PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Musa Al-Taamari

Postby PES Stats Database » 2018 Dec 14, 01:12

petreleo
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Musa Al-Taamari

Postby petreleo » 2018 Dec 19, 01:10

Took the derby game Vs Omonoia by the scruff of the neck, like in all the derbies he has played until today this Season, scoring 2 goals to earn a come-back victory for APOEL. Also after that an efford by him was stopped with a foul by Omonoia's Keeper, resulting in a foul outside the box in addition to a straight Red-Card.
That makes it 7 goals in 10 league appearances for Al-Taamari, adding to that another 6 assists, mainly penalties won.
This guy is still a youngster, still relatively raw, but his improvement in recent months since signing for APOEL in the Summer has been spectacular to say the least. Hands down the best player in the whole League. Right-Winger who cuts to his left-foot by trade, who has been recently converted into a Striker in a 3-5-2 system.
Last week there was a huge story about APOEL's President being in Italy to discuss a 20 million dollars' offer for him from Fiorentina. Then add to that previous speculation about Cagliari, Anderlecht, I think also Frosinone, as well as three Saudi-Arabia clubs. With the form he currently has, somebody would be surely offering to pay big time to acquire his services. The good news as for APOEL supporters is that the President in a yesterday's press-conference said that he plans to keep hold of him for another 18 months, without disregarding the option to sell him next Summer if there is a such a huge offer which cannot be refused, but this January already there is no way.
I am posting below two posts I have made in recent weeks about him in the "UEFA Southern-Mediterranean - Players to be created" thread(the gifs posted below are really worth having a look at):

petreleo wrote:Here are my thoughts on a Set for new APOEL's young star Musa Al-Taamari. Signed this Summer from Jordanian club Shabab Al-Ordon Club for an undisclosed fee allegedly about 500thousand euros, having previously been on-loan at fellow Jordanian club Al-Jazeera.
The International has enjoyed a successful loan-spell the previous Season for one year at Al-Jazeera scoring 17 goals in 32 matches matches, including 6 in 8 appearances in the Asian Football Confederation Cup. After his impressive form, he has been nicknamed by local fans and media as the "new" Messi, Salah, and even Mahrez, and in January 2018 according to him he had rejected an offer to join Inter Milan, as well as an unnamed Portuguese club.

Since joining APOEL, after showing good form in many of the friendlies, he has become their 1st-choice Right-Winger cutting inside with his strong Left-foot, since the start of the European Qualifiers. Despite the fact that the team has failed to qualify for European Group-Stages for the first time in 6 years, Al-Taamari had been one of the very few players that "caught" the eye in those matches. Extremely quick off the mark, really fluid agile body movements to avoid opponent's defenders, as well as great speed on-the-ball over distance are undoubtedly some of his biggest assets by far. Reasonably strong for his size, good stamina, and because of this he is surprisingly good at tracking back and defending, and going on until the end of the match at decently good levels of fitness.
APOEL's Coach made the mistake to take him off as a substitute at about 60-70th minute in the European Qualifiers. In my opinion, a player who can run with crazy speeds like that, take players on and take the ball past them, is needed towards the end of the game more than ever, when the opponents are tired. Maybe this was the reason why the team didn't make it to the European Group-Stages. Especially in the home 2nd-leg Vs Suduva when APOEL needed one goal to make it through in the next round of the UCL, their decision to take off Al-Taamari costed them big time, as their attack was "dead" after that.

Talking about his weaknesses, his final-product hasn't become good yet, due to his inexperience, and his impressive and ambitious dribbling-runs often end in "dead-ends". His finishing isn't that bad though, he has a good technical shot on him, but I just believe that his passing and crossing should start becoming more accurate and purposeful now that he is starting to adapt well in the team, and even passing a bit more rather than dribbling until the end, and after that the rest will fix naturally. Right now, he tends to run the whole length of the pitch until the very end, and then attempt a cut-back into the box. So far, he has won two penalties, one away in a 2-2 draw at Israel Vs Hapoel Be'er Sheva, and one yesterday for the winning goal in the 0-1 win Vs Ermis Aradippou in the premiere of the League.
All in all, I believe that he is a great talent, a rough diamond, who however has been thrown in the deep at APOEL as a 1st-eleven player from the start, due to the lack of many other good options at the Winger's position, exactly like Roland Sallai last Season. I think that he would have been better-off if he has been "eased" into the team, as a squad-rotational option at first, especially in the European Qualifiers, to come as a substitute towards the end and make the difference, rather than as a starter.

petreleo wrote:These two youngsters played a crazy good game the other day in the 5-1 derby win Vs Apollon Limassol.
They lined-up quite surprisingly as a fluid front-two partnership in a 3-5-2, the formation England used in the World Cup, and they played some very good football in that match, two of APOEL's best players on the night for sure, devastating on the counter-attack.
Al-Taamari won a penalty(APOEL's 1st), scored a goal after the GK saved his teammate's penalty and he got the rebound, another goal from a through-pass(APOEL's 4th), assisted APOEL's 5th goal(even despite clearly getting fouled before), and gave the pass that resulted in APOEL's 2nd penalty(2nd goal). Gifs from all of these in the 2nd-Spoiler below. The 3rd gif is a good through-ball from him to find a teammate inside the box, who missed the chance.
Natel scored an amazing direct-FK in "Riise" style(gif in 1st-spoiler), and he was also very much involved in the match, him and Al-Taamari combined really well in the process of APOEL winning their 2nd-penalty(4th gif in the 2nd-Spoiler).
In the 3rd-Spoiler I have also putted together some gifs of Al-Taamari's skills this Season, and I was planning to post them sometime, and I guess this is a good opportunity after him being in great form. APOEL will miss him for sure when he play in the Asian Cup for Jordan in January. APOEL this Season without Taamari isn't the same team like when he plays, hands-down their best and most valuable player this Season. The Set I posted above for him is possibly underrated for him, but definitely a good starting-point to start judging him; clearly defining biggest assets&weaknesses.

Spoiler: show

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2019 Jan 10, 23:28

Bossed it for Jordan in the Asian Cup, with an assist(00:20 1st-video) in 1-0 win Vs Australia, and a goal(00:27 2nd-video) and an assist(01:02 2nd-video) in 2-0 win Vs Syria, as Jordan qualified with a game to spare.
How many millions for this jewel? The Press say that many scouts including from Fiorentina(that had an offer rejected for him already recently), and LaLiga clubs are scouting him in this tournament.
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2019 Mar 17, 23:44

His team needing the win in a match in which they are trailing 1-0 against their main-rivals in order to climb to 1st-position?
No problem... A penalty-won(05:09), then a goal(06:17), and finally an assist(07:40) from him as they've turned it around at 1-3.
He hasn't been playing at his best form lately since returning from the Asian-Cup, but this performance was one of his best of the Season without a doubt.
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2019 May 06, 00:03

Another big performance in a big match from him, assisting two goals in the match his team won the League in the weekend.
(00:14) Received the ball inside his own team's half, dribbled past two opponents and assisted the goal for De Vincenti in an open-net.
(01:40) Great Free-Kick from him trying to emulate Messi, but the ball hit the post and fell for a tap-in by Nuno Morais. Actually I was surprised to see him taking the Free-Kick, as he hasn't been taking many for APOEL, with the likes of Natel and De Vincenti on the team-sheet, in contrast to back in Jordan for national-team and ex-clubs.
9 goals and 12 assists so far this Season. AS Roma and Ajax are the latest clubs linked with him in the press, and it would be interesting to see where he would end up, if he is to leave in the Summer.
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2019 May 25, 23:42

Great acrobatic finishing from him the other day in the Cup-Final, but unlucky to hit the post.
Actually I can remember him scoring a goal like that last December in a Friendly Vs China:

petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2019 Jun 08, 12:28

On fire again, Vs Slovakia with a signature goal

Return to “APOEL FC”