PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Praxitelis Vouros

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 19:21

stavrello7
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Praksitelis Vouros

Postby stavrello7 » 2015 Sep 03, 22:01

He can play also as DM, but we can wait to see him more. very nice set.
www.facebook.com/betweenfourlines
www.facebook.com/GRPatchPGPES6
Houy
PSD Elite

Re: Praxitelis Vouros

Postby Houy » 2016 Jun 02, 17:29

Changed main position to CB and gave him a little boost in Def , lowered Height according to the league website ,he is at 183cm in lots of sources but he is clearly shorter.
stavrello7

Postby stavrello7 » 2016 Jun 02, 22:53

I think he is 183 , same as my height :D

Edit: wrote my own comment on it by mistake and rewrote ,so sorry :oops: ,didn't remember your words exactly,plz fix it if you don't mind.
Houy
PSD Elite

Postby Houy » 2016 Jun 03, 10:37

He seems a little shorter to me,but i'll take your word for it ;) .
stavrello7

Postby stavrello7 » 2016 Jun 03, 11:28

Dont worry mate, if i catch him arround will ask him, hehe
Houy
PSD Elite

Postby Houy » 2016 Jul 08, 20:36

His Resp should be a little higher,he also shows good Lpa,these kids are quite impressive ,this guy ,Manthatis and Retsos show great tactical awareness ,i hope they play a lot this year,i'd pick this guy and Retsos over Siovas any day....
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2017 Aug 29, 12:17

http://apoelfc.com.cy/nqcontent.cfm?a_i ... ic&lang=l1

Signed for _cyp APOEL Nicosia as a Free-Agent. He is No.#29.

Rumour has it that earlier this year he agreed a new four-year contract extension at _gre Olympiacos, but interestingly enough he moved teams really shortly afterwards as a Free-Agent.

It would be interesting to see how well he will do at APOEL in the Right-Back's position, since he was signed as Milanov's back-up, even though his main-position is the one of Center-Back.
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2017 Sep 18, 21:37

petreleo wrote:http://apoelfc.com.cy/nqcontent.cfm?a_id=16454&tt=graphic&lang=l1

Rumour has it that earlier this year he agreed a new four-year contract extension at _gre Olympiacos, but interestingly enough he moved teams really shortly afterwards as a Free-Agent.

It would be interesting to see how well he will do at APOEL in the Right-Back's position, since he was signed as Milanov's back-up, even though his main-position is the one of Center-Back.

He was great defensively Vs Real Madrid in the Champions League last week at Right-Back.
He made 7 interceptions, the highest for any player in the 1st Matchday of this Season's Champions League. Pretty impressive given the fact that he was not even training with the main squad of Olympiacos until a couple of weeks ago.
He actually made his debut some days before the Real Madrid game, in APOEL's 0-2 win Vs Nea Salamina in the League, and he was relatively good in this match as well.
One of my only concerns about him is the fact that he isn't very attacking-minded for a Full-Back, and he doesn't normally get forward to provide crosses from out-wide. He lacked in this area tonight Vs Anorthosis.
It seems like he might be better as a Center-Back than Right-Back(maybe that's why he is good defensively at Right-Back), but at least for now he will play as a Right-Back for APOEL after Milanov's injury.
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2017 Oct 18, 22:38

petreleo wrote:
petreleo wrote:http://apoelfc.com.cy/nqcontent.cfm?a_id=16454&tt=graphic&lang=l1

He was great defensively Vs Real Madrid in the Champions League last week at Right-Back.
He made 7 interceptions, the highest for any player in the 1st Matchday of this Season's Champions League. Pretty impressive given the fact that he was not even training with the main squad of Olympiacos until a couple of weeks ago.
He actually made his debut some days before the Real Madrid game, in APOEL's 0-2 win Vs Nea Salamina in the League, and he was relatively good in this match as well.
One of my only concerns about him is the fact that he isn't very attacking-minded for a Full-Back, and he doesn't normally get forward to provide crosses from out-wide. He lacked in this area tonight Vs Anorthosis.
It seems like he might be better as a Center-Back than Right-Back(maybe that's why he is good defensively at Right-Back), but at least for now he will play as a Right-Back for APOEL after Milanov's injury.

Great in Europe, but mediocre in the League!
Defensively really solid for a Right-Back, and 2 of his 3 Champions League appearances(Vs Real Madrid and Vs Dortmund) were top-class defensively. Especially in last night's 1-1 draw Vs Dortmund, he had Pulisic in his back-pocket all game long!
However, in the League where APOEL has the majority of possession and wants it's Full-Back to overlap and help-out attackingly, he is not very good. He doesn't go forward that much, and cannot really dribble, despite actually making a couple of fine crosses, even with his left-foot...
Houy
PSD Elite

Postby Houy » 2017 Oct 19, 12:23

Yes he is kind of a niche player, that's why he wouldn't find a role in Olympiakos even though he looked promising. He could make a good quick and decent on the ball CB if he works on his strength so he won't get outmuscled easily.
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2017 Oct 19, 16:57

Houy wrote:Yes he is kind of a niche player, that's why he wouldn't find a role in Olympiakos even though he looked promising. He could make a good quick and decent on the ball CB if he works on his strength so he won't get outmuscled easily.

Yeah, it seems that he can make a Nicholas Ioannou-esque Center-Back(maybe with slightly less technique), but for the RIght not Left-Side like Ioannou, but he has to play at Right-Back at the moment because Milanov is just starting to recover from his injury.
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2017 Dec 16, 00:05

We are starting to get a really good idea what he is about.
For a player who until this Season's September didn't have many games under his belt, but just a decent six-month-loan at Levadeiakos at the 2nd-half of last Season, he is doing impressively well as a starter for a highly demanding team like APOEL. He is the player with the most interceptions in the Champions League group-stages: https://twitter.com/WhoScored/status/938785182567383041
What is more surprising, is the fact that he is playing on a consistent decent and defensively solid level this Season, despite being played in a slightly unfamiliar position of the Right-Back for big periods of time.
With that being said, despite being a starter and a consistent performer at APOEL, as I have said above, attackingly he is not quite what they need at Right-Back, and that's why they are in the January market for a new first-choice Right-Back.
In my opinion, Vouros can be considered as a good versatile all-around Defender, but mainly a Center-Back. In fact, his best games for APOEL were as a Right-Center-Back, since converting systems to a back-three in the last few weeks. Also, when asked to play at a Left-Center-Back in the same formation, he didn't seem to have a problem with that, either.
His last match however was an "odd" apperance as a Right-Wing-Back (for the 1st-time) in the derby Vs AEL Limassol, and after under-performing attackingly, he was placed at Left-Center-Back for the second-half, and he was much better there.
Talking about his Set, I can see it needing upgrades all-around. The main ones:
As correctly shown in his current Set, he is a relatively agile and quick for a Defender(Top Speed>Agility), but he is more comfortable on the ball than this, and he could bring the ball out from the back with ease, especially when played at Center-Back. His overall passing is considerable better than this, and even his long-passing needs upgrade, because although he isn't the best of crossers from Right-Back, he can hit some accurate long-passes from the back to the front-men.
Aerially, he is not as bad as this, and especially his jumping is one of his assets to make-up for not being so tall for a Defender.
Physically, he is better than this. Brave and relatively strong for his not so bulky body-build. Also, far more tenacious and aggressive than this, and defensively good, and likes to make challenges for the ball(highest interceptions in the UCL).

Suggested Changes:
Spoiler: show
Attack: 61 (+2)
Defence: 73 (+4)
Balance: 77 (+2)
Stamina: 79 (+1)
Top Speed: 78 (+1)
Agility: 77 (-1)
Dribble Speed: 75 (+2)
Short Pass Accuracy: 71 (+3)
Short Pass Speed: 71 (+6)
Long Pass Accuracy: 70 (+2)
Curling: 63 (+5)
Header: 71 (+4)
Jump: 77 (+4)
Technique: 72 (+1)
Mentality: 74 (+6)
Teamwork: 70 (+2)
Condition/Fitness: 5 (+1)

New Photo:
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2018 Sep 07, 12:20

After initial thoughts to be given on-loan for the Season to either Maccabi Tel Aviv or Panathinaikos, alongside with renewing his contract until 2022, because being considered as surplus for the Right-Back's position after Milanov's return from injury, he has been finally given a lengthy run into the APOEL's team as Center-Back in recent European Qualifying matches.
New Signing at Center-Back, Tavares' premature departure from the team just a couple of months after signing, helped Vouros get those playing-time chances at Center-Back, and he didn't disappoint. Him and Carlao at Center-Back seem to function much better than APOEL's Center-Back partnerships of last Season, although it is questionable if APOEL has good back-up behind them, with Rueda just right now returning from knee-ligament injury.
As I have said again before in my previous posts above, Vouros' Speed and on-the-ball ability are good for a Center-Back. He reads the game well, passionate, and usually comes first on loose balls to clear them, and his only real disadvantage as Center-Back is his height. Suggested Changes:
Stamina: 80 (+1)
Top Speed: 80 (+2)
Acceleration: 78 (+1)
Response: 76 (+1)
Dribble Accuracy: 72 (+1)
Short Pass Speed: 73 (+2)
Long Pass Speed: 72 (+2)
Shot Power: 74 (+4)
Technique: 73 (+1)
Mentality: 76 (+2)
Teamwork: 73 (+3)
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2019 Mar 25, 22:44

We already knew that his pace is pretty good, but at a recent 1-2 derby victory Vs Apollon Limassol, his Acceleration was particularly impressive, possibly an 80. He played as a Right/Center-Back in a 3-man Defence like in the majority of times this Season, and with his pace he overtook anybody who tried to get in-behind the APOEL Defence, and tackled them to win the ball back. He is already really becoming one of the seniors in APOEL's squad at a really young age, with top performances and top attitude, and foreign clubs like Groningen tried to sign him previously in recent times, in addition to Panathinaikos and Maccabi Tel Aviv in the Summer. He was unlucky to withdraw from the Greece National-team squad with a minor muscle injury, something which would have been his first ever senior cap.
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2019 May 07, 02:27

He has been a beast of consistent performing this Season, especially when APOEL turned into a back-three in early December and he has since occupied the Right/Center-Back position as a starter. I think he is also APOEL's 2nd most used player in terms of minutes this Season, and the 1st most used when it comes to appearances. As a result, Olympiacos Piraeus are scouting him alongside teammate Al-Taamari and they are weighing whether to try and buy him back from APOEL.
Top mentality from him, with passion of course as I have said also in the past, but also his ability to work and function extremely well within a unit is very underrated. He seems like a humble player who would happily sacrifice in order his team's game-plan work.
Acceleration(as I have said in my previous post quoted below) needs a boost, as well as probably even Defence, Response, Mentality, Teamwork, and Form.
The only things that he is lacking are strength(kinda makes for it with passion), and attacking threat going-forward especially when playing as Right-Back(but he makes for it with reasonably good technique). I think those weaknesses are well documented in this Set, I don't think that he needs any downgrades for the moment, but only some upgrades I have discussed above.
petreleo wrote:We already knew that his pace is pretty good, but at a recent 1-2 derby victory Vs Apollon Limassol, his Acceleration was particularly impressive, possibly an 80. He played as a Right/Center-Back in a 3-man Defence like in the majority of times this Season, and with his pace he overtook anybody who tried to get in-behind the APOEL Defence, and tackled them to win the ball back. He is already really becoming one of the seniors in APOEL's squad at a really young age, with top performances and top attitude, and foreign clubs like Groningen tried to sign him previously in recent times, in addition to Panathinaikos and Maccabi Tel Aviv in the Summer. He was unlucky to withdraw from the Greece National-team squad with a minor muscle injury, something which would have been his first ever senior cap.

Return to “APOEL FC”