PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Mason Holgate

Postby PES Stats Database » 2019 Sep 14, 15:20

KeyserSoze
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Mason Holgate

Postby KeyserSoze » 2020 Jan 21, 22:05

He looks promising for some moments, but...
Well, his CB partnership with Mina sucks.

Holgate is surely better in the air; the current set doesn't make much justice in that regard. But he also has some serious issues with concentration and positional awareness. And playing alongside Mina is not helping him to improve his performances or, at least, compensate some of Holgate's weaknesses.
"Willy Wanda is Chinese!!!"
anOKguy

Postby anOKguy » 2020 May 24, 02:16

KeyserSoze wrote:He looks promising for some moments, but...
Well, his CB partnership with Mina sucks.

Holgate is surely better in the air; the current set doesn't make much justice in that regard. But he also has some serious issues with concentration and positional awareness. And playing alongside Mina is not helping him to improve his performances or, at least, compensate some of Holgate's weaknesses.

Agreed, he’s been greatly improved since the loan spell at West Brom last year where he was rolled out as a SB. He’s got an interesting game overall and has some talent for sure in there. He’s a bit brain dead at times, but plays much better next to Keane who is a smart CB. Mina and him are a disaster waiting to happen sadly. He’s got really decent top speed as noted and a little better acceleration. His jumping has been totally highlighted this season compared to what absolute minimal stuff I saw when he was a SB and is a really solid quality. He’s skinny but does a good job recovering and being able to hold the space of the SB if they go up and are caught out since he can keep pace with most players. His passing accuracy actually can be super damn wasteful and he forces a lot of stuff he shouldn’t. Very comfortable taking the ball and carrying forward a little above these levels and actually a surprisingly nice touch on him. I’ll get into numbers in a later post as I still want to see a few more games to confirm stuff.
anOKguy

Postby anOKguy » 2020 May 26, 23:40

So, as noted he’s a CB by default now and should get his position updated. Further, I recommend the following:
Defence: 78
Acceleration: 80
Response: 80
Agility: 79
Dribble Accuracy: 75
Dribble Speed: 78
Short Pass Speed: 77
Long Pass Accuracy: 71 - he’s capable of some solid stuff, but a good number of really forced stupid turnovers prevented me from being able to justify more
Long Pass Speed: 77
Header: 76
Jump: 80
Technique: 77
Aggression: 75
Mentality: 70
Teamwork: 72
anOKguy

Postby anOKguy » 2020 Oct 16, 21:57

He is a CB by default, we should get that fixed.
7Jonathan28
New Stat Maker

Postby 7Jonathan28 » 2020 Oct 17, 04:05

anOKguy wrote:He is a CB by default, we should get that fixed.

Yep he is, it's been a long time since the last time he played as SB, so his position now should be CB. Anyway, I think he deserves better than 73 in response, he knew how to keep composure and intercepted the ball quite well. I'd give 78 for it.
Live life for the moment, because everything else is uncertain.

Return to “Everton FC”