PSD Backbone

Fred

Postby PES Stats Database » 2012 Sep 09, 22:27

Full Name: Frederico Rodrigues de Paula Santos

ronaldinho123
New Contributor

Re: Fred

Postby ronaldinho123 » 2019 Dec 05, 07:55

Top performance vs Tottenham last night.

Still to this day, I do not understand why this guys performances get overlooked on this site.

Yes, he’s not always consistent but that is what form is for. When he does show up he is a very good player.

At least have DM position added and remove AM.

There has been so many suggested stats to replicate his play style but his set has been left on ‘lets see how he gets on’ for so long now.
ronaldinho123
New Contributor

Postby ronaldinho123 » 2019 Dec 07, 20:35

And another great performance today vs City. Mctominays performances has definitely made Fred up his game. I’m glad he is now showing what he can do.
petreleo
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby petreleo » 2019 Dec 08, 02:57

ronaldinho123 wrote:Top performance vs Tottenham last night.

Still to this day, I do not understand why this guys performances get overlooked on this site.

Yes, he’s not always consistent but that is what form is for. When he does show up he is a very good player.

At least have DM position added and remove AM.

There has been so many suggested stats to replicate his play style but his set has been left on ‘lets see how he gets on’ for so long now.

ronaldinho123 wrote:And another great performance today vs City. Mctominays performances has definitely made Fred up his game. I’m glad he is now showing what he can do.

Below I have quoted my previous post on him from last Season.
I am genuinely not even surprised he is finally coming good at United this Season, after being given the chance to make consecutive starts in a consistent partnership with McTominay in order to find chemistry, as they are two players who are mobile as well as aggressive both with and without the ball. Fred's only problem right now seems to be lack of consistency, because in some matches he can show poor form, but he does look better in that as well this Season.

petreleo wrote:Yeap, looks like a SPS>SPA player: adventurous with his short-passing, presumably having decent vision, but his accuracy as of late has been mediocre at best. Bad thing is that he does a lot of unforced errors with his passing inside his team's half, and if it had been in the opponent's half then it would have been much of a problem.

Now more of a general comment, Fred hasn't done well at Man United so far, but I think they could do a lot worse than giving him a good run of games instead of the deadwood. His stamina and pace look great and can also steal the ball. He is somebody who can literally "run" in midfield, the only other player at United except of Herrera who can "run" and maybe also McTominay (Pereira has good workrate but much preferring to have the ball at his feet& Pogba can run but cannot defend& Matic LOL).
He has some nice attributes, however playing-wise they haven't fall into place on the field yet for him since his transfer. I cannot see United signing 6 players in the Summer, and I think that Defensive-Mid or Central-Mid might be two positions they decide not to strengthen, at least for one of them even if I hope not, and if that's the case he needs a good run of games before we judge him. If he improves, great, but if he does not, at least he was given an opportunity.

Also, yeah, as ronaldinho123 said his Set needs Updates: DM position to be added as Secondary, and SM to be removed. Defence to rise by 2-3 points(Attack can also fall to 1-2) to replicate his current style and his improvement defensively. Dribble Speed Accuracy as well as Speed should be better, more specifically DA at high-greens or low-yellows, and DS around 76-77. He doesn't usually go on lengthy dribbling runs, but he is good at dribbling past one or two opponents with a quick movement in order to progress the ball higher up the pitch. His Short-Pass Accuracy and Speed values should be reversed to replicate what I have said in my previous post quoted above...He is an adventurous passer but his accuracy isn't always great and can lead to loss of possession. I can even see his SPS being close to 80 to be honest. Tenacity should also be at least 2-3 points higher than right now, as it has been a major improvement for him this Season in comparison to last Season. However, Form should probably fall to 4 in my opinion, to reflect as I have said above his biggest problem at the moment which is to maintain his great form in all the games he plays, and avoid some poor performances he has been having here and there.
ronaldinho123
New Contributor

Postby ronaldinho123 » 2019 Dec 08, 09:55

I agree with @petreleo post above.

To add my two cents:

I’d increase his SPS abit more to around 84. His forward ground passes have zip to them. (If) he pulls them off, its a straight accurate direct zip pass to a forwards feet. He’s shown this on numerous occasions.

His LPA is accurate too just slower than his ground passes. He has a good passing range. A few times this season i’ve seen stats that he has made the most key passes and had completed the most long balls than anyone else on the pitch.

Watch him, most of his passes are into the final 3rd. He’s a creative passer it just doesn’t always pay off.

Fred’s stats (on his day) looks something like this:

-Position *Cm, Dm

-TS 83
-RES 84-85
-DA 81
-DS 85
-SPA 84
-SPS 85
-LPA 83
-LPS 77
-FKA 80
-CURL 80
-TECH 82
-AGG 78
-MEN 74
-TW 80

-WFA 6
-WFF 7

Form: 3-4

*Tactical dribble
ronaldinho123
New Contributor

Postby ronaldinho123 » 2019 Dec 29, 10:25

Since my last post Fred is still registering top performances. He’ll be Utd’s player of December for certain and possibly premier league POTM.

Some more info to think about.
Fred has clocked the fastest speed for United so far this season. Ahead of Rashford 2nd and James 3rd.

McTominay was recently deservedly updated so where’s the update for Fred?

I am not speaking from an underrated argument anymore, its clear for the world to now see what this guy is about.
godsplan
New Stat Maker

Postby godsplan » 2020 Jan 17, 13:27

This guy's workrate is unbelievable, good to see him improving this season. If I had to tweak his stats I'd swap Def and Att and increase his SPS and both his WFF and WFA have better than this for the longest time. Even during his shite phase
godsplan
New Stat Maker

Postby godsplan » 2020 Feb 01, 22:33

This guy is good in a completely different manner to what I expected him. He won't set the tempo or play defense splitting passes every week. What he's good at though is hassling the opposition and being overall nuisance.

Att is definitely lower than 69 (65 maybe?), he's a Def>Att player, stamina is oranges though, his LPA could increase by 1 or 2 points with LPS getting a decrease into the whites because most of his long passes are just him switching play and nothing incisive. SPS is yellows but SPA should stay where it is or even get a slight decrease like 76 or something because it can particularly sketchy.

Here's my rough draft of him this season:

Att: 65

Def: 70

BB: 75

Sta: 92 (his running is endless)

Res: 83

SPA:77

SPS: 82

LPA: 82

LPS:74

SA:60 (he's awful at shooting)

Tec: 77

TW: 82

WFA: 5

WFF: 6
Flash Boy
PSD Youth League

Postby Flash Boy » 2020 Feb 02, 03:43

Sloskjaer should try to use him as left back
godsplan
New Stat Maker

Postby godsplan » 2020 Mar 08, 19:58

His improvement from meme to being one of the first names on the team sheet has been amazing. He just keeps on keeping on.

If he keeps this up he's going to be red in Stamina in the not so distant future. His engine is unbelievable.
stumink
New Stat Maker

Postby stumink » 2020 Mar 12, 13:27

His passlng stats and dribbling stats warrant an update. Petreleo suggestions look good. His dribbling is also underrated.
El Flaco
New Contributor

Postby El Flaco » 2020 May 27, 21:12

Is it just me or this guy is still absolutely shite and unreliable? You can't deny he's got some flair and ability to shine individually from time to time in the game, but he's so dumb and makes loads of errors both offensively and defensively. His DS can be impressive, but he's not consistently showing it, i am not saying that's a flaw per se, but he averages 1.08 progressive runs per 90 this season and 2.05 dribbles, which isn't a lot, i don't say he should do it more, because obviously he's trying to play in a more pragmatic fashion, due to position, to recycle possession, and so and and so on, but there's where most of the problems come from. He's so unreliable in possession near the goal, his awareness on the ball is crap, huge problems with decisions, and he oftenly lose the ball in dangerous area. That's why most of his good games came against stronger opposition, because that's where Man United are the best this season, not because Ole is some kind of genius, he's a moron, but his extremely basic system and set up is inherently counter attacking, and that's what he enjoys, fast transition from def to att with little positional duties. I think he could be a really good addition to some team that can constantly, or more consitently play on counters (Man Utd can't afford that because they are still stronger than more than half of the league, with that big name factor too) because he's fucking useless if you keep the ball and try to control the game through possession, not becaue he hasn't got technical qualities for that, he's just too inept and dumb.
It's me, Relja. Live and in stereo.
anOKguy

Postby anOKguy » 2020 May 27, 23:00

There are some definitely decent points mentioned at times above In people’s posts like SPS > SPA for sure and DMF being needed as a position. He’s a simple player, presses hard, works hard, and best when playing within his limits. Got his moments dribbling, but not a real facet of his game shown regularly. Defensively he is able to contribute a decent amount with that pressing and response. He’s a good athlete, but not too much more as a player. Definitely going to have that baggage of the cost over him, but that aside as far as squad depth he’s solid I guess. Definitely not starter material for the side or any that level. As long as he’s pressing and stealing the ball he’s going to be alright, but ask him to do more and there is disappointment waiting.
CHUK
New Contributor

Postby CHUK » 2020 May 30, 22:26

HI Guys.

I think that passes should be 80+
dribble accuracy near 84
and teamwork near 85

I think that skills will be more right
CHUK
New Contributor

Postby CHUK » 2020 May 30, 22:28

Hi guys

i think that passses and dribbkle accuracy should be mpre than 80.
Dío
New Stat Maker

Postby Dío » 2020 Jun 15, 12:34

Thoughts in his Ball Winning? 65 seems kinda low imo
anOKguy

Postby anOKguy » 2020 Jun 15, 14:40

Dío wrote:Thoughts in his Ball Winning? 65 seems kinda low imo

Totally undervalued. Good catch! Might be +10 no?
ronaldinho123
New Contributor

Postby ronaldinho123 » 2020 Jun 30, 06:44

His WFA and WFF needs raising. He is fully capable of using both feet. Not Greenwood level with both feet but good enough.

https://twitter.com/manutd/status/12633 ... 72896?s=21
anOKguy

Postby anOKguy » 2020 Jun 30, 13:04

ronaldinho123 wrote:His WFA and WFF needs raising. He is fully capable of using both feet. Not Greenwood level with both feet but good enough.

https://twitter.com/manutd/status/12633 ... 72896?s=21

Definitely, he actually uses his weak foot A TON when you pay attention to it. Think for frequency at least a 6. There was a stat showing him as also one of the most two footed players in terms of use of non-dominant foot when passing/dribbling in the league per 90 to back that up with more than the eye test: https://twitter.com/distancecovered/sta ... 31072?s=21

They found Fred actually used his non-dominant foot with the 4th highest frequency in the league as it compares to dominant foot. Not a basis to decide a number on for sure and strictly limited to just passing, but an interesting graphic and concept in general so I added it

Return to “Manchester United FC”