--------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------VARELA(c)-----------------------
-------V. ANDRADE----------------------J. ANDRADE----------
-------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------FRANCESCOLI-----------------------
----GHIGGIA------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------SCHIAFFINO-----------------
-----------------------SUAREZ-------------------------------

Last edited by Brezza on 2011 Oct 27, 21:59, edited 9 times in total.
hsnandra
New Stat Maker

Re: Uruguay All Stars

Postby hsnandra » 2010 Oct 03, 19:01

How is it possible that Alvaro Recoba is in the starting line up ahead of the all-conquering Diego Forlan? Surely thats just palpably wrong.
tasmin
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby tasmin » 2011 Jan 02, 15:00

Saluti , to our heroes !
great line-up ! but i would also add Dario Silva as he was a typical center forward of our football history and his finishing was so cool to watch :) !he was unlucky!
also in defense lugano could be an option ! as in my eyes he is a wall in the defense !
vamos arriba la celeste !
Zidane360
Former Lurker

Postby Zidane360 » 2011 Jan 05, 19:29

sugestion:

i think Pedro Rocha is very better than Recoba.
Pedro Rocha win 8 Uruguayan league titles (1959-1962, 1964, 1965, 167, 1968), three Copa Libertadores (1960, 1961 & 1966) the Copa Intercontinental in 1966 and two editions of the Uruguayan Copa Competencia in 1964 and 1967.
In SPFC he win 2 Campeonato Paulista in 1971 and 1975. He was the championship top scorer in 1972. In 1977 he win the Brasilian Championship.
:D
locoloco
PSD Youth League

Postby locoloco » 2011 Jan 27, 22:05

No, Scarone no, i know he represents a lot to Uruguay, but, Petrone was times better, he has speed, hability, and a good shot accuracy. In this case, Forlán is better than Scarone too..
locoloco
PSD Youth League

Postby locoloco » 2011 Jan 28, 01:09

Can somebody do Ancheta stats? PLEASE!
Jair789789
New Contributor

Postby Jair789789 » 2011 Jan 28, 15:05

Can somebody please make Dario Pereyra??
ManiacButcher
New Stat Maker

Postby ManiacButcher » 2011 Mar 27, 05:46

Great Team, but I would make a little change in the formation.

-----------------------MAZURKIEWICZ---------------------------- GK

-----NASAZZI---------SANTAMARIA------MONTERO------------ CB

-------------------------------------VARELA----------------------- DH
--------------------J. ANDRADE----------------------------------- DH

--------------FRANCESCOLI-------------------------------------- OH
---------------------------------------------SCARONE------------ As a Inside Forward or OH

----GHIGGIA------------------------------------------------------ WG
-------------------------------------SCHIAFFINO----------------- SS
--------------------------PETRONE------------------------------- CF

An adapted and modified WM Formation according to the players characteristics.
beiderbecke
New Contributor

Postby beiderbecke » 2011 Jul 23, 04:52

Montero in the starting lineup? :?

D. Pereyra was much better than him. His presence whitin the initial formation is mandatory.
Vickingo
PSD Backbone

Postby Vickingo » 2011 Jul 25, 14:12

Luis Suarez as substitute?
beiderbecke
New Contributor

Postby beiderbecke » 2011 Jul 28, 03:29

vickingo_73 wrote:Luis Suarez as substitute?

Yes, I would go for it too. We could take Piendibene out from reserves and include Luis Suarez, since both seem to be apparently at the same level according to references (both of them are SS, for example). Not to mention we know too few of Piendibene in comparison what we do about Suarez.
beiderbecke
New Contributor

Postby beiderbecke » 2011 Aug 01, 20:17

Fernando Morena has already been created:Fernando MORENA
beiderbecke
New Contributor

Postby beiderbecke » 2011 Aug 01, 21:35

I frankly do not see A. Ghiggia in the starting line-up. I prefer Pedro Rocha instead of him, because this shift would give more offensive power to the attack, providing more possibilities of goals and a better articulation with the forwards, since P. Rocha was an excellent distributor of the game besides scoring goals himself.
P. Petrone, in spite of being an inarguably competent goal scorer, possessed less technical resources than D. Forlán, who is able to shoot with his both feet almost with the same precision and has the attribute of not staying so static in the attack field just waiting for an opportunity to score.

Said that, my starting eleven would be this:

-----------------------L. Mazurkiewicz------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------
-----J. Nasazzi---------J. Santamaría------D. Pereyra-------
----------------O. Varela-----------------------------------------
-----------------------------------J. Andrade--------------------
-----------E. Francescoli---------------J. Schiaffino-----------
---------------------------P. Rocha-------------------------------
-----------------------------------------H. Scarone--------------
------------------D. Forlán---------------------------------------

I hope you fellows take into consideration this personal view (either to agree with or to refuse it).
Kerry

Postby Kerry » 2011 Oct 26, 14:43

vickingo_73 wrote:Luis Suarez as substitute?

Agree, he single-handedly "literaly :lol: " led Uruguay to the semi-s and was a vital part in the Copa America winning team. Maybe too early but still can be considered.
mracho wrote: Well, then he/she was an idiom with a T at the end.

Farés L'arrogante Image
Vickingo
PSD Backbone

Postby Vickingo » 2011 Oct 26, 21:27

I firmly believe that this generation of players has to be at All Stars, they made great things and probably is the most solid (probably) Uruguayan team ever. Lugano, Luis Suarez and Cavani could be considered appart from Forlan.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2011 Oct 26, 21:39

(lol) you have no idea of Uruguay's past then.
Albo7

Postby Albo7 » 2011 Oct 26, 21:48

vickingo_73 wrote:I firmly believe that this generation of players has to be at All Stars, they made great things and probably is the most solid (probably) Uruguayan team ever. Lugano, Luis Suarez and Cavani could be considered appart from Forlan.

Wow, I can't believe that you just seriously wrote that.
Image TROLL KING Image

Vickingo
PSD Backbone

Postby Vickingo » 2011 Oct 26, 22:23

jurgens wrote:(lol) you have no idea of Uruguay's past then.

Jurgens, I'd like to read why don't you think like me. Please don't provocate me with this type of sentences, it hasn't sense really. I don't want problems; you can say with the same sense before say that: Are you sure? Why do you think that?. I think that's better and to don't create useless bad ambient.

Albo7 wrote:
vickingo_73 wrote:I firmly believe that this generation of players has to be at All Stars, they made great things and probably is the most solid (probably) Uruguayan team ever. Lugano, Luis Suarez and Cavani could be considered appart from Forlan.

Wow, I can't believe that you just seriously wrote that.

Why? Haven't they enough level or be candidates to be? Just because of be contemporary players? I mean this cause they are a "gold" (I don't know if it's the best way to describe cause they didn't win a WC) generation in a may be the most difficult era to play in SouthAmerica because of all teams' level. Also, making an excellent performance in 2010 WC, where nobody gave nothing to them. I'm not sayin' that they has to be in the principal list, yes to be considered at least to be reserves. About the whole team, I'm not sayin' that's the best, not even closer to that. I'm meaning (probably I didn't expresed it in a proper way) that it's a serious proyect (LONG time that there aren't a good one in Southamerica) with a serious coach (Maestro Tabarez) and with mostly world class players, or at least in big teams of the world. These type of threads are pretty difficult to make cause are different the criteria in many of it...if are because of class, or importance in his teams, or importance in NT, play better in NT than in a proper team, etc (Most issue here, Messi at NT). This group of boys put Uruguay again in "world map". Qualified to 2010 WC (being the 5° team and playing a re-qualification? I think that, but I don't remember, cause Uruguay always played this the lastest years), made an incredible WC and being a real "team" with all the words...compact, solid, with excellent results, many eggs in each player, class in Forlan and goals in Suarez/Cavani; the midfield with 2/3 destroyers and the "garra charrúa"; at the back line, 4 hard defenders leaded by an incredible teamworker and mental player as Lugano; also with great performances of his keeper Muslera. I repeat, I'm not sayin' that this team is better than 1930's/1950's or even 1986's/90's era. But for sure, could be AT LEAST considered. The most impressive thing IMO is the unpredictable that was this group of players, I mean...who gave $5 by them before the WC and when were just cuasi-eliminated? (Do you remember Bolatti's goal in the lasts minutes in Centenario stadium?). I think that this group of players, with all their deficiences, showed his main virtue as a group, and obviously supported in high values (obviously leaded by Forlan futbolistic talking), but as I've said before Lugano was/is an incredible key and he reminds me Paolo Montero A-LOT in his way of playing and that out of this world mentality, also supported with a Copa America won as visitors in Argentina, winning clear the final against a hard team as Paraguay, making a brilliant match and winning the best prize ever (after WC). Also this era is growing in 2014 WC qualification. Sinceraly I don't understand why they can't be considerated here, at least as substitutes. As most of you know, I'm a faith follower of this group since the last WC 2010 qualification, and obviously that I've watched everymatch of them, and I can say that with many support. I repeat, they aren't brilliant but they're making great things in an era where wasn't really expected. BTW, i'm not the only crazy that thinks that, tasmin said something about Lugano, also Alexalibur about Suarez and beiderbecke too, julgui in the last page claimed for Lugano, Brezza updated with Lugano and then was deleted. Compare him with Matosas or Nelson Gutierrez, remember that Lugano won an American Cup being figure and one of the best in the team and also was 4° in a 32 teams WC where Uruguay wasn't candidate even to qualificate to the finals stages being pretty solid and showing an amazing level. Matosas was 4° in 1970's WC but I think that he didn't win any tournament; Nelson Gutierrez was in that great team in 80's era (i don't know if he played in 1987's American Cup won by Uruguay), but Lugano has merits to be at least considered, don't you think so? What about Atilio Ancheta? Just 20 games in NT, integred that team of 1970 and he was great but...Lugano played 65 games, was a key everytime and won an American Cup, and has the same merit to be 4° in a WC. So...I don't think that's so crazy. That's my opinion. If won't be changed (or at least discussed or considered), I won't comment more cause it hasn't sense, there's no probalem. I want just to give my opinion and I'm pretty sure that more than me thinks this :)
julgui

Postby julgui » 2011 Oct 27, 02:31

What is the problem of suggesting to Lugano and Luis Suarez?

On Lugano there is any kind of discussion and performance level already exceeds wide selection to Dario Pereyra, Paolo Montero or if an alternate on Nelson Gutierrez. It is the captain and leader of Uruguay's most important WC (removing WC 1930, 1950 and maybe 1970) and was selected the best captain in the 2010 FIFA World Cup. Its inclusion is beyond dispute.

Luis Suarez's case is perhaps more debatable, but he excellent performance at the WC 2010 and American Cup can be confusing. Today may not deserve it, but to continue with this level (both NT and personal) definitely be there.
Señor Ascenso | Mr. Lower Leagues
Falcon
Regular Poster

Postby Falcon » 2011 Oct 27, 03:24

IMO Lugano is a player who deserves to be in the stars of Uruguay, simply because it is a perfect defense. Even should hold, as demonstrated in the World Cup and Copa America do deserve to be among the best, is not it? It is located at a similar level Paolo Montero as it says Vickingo.

It is also the captain and representative. Furthermore Uruguay has spent years playing with an excellent level, and more the last two years. It is also comparable with older players, there is a player that is unmatched in the decade of 20, 30, 40 or 50 with one of this decade. He's done a lot of merit to be there, who else is missing? Winning the World Cup champions or achieve? Their quality as a leader and defender do it at least be in the stars of Uruguay.

is my humble opinion :)
live, be happy, do not waste your time and make the most of life, which is one.

Return to “NT All Star Teams”