-----------DELGADO-----CHUMPITAZ---MELENDEZ--------
---------------------------------------------------------
-----------------VELASQUEZ----------------------
--------------------------------"TITINA"-------------------
-----------------CUETO--------------------------------------
----SOTIL----------------------------------------JOYA---
----------------------------CUBILLAS----------------------------
-----------------------LOPEZ --------------------

Last edited by Brezza on 2010 Feb 10, 20:59, edited 2 times in total.
Brezza
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Peru All Stars

Postby Brezza » 2010 Feb 02, 05:08

Yeah I think I might change my stance slightly on how these teams are made, I want them to contain the best players that have come from the country as possible. You have to take into consideration that players back in the day played far less international matches. clearly national team performances will still count when trying to decide between two players of a similar ability though.

I might swap Solano for someone though becuase I have a soft spot for him :) plus there are too many AM's in the squad.
CuleSebas
New Stat Maker

Postby CuleSebas » 2010 Feb 02, 05:26

Actually i think the formation should go like this.
-------------------------VALDIVIESO--------------------
------------------------VELASQUEZ----------------------
----------------CUBILLAS------CUETO--------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------
--------------------LOPEZ -----VILLANUEVA---------------
As for Solano i can't see him replaching anyone in that luxury midfield :P , maybe Loayza who is registered has a SS* i never heard of him as much as the rest, despite playing for Barca :mrgreen: , however Chorri during his prime was an amazing player too.
elalva_M8
New Contributor

Postby elalva_M8 » 2010 Feb 02, 06:04

well in that case, create a classic chorri and put the link here.
CuleSebas
New Stat Maker

Postby CuleSebas » 2010 Feb 03, 04:28

elalva_M8 wrote:well in that case, create a classic chorri and put the link here.

Is that an order :P , but i can't only seen a few tapes of his games with Peru, from the late 90's. Well i could, but i doubt their accurate.
lafocamaligna
Former Lurker

Postby lafocamaligna » 2010 Feb 03, 14:25

But if the classic NT were made of the best players regardless their influence in the team then you could add Di Stefano for example to Argentina when he only played 6 games for that NT but is undoubtedly one of the 2 best players ever to come from Argentina.
And at the time of Joya there were other players like Terry and Delgado who have around 30 caps for Peru and I think that was the average of caps for a regular player of the time, not 9 caps and no w.c. qualifiers which is what Joya has (only two American Cups, 57 and 59 when he wasn´t even playing for Peñarol)
So maybe not add Solano because he wasn't such an impact but what about Mifflin or Jayo, Reynoso likes?
Brezza

Postby Brezza » 2010 Feb 03, 21:52

lafocamaligna wrote:But if the classic NT were made of the best players regardless their influence in the team then you could add Di Stefano for example to Argentina when he only played 6 games for that NT but is undoubtedly one of the 2 best players ever to come from Argentina.
And at the time of Joya there were other players like Terry and Delgado who have around 30 caps for Peru and I think that was the average of caps for a regular player of the time, not 9 caps and no w.c. qualifiers which is what Joya has (only two American Cups, 57 and 59 when he wasn´t even playing for Peñarol)
So maybe not add Solano because he wasn't such an impact but what about Mifflin or Jayo, Reynoso likes?

I knew that would come back to bite me :P I still think players should only be part of only one team and I dont see why he can't be in the Spain team unless the squads are based on the new rules that players can only play for the first international team they play for, theres many players today that don't play for their country of birth today. IDK I might make a poll im interested in making a new Spain All Star team without Kubala and Di Stefano.
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2010 Feb 03, 22:24

I think someone else already mentioned it elswhere on this site that Di Stefano was/is a club legend, as when I hear the name Di Stefano I immeditately think of Real Madrid - I actually sometimes forget he is Argentine! :oops: - He just never set the world alight internationally. While a name like Maradona my mind instantly conjures him up in an Argentina kit, and only later I remember he played for Napoli.

I think despite the great player that Di Stefano was, he does not really belong to any National Team All Stars, a Regional/Era/Club All Star he was, but he really never was a intrinsic part of any national side to its success (in respect to each national teams history).

Looking at Wikipedia, his goal return for Spain of 23 in 31 games is pretty impressive, but his singular participation in an international tournament and Spain finish last in their group :| , though I do believe I heard he was struggling then and injured? in his times with the national team. I just hope his clearly brilliant talent does not outshine the contribution of less stellar players who where actually vital for their respective national teams in their era's.

Sorry to Peruvians for my off topic....ah I..like you 3-5-2 formation... :D .... :lol:
lafocamaligna
Former Lurker

Postby lafocamaligna » 2010 Feb 03, 22:56

I think NT all-stars should be made of players who made history or at least were really important for the team in their moment and if someone like Di Stefano were in discussion i'd say he has to be in Spain because i think he feels more spanish than argentinian and he was never succesful with spain cause of the injuries he had(he injured a few weeks before sweden 62), so i think the same for peruvian players, people like joya or loayza were never regulars on peru's squad (don´t know why, if it had been for me they would have played all the matches because they really were great players) even "conejo" benitez only was capped 11 times.
The thing is who should be in a NT all-star, the best ever or the most important? I don´t know if there already is an agreement about that but there has to be one.
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2010 Feb 03, 23:13

I do not think there has been an 'agrement' (if there has it has been locked away deep in the bowls and dungeons of the mod section :lol: ), but I tend to go for player by their influence on the national team, I understand as Brezza mentioned pre 50's players got less caps on average as not so many internationals were held yet, so their can be some expcetions there - also if you got two-world wars in the backround that is not going to help any in 'collecting' caps...but for more modern times 60's onwards number of appearances for national side is usually a good indicator -not deciding factor- of their usefullness to their national team. Obviously only familiarity with the history of that nation can allow someone to make the best decision of who to include.

lafocamaligna wrote:if someone like Di Stefano were in discussion i'd say he has to be in Spain because i think he feels more spanish than argentinian and he was never succesful with spain cause of the injuries he had(he injured a few weeks before sweden 62),
But that is the thing, injuries or no he still did nothing vital/critical for Spain in his time with that national team - I am not so famliar with Spanish football history to know their key players so I cannot state with confidence that some less talented shmuck is getting the shaft - but was more important than Di Stefano for Spain in her history -- like Roberto Pruzzo and Antonio Cassano were and are brilliant forwards - but at no time have they been vital to the Italian national team over a stretch of time, and their inclusions would be strange.
Brezza

Postby Brezza » 2010 Feb 03, 23:45

There hasn't been an argument or an official ruling, these are fantasy teams at the end of the day and are all pretty subjective. I just think that fantasy element is better suited to choosing the best players possible that ever played for their country. I just think here are more variables to consider to why they weren't influential enough for their country when compared to their club career. Its not always down to a lack of ability especially for former era where things like the national team playing less matches /political factors /the war/ racism/playing for multiple countries have to be considered also .

I'm not suggesting throwing 'influence on the national team' completely out the window I just think that it should come second to ability when choosing players. I still agree that to decide between two players of similar ability that influence on the national team should be taken into consideration. I think that formula will mean that pretty much all of these all star teams will be the same anyways apart Spain. They will probably should be renamed Peruvian all stars instead from Peru all stars if you want to be pedantic about it. :P
manoloxcr17
PSD Elite

Postby manoloxcr17 » 2010 May 04, 16:24

Farts stinks like a mother fucker!
elalva_M8
New Contributor

Postby elalva_M8 » 2010 May 05, 01:47

any chance of creating a classic chorri or oscar ibañez?
manoloxcr17
PSD Elite

Postby manoloxcr17 » 2010 May 05, 02:31

Oscar Ibañez has no place on the team. Even in Reserves, we've had better GK than him.

I can create Chorri.
elalva_M8
New Contributor

Postby elalva_M8 » 2010 May 05, 03:37

yea but remember he helped cienciano win the only international honor a peruvian team has ever had. i think he should at least have his stats created.
manoloxcr17
PSD Elite

Postby manoloxcr17 » 2010 May 05, 15:53

Brezza

Postby Brezza » 2010 May 05, 16:58

Updated links/format but please stop posting anymore new players manoloxcr17:
classics/new-classic-section-rules-t15305.html ;)
manoloxcr17
PSD Elite

Postby manoloxcr17 » 2010 May 05, 17:16

Ok. :)
manoloxcr17
PSD Elite

Postby manoloxcr17 » 2010 Jun 05, 20:47

Maybe Roberto Challe could be swaped by Segundo "Titina" CASTILLO.
manoloxcr17
PSD Elite

Postby manoloxcr17 » 2010 Jun 06, 16:31

I will like this formation:

-------------------------VALDIVIESO--------------------
-----------------VELASQUEZ----------------------
--------------------------------"Titina"-------------------
-----------------Cueto--------------------------------------
----------------------------Cubillas----------------------------
-----------------------LOPEZ --------------------
lXThiagoXl
Former Lurker

Postby lXThiagoXl » 2010 Jun 19, 00:35

Thanks my friend, really very thanks for work. _per

A suggestion :

he has been an award winner as South American Football player of the year in 1972 and he was nominated the best Peruvian football player of the 20th century by IFFHS. It integrates the list of 50 Better Players of the 20th century elaborated by experts and historians of FIFA and published by IFFHS in 2004, the same year it was named in the list FIFA 100, elaborated for I Peeled. The "Baby" Spanish flies is the eighth scorer in the history of the World Cup of Football. He is also the best scorer of all the mediocampistas of the world ones, overcoming in goals and in I divide equally geniuses like Maradona, Cruyff, Zico, Zidane and Platiní. He is in addition the Maximum scorer in the history of the Peruvian Selection.He Is one of the maximum scorers of the world ones with 10 goals, not creoque his assault is of 88, but of 95 approximately, and Teodoro Fernandez, he is a scorer Historico, and according to our grandparents who saw it to play, decian q the rompia the networks of the arches, this way that I believe that serious 99 of force in the shots :P

Thanks my friend, sorry my english is Bad, very bad :mrgreen:
Sorry for my English. Joel Gonzales are my teacher.

Return to “NT All Star Teams”