PSD Backbone

Roland Sallai

Postby PES Stats Database » 2017 Mar 09, 16:22

petreleo
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Roland Sallai, Puskás Akadémia FC

Postby petreleo » 2017 Aug 29, 12:21

http://apoelfc.com.cy/nqcontent.cfm?a_i ... ic&lang=l1

Signed for _cyp APOEL Nicosia on a four-year contract, for an undisclosed fee(believed to be a club-record& country-record fee). He is No.#20.
Is he any good? Anybody knows how well he did last Season at Palermo in Serie A?
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2017 Dec 03, 01:42

petreleo wrote:http://apoelfc.com.cy/nqcontent.cfm?a_id=16455&tt=graphic&lang=l1

Signed for _cyp APOEL Nicosia on a four-year contract, for an undisclosed fee(believed to be a club-record& country-record fee). He is No.#20.
Is he any good? Anybody knows how well he did last Season at Palermo in Serie A?

Sallai scored 5 goals and assisted 2 so far this Season, statistically great, but we cannot really say that he had been on the top of his game until today, having been played in a slightly less familiar position in the absence of other options, the one of Right-Winger (today's goal Vs _cyp Ermis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZWJkCzCGE0 ).
Basically, I view him as a versatile Attacking-Midfield player who is more suited through the centre, but he can also play on both flanks(maybe slightly better on the Left?), and mainly cut-inside from there. Moreover, he seems like an Attacking-Midfielder in the mould De Vincenti(former APOEL's Attacking-Midfielder), as they are similar in many aspects. These include advantages like good height and decent body-structure for a Number-10, ability to play in other positions(maybe Sallai can even play as Secondary-Striker like De Vincenti), great goal-scoring ability, but also disadvantages like immaturity, lack of help in defence at times, and even inconsistent performances.
Sallai's disadvantages that are stated above, became more obvious in some important derby matches, as well as some Champions League games when his performance had been much lower than in the rest of the games. For a player of his age and immaturity, he is far less suited to the game-plan when his team doesn't have the ball, than when his team has the ball. That is because he is naturally not very hard-working defensively(maybe Stamina lower?), and for a player of his undoubtedly great technical-ability, he would definitely prefer to have the possession of the ball, instead. Additionally, immature play, selfish decisions and too optimistic actions have not been uncommon with him, especially in the big games when there was much pressure, and his performance was not so great(a big difference with De Vincenti who delivered in big matches).
Despite seeming decently quick for an Attacking-Midfield player, maybe his sprinting-speed isn't the best, however he doesn't base his game so much on speed, but rather more on technical-skill. Cutting-inside, fake-shots, skill-moves and shooting from range have been a considerably big part of his game on the ball. He had also provided some great forward passes at times, but I would prefer his crossing to improve, if he is to continue playing as a Right-footed Right-Winger, and also start to cross more, and become more of a team-player. Maybe even exploit the width of the pitch more often, rather than almost always cutting-inside.
Regarding his Set, I definitely already have a couple of opinions and ideas(AMF/Registed-Position, lower Stamina, higher Attack& Shooting-Stats, Incisive Run Card added), but ideally I would want to wait a bit longer to be able to judge him better, like it is the case with some other players.

Height: 183 cm (+3)
Weight: 73 kg (+4)

Photo:
Spoiler: show
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2018 Apr 21, 00:16

petreleo wrote:
petreleo wrote:http://apoelfc.com.cy/nqcontent.cfm?a_id=16455&tt=graphic&lang=l1

Sallai scored 5 goals and assisted 2 so far this Season, statistically great, but we cannot really say that he had been on the top of his game until today, having been played in a slightly less familiar position in the absence of other options, the one of Right-Winger (today's goal Vs _cyp Ermis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZWJkCzCGE0 ).
Basically, I view him as a versatile Attacking-Midfield player who is more suited through the centre, but he can also play on both flanks(maybe slightly better on the Left?), and mainly cut-inside from there. Moreover, he seems like an Attacking-Midfielder in the mould De Vincenti(former APOEL's Attacking-Midfielder), as they are similar in many aspects. These include advantages like good height and decent body-structure for a Number-10, ability to play in other positions(maybe Sallai can even play as Secondary-Striker like De Vincenti), great goal-scoring ability, but also disadvantages like immaturity, lack of help in defence at times, and even inconsistent performances.
Sallai's disadvantages that are stated above, became more obvious in some important derby matches, as well as some Champions League games when his performance had been much lower than in the rest of the games. For a player of his age and immaturity, he is far less suited to the game-plan when his team doesn't have the ball, than when his team has the ball. That is because he is naturally not very hard-working defensively(maybe Stamina lower?), and for a player of his undoubtedly great technical-ability, he would definitely prefer to have the possession of the ball, instead. Additionally, immature play, selfish decisions and too optimistic actions have not been uncommon with him, especially in the big games when there was much pressure, and his performance was not so great(a big difference with De Vincenti who delivered in big matches).
Despite seeming decently quick for an Attacking-Midfield player, maybe his sprinting-speed isn't the best, however he doesn't base his game so much on speed, but rather more on technical-skill. Cutting-inside, fake-shots, skill-moves and shooting from range have been a considerably big part of his game on the ball. He had also provided some great forward passes at times, but I would prefer his crossing to improve, if he is to continue playing as a Right-footed Right-Winger, and also start to cross more, and become more of a team-player. Maybe even exploit the width of the pitch more often, rather than almost always cutting-inside.
Regarding his Set, I definitely already have a couple of opinions and ideas(AMF/Registed-Position, lower Stamina, higher Attack& Shooting-Stats, Incisive Run Card added), but ideally I would want to wait a bit longer to be able to judge him better, like it is the case with some other players.

Pretty much a first-eleven player for APOEL in the majority of this Season. Made the difference in some matches, especially against smaller clubs, but struggled to produce this sort of high performance levels against the big clubs on a consistent basis. In last weekend's 4-1 derby win Vs Omonoia Nicosia he had one of his very few great matches against big teams, scoring APOEL's 2nd goal.
I think it is a shame that he plays as a Winger this Season, and not at all in his favourite Attacking-Midfield/Second-Striker position, because of APOEL's lack of Wingers. As he is part of APOEL's planning for the long-run, maybe we will finally see him playing there next Season and performing even better than this Season. Bytheway, apparently top-tier English, German and Italian clubs were scouting him in this year's Champions League.

Changes based on this and previous post:
ADD- SS as a Secondary-Position
Attack: 74 (+2)
Stamina: 76 (-4)
Top Speed: 80 (-1)
Acceleration: 82 (-3)
Response: 75 (-1)
Agility: 80 (-2)
Dribble Speed: 78 (+2)
Short Pass Accuracy: 75 (-3)
Long Pass Accuracy: 75 (-1)
Shot Accuracy: 74 (+3)
Shot Power: 80 (+1)
Shot Technique: 75 (+5)
Curling: 76 (+1)
Header: 69 (+2)
Jump: 73 (-2)
Weak Foot Accuracy: 5 (+1)
Weak Foot Frequency: 5 (+1)
ADD: P09 - Incisive Run & S12 - Scissors Skills Cards
petreleo

Re: Roland Sallai

Postby petreleo » 2018 Sep 03, 20:26

https://www.scfreiburg.com/node/22847

Signed for _ger SC Freiburg for an undisclosed-fee rumoured to be 4.5 million euros.

What I have said in my previous two posts for him, are still very valid. Technically very talented, especially for the standards of the Cypriot League, and of course if he can make the most of this potential, he can be a fine Bundesliga player in the short future, but at the moment I find him maybe a bit too inconsistent to be a starting-eleven player straight away for a highly demanding team. At APOEL he has played way too much in the past year since signing for them, because of their lack of (good) options for the Winger's position. I think it is highly possible that he would have been better-off if he had less pressure in his squad-role. Especially at big matches, his inexperience was evident, and never really made the difference in those kind of games, except in a 4-1 win Vs Omonoia and an extremely crucial 2-1 win Vs Apollon Limassol.
Technically speaking, as a player, what I have said in my previous two posts would have been the same I would say today as well. From the changes I have suggested four months ago, only for Attack I am not so sure about currently:

petreleo wrote:Changes based on this and previous post:
ADD- SS as a Secondary-Position
Attack: 74 (+2)
Stamina: 76 (-4)
Top Speed: 80 (-1)
Acceleration: 82 (-3)
Response: 75 (-1)
Agility: 80 (-2)
Dribble Speed: 78 (+2)
Short Pass Accuracy: 75 (-3)
Long Pass Accuracy: 75 (-1)