Moderators: BigStu, anOKguy, Welbeck19, Phil, Brahms, Jez, Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Mateo Kovačić

Postby PES Stats Database » 2010 Nov 26, 18:32

VIDEOS:
Spoiler: show

Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Feb 20, 23:11, edited 1 time in total.
Relja
Seasoned Stat Maker

Re: Mateo Kovačić

Postby Relja » 2016 Jan 21, 18:44

72 att is funny. The guy who has made that funny and wrong decision should get the life time ban from this site.
Oriello
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby Oriello » 2016 Jan 21, 18:53

Alright, ban jurgens. I knew he was a fraud.
Relja
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Relja » 2016 Jan 21, 18:55

Oh god i knew it. It's Jurgens' decision. God, imo that guy's perception of football is wrong. He would probably play Wes Hoolahan over 2004 Ronaldinho.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2016 Jan 21, 19:23

:lol:

try and understand our position, before automatically being an ass. Kova is obviously a genius in the making and has the potential for extremely high attack, he was originally assigned a value in the 80's. But he had extreme issues under Mazzari, and with his set hes basically a flawless playmaker, and while he has that ability, hes failed to really produce anything under Mazzari for about 2 years, we didn't want to reduce his other stats as they are all around his capability, but people have problems with a 19/20 year old having world class stats. So as a means to balance younger players in comparison with older established players, we give them lowered mental values like form and attack to make them less decisive in game. His set allows him to do everything hes capable of reality, but it won't be consistently which is also true to reality, when he starts consistently producing what we know hes capable of, we'll raise his attack.
Ramindbroken
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ramindbroken » 2016 Jan 21, 21:26

Actually he didn't show anything close to this in Mardrid. It's quite sad, he had a tremendous potential, but he's irregular as shit. Honestly his Form and MENT could be even lower. I knew this was a bad move, he barely has minutes to play and he can't do anything with that, until now the only useful thing I remember him doing was one good long pass, sadly.
Santi
New Contributor

Postby Santi » 2016 Jan 21, 23:00

he seems pretty stupid, gets a great opportunity vs Valencia and goes full retard

his acceleration is crazy at times, better than 86...
Major general Woof
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Major general Woof » 2016 Jan 24, 09:21

He was very good the whole match until that red card, it's unfair to conclude he's stupid by default for doing one stupid thing. Even if it was very stupid.

Agree with acceleration, looks like high yellow.
Korinov

Postby Korinov » 2016 Feb 24, 12:30

For a player with such stats I'd have expected him to make an inmediate impact, and in fact, he should have at least alleviated Madrid's midfield issues. It's true he hasn't been given too many opportunities, and it's difficult to get your gears going in such a situation (specially when the coach gets replaced in mid season and all that).

However he's also had some pretty underwhelming performances. It's not a matter of lacking quality, his technique and skills are there and anyone can see them, it's just him playing quite bad.

I'm lowering Form to 3.
Image Korinov la Komadreja
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
amine wrote:Spanish vodoo is real. That’s my takeaway from this. When my gran children ask me about it, i’ll tell them about the era of xosé the great
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Postby PES Stats Database » 2016 Jun 05, 00:10

Minabo de Kiev
Former Lurker

Postby Minabo de Kiev » 2016 Aug 10, 18:50

I think his dribble and pass stats should be lower than 90, he has a great future, but on the last years he is not showing that 93 on dribble, or 90 on short pass. (My opinion)
staubsauger
New Stat Maker

Postby staubsauger » 2017 Mar 13, 01:04

Do someone follow him more closely and can give some impressions about him and the set? In the few games and highlights i have seen of him he seems to be very conservative compared to his Inter time (especially with his remarkable dribbling runs and gap passes), but at least more mature and less risky.
Fixer
PSD Backbone

Postby Fixer » 2017 Mar 13, 08:53

I think it is a wrong impression and a misbelief to label him as more mature because of that, I have a completely different view on him. He's just another soon-to-be-broken toy by Real Madrid, a player who doesn't play on his natural position and who is often forced to assume a role that is not suited to his abilities, what I see everytime I watch him is a good player who is trying so hard just to get his only job done, which is playing as the president tells him to because he was signed by him anyways just like everyone else?

As long as he doesn't fuck it up he's welcome to play now and then, but the day he plays as a starter and Madrid lose say 3-1 he's going to become the team's scapegoat and most likely target for criticism.

I mean, football works like that doesn't he? Keepers are praised once and again for doing absolutely nothing and when they fuck up they might as well have been sentenced to death. This is the same, we have been told Kovacic is a DMF / CMF who can play the way Xabi Alonso did so many times most people in Spain have come to believe it. He just can't, just like Correa can't play like Iniesta and will probably never be able to, but that doesn't mean he's bad or anything? Very few seeing that Kovacic is just Madrid's next target patsy, a gateway so as not to blame Ramos for poor defending or Ronaldo for being utter slimey shite.
antony wrote:when a player joins Atletico, Fixer gives him a +10 boost in stamina (Simeone's garra)

Korinov

Postby Korinov » 2017 Mar 13, 09:32

To be entirely fair, he was Benitez's signing, Pérez didn't really want him (was concerned he wouldn't sell enough t-shirts, this is serious).
Image Korinov la Komadreja
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
amine wrote:Spanish vodoo is real. That’s my takeaway from this. When my gran children ask me about it, i’ll tell them about the era of xosé the great
Fixer
PSD Backbone

Postby Fixer » 2017 Mar 13, 09:35

Is that true though? Must be, kinda rings me a bell.

Much better then, he's an even better scapegoat since Florentino has absolutely 0 bonds with him :lol: :lol:
antony wrote:when a player joins Atletico, Fixer gives him a +10 boost in stamina (Simeone's garra)

Flash Boy
PSD Youth League

Postby Flash Boy » 2017 Mar 13, 17:33

He's one of the most talented midfielders and can be a starter in any team in the world
When he starts running with the ball nobody can stop him :)
but since Zidane Can't touch 'Overrated' Casemiro and 'Lazy' Kroos he isn't playing enough matches
He's a bit immature tactically but Atleast he can defend better than kroos and more creative than casemiro
KeyserSoze

Postby KeyserSoze » 2017 Mar 13, 17:55

Flash Boy wrote:but since Zidane Can't touch 'Overrated' Casemiro and 'Lazy' Kroos he isn't playing enough matches

1) Casemiro, overrated based on what criteria?
I don't watch all Real Madrid matches, but the few times that I've seen them with no Casemiro in field over the last 12 months or so, they struggle a lot to get the ball back to their possesion. Maybe he's not the most classy DM around, but he's fairly effective for what he's asked for: Recover the ball, then orchestrate with criteria, and adding some few assists or goals from time to time. Any other things are just a plus, but for what he's expected to do, he usually accomplishes with his duties.
2) About Kroos, obviously he's not that comfortable with the tactics. He's just improved a bit over time with Zizou's tactics, but still, you cannot take his first team spot for granted.
3) If there is a real menace for preventing Kovacic to play first team football more frequently, that man is his countrymate Modric. The reasons are quite obvious: While Kovacic is hard to beat with his flamboyance of the ball, Modric is not that far from those standards but he's a much smarter player overall. Modric won't overdribble as much as Kovacic, usually making more simple decisions to dribble or pass instead. Same as for his off the ball movements or defensive contribution.

That said, you're right that there is tough competition in midfield to let Kovacic play more often. But the main responsible for that lack of regular first team experience is none of the players you mentioned.
"Willy Wanda is Chinese!!!"
Flash Boy
PSD Youth League

Postby Flash Boy » 2017 Mar 13, 21:14

Casemiro 'looks' good because he's the only one who can do this job in madrid .. but can he build up the play? can he play under pressure ? can he do any shit while Real have the possesion ?? The team looks slow and helpless against Defensive teams (because casemiro is just slowing everything on the pitch) real madrid played their best match of season against Atletico without casemiro .. (but yea he's useful against possession teams)
For kroos i don't really have anything against him but it's annoying to see him walking on the field while other team is making a counter attack ..
he looks so careless :)
Generally the team looks random nowadays .. zizou must start to rely on building from middle and come out the best of Kroos and Modric
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Postby PES Stats Database » 2017 Apr 27, 15:51

elbicho
New Contributor

Postby elbicho » 2017 Aug 14, 10:52

Amazing match against Barcelona again. He showed impressive stamina and defense against messi, also nice playmaking and distribution. He definitely deserves more playing time.
furymaker
PSD Elite

Postby furymaker » 2017 Aug 16, 22:20

I'm so glad Zidane came to Madrid and started believing in him and giving him a chance to prove himself, he's freaking amazing, in no time he'll be the best midfielder around

Return to “Chelsea FC”