PSD Backbone

David de Gea

Postby PES Stats Database » 2012 Jun 21, 06:59

Full Name: David de Gea Quintana

New Stat Maker

Re: David de Gea

Postby 420 » 2018 Dec 26, 18:08

https://z-p3-scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.n ... e=5CD12020

And someone said he is past his prime... Man is a beast, best keeper in the world!
Paddy
PSD Guru

Postby Paddy » 2019 Jan 13, 05:24

Still in the top 3 keepers in the world. He has regressed though.
New Stat Maker

Postby 420 » 2019 Jan 13, 18:16

no he hasn't and spurs game as an evidence. i don't know what could Oblak be doing to have higher DEF and GKS, David is just superhuman
Paddy
PSD Guru

Postby Paddy » 2019 Jan 13, 19:20

He has, you can't use one game as evidence when there are 20 others which show otherwise.
Moysís
Regular Poster

Postby Moysís » 2019 Jan 13, 21:40

Dave saves today and always, no doubt about the best currently..
godsplan
New Stat Maker

Postby godsplan » 2019 Jan 16, 14:56

Doesn't he deserve the 1-on-1 Stopper? He's not a sweeper keeper but he's really safe vs an attacker
biondi
New Contributor

Postby biondi » 2019 Feb 26, 18:31

casillas: 95 ks, de gea: 96, this was unexpected
pcrooce
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby pcrooce » 2019 Apr 13, 19:08

Paddy
PSD Guru

Postby Paddy » 2019 Apr 17, 17:16

Amazing mistake yesterday.

He's undoubtedly still a great keeper but he has been piss poor (by his very high standards) since before the world cup. He cost us a goal against West Ham with his shite distribution, he got beaten at his near post too. He was piss poor last night and its not the first time he's messed up an easy goal. Xhaka's goal against him last month was also a shocking mistake.

Oblak and Ter Stegen are both better, and Ederson and Allison have also both been better this season. Even if you don't agree with me about his Def, Res and GKS being too high, please nerf his Long Pass accuracy, his long passing and short passing are both dire.

This isn't a lone thought.

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/1118234734956548097

https://twitter.com/MarkOgden_/status/1 ... 2552583168

https://twitter.com/AlexShawESPN/status ... 2936476673

He should have saved this:
https://streamable.com/3yzik

Beaten at his front post from miles out here:
https://www.clippituser.tv/c/vbxela

What is he even doing here?
https://streamable.com/786hl
lito5
New Stat Maker

Postby lito5 » 2019 Apr 17, 21:44

Paddy wrote:Amazing mistake yesterday.

He's undoubtedly still a great keeper but he has been piss poor (by his very high standards) since before the world cup. He cost us a goal against West Ham with his shite distribution, he got beaten at his near post too. He was piss poor last night and its not the first time he's messed up an easy goal. Xhaka's goal against him last month was also a shocking mistake.

Oblak and Ter Stegen are both better, and Ederson and Allison have also both been better this season. Even if you don't agree with me about his Def, Res and GKS being too high, please nerf his Long Pass accuracy, his long passing and short passing are both dire.

This isn't a lone thought.

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/1118234734956548097

https://twitter.com/MarkOgden_/status/1 ... 2552583168

https://twitter.com/AlexShawESPN/status ... 2936476673

He should have saved this:
https://streamable.com/3yzik

Beaten at his front post from miles out here:
https://www.clippituser.tv/c/vbxela

What is he even doing here?
https://streamable.com/786hl

1054/5000
I agree with your assessment, in my opinion oblak is much safer and more consistent than de gea, although that does not mean that de gea is a bad goalkeeper he is fixed in a top 5 of best goalkeepers worldwide (in my opinion) he has very good matches has saved the manchester united of infinity of goals and always makes saves of high level of exigency, but from time to time it enters a spirit of Renny "crazy departures" Vega and makes horrible mistakes, but this is not something that commits so often and perhaps the fact that in most of the games (especially with mourinho) he was exhausted from so much cover and cover shots that weighs on his conscience and despite being an excellent goalkeeper can also commit one or another error is human and being odjectives ALL the soccer players have made mistakes throughout their career, but taking back what has been said by you certainly of gea is not a goalkeeper to deserve 67 SPA, 73 in LPA and green in LPS he is not a good passer and he has shown But apart of that he remains a top-level goalkeeper
Paddy
PSD Guru

Postby Paddy » 2019 Apr 21, 13:06

Another game, another mistake. How slowly did he react to the second...
Paddy
PSD Guru

Postby Paddy » 2019 Apr 24, 20:30

Paddy wrote:Another game, another mistake. How slowly did he react to the second...

And again.
Paddy
PSD Guru

Postby Paddy » 2019 Apr 24, 23:37

I find it really annoying how little action united players get when their posts are far more active than the likes of City. Bernardo Silva has been updated more times in the last 2 weeks than most united players have been
vinnie
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby vinnie » 2019 Apr 25, 00:37

Paddy wrote:I find it really annoying how little action united players get when their posts are far more active than the likes of City. Bernardo Silva has been updated more times in the last 2 weeks than most united players have been

it has to do with mod activity. city are an interesting team to watch nowadays with an exciting technical style, so global mods are more likely to follow and update players just out of interest.

we used to have Welbeck19 who was a united mod; i helped him from time to time but he primarily handled united. he's since become inactive in the last year and a half though.

i don't watch as much united since the last year and a half either. it's just because of the kind of team they've become, which has been typically wooden mourinho football. i'm a big fan of plenty of united's players: martial, mata, lukaku, somewhat pogba, and i do think luke shaw [if no longer,] once had the talent to be a great fullback. But with the way they play since 2nd season mourinho.. i'm not interested in watching those matches.

going onto de gea, i have to agree- de gea has looked increasingly errant since the world cup. the goals he's been conceding lately have been very disappointing to see.

i've not commented much on de gea the last few years because i've been expecting a big jump into a next level of ability out of him.

I've always seen some incredible glimpses of ability by de gea that suggested he was capable of some incredible peak level. He looked to be somewhat approaching that potential level last season, but he's still had his strange errors here and there even throughout his streak of 5 good seasons that made me cautious about how to rate him.

now the errors are compounding, and de gea looks clearly unfocused and distracted. i'm not sure what should be done about it all, but if this continues he'll certainly require some downgrades, particularly in his GKS.

lpa should go down to 70 right now though, this is just an update that was overlooked. de gea was a really really good distributor coming into the league at 20, but he's long since become less consistent and daring.
If you don't put effort into your post, i won't put effort in my response.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2019 Apr 25, 01:45

ironically, manchester united has some of the most updates of all teams in the epl in the last two months
also can't see where any good suggestions in the last few months haven't been updated?

New Stat Maker

Postby 420 » 2019 Apr 25, 10:21

Form 7 looks really out of place now
Paddy
PSD Guru

Postby Paddy » 2019 Apr 25, 14:17

jurgens wrote:ironically, manchester united has some of the most updates of all teams in the epl in the last two months
also can't see where any good suggestions in the last few months haven't been updated?

Chris Smalling has been downgraded since it was agreed he should be updated.
Lukaku too ages of arguing to be restored to somewhat accurate levels.
de Gea hasn't been downgraded bare his form, his positioning and response have both been high 80s at most over the last few months.
Lingard's TW was downgraded massively without discussion
Martial has never been upgraded despite many people agreeing he should be.
Dalot hasn't been upgraded since January despite 3 people thinking he should be
Bailly is rated as good as Smalling when it comes to defence according to here
Sanchez has been pending a massive downgrade for MONTHS
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2019 Apr 25, 14:57

He was updated, but feedback from others is that hes not worth that def. So hes been updated multiple times, just didn't keep the def value.

Not really ages, he got nerfed and restored.

de Gea hasn't been downgraded bare his form, his positioning and response have both been high 80s at most over the last few months.

We give leeway to keepers because they all tend to have patches of bad form, De gea has performed for years in a row, should we downgrade so suddenly? I don't know, these things take time.

It was upgraded by me based on a ex-mods incorrect understanding of TW. Hence it was reduced by me. Talked about on Discord.

Also updated prior to this with attack raise.

True, we are being cautious since the sample size for him is small, hes only been added in January.

Been injured for so long then hardly played this season.

Sanchez has received one of the biggest downgrades on the site and been updated several times since then.

So basically, we have constant updates. So what is it? That we aren't updating (which we clearly are), or that your vision isn't being implemented exactly?
You gotta understand that we take a certain level of caution with updates for teams mods aren't actively following.
Whoah10115
Regular Poster

Postby Whoah10115 » 2019 Apr 25, 16:34

De Gea looks like he wants that Alexis money.
lfc 4 eva
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby lfc 4 eva » 2019 Apr 25, 18:05

Paddy wrote:
jurgens wrote:ironically, manchester united has some of the most updates of all teams in the epl in the last two months

Outside of the trendy front 3 + Van Dijk and Trent Liverpool has a bunch of players that haven't been updated in donkeys years too. Milners set looks like its still from his Man City days. The mods here do a good job but it is clearly not as active as the glory days of the site 10 or so years ago.

But anyway on De Gea, he seems like he's going the way of Joe Hart. I suspect this may just be a bad patch of form rather than a long term decline though.

Return to “Manchester United FC”