Raheem Sterling

Moderators: BigStu, anOKguy, Brahms, Jez, Welbeck19, Phil, Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Raheem Sterling

Postby PES Stats Database » 2012 Aug 24, 08:35

Last edited by PIPA23 on 2014 Sep 17, 02:04, edited 3 times in total.
Rex
Regular Poster

Re: Raheem Sterling

Postby Rex » 2017 Nov 07, 13:13

I know that his attack will stay at 83 (just seen the chat) but i must say his decisions in the final third are sometimes extremely, awfuly dumb. Remember the latest vs Arsenal?
I always rated him, i was really excited bout him 3 years ago, but i cannot remember a single game with no terrible decision made, and everything started to be annoying at euros . He is dangerous, he's great a runner, he can get in behind, he can dribble, but unfortunatelly he's far from being an elite player in possession. He is suitable for current Pep's system, but i doubt this guy would make any difference in any side with no such a fluid play. Leroy Sane is undeservedly more critized here, as he's much more complete, with all the flaws also related to his decisions, but his shooting, finishing, and decisions making is everything above Sterling. Raheems development havent been ideal since 2014. tbh i expected much more from him, especially on the ball (not DA, anything related to tech)

But, when i see his awful shooting replicated fine with stats, 83 att is fine.
Relja's not dead
toaad
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby toaad » 2017 Nov 07, 20:55

Although he isnt an ideal player for a ball possession system and often makes mistaken decisions, still find him to be an extremely important and dangerous player. He is essential for range/amplitude in the team, good rating work off ball in addition to physical strength. Also is skilled, maybe not at the level they said but still very good, his eye for passing is very interesting and seems to have improved his instincts for the goal/ aggressiveness in his game essence.

I really dont know if atk at 83 is correct, since he shows he is often wrong in the choices but I dont think the value should be so different - imo is even a small value in proportion to the player he could become.
Even more, o no longer see this crazy obsession of Pep in having the ball always, not in the sense of the pressing game of the City to be always work the ball possession, it seems to me that Pep has transformed the City into a team that is always attacking, with the ball or even after pressing in the fast transition to attack (gegerpressing) and Sterling seems very useful in this diversified and extremely dynamic system offensively.

He is a very dangerous player but this in fact does not mean "intelligence", imo 83 is ok.
Phil
Valued Contributor

Postby Phil » 2017 Nov 30, 15:53

I've always been a big fan of Raheem since his Liverpool days, and this season has shown how dangerous he can be in an expansive and fluid attacking team like City. I hated how he used to hug the line on the left in the past in a really rigid formation as it ignores all of his strengths as a player, plus his crossing is woeful. If you let him roam free and make those diagonal runs he will cause so much danger as his movement is really incredible. I think I suggested orange AGG before, which has become all the more evident. Should have lower crossing stats too, he can show nice cut back passes from wide but his crossing is not this good, LPS especially shouldn't be green.
BigStu
PSD Guru

Postby BigStu » 2017 Nov 30, 18:34

tweaked, seem like reasonable suggestions, also fixed ball winning which erroneous and tweaked the new gen strength stats
Rex
Regular Poster

Postby Rex » 2017 Dec 27, 20:27

His decisions making aside, his movement is so good, Salah tier. He's defo for *lines + Reaction
Relja's not dead
Ocrin
Valued Contributor

Postby Ocrin » 2018 Feb 01, 05:02

I don't follow Man City that much but every time I watch them, his movement and poaching ability strike me. Maybe they seem so obvious to me because they just aren't the kind of stuff you expect from Sterling, but his RES looks quite good and he has pretty good movement off the ball, almost always in the right spot.

Even his decision looks actually good now, that was one of his worst flaws back in the day.
Everyone knew it was impossible. Then came along a fool who didn't know it, and he did it.
dakar95
Regular Poster

Postby dakar95 » 2018 Mar 29, 05:48

His acc must be on red to me.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2018 Apr 10, 21:04

I think it's pretty evident the gap between him and Sane in dribbling and dribbling speed, especially consistency wise. Sterlings DA looks masterful very regularly, might be under-rated.
bitz
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby bitz » 2018 Jul 14, 14:40

Mentality-wise he's been crap during the WC. Full of mistakes and wrong decisions.
Yazid
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Yazid » 2018 Jul 14, 16:57

That's not something that's ever changed, he's always made horrible decisions. That's why I firmly believe his attack is too high. I rate his movement very highly, he is a very intelligent player off the ball. Unfortunately, in a team environment where he is required t do more on the ball, he always makes the wrong decision. I'm not sure how you would replicate the fact that he is such a dangerous player without the ball but so poor with it.
bitz

Postby bitz » 2018 Jul 15, 10:13

Yazid wrote:That's not something that's ever changed, he's always made horrible decisions. That's why I firmly believe his attack is too high. I rate his movement very highly, he is a very intelligent player off the ball. Unfortunately, in a team environment where he is required t do more on the ball, he always makes the wrong decision. I'm not sure how you would replicate the fact that he is such a dangerous player without the ball but so poor with it.

Nerfing his stamina, mentality and perhaps teamwork would emulate his erroneous decisionmaking as the game progresses, without taking away from his attacking intelligence. Adding some cards like darting run, *lines to enhance his quality of movement wouldn't hurt either.
furymaker
PSD Elite

Postby furymaker » 2018 Jul 16, 13:06

one thing that bothers me with him is his ST or RES, I feel like he's pretty bad at both, he cant position himself to score, he gets himself in insane positions consistently, he knows where to be, but he just doesnt react like he should, but his offball movements are great, not only for creating for others, but for himself as well
VUKDS

Postby VUKDS » 2018 Jul 16, 13:41

Actually, his Response and of the ball intelligence are his deadly weapons. His off the ball runs are probably his key quality, which is very well replicated with the current ATT+RES+speed combo.
In my opinion, we should cut him in the Mentality and perhaps shooting, maybe even passing, to make him be less impotent.

Spoiler: show
he cant position himself to score, he gets himself in insane positions consistently

What do you mean by this?
furymaker
PSD Elite

Postby furymaker » 2018 Jul 16, 22:21

when he gets himself in position to strike a ball, he always fails, i meant cant position himself to shoot, he's like professional version of people that we joke around that they have 2 left feet, this season he has failed so many times to score due to having his body in such a weird position to shoot or tap in the ball, its weird to explain.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2018 Jul 16, 22:44

cause hes a right footer, playing on the right side, it's very awkward to shoot from the positions he comes.
Ocrin
Valued Contributor

Postby Ocrin » 2018 Dec 01, 21:28

https://streamable.com/rta5e

Impressive DA there.
Everyone knew it was impossible. Then came along a fool who didn't know it, and he did it.
false 9
PSD Youth League

Postby false 9 » 2018 Dec 11, 03:58

In terms of pure da and close control I would consider the current scale to be Bernardo Silva > Mahrez > Sane (although this is becoming harder to judge nowadays, especially of late Sane has shown some exceptional control in tight spaces in the box, really audacious and tricky with his dribbling and general body movements) > Sterling, but the current values suggest Sterling is the second best in terms of close control. I feel Sterling generally shows an impressive level of close control, somewhere around the region of 85 or so, but that he relies more so on his quick movements and turn of pace to wrong-foot defenders, while the other players are more reliant upon their close control. I feel that while da is fairly integral for the other players, Sterling's game relies more on his exploitation of space and his link up play coupled with his pace off the ball. Interested in hearing the views of the forum in this respect
Luhum
PSD Youth League

Postby Luhum » 2018 Dec 12, 14:44

For months now i have the feeling that the best solution for Sterling would be to increase his RES significantly.

Sterling is a fantastic off the ball runner, i honestly do see him as a world class line breaker, and that special ability should really be a must for Sterling. The level of his runs in behind is Mbappe tier really, fucking world class, incredible timing all the time.

https://youtu.be/Xuj3A0-FpK0?t=112 look at this, amazing stuff really, what a run.

He does that all the time, i'll edit more examples later, but what do you all think about that?

And yeah, agreed with F9 about his DA.
Paddy
PSD Guru

Postby Paddy » 2019 Mar 11, 21:27

Raheem Sterling has improved over the last 2 seasons to being one of the best players in the Premier League, unfortunately that isn't shown here. He should have have better shooting than Lingard easily, I could see his SA in the 80s, SP low 80s, and ST low 80s also. His Attack rating should also be in the 90s. Passing, Technique and Teamwork could all be higher too.
sunsaegnim
New Stat Maker

Postby sunsaegnim » 2019 Mar 12, 15:42

I could see him with the same attack as Mané or a point bellow (88-87). Regarding his shooting I use 75 sa and 81 sp for him, he still misses some easy shots but sometimes he seems like high green in sa to me, he hits the corners more often now, no better than lingard though imo. His spa is what make his different to me, he has great vision and I would suggest 82 this value and at least 79 in his lpa.

Return to “Manchester City FC”