Theo Walcott

Moderators: BigStu, anOKguy, Jez, Welbeck19, Phil, Brahms, Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Theo Walcott

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 10:55

Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Jan 22, 01:28, edited 4 times in total.
S-J23

Re: Theo WALCOTT

Postby S-J23 » 2008 Dec 15, 08:21

97: Carl FINNIGAN, Djibril CISSÉ

96: Gabriel AGBONLAHOR

95: Theo WALCOTT, Samuel ETO'O, Albert CRUSAT

94: Gael CLICHY, David ODONKOR, Aaron LENNON, Shaun WRIGHT-PHILLIPS, Luis Amaranto PEREA

93: Franck RIBÉRY, Mark GONZÁLEZ

92: Victor Nsofor OBINNA, Rudolphe DOUALA, Obafemi MARTINS, Andrew JOHNSON, Craig BELLAMY, Martin PETROV, David SUAZO

91: Ryan BABEL, Bernard MENDY, Patrice EVRA, Maris VERPAKOVSKIS, Vladimir BYSTROV, Quincy OWUSU-ABEYIE, KAKÁ

90: Iván CÓRDOBA, Cristiano RONALDO, Arjen ROBBEN, Nery CASTILLO, John UTAKA, Charles N'ZOGBIA

89: Wayne ROONEY, Lomana LUA LUA, Florent SINAMA-PONGOLLE, Ignazio ABATE, Julius AGHAHOWA

88: Leo MESSI, Thierry HENRY, Javier ZANETTI, Ezequiel LAVEZZI, Kolo TOURÉ, Jason ROBERTS, Nicolas ANELKA, Alexandre PATO, MANCINI, Nicolae MITEA, Jesus NAVAS, EWERTHON

well.. tbh I think Walcott is absolutely overrated in terms of top speed.. everyone in Messi's thread says how his immense agility makes him look faster and they'd want to see Messi back at 86 for sure.. then it's completely beyond me why would someone be happy with current Walcott's rating..

in my opinion there's no way that Walcott is faster than Kaká or Martin Petrov or Patrice Evra.. in fact, I'd really compare their top speeds actually.. Kaká can blaze through half of the pitch in seconds.. Evra makes immensely speed side runs.. Petrov's top speed is surely not any worse than Walcott's..
no offense, but the only reason why Walcott is at 95 is because of die-hard Arsenal fans..

I completely disagree with this value and I suggest 91 as he surely wouldn't be faster than Evra or Kaká in direct side-to-side sprint.. and surely not faster than Petrov.. I still can't believe how long it took to settle his speed and he is probably not too far beyond Agbonlahor when it comes to top speed..
or 92 as a max.. but honestly.. putting him on par with Petrov.. Walcott never showed any raw and pure speed.. I honestly don't care how fast he looks like.. but if you look at any sprint of his on YouTube.. and then compare it with the raw speeds than Petrov showed.. it's absurd how he can be just one point behind Agbonlahor.. who is the fastest EPL player by a mile..
pedala robinho
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby pedala robinho » 2008 Dec 15, 23:29

Agree with 92, one point more than Lennon.
blackzidane
New Contributor

Postby blackzidane » 2008 Dec 16, 04:16

I completely agree, Walcott is overrated in that aspect...we could also dissect his dribble accuracy as it looks a bit too high.

92 max for Walcotts TS

Dribble accuracy for me could be dropped to a 81, looking at his past matches and videos he isn't as accurate as depicted above. That being said his Dribble speed could be dropped to a 87
Arsenal FC
pedala robinho
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby pedala robinho » 2008 Dec 16, 04:19

I agree with drop his Top Speed and Dribble Accuracy (but I'm thinking in 82)! So...

Stamina: 83? - I think he deserves a better value, with 81 like now, since he is a Speed player, he will get tired soon.
Top Speed: 92
Dribble Accuracy: 81~82
quincy_huang
New Stat Maker

Postby quincy_huang » 2008 Dec 17, 11:05

blackzidane wrote:I completely agree, Walcott is overrated in that aspect...we could also dissect his dribble accuracy as it looks a bit too high.

92 max for Walcotts TS

Dribble accuracy for me could be dropped to a 81, looking at his past matches and videos he isn't as accurate as depicted above. That being said his Dribble speed could be dropped to a 87

i really do not understand why walcott's TS and DA is suggested to be reduce again after people asking for update till wht he has right now

without going thought wht i have seen on youtube
assuming that the new suggestion is agreed and compare walcott and lennon..
Top Speed: walcott92 lennon 94
Acceleration: walcott 95 lennon 97
Response: walcott 78 lennon 81
Agility: walcott94 lennon 95
Dribble Speed: walcott93 lennon 96
Dribble Accuracy: 81 lennon 80

:shock: do u think all the gap between them are correct??
not at all! i dont mean walcott is far faster, far better than lennon
but there are values that shouldnt have that kind of gap
but for DA i agree ur suggestion
blackzidane
New Contributor

Postby blackzidane » 2008 Dec 17, 14:58

Lennon's stats would also hve to be reduced as he is in no way quicker on or off the ball tha Walcott.
Arsenal FC
S-J23

Postby S-J23 » 2008 Dec 17, 15:31

actually I agree that their speed is very comparable.. but Lennon is in fact much more quicker from the spot (acceleration) and heavenly quick with the ball (dribble speed)

now that Lennon has been reduced by two points.. I see no reason why Walcott should not be reduced by three points to the same value - 92.. he is not faster than Lennon.. not even with the ball (well, duh!) and surely, he is nowhere near him when it comes to burst of explosive speed..

so far we've got two agrees for 92 and 1 ponder about this update..
quincy_huang
New Stat Maker

Postby quincy_huang » 2008 Dec 17, 22:15

S-J23 wrote:actually I agree that their speed is very comparable.. but Lennon is in fact much more quicker from the spot (acceleration) and heavenly quick with the ball (dribble speed)

now that Lennon has been reduced by two points.. I see no reason why Walcott should not be reduced by three points to the same value - 92.. he is not faster than Lennon.. not even with the ball (well, duh!) and surely, he is nowhere near him when it comes to burst of explosive speed..

so far we've got two agrees for 92 and 1 ponder about this update..

thats better
agree with TS 92
WayneThePayne
PSD Youth League

Postby WayneThePayne » 2008 Dec 17, 23:12

Sounds good, i don't understand why he got the raise to 95 in the first place.

Agree to 92
quincy_huang
New Stat Maker

Postby quincy_huang » 2008 Dec 18, 02:13

WayneThePayne wrote:Sounds good, i don't understand why he got the raise to 95 in the first place.

Agree to 92

i bet it's due to ladder..
if lennon was TS 94 and ACC 97
i cant see why walcott cannot have 95 for both
but anyway it should be solve
S-J23

Postby S-J23 » 2008 Dec 18, 07:32

quincy_huang wrote:i bet it's due to ladder..
if lennon was TS 94 and ACC 97
i cant see why walcott cannot have 95 for both
but anyway it should be solve

well.. actually.. if I recall correctly the speed suggestion wasn't really based on the ladder.. it was more like Arsenal fans going all crazy.. no offense.. but honestly.. the suggestion was brought up in a really funky manner.. can't quote anything but it was something like - did you see Theo??? he is faster than 93 (the value he had not so long ago) I think he needs to be in god-region..

anyways.. now we do have 4 agree and no disagree so I'll update it :geek:
Brezza
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby Brezza » 2008 Dec 18, 15:30

WayneThePayne wrote:Sounds good, i don't understand why he got the raise to 95 in the first place.

Agree to 92

It was mostly to due with everyone going crazy after his run against Liverpool in the champions league last season, and people comparing his speed to Agbonlahor.

Me included :oops:
Cesc

Postby Cesc » 2008 Dec 18, 21:37

I agree with dropping DA to 81.
blackzidane
New Contributor

Postby blackzidane » 2008 Dec 18, 23:08

Arsenal FC
quincy_huang
New Stat Maker

Postby quincy_huang » 2008 Dec 19, 00:20

blackzidane wrote:Dribble accuracy for me could be dropped to a 81, looking at his past matches and videos he isn't as accurate as depicted above. That being said his Dribble speed could be dropped to a 87

i agree with DA decrease to 81
but not DS to 87
93 to 87 isnt a slight decrease and there isnt a huge evidence shows that apply
furthermore, 87 compare with lennon 96..9 point gap........
S-J23

Postby S-J23 » 2008 Dec 19, 08:54

I do not agree with any further speed decrease.. his dribble speed isn't godly like Kaká's or Lennon's.. but it is more than decent (remember Liverpool.. or was it Alamo.. oh.. whatever!) and don't forget that his overall speed just dropped by 3 points which makes the dribble speed drop also.. I've no problems with his current speed.. he is speedy.. but not godly like the previous value suggested..

as for DA.. a lotta people agreed.. so I update it..
pedala robinho
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby pedala robinho » 2008 Dec 19, 22:52

Yeah, tbh, I disagree too with decrease his Dribble Speed. Agree with S-J23 in this point.

Anyways, what about Mentality and Stamina? He isn't that lazy, and TBH he runs a lot in the matches to have this low stamina.
bald777

Postby bald777 » 2008 Dec 20, 12:55

i agree with raising his stamina slightly. though he does not often play for 90 minutes, the amount of sprinting that he does suggest that he is probably fitter than the likes of paul scholes and gary o'neil, so i'd give him 84.

that way he won't tire out too easily in the game .

not sure about mentality. it could be in the greens, but walcott's confidence is really not that great at the moment.
Ulises

Postby Ulises » 2008 Dec 20, 13:14

Agree with stamina, as much faster the player is, much faster will run out of stamina. With the current value he runs out of it very quickly, something like 84?¿ Never more imo, cause his weariness in the last minutes of the match when he plays the whole match, is evident.

Return to “Everton FC”