Kevin De Bruyne

Moderators: BigStu, anOKguy, Brahms, Phil, Welbeck19, Jez, Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Kevin De Bruyne

Postby PES Stats Database » 2010 Oct 31, 21:16

Last edited by Ajacied_Breda1 on 2010 Nov 01, 20:42, edited 1 time in total.
CheckTheShizzah
Former Lurker

Re: Kevin de Bruyne

Postby CheckTheShizzah » 2016 Sep 10, 17:01

Shot accuracy definitely 83-84. Shot power could go up to 87-89. The power he generates in his shots is just amazing.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2016 Sep 24, 04:37

I saw the stupidest thing earlier "Is De Bruyne better than Pogba?" And I just thought LOL, my god how can that question even be asked. Don't get me wrong Pogba is good, extremly talented and has very refined all round skills and could become an incredible player at some point, but he is so far away from being the sort of talisman De Bruyne is. De Brunye has the footballing mind of a great and it has been apparent from the start. He acts and moves with such purpose and understanding of the game, he rarely wastes plays and he sees passes better than anyone else at city, he has the technical ability and oversight to make extremely high level passes to keep the play going or break on the counter, or open the game up in a tight defense. Thinking about the comparison there I feel that De Bruynes set really should start to stand out more to highlight just how consistently decisive he is. Stark contrast to pogba.
Ramindbroken
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ramindbroken » 2016 Sep 24, 17:26

I'd have left ATT on 87, SPA on 88, downgraded BB to high greens and gave him high TW but I like the rest. Except maybe for Form, even is he's a pretty consistent player I don't know if he deserves that 7.

He's much more decisive that Pogba, Pogba is more like a trickster and flashy player, kids love to see him because they like that sort of dribbling skills. Even if Pogba is actually a good player with a lot of potential, he's nowhere near of De Bruyne's attacking intelligence. He always does what he has do to, he's pretty decisive in the final metters and his passing and finishing are really good. This isn't new though, he's been this good since he was at Wolfsburg but now he's more consistent.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2016 Sep 24, 18:26

I'd have left ATT on 87, SPA on 88, downgraded BB to high greens and gave him high TW b

state your reasons please.
Ramindbroken
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ramindbroken » 2016 Sep 24, 21:23

87 ATT: was discussed on the previous pages, he's really dangerous and his understanding of the game (while attacking) is world-class. Not only he knows when to shot, pass or dribble but he's capable of doing all that extremely well. Rating AMF's here can be pretty tricky but judging by how dangerous and effective he is every time he gets the ball, he's clearly above James or Ozil here. Not saying one point difference would be a huge difference in game, just cosmetics.

88 SPA: great short passer but I don't see him on the orange zone yet. As was pointed out in the previous pages, he looks like Ozil here: LPA>SPA. 90 LPA looks perfect for me but I don't see his SPA on the same level. On 90 you have Modric, Pjanic, Valero and Cazorla, for example. De Bruyne isn't far from them, actually if we're talking about how incisive these passes can be probably De Bruyne would be better than a couple of them, but he plays much closer to the box, he plays in the final meters so not only he has more chances to do those passes but he also is more decisive because of the position he plays in, even if he's an AMF-CMF hybrid. The easiest comparisson is with Coutinho, who I rate higher than him regarding SPA. More incisive and does more difficult passes. There's not a huge difference here but I don't see De Bruyne above him. 88 for De Bruyne and 89 for Coutinho (the value he already has) would look better for me. You can also complain about Rakitic being on 89 but I don't see him beyond 87.

78 BB: as Phil said before, he is just not this strong. He isn't an strong player. That doesn't mean he can't stay on his feet, if anything he's a candidate for low 80's Body Control, but regarding strength he isn't yellows material. I don't see him holding defenders or winning physical duels. I rate James at 80-81 (he's 83 right now) and he's much better at this than De Bruyne, he's pretty difficult to move, can hold players who are bigger than him without falling, even if he dives from time to time. De Bruyne doesn't dive but any yellow BB defender has no problems dealing with him physically.

Higher TW (really difficult saying a number here): moves all around the field, not only making a transition between AMF and CMF positions. When he played on the wings he did the same, he was everywhere being pretty supportive. I don't see him three points under Ozil here. Maybe De Bruyne looks more supportive because he actually runs much more without the ball, making himself available for passes and helping in both attack and defense. He's for sure more energetic than Ozil and that's highlighted in the set with the 10 point difference in STA already, but he looks much better than Coutinho at this and I don't see him under Rakitic, even if Rakitic plays another role. De Bruyne reminds me a lot of Silva a couple of years ago in this area, moving in both attack and defense and at a point you don't really know which position he's playing in because he moves all the time. 86 TW for me here, if he keeps improving I'm sure it would be higher, reaching Silva's level.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2016 Sep 24, 23:38

87 ATT: was discussed on the previous pages, he's really dangerous and his understanding of the game (while attacking) is world-class. Not only he knows when to shot, pass or dribble but he's capable of doing all that extremely well. Rating AMF's here can be pretty tricky but judging by how dangerous and effective he is every time he gets the ball, he's clearly above James or Ozil here. Not saying one point difference would be a huge difference in game, just cosmetics.

Well the reason I took him down is mostly to help balance out the 7 form. As I think the one thing about De Bruyne that really stands out and sets him apart from other playmakers is the fact that he very rarely plays poorly, hes very consistent. Within the first month of joining city he was already being hailed as their best player, that is a pretty insane feat and it's largely because he almost always plays good. Hes basically been on fire for a good 3 years now. I won't argue a point higher though.

88 SPA: great short passer but I don't see him on the orange zone yet. As was pointed out in the previous pages, he looks like Ozil here: LPA>SPA. 90 LPA looks perfect for me but I don't see his SPA on the same level. On 90 you have Modric, Pjanic, Valero and Cazorla, for example. De Bruyne isn't far from them, actually if we're talking about how incisive these passes can be probably De Bruyne would be better than a couple of them, but he plays much closer to the box, he plays in the final meters so not only he has more chances to do those passes but he also is more decisive because of the position he plays in, even if he's an AMF-CMF hybrid. The easiest comparisson is with Coutinho, who I rate higher than him regarding SPA. More incisive and does more difficult passes. There's not a huge difference here but I don't see De Bruyne above him. 88 for De Bruyne and 89 for Coutinho (the value he already has) would look better for me. You can also complain about Rakitic being on 89 but I don't see him beyond 87.

I don't see a problem with him being at least level with any of those players. His field position is irrelevant, because he plays passes from anywhere, some of his best passes are from very deep positions. Regarding Coutinho, he doesn't have half the accuracy KDB has, literally it's never been his strong point, really his greatest weakness, but his audacity and inventiveness with his passing made up for it. But now? hes become much less risky with his passes this last year or so, it's not as prelevant in his game for some time, positional change and the fact that he now is looking to cut in and shoot whenever he gets the chance, disappointing as I was hoping he would devolp upon this part of his game and become a 90's passer, but it hasn't happend, hes still a good passer but I'd say hes well away from KDB now.

The strongest apsect of KDB's game (outside of his consistency) is his ability to make key plays due to him being able to hit the right sort of pass almost every single time and this doesn't mean him being insicive, most of it is just passes to keep the play going or break on the counter, but it's so unique how he can do it. Nothing is really off limits for him, which leads to him displaying really insane passing technique and stuff you don't really see from anyone else. From just the little things like a 20 yard pass through 2 defenders right into an attackers path that basically 99% of players wouldn't even attempt, or piledrivering a cut back pass right across the goal line to his mans feet... he just makes these passes so flawlessly and most would never even attempt them. And regarding being incisive, hes not playing those 30 yard through balls, thats not really his style, but hes doing short vertical passes through multiple defenders, picking out players runs over and over again and he weights them perfectly the majority of the time. Hes not the sort of player that you would traditionally associate with 90 passing, because hes unorthodox and not displaying what you would usually look for in that caliber of passer, but he can really do it all and what he does is so damn good that he is without doubts at least 90. The easy passes, the long difficult passes, the obvious passes, the not obvious at all passes, the passes you would never expect, he can do it all... but above all whats so important is that he actually makes these passes or attempts them. So many players limit what they will do with passing, and while KDB does it to a degree, he typically is so much more dynamic and diverse with his passing due to his vision and confidence in him being able to play or at the very least, attempt to play the pass he sees. There is a very, very good reason he pulled of 20 assits and 3.3 key passes and it's largely due to all of the reasons I just stated. And it's for all these reasons that I feel he must be represented with at least orange passing to allow him the variety and accuracy in game that he displays in real life and to show in his pes set that he is a world class level passer.

Regarding his LPA. It's his crossing ability that puts him at this level, his long passing like his short is impressive due to the unorthdox nature and willingness to play what he sees, but he doesn't use it all that much, certainly it could be at a much higher level if he starts to use it liberally to be incisive, but for the time being it's really his crossing ability thats putting him at this level. His crosses are god tier really, so much power swerve and direction, if city had a target man you'd see his assits sky rocket. I really didn't mean to write a huge tangent there, but I feel it's important to make these points known. He isn't just a good passer, he is a world class one.

Higher TW (really difficult saying a number here): moves all around the field, not only making a transition between AMF and CMF positions. When he played on the wings he did the same, he was everywhere being pretty supportive. I don't see him three points under Ozil here. Maybe De Bruyne looks more supportive because he actually runs much more without the ball, making himself available for passes and helping in both attack and defense. He's for sure more energetic than Ozil and that's highlighted in the set with the 10 point difference in STA already, but he looks much better than Coutinho at this and I don't see him under Rakitic, even if Rakitic plays another role. De Bruyne reminds me a lot of Silva a couple of years ago in this area, moving in both attack and defense and at a point you don't really know which position he's playing in because he moves all the time. 86 TW for me here, if he keeps improving I'm sure it would be higher, reaching Silva's level.

I disagree and I feel at this time, it's a point of his game that isn't strong enough for what pep wants. Not that hes not good, 84 is a great value, but hes not good enough, yeah he switches wings, but so do a lot of wingers, for the time being hes semi lazy with dropping around to mid to take the ball and help recycle play. I figured pep would try play him in a midfield trio in a similar role to iniesta, but so far thats not been the case and city really stuggled today to create a link between the mid and the frontline. I feel with De brunye the possibility is there, and could happen very soon, but atm it isn't good enough for me to be rated any higher, hes not active enough and helpful enough with building possession...but as I said, this could well change very soon under peps guidance, but atm I feel it would represent a more complete city than it really is. EDIT: Thinking abou it what I'm talking about is really entailing a huge boost in TW, 86 really isn't a big deal.
Pett
PSD Youth League

Postby Pett » 2016 Oct 21, 13:33

Classic n`10 maybe !
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2016 Nov 05, 21:29

CHarper
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby CHarper » 2016 Nov 05, 21:32

This pass and against Barcelona..great!...only 90 SPA?..:/
"No soy el mejor del mundo, pero creo que no hay nadie mejor que yo"
Jose Mourinho
lapras
New Contributor

Postby lapras » 2016 Nov 09, 09:49

Pett wrote:Classic n`10 maybe !

doesn't Classic n'10 make player static?
Do the unexpected, attack the unprepared.
Phil
Valued Contributor

Postby Phil » 2017 Jul 14, 11:19

I'm going to watch De Bruyne a little closer next year but one thing I have been quite impressed about him is how effective and direct he can be, especially on the counter attack. This is not just due to his incredibly precise passing and decision making but also with bursting forward aggressively at times with or without the ball. I wouldn't want to make him into some Iniesta type dribbler, but he does often push the ball forward whilst dribbling even if he can lose control at high speeds. This is why he is still pretty effective in wide positions unlike somebody like Ozil who can affect the flow of attacks with his inability/reluctance to carry the ball forward, mainly just checking back and looking for a pass. I feel he could get more in DS because of these reasons, not too sure how high yet though. He has played slightly different roles in the last couple of years but I also think he could be a little higher in aggression.

De Bruyne is such a well rounded world class talent and I am expecting him to push on and consistently dominate games more this year.
JMVP
PSD Elite

Postby JMVP » 2017 Oct 12, 18:16

Is it just me or is it pretty obvious he weights more than 68 kg? That weight has to be outdated.
And i think his SPS is roughly at the same level of his pass acuracy.
Klaus14
Valued Contributor

Postby Klaus14 » 2017 Oct 13, 00:14

Wikipedia says 76, several 68 but idk which ones are legit, and maybe he's a bit heavier than his current weight as you mentionated.
!!!CHUPETE LA CONCHA DE TU HERMANA!! , !!VAMOS CARAJO TE QUIERO VER!! , !! TE QUIERO VER PAPÁ!!
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2017 Oct 14, 16:58

Klaus14
Valued Contributor

Postby Klaus14 » 2017 Oct 14, 17:01

That was the assist i was talking about, marvelous piece of work.
!!!CHUPETE LA CONCHA DE TU HERMANA!! , !!VAMOS CARAJO TE QUIERO VER!! , !! TE QUIERO VER PAPÁ!!
BigStu
PSD Guru

Postby BigStu » 2017 Oct 14, 21:35

Best player in the league, that lass for number 6 was insane
Rex
Regular Poster

Postby Rex » 2017 Oct 15, 11:51

fully deserved passing raise, he's just sick.
Relja's not dead
furymaker
PSD Elite

Postby furymaker » 2017 Oct 28, 19:47

he's sick, easily best player in EPL and top 10 player in the world, City is playing really good and everything is going through him
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Postby PES Stats Database » 2017 Dec 03, 17:59

AAlvin
New Contributor

Postby AAlvin » 2017 Dec 16, 19:53

I think his weak foot usage should be 7 and weak foot accuracy should be 8

Return to “Manchester City FC”