Moderators: BigStu, anOKguy, Jez, Welbeck19, Phil, Brahms, Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Mateo Kovačić

Postby PES Stats Database » 2010 Nov 26, 18:32

VIDEOS:
Spoiler: show

Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Feb 20, 23:11, edited 1 time in total.
Major general Woof
Seasoned Stat Maker

Re: Mateo Kovačić

Postby Major general Woof » 2014 Jun 10, 13:50

ingus wrote:Tbh, he was really just average recently for croatia. I really don't like the changes we've seen in kovacic since mazzari took over. He used to move like 10x more off the ball to pick it up, and used to be much more gung ho with his dribbling. Hes had the incredible match here and there, but it's been the exception since mazzari came in, and his standard has been like hes just played for croatia recently. It's really worrying, as what he had was unbeliveable, but mazzari took some of it out of him. I figured it was only at inter, but seeing him with croatia now is starting to worry me... People like mazzari shouldn't be allowed to hurt football in this way. Monkey minded nincomfuckenpoops.

Sounds to me like no one knows what to do with him because he's so vertical and direct, but that is mostly when he starts from deep. I think it's similar to a delusion D. Alves ones described. He said that european coaches tend to put brasilian offensive full-backs in midfield flanks because of their attacking mindness, quickness and dribbling. But it's wrong cause they're just not midfielders, that's not their area from which they contribute to attack. Today I read Boban said "Kovačić is born as a polušpica" - this funny word means second striker or the main player behind the striker which could be an AMF - "and he's almost never in a goal scoring opportunity". :roll: But Kova himself said he's most comfortable playing as a CMF, that is the position he always played in Dinamo U18 and all other ages.
furymaker
PSD Elite

Postby furymaker » 2014 Jun 11, 11:30

he's deep laying midfielder that can run through the middle because of his incredible dribbling ability and speed , or if he doesn't do that he can still pull some amazing passes , it's so much easier to do it from deep than as second striker or AMF . Boban as much as I loved him as player,I dont think he has that much football knowledge judging by all the comments that comes up in croatian media. If you're good dribbler and pacey that doesn't mean you need to be AMF or SS . Kova is much better suited in CMF where he can do anything he wants , as classic AMF you're quite limited since you have 2 man behind you deciding will they pass to you or move the ball on sides - also your space is limited as AMF , and Kova is player that give you the most when he has the space needed.

As ingus said , he's evolving as a player , he's been put in that situation by mazzari that prefers other type of midfielders , and Kovacic is much better than other players he has to cover that position even he's not his favorite type of player . We pointed out like few months ago that mazzari is crushing his talent with his tactics and decisions towards Kova , hopefully Kovac will use him bit different in Croatia and he can get the best out of him .
cartman_jmc
New Stat Maker

Postby cartman_jmc » 2014 Jun 13, 15:40

vs Brazil
I was surprised that he wasn't taken off at half time. His coach probably didn't want to kill his confidence.
He seemed pretty "shy" compared to usual. I kept thinking/hoping that the Brazillians would misplace a pass and he would a get a chance to run at their defence which was deployed right on the halfway line. And then after he had scored(lol), I would be like "Didn't Scolari know this would happen?"

...But it didn't....
CLICK ON SHOW TO SEE THE VIDEOS!
If you have old matches of Cassano, help me out.Post in this thread! http://pesstatsdatabase.com/viewtopic.php?f=140&t=27218
furymaker
PSD Elite

Postby furymaker » 2014 Jun 13, 21:50

once again , he's been placed as AMF purely because he has killer pass and he's great at dribbling , but he wasn't part of 10% of their attacks , defensively he had no part either , missused completely and lost his effectiveness . Should've started him at DMF and Rakitic or Modric as AMF , or just bench him for 2nd half . It's dumb to put 3 offensively great midfielders in a squad without defensive mid and just sit back , defend and try to counter attack . Bad tactics even though they were fighting like crazy and gave Brasil a lot of troubles .
midnight
PSD Elite

Postby midnight » 2014 Jun 13, 22:16

their mid would be awesome if they had a tough holding midfielder
Fixer - Fri Aug 02, 12:19 am
I'm gay
Fixer - Fri Aug 02, 12:19 am
See Shiterable? There's nothing to be ashamed of

Welbeck19
Valued Contributor

Postby Welbeck19 » 2014 Jun 18, 23:58

Through ball to Eduardo who should have done better with it.

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/BB27CC87 ... TeE769Ubz4
Major general Woof
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Major general Woof » 2014 Jun 19, 00:11

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1zswa6_cameroon-0-4-croatia-mandzukic-goal-world-cup-2014_sport

Another smart move by him. A lot of players would have crossed in that situation.
bistokd
New Contributor

Postby bistokd » 2014 Jul 15, 17:37

čale wrote:he did the same with insigne last season...look what's happening with insigne now that mazzari is gone...

you're right matzzari is a regular coach sometimes i think he put in lineup the XI of the whole squad and doesn't give a fuck about the other benched young players
WesSneCN
Regular Poster

Postby WesSneCN » 2014 Aug 29, 01:08

PanajotPano
New Stat Maker

Postby PanajotPano » 2014 Aug 29, 13:21

Inter got this guy and we got Cleverley dominating our midfield and showing a lot of promise. Funny that we're going for Vidal, would be nice if damn Woodward would go for Mateo.
How to upgrade your mate. Use the following equation ; m7 + mate = m8
Dallku scores a 63 yard volley, stunning everyone and giving Albania their 4th WC in two years, much to the Guatemalans shock, who miss yet another WC final. -My dream.
Image<- I also stole this.
antony
PSD Elite

Postby antony » 2014 Aug 29, 18:12

PanajotPano wrote:Inter got this guy and we got Cleverley dominating our midfield and showing a lot of promise. Funny that we're going for Vidal, would be nice if damn Woodward would go for Mateo.

Mateo is not for sale :D for no amount of money!
demoneye667
New Contributor

Postby demoneye667 » 2014 Sep 01, 09:23

Kovacic has an impressive accelleration. Maybe his top speed should be higher than 82
"..in Milan there are only two teams: Inter and the Academy of Inter." Peppino Prisco

ImageImageImageImageImage
PanajotPano
New Stat Maker

Postby PanajotPano » 2014 Sep 01, 12:44

Yeah increase his attack too, since he's this fast.

Acceleration and top speed are two different stats.
How to upgrade your mate. Use the following equation ; m7 + mate = m8
Dallku scores a 63 yard volley, stunning everyone and giving Albania their 4th WC in two years, much to the Guatemalans shock, who miss yet another WC final. -My dream.
Image<- I also stole this.
Major general Woof
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Major general Woof » 2014 Sep 14, 13:49

He scores again. I really hope this is not just temporary, but that he is adding another dimension to his game,

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x25y46x_goal-mateo-kovacic-inter-2-0-sassuolo_sport
ScribbleyDoibus
New Stat Maker

Postby ScribbleyDoibus » 2014 Sep 14, 21:33

God, I am not looking forward to the day then Barca or some EPL team buys him. We need players like this in Serie A, even if its with Inter
vinnie
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby vinnie » 2014 Sep 14, 21:36

his pass to icardi in the 4th minute was amazing.. running full speed he puts a back-spin chip pass into the box for icardi that's perfect.. i thought it was a deflection at first but it was pure technique.
If you don't put effort into your post, i won't put effort in my response.
Epsi
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby Epsi » 2014 Sep 15, 10:35

so that was a pass, not a deflection, right? Simply awesome.
WesSneCN
Regular Poster

Postby WesSneCN » 2014 Sep 15, 18:08

vinnie wrote:his pass to icardi in the 4th minute was amazing.. running full speed he puts a back-spin chip pass into the box for icardi that's perfect.. i thought it was a deflection at first but it was pure technique.

He tried to shot but there was a deflection...it wasn't a pass ;)

Return to “Chelsea FC”