Mid with a different playing-style is ironically the Argentinian youngster Cascini who is currently 5th-choice, maybe undeservedly so, having shown good skills whenever he played.
Now that APOEL plays with only one Defensive-Midfielder in a 3-5-2 formation(the one of England in the World-Cup) in the recent matches with good results, it is difficult to see how they would fit all those Defensive-Mids into the team. There were thoughts about moving Gentsoglou at Center-Back permanently because of this earlier this Season, back then when he started there in a derby win Vs Anorthosis, as he played there as well in Croatia with Hajduk. I don't know why it didn't materialize, because at the same time they seem reluctant to give Gentsoglou a run as a starter at Defensive-Mid, to improve his form. Back at the start of the Season and the European Qualifiers he hadn't been starting matches at a two-men Defensive-Midfield of the 4-2-3-1 allegedly because of his not great pace according to some press-outlets, bullshit or not I don't know, but his pace doesn't seem great to me either, certainly lower than his current Set. They've said that because of this, he is more suited to a midfield-three of the 4-3-3 (CM at either flank) than the two-men of the 4-2-3-1, and that's what I also believe from what I have seen from him, but even when APOEL switched to a 4-3-3 when the new coach came in October, Artymatas was preferred ahead of him as a starter to compliment Morais and Souza in the three-men Midfield. Currently in recent matches he comes in as a sub in the 2nd-half as a super-sub to keep things going in midfield, either to keep the score like the majority of times or to look for a winning-goal, the same like in the Summer's European Qualifiers.
I have already talked about his pace, the other think that strikes-out in his current Set about needing downgrade is his Stamina, and a reasonably big downgrade as well. Never had him for that high Stamina from what I have seen from him, maybe not even yellows. He seems to me like a technically tidy midfielder, can get the ball moving around better than most Defensive-Mids in Cyprus, and he can also pick a long-pass forward every now and then, but on the other hand, he is not very mobile neither in terms of pace or stamina, and this is a big disadvantage here with how football is played, the same with the fact that physically he is also not tough and not so strong as well(Body Balance also needs small downgrade).

In the last few weeks he does play more matches as a starter(mainly as Defensive-Mid) because of Al-Taamari's absence on international-duty in the Asian Cup that caused rotation in the team, but he had been: Not fast at movement and tracking opposition's attacking runs as a Defensive-Mid, some unforced errors from lapses of concentration when playing Center-Back, and not great attackingly as a Central-Midfielder. He is a technically tidy Defensive-Mid in relation to the standards of the League, but he had only been able to show glimpses of it, as in some matches he isn't very active.

Recommended changes(explanations in this&previous posts):
Weight: 78 kg (+3) (http://apoelfc.com.cy/nqcontent.cfm?a_name=team_1&playerid=183)
Defence: 69 (-3)
Balance: 79 (-2)
Stamina: 79 (-6)
Top Speed: 73 (-3)
Acceleration: 73 (-2)
Response: 76 (-2)
Agility: 74 (-2)
Dribble Accuracy: 74 (+1)
Short Pass Accuracy: 76 (+1)
Long Pass Accuracy: 77 (+2)
Shot Accuracy: 64 (-1)
Shot Power: 80 (+1)
Curling: 66 (+3)
Header: 76 (-1)
Aggression: 67 (+5)
Mentality: 72 (-4)
Teamwork: 76 (-1)
Condition/Fitness: 4 (-1)
ADD- P06 - Pinpoint Pass

Photo:
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2019 Mar 19, 00:44

petreleo wrote:
petreleo wrote:Mainly a Defensive-Midfielder coming from the bench as a substitute into games at APOEL so far this Season. His only starts came in the Super-Cup Vs AEK Larnaca as a Defensive-Mid in a 4-2-3-1 and he was subbed-off after 60-minutes, Vs relegation-battling Enosis Neon Paralimni in the same position for the full-90minutes playing reasonably well, and in the derby Vs Anorthosis but as a Center-Back, also playing reasonably well for 90 minutes.

In the last few weeks he does play more matches as a starter(mainly as Defensive-Mid) because of Al-Taamari's absence on international-duty in the Asian Cup that caused rotation in the team, but he had been: Not fast at movement and tracking opposition's attacking runs as a Defensive-Mid, some unforced errors from lapses of concentration when playing Center-Back, and not great attackingly as a Central-Midfielder. He is a technically tidy Defensive-Mid in relation to the standards of the League, but he had only been able to show glimpses of it, as in some matches he isn't very active.

With Nuno Morais benched for the first time ever in 10+ years, Gentsoglou recently arose surprisingly as a starting regular for the first time this Season for APOEL alongside Lucas Souza at Defensive-Midfield in 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 in recent weeks. Those two played a pivotal part in two APOEL's derby victories away at Apollon Limassol's ground, but against some smaller teams that are happy to just sit back and defend for 90 minutes, they struggled a bit. In yesterday's victory, Savvas was the sitting Defensive-Midfielder in front of the back-four, and Souza was the "box-to-box" midfield scoring also a goal in the match. Hit and miss for Savvas right now, the same for the whole of his first Season at APOEL, but at least it does getting a bit better for him at the moment... Suggested changes from before:

petreleo wrote:...
Recommended changes(explanations in this&previous posts):
Weight: 78 kg (+3) (http://apoelfc.com.cy/nqcontent.cfm?a_name=team_1&playerid=183)
Defence: 69 (-3)
Balance: 79 (-2)
Stamina: 79 (-6)
Top Speed: 73 (-3)
Acceleration: 73 (-2)
Response: 76 (-2)
Agility: 74 (-2)
Dribble Accuracy: 74 (+1)
Short Pass Accuracy: 76 (+1)
Long Pass Accuracy: 77 (+2)
Shot Accuracy: 64 (-1)
Shot Power: 80 (+1)
Curling: 66 (+3)
Header: 76 (-1)
Aggression: 67 (+5)
Mentality: 72 (-4)
Teamwork: 76 (-1)
Condition/Fitness: 4 (-1)
ADD- P06 - Pinpoint Pass

Photo:
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2019 Oct 09, 00:41

Probably up there with the greatest mysteries around how he managed not only to stay in APOEL's squad for more than 18-months(the same with Bezjak) despite them shifting great players like Zahid and Morais at the same time, but Gentsoglou has also managed to be a starter in most of this time! Especially since last February until including today. Last Season he was preferred ahead of club-legend Nuno Morais, and when Morais retired in the Summer, Gentroglou has since been currently preferred ahead of big-name summer signing Alef.
He offers some calmness, some good decisions because of experience, some good long-passing, and some stability because his form normally isn't that bad but neither too good. Usually he is the typical 6/10 player every single week, although one very bad performance I can remember from him recently was the Europa League loss Vs Dudelange.
On the other hand, his pace including both speed of movement and thought isn't good, and normally because of this reason he delays the counter-attacks of the team. He is a player who would prefer to take his time to weight a good long-ball to the flanks, rather than making the quick one or two touch through ball if he has the chance to. Attackingly he offers very little, basically just long-shots.
Changes are needed to his Set like the ones I have made in the post above.

Return to “APOEL FC”