PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Tim Cahill, Jamshedpur FC

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 11:45

dixie1sixty
Regular Poster

Re: Tim CAHILL

Postby dixie1sixty » 2008 Dec 16, 02:08

i think SA and response should be higher. tim always gets his shots on target and its his technique wich sumtyms lets him down. Response because when the balls goes in the box he is usually 1st to react to the 1st and 2nd ball...
One Evertonian Is Worth Twenty Liverpudlians
jmg721
PSD Guru

Postby jmg721 » 2008 Dec 16, 08:13

dixie1sixty wrote:i think SA and response should be higher. tim always gets his shots on target and its his technique wich sumtyms lets him down. Response because when the balls goes in the box he is usually 1st to react to the 1st and 2nd ball...

Would you put his response ahead of the likes of Masherano and Gerrard? What value would you suggest looking at the global ladder?
"The Recoba Effect"
dixie1sixty
Regular Poster

Postby dixie1sixty » 2008 Dec 16, 17:39

looking at it again its probably fine as it is. Sorry :D
dixie1sixty
Regular Poster

Postby dixie1sixty » 2009 Jan 02, 02:13

brunnoce
New Stat Maker

Postby brunnoce » 2009 Jan 02, 11:41

dixie1sixty wrote:79 on agilty? http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7L-vMRFKoHQ

yeh, i thought 79 is a tad low too when i saw...
not only becasue of that goal but in general and for his body built i think he should be higher in this atribute..
i suggest 83.

btw, any of u guys gonna make everton tatics and formation?
i would like to see how u set up cahill on the tatic , im having a hard time here trying to position him (arrows and such) so he acts like real life cahill, making runs and getting into the box whenever he can...
i made a tatic with him as a AMF playing behind yakubu, but seems that as a AMF he wont run into the box like he should, most of the time i get the ball on the wings he comes short for support, thats not what cahill does.
brunnoce
New Stat Maker

Postby brunnoce » 2009 Jan 04, 14:28

so, since noone answer the above post, ill suggest an update:

Agility:83

also he is 178cm acording to the oficial everton site.
dixie1sixty
Regular Poster

Postby dixie1sixty » 2009 Jan 04, 21:40

i think i could help make an everton tactics and formation etc if anyone else is up for it
brunnoce
New Stat Maker

Postby brunnoce » 2009 Jan 05, 10:36

dixie1sixty wrote:i think i could help make an everton tactics and formation etc if anyone else is up for it

u can count with me...
the only way i got t.cahill to play like himself so far was by setting him as a SS just behind yakubu with a foward arrow and medium defence arrow...
that was the only way i found to make him help the MF mark and still get foward to recive crosses;;;
as of now the tatic i have is:

-----------------Howard------------------
Hibbert----Yobo-------Jagielka---Lescott
-----------Neville-------------------------
-----------------------Fellaini-------------
----Arteta-------------------------Pienaar
-------------------Cahill------------------
------------------Yakubu-----------------

Offcourse thats only one of the main tatics used by everton this season, specially now that arteta is doing so well playing as a CM im curious to see what will moyes do when saha is back, cause im pretty sure he wont be benching cahill and fellaini, so if he wants to keep Arteta as a CMF he will have to make fellaini finnally play as a DMF and i think that might not work so well...
on the tatics i also have lescott using a more ofensive arrow than hibbert as he comes up quite often in games....pienaar runs wide, through the wing while arteta has an arrown asking him to run to the center...
dixie1sixty
Regular Poster

Postby dixie1sixty » 2009 Jan 20, 16:56

I play pes2009 on the xbox and even with a jump of 90 tim still struggles to beat many centre halves in the air. When in reality he can beat most in teh air (Vidic, Skrtl, Hyypia, Dunne, Abdoulaye Faye who is massive etc). I tried playing with his jump at 92 and it is much more representative of Tim's real life play. Thoughts...
fishdalf
Valued Contributor

Postby fishdalf » 2009 Jan 20, 19:08

I play Everton A LOT in Pro Evo surprisingly and i find his stats to be pretty darn good to be honest. A 90 in jump is absolutely fine. Looking at the ladders will also confirm this mate. A great player though.
Alcohomicide
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby Alcohomicide » 2009 Jan 20, 19:31

I score loads of goals with Cahill's head. Maybe it's your timing? I dunno. He seems fine when myself or the CPU uses him.
"When we were winning leagues and European Cups at Real I always said Makelele was our most important player. There is no way myself Figo or Raúl would have been able to do what we did without Claude and the same goes for Liverpool and Gerrard."
fishdalf
Valued Contributor

Postby fishdalf » 2009 Jan 20, 21:19

Just out of curiosity where do you play him in your formation? Try to be exact, perhaps it's his formation that's partly down to it.
dixie1sixty
Regular Poster

Postby dixie1sixty » 2009 Jan 20, 22:17

support striker just in behind yakubu but basically a striker. fair enough just a thought
Alcohomicide

Postby Alcohomicide » 2009 Jan 20, 22:30

I play him AM, arriving in the box after the striker/s.
"When we were winning leagues and European Cups at Real I always said Makelele was our most important player. There is no way myself Figo or Raúl would have been able to do what we did without Claude and the same goes for Liverpool and Gerrard."
fishdalf
Valued Contributor

Postby fishdalf » 2009 Jan 20, 22:51

Okay lets put the microscope on Cahill this time, because while i agree that his aerial stats are absolutely fine there are other areas that are slightly bugging me.

If you ask any Everton fan who is their best player, more often than not they will utter the words 'Tim Cahill', because no other player gives more for their team, no other player possesses the determination and raw ability that he has.

Lets start with:

Attack: 83

I'm not happy with this number, i don't think it quite does Timmy justice. His positioning in attack is one of the best in the team, and that includes the strikers. In fact i would go as far to say that this mans positioning is as good as the guy who just received 400 appearences for a certain London club - Frank Lampard. Now Frank sits on an 85 and that seems like a perfectly respectable number.

Attack: 85

If you're not convinced just look at pretty much every corner Everton ever take, he is almost always in the right position. Look at crosses that come flying in to the box from both the left and the right, if the opposition defence doesn't get to it first he will be right there waiting. He also has great positioning around the box too and finds space superbly well when needed.

In case you were wondering, this puts him 1 ahead of both Rooney and Gerrard, and again this is completely justified. Don't be blinded or fooled by the names i'm comparing him with here, simply look at the facts, and how often Cahill finds himself attacking in a superb position. I suppose Pavyluchenko is a prime example of who he is on par with, constantly finding those free positions inside the box that allow him to get his head on the ball, and hopefully into the back of the net.

Balance: 84

Tim's balance also needs a raise in my opinion, not only for his dominance on set pieces, but also his overall play. He is constantly holding the ball up for his team, and while he does get pushed off it every now and again he is generally pretty strong and can shrug off a good few challenges. What i'm proposing is a 1 point increase:

Balance: 85

The reason for this number is a combination of his strength to hold off people whilst vying for headers and such in and around the box, and his general overall strength across the pitch. which sadly isn't his greatest attribute but an area he is still pretty strong in.

Lets compare him to Liverpool's club captain Steven Gerrard who sits on an 87, both have great strength, but in this case Stevie G does a slightly better job all over the pitch of staying on his feet when knocked or tackled, whilst Cahill tends to get shrugged off on occasion. However if you were to just compare them in dead ball situations where he is holding off players who are all over him, then Cahill would merit a higher value. As it is i think i've come to a nice balance (pardon the pun) in the numbers.

Stamina: 92

This value bugs me. Yes he can last a full 90 minutes, but that has a lot to do with his condition. For somebody who gets injured so often he has a superb way of keeping himself fit and ready for when he finally does have his chance to get back into the action. He is actually probably one of the best for this in the entire world, look at Torres, he has had a few games to get match fit now and he is still looking a little off. I actually propose a value a slight bit lower than what he currently sits on, and that value is:

Stamina: 90

Not a great distance off his current value but it certainly sits him in the ladders a lot better. After all Cahill isn't constantly hounding players like Rooney (93) or Tevez (94) so that's a huge part of why he doesnt get tired, if you watch him he will jog around until the time calls and that's when he will begin to harass players and get up into their faces. I think he would be much better suited with his strong condition and a value that matches him up to the likes of Ballack (91) and Lampard (90), who are obviously still amazingly competent in this area.

Top Speed: 78
Acceleration: 81

Probably the area that lets Tim Cahill down the most, his speed. If he had great bursts of speed then he would be up there with the greatest, sadly he has to reply on his fantastic determination and positioning instead, although he does that pretty darn well if i do say so. Now do you think i'm going to say up or down here? I'm actually going to say both, because i believe his top speed to be a slight bit lower than this, yet his acceleration when running past people and running into a key area aren't the worst in the world. Here are the figures i''m proposing:

Top Speed: 76
Acceleration: 84

Puts him level on speed with the likes of Xabi Alonso of Liverpool, but don't fret because it's that value in acceleration that makes him so lifelike it's unreal. It's the same value that Gerrard sits on in that area, although there's not really too much point in comparing it that way because with different top speeds it's pretty much irrelevant.

Agility: 79

Oh and while we're here i'll touch upon the agility disscussion. Not the greatest of attributes for Timmy if i'm being honest. He can at least wiggle himself out of a tight spot every now and again, much like Gerrard has been known to do on occasion, but doesn't do it quite as well nor as consistently as the red man. I would leave this attribute the way it stands.

Nearly there now, i just thought i'd stick all my recommendations at the bottom for easy reference:

Here's what his stats would look like with the above changes implemented:

Defence: 57
Response: 86
Agility: 79
Dribble Accuracy: 75
Dribble Speed: 76
Short Pass Accuracy: 80
Short Pass Speed: 82
Long Pass Acc.: 75
Long Pass Speed: 76
Shot Accuracy: 78
Shot Power: 80
Shot Technique: 84
Free Kick Accuracy: 69
Curling: 74
Header: 90
Jump: 90
Technique: 82
Aggression: 90
Mentality: 90
Keeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 85
Alcohomicide

Postby Alcohomicide » 2009 Jan 20, 22:57

These look very good. I will test them shortly!!
fishdalf
Valued Contributor

Postby fishdalf » 2009 Jan 20, 22:59

I'm sure you will be happy with what you find. I mean they're not wholesale changes, but they do fit.
Siegfried.M
PSD Youth League

Postby Siegfried.M » 2009 Jan 20, 23:01

Where is Consistency ability in the game?
SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH.
Alcohomicide

Postby Alcohomicide » 2009 Jan 20, 23:30

Ahhh, this is much more like it. A good edit. I don't know if he's perfect yet, but up until he picked up a knock and had to off he was very life-like. I like how he was finding pockets of space like the real Cahill.

Return to “Retired Players”