Postby PES Stats Database » 2012 Sep 09, 22:27

Full Name: Frederico Rodrigues de Paula Santos

ronaldinho123
New Contributor

Re: Fred

Postby ronaldinho123 » 2018 Aug 14, 07:32

lfc 4 eva wrote:
ronaldinho123 wrote:
420 wrote:watched some highlights from last year and yes, this set is HEAVILY outdated. My impressions of him are something like orange for SPA and DS, high yellows for DA, BC, LPA and AGI. And he looks pretty strong for his size.

After watching him vs Real Madrid in pre-season, I have to agree with this. Fred alongside Pogba will be very exciting.

That combination of stats would make him one of the best CMs in the world

He's got the potential to be one of the best once he adapts to the intensity of the premier league. Either way his set needs improving and those are the stand out stats I also see when watching him so far. Along with a raise in RES.

You can see why City was also after him.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2018 Aug 14, 12:36

I've watched everything i could of him, and I just can't see what people are talking about in this thread, maybe it's projection of what they want to see at united, or maybe it's just over-excitment. Or MAYBE he has what they are talking about, but shows it once in a blue moon. What I see is a small, nippy, high energy ball winner cm, with decent technical stats whos quite agile. Somewhat like ramires, if he has yellow spa, he doensn't opt to show it, plays simple passes and very little else. Shows more freedom and inventivness with his long balls, which are decent. Doesn't seem to be particulary tidy with the ball, but again, decent, still waiting to see that DS, which could quite be possible. Essentially I'm deleting the old set and giving him a new set based purely on what hes shown in pre-season and his first game, we can fill in the rest as he plays more.
Eternal Night
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby Eternal Night » 2018 Aug 14, 13:09

Please, change that pic :?

Code: Select all

[img]https://i.imgur.com/pk0uGIb.png[/img]

The intelligent people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
Elivelton
New Stat Maker

Postby Elivelton » 2018 Aug 14, 22:00

At some time ago with the help of pcrooce and some other infos from other people i tried to sum every info i got into pes numbers, it was long time ago and mostly based on shakhtar performances i will put some numbers here and some informations but some of them are redundant considering jurgens update and his comments.

Fred is very capable of iniating counter-attacks with his DS.. id say his best moment are showing DS is when he uses his weak foot, while his final speed has always been talked as being nothing impressive and people rated him somewhere around 79-81, he can pretty much keep most of his speed while running, i guess we may need some time to see him showing his true potential here, at some point i was even thinking hes closer than 90 than i thought.
Another common thing is how he wasnt that fluid at making turns as 87.
He is strong for his size but i dont have any direct comparison tbh, EPL is a good place to know the right number.
His style as said by Jurgens is a ball winner CM, very energetic and agressive at making tackles, while also showing good support for his team, i personally have gave him DEF > ATK, but the DEF number was questioned of maybe being too high, but his overall tackling was decent, also needed a yellow response here.
His passing is most of time very conservative and on rare occasions he showed some nice short passing, i like to highlight his short passing here because thats where i saw as his main ability and where he showed the best accuracy/vision/speed to do nice things here, his LPA while good are slower and less incisive. The first sign of adapation to PL is that i think he is doing more long passes than before.
Another thing is that he showed a nice DA/TECH, his DA was good specially when using his weak foot, at the same time he could also keep a high DS, this is probably another thing we may see later on his MAN U career.
TW was another main factor of him, as his effort to make supportive movements and participaing on the build-up was high and one of his main caracteristic.
Also need a better WFF to replicate his wlling to use his weak foot mainly at dribbling.
His Tech is good and is better than his DA but sometimes he may show some bad touches.
I remember that he showed some prowess at taking FKs, i dont think he is at never take Fks or very bad levels here.
His aggression was something that i wasnt sure on how to rate but he isnt going that often on the box he is more like in the low 70s.
No need for *reaction star as he barely does those things, but *1touch pass is probably needed.

i was reluctant to post these but got inspired by this video showing his first game performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLs5zgkxwcU
Feel free to use this as needed, he may show or not some of these things talked here.
Some numbers like attack and stamina are the same or have very few differences from the set here so i will not post them.

Numbers:
Defence: 70
Top Speed: 81
Response: 82
Agility: 84
Dribble Accuracy: 82
Dribble Speed: 82
Short Pass Accuracy: 81
Short Pass Speed: 81
Long Pass Accuracy: 79
Long Pass Speed: 78
Free Kick Accuracy: 70
Curling: 72
Jump: 84
Technique: 82
Teamwork: 83

Weak Foot Accuracy: 6
Weak Foot Frequency: 7

Dribbling (tbh im not sure about frequency, this star is questionable)
Tactical Dribble
1 Touch Pass

Edit: i also made some changes to his shooting as he was decent at this aspect when he had the chance.
Last edited by Elivelton on 2018 Nov 11, 04:25, edited 7 times in total.
ronaldinho123
New Contributor

Postby ronaldinho123 » 2018 Aug 15, 07:13

jurgens wrote:I've watched everything i could of him, and I just can't see what people are talking about in this thread, maybe it's projection of what they want to see at united, or maybe it's just over-excitment. Or MAYBE he has what they are talking about, but shows it once in a blue moon. What I see is a small, nippy, high energy ball winner cm, with decent technical stats whos quite agile. Somewhat like ramires, if he has yellow spa, he doensn't opt to show it, plays simple passes and very little else. Shows more freedom and inventivness with his long balls, which are decent. Doesn't seem to be particulary tidy with the ball, but again, decent, still waiting to see that DS, which could quite be possible. Essentially I'm deleting the old set and giving him a new set based purely on what hes shown in pre-season and his first game, we can fill in the rest as he plays more.

I've personally only been speaking from seeing his set here and then watching his highlights from last season to compare and he seemed very underrated. Wether he joined United or not, his set needed an update from when he was at Shaktar.

I agree with you in basically making him prove himself but his standout attributes are clear to see in his highlights.

https://youtu.be/d_o3KLBnm44
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2018 Aug 15, 11:31

I agree with you in basically making him prove himself but his standout attributes are clear to see in his highlights.

I havn't watched highlight videos of him, because they leave you with a very inaccurate impression of a player. For example, you watch kante highlights and he'll be in 90s ds, high yellows spa/lpa and in yellow DA. Making him much more well rounded than he actually is. We need to rate players based on the consistency of their key abilities, rather than maximum they've ever shown, otherwise the maximum becomes the standard in-game.

Like I said though, he hasn't shown anything da/ds/spa wise in all his games so far for united, which says alot I'd say, as it's been about 5 games. We'll see how he progresses, Consider this update a summary of his pre-season and first games, we'll fill in the rest as he shows more.
ronaldinho123
New Contributor

Postby ronaldinho123 » 2018 Aug 15, 21:39

jurgens wrote:

I havn't watched highlight videos of him, because they leave you with a very inaccurate impression of a player. For example, you watch kante highlights and he'll be in 90s ds, high yellows spa/lpa and in yellow DA. Making him much more well rounded than he actually is. We need to rate players based on the consistency of their key abilities, rather than maximum they've ever shown, otherwise the maximum becomes the standard in-game.

Like I said though, he hasn't shown anything da/ds/spa wise in all his games so far for united, which says alot I'd say, as it's been about 5 games. We'll see how he progresses, Consider this update a summary of his pre-season and first games, we'll fill in the rest as he shows more.

Fair enough, good point.
Viyut
Regular Poster

Postby Viyut » 2018 Aug 19, 16:52

Set feels generous for what he has showed today. He was slow, woeful DA, made several mistakes during the match. You could give the excuse that he needs to adapt to england, or that he just had a bad day, but he's looking like a worse player than he used to be in his Inter days when it comes to technical skills (and he wasn't even that great back then).
The goalkeeper isn't another one, he is THE number one!
Moysís
Regular Poster

Postby Moysís » 2018 Aug 19, 17:00

All United players today looks more than horrible, even Pogba seems like a second league player with numerous wrong passes.. Always same poor tactic from Mourinho with all those long balls to Lukaku from center of field without good support from Mata and Martial, center field empty.. everything looks today bad and unbalanced along with last line of defence..
ronaldinho123
New Contributor

Postby ronaldinho123 » 2018 Dec 24, 07:54

After a few months of seeing what Fred is about for man utd and brazil. I'd say he easily needs updating in these stats.

RES +3: he intercepts quite alot of passes.

DS +10: He has speed running with the ball at his feet. Normally shows this after intercepting. Turning defence to attack.

SPA +5: His short passes are very accurate. He drives fast and direct passes to his team mates feet. Which leads me to my next point

SPS +10: As mentioned above. Hard, driven, direct forward passes to players feet.

FKA +17: He has shown he has freekicks in him at Utd. Never scored one but has easily shown he can take them.

Curling +11: Again. He has shown signs at Utd that he can take good curling freekicks.

AGG +13: He joins all attacking plays from the midfield. Always bombs forward.

WFA: 6
WFF: 6
godsplan
New Stat Maker

Postby godsplan » 2018 Dec 24, 15:16

If him and other United players, played for Liverpool they definitely would have better sets.
Spidey
New Contributor

Postby Spidey » 2018 Dec 25, 16:28

ronaldinho123 wrote:After a few months of seeing what Fred is about for man utd and brazil. I'd say he easily needs updating in these stats.

DS +10: He has speed running with the ball at his feet. Normally shows this after intercepting. Turning defence to attack.

SPA +5: His short passes are very accurate. He drives fast and direct passes to his team mates feet. Which leads me to my next point

SPS +10: As mentioned above. Hard, driven, direct forward passes to players feet.

FKA +17: He has shown he has freekicks in him at Utd. Never scored one but has easily shown he can take them.

Curling +11: Again. He has shown signs at Utd that he can take good curling freekicks.

That would make him one of the best CM of Premier League..

He has some talents but he is not very constant at United

But I think we can delete SM* and SS* of his positions, he hasn't played there for a long time and maybe add DM*
ronaldinho123
New Contributor

Postby ronaldinho123 » 2018 Dec 25, 21:59

Spidey wrote:
ronaldinho123 wrote:After a few months of seeing what Fred is about for man utd and brazil. I'd say he easily needs updating in these stats.

That would make him one of the best CM of Premier League..

He has some talents but he is not very constant at United

But I think we can delete SM* and SS* of his positions, he hasn't played there for a long time and maybe add DM*

I think it would rather explain what he was doing at Shaktar for him to even be brought to the Premier League...

Just my two cents.
Viyut
Regular Poster

Postby Viyut » 2018 Dec 26, 01:47

He has barely played this season, less than 800 minutes, was bad on most of the matches he was on and people are already storming in this topic asking for upgrades. At least wait till he completes half a season of consistent playtime before doing so, honestly.

As someone who has watched him play in Brazil, and a few of his matches for Utd. While i believe he's got the talent for higher stats in certain areas, most notably in DA, he's quite mediocre as a player, and him getting playtime at utd says more about the quality of their squad than it does about his level as a player.

I never quite understood what some pundits think they see on him, even back in Brazil. He has some tidy da, i'd say 85 on a very good day (which he hasn't had since his Inter days) but he doesn't have any other particularly special attributes, the kind that set him apart from the rest of the league, in fact he's average to below average at everything. His agent has to be incredibly good, to be able to brainwash people into thinking he's anything more than an overhyped average player, and to get him a huge transfer like this.

Doubt me? Look at his whoscored ratings. You can even look at the ratings for his Shakhtar days. While i don't consider them very trustworthy in general, it's a bit telling how low his match ratings have been at Utd. Maybe he'll turn it around in the second half of the season? I'd hold off on changing this set until when/if he turns things around and starts performing on a higher level. I highly doubt it though.
ronaldinho123
New Contributor

Postby ronaldinho123 » 2018 Dec 26, 13:02

Viyut wrote:He has barely played this season, less than 800 minutes, was bad on most of the matches he was on and people are already storming in this topic asking for upgrades. At least wait till he completes half a season of consistent playtime before doing so, honestly.

As someone who has watched him play in Brazil, and a few of his matches for Utd. While i believe he's got the talent for higher stats in certain areas, most notably in DA, he's quite mediocre as a player, and him getting playtime at utd says more about the quality of their squad than it does about his level as a player.

I never quite understood what some pundits think they see on him, even back in Brazil. He has some tidy da, i'd say 85 on a very good day (which he hasn't had since his Inter days) but he doesn't have any other particularly special attributes, the kind that set him apart from the rest of the league, in fact he's average to below average at everything. His agent has to be incredibly good, to be able to brainwash people into thinking he's anything more than an overhyped average player, and to get him a huge transfer like this.

Doubt me? Look at his whoscored ratings. You can even look at the ratings for his Shakhtar days. While i don't consider them very trustworthy in general, it's a bit telling how low his match ratings have been at Utd. Maybe he'll turn it around in the second half of the season? I'd hold off on changing this set until when/if he turns things around and starts performing on a higher level. I highly doubt it though.

You do realise Man Utd as a wholes performance this season has been below average right? Thanks to Mourinho but we will all see what Fred is capable of under OGS.

In Fred, even with the little time he has been given I can see he is the following:

-A ball winning midfielder
-A responsive player (even on those days when his overall performance was bad)
-A tactical dribbler
-A left footed player who is comfortable using his right
-A player that can dribble with speed on the ball
-A player with a good passing range (better on the ground)
-A player with a high work rate
-Someone who has quite abit of strength for his height
-An offensive midfielder that consistently bombs forward on attacks
-A potentially good free kick taker.
-An agile player

Ive also seen him make many mistakes, lose the ball under pressure and make bad long passing decisions.

He's not world class nor do i think he ever will be but he looks to me a good starting/rotation squad player for a top team.

Im just trying to focus on his actual abilities than his performance scores so he has an accurate set that mimics his play style in-game. Many things can affects a players performance but you can not take someones abilities from them once they aquire them.
godsplan
New Stat Maker

Postby godsplan » 2019 Jan 16, 10:58

Couple of things stand out in his set which I'd change.

ATT: 69>73. He's always looking for the forward pass and joining attacks

DEF: 65>60. He's a good presser but clueless defensively otherwise. Main reason he didn't feature under Mourinho is because he's very suspect. He presses high and leaves space behind. Little to no tactical awareness.

RES: 81>83. Although I'm pretty happy with how it is atm

DA: 77>82. Good dribbler

DS: 73>80. He's not Martial but he's capable of dribbling at pace

SPA:78>80. Underrated part of his game, which will definitely improve but for now I'd give him this value

SPS: 77>83/84. His passes have that zip to them almost a bit like Henderson

FKA: 63>78. He scored one against last season iirc and Rui Patricio saved another beauty from this season as well.

CUR: 69>75. Although this value will improve I'm sure.

TEC: 79>75. His first touch is awful

AGG: 70> 78. He's looking to break forward. Could be a useful player on the counter with his ACC, TS and SPS

TW: 75>80. He's always looking for a 1-2 and getting into space.

WFF 5
Viyut
Regular Poster

Postby Viyut » 2019 Mar 30, 07:03

I've yet to see a match that he played for United where he wasn't either United's worst player or the worst player on the entire pitch. Certainly didn't live up to the retarded hype we saw on the beginning of this season.
godsplan
New Stat Maker

Postby godsplan » 2019 Apr 11, 08:46

This guy is a bit of an enigma, looks way out his depth against Reading and in the league in general but looks good in the CL.

My theory is that although the CL teams press better they press "smarter" as in they look for triggers to pounce on rather than the relentless pressing we see here in England. So in Europe he's afforded that extra second to think which shows because he's been good against both PSG and Barca. Another theory is that he plays deeper especially in games where Matic doesn't play therefore he feels more comfortable dictating the tempo from deep.

I remember suggesting 83 RES but I can go even higher here, perhaps 85? He's very good at interceptions and then breaking forward. Also he's a surprisingly good tackler, so I take back my suggestion that his Def should be dropped.

Still very raw (especially technically) but has the makings of a good player, perhaps not 50 million worthy but I can see why City were interested in him (press resistant, safe in possession etc)
godsplan
New Stat Maker

Postby godsplan » 2019 Apr 13, 19:55

Another accomplished performance today again in a deeper position, honestly neither Matic or Herrera should replace him in the XI. Has carved out a niche for himself in this team, deep lying playmaker although his distribution skills aren't anything special. His best qualities are his engine and interception skills, he's a bit like Kante in that sense but he's better in tight spaces and a better passer (IMO) but not as accomplished at defending or reading the game. Another comparison I can think of Naby Keita without the Agg or Att skills. All three are small high energy midfielders with average technical ability (passing, dribbling)

What's clear to me at least is that TW (yellows), Res (85 imo) and to a lesser extent SPA(80-82) and WFF (definitely 7) could get an increase.

Edit: 30 ball recoveries in the last 2 games

Proof: https://twitter.com/StatmanDave/status/ ... 2189757445 and https://twitter.com/StatmanDave/status/ ... 53472?s=09
godsplan
New Stat Maker

Postby godsplan » 2019 Apr 17, 16:04

He's been playing DM a lot recently and played it at Shakhtar with Stepanenko in most UCL games. So it's safe to say that's a position he's comfortable playing, time to add *DM I think.

Return to “Manchester United FC”