PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Jonathan Schmid

Postby PES Stats Database » 2012 Feb 11, 10:04

Kruger13
Veteran Stat Maker

Re: Jonathan SCHMID

Postby Kruger13 » 2012 Feb 11, 21:12

Similar to Diagne, he born in France and appears as French-Austrian, but French as main. Sometimes it is so confusing multiple nationalities, he born "here" but plays plays for "that" and his grandmother is from "there". Irony.
...U dared to enter my world... Image
Malakayi
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby Malakayi » 2012 Mar 19, 15:57

Kruger13 wrote:Similar to Diagne, he born in France and appears as French-Austrian, but French as main. Sometimes it is so confusing multiple nationalities, he born "here" but plays plays for "that" and his grandmother is from "there". Irony.

Yeah, to assign the right nationality to a player can be very difficult. Especially when the man in question didn't played for his country yet. In the most cases I'm trusting transfermarkt.de there.
Hayame
PSD Elite

Postby Hayame » 2012 Aug 01, 14:17

Needs an gloabl update. Wasn´t as good as Caliguiri but also quite good. His physical ablities are much better than this.

Another thing is that i don´t know why Foot is L. Either he has WFA and WFF 8 or he is R footed. SO I think he is R footed. His Response, Mentality and Teamwork has to go down.

So these are my suggestions:

Foot: R

Top Speed: 82
Acceleration: 82
Response: 73
Agility: 81
Dribble Speed: 80
Shot Accuracy: 72
Shot Power: 79
Shot Technique: 70
Aggression: 80
Mentality: 70
Teamwork: 73

Weak Foot Frequency: 5

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Dribbling
Malakayi

Postby Malakayi » 2012 Aug 29, 01:16

I know he's just been updated but I want to share my opinion about him, I think his few strong points are still underrated.

Schmid is Freiburg's marathon man, every game he covers a distance between 11.5-13 kilometers which is absolutely formidable. He runs the line up and down, he's fast, he's enduring, he's tricky and smart in his movements, what a shame that he is but a mediocre football player ;). His passing is mediocre at best, crossing too. I think most values are rated correctly I only have a few suggestions. I see him somewhat faster, quicker in his dribblings, a tad more agile and with a much higher stamina, mentality is fine. TS I see above ACC, Schmid always goes long ways and needs a little bit to reach maximum speed. Stamina and speed surely have high numbers in my suggestions but keep in mind -> being an outstanding athlete does not make up for his lacking technical skills ;)

So I'd suggest:

Stamina: 88 ... (+9) well he DOES run a fucking lot so I guess he should be far up the ladder. Sure 88 seems pretty high but considering his low MENT and the distances he always covers I guess it's a good number.
Top Speed: 86 ... (+4) I see him on par with guys like Herrmann and Jansen in terms of TS.
Acceleration: 84 ... (+2) As I said above, he needs a bit to reach full power.
Agility: 83 ... (+2) just two points up, nothing special.
Dribble Speed: 83 ... (+3) He sure isn't anything you'd call a skilled dribbler but a bit faster than current DS in any way.
Hayame
PSD Elite

Postby Hayame » 2012 Aug 29, 07:57

Can agree on everything. I also felt he is physical much stronger. But as always i´m very unsure about giving high numbers to young player which played until only 1 season. Same for some Eintracht youngster. About STA i´m not sure if we can give him already such a high value because then he has nearly no pace to improve. But as you said his MENT is still very low and can imporve a lot. So i´m fine with 88.
Malakayi

Postby Malakayi » 2012 Oct 06, 18:34

I was stunned by his crossing today, didn't think he had it in him. Great game.

EDIT: he took almost all the free kicks for Freiburg that were near to the goal.
s-cobar

Postby s-cobar » 2012 Oct 09, 08:22

right, the short Fks are by him, all long balls are by Schuster. He´s a fighting player, like Großkreutz, a lot of ways, runs. fast. I like your suggestions without Acc andf Agilty, I can´t see him so agile in a one on one situation. for me he`s a strong player, he`s small but use his boday really smart. also he isn´t a player who pass 2 or three defenders with much agilty, it`s more his speed. and I see a bigger gap between TS and Acc. but that`s just my impression
Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself
Malakayi

Postby Malakayi » 2012 Oct 09, 10:53

s-cobar wrote:right, the short Fks are by him, all long balls are by Schuster. He´s a fighting player, like Großkreutz, a lot of ways, runs. fast. I like your suggestions without Acc andf Agilty, I can´t see him so agile in a one on one situation. for me he`s a strong player, he`s small but use his boday really smart. also he isn´t a player who pass 2 or three defenders with much agilty, it`s more his speed. and I see a bigger gap between TS and Acc. but that`s just my impression

worth to keep an eye on it. Could be that I've been too generous with AGI.
KillaKlo
Regular Poster

Postby KillaKlo » 2012 Oct 21, 11:30

Read the set and thought that Agi 81 should be enough.

I think his Agg, Ment, FKA, LPS, and maybe Def or BB could be a little bit higher.
PES-Up
Malakayi

Postby Malakayi » 2012 Oct 21, 14:25

feel free to suggest some numbers, agree with 81 AGI
Malakayi

Postby Malakayi » 2012 Nov 13, 21:52

Malakayi wrote:EDIT: he took almost all the free kicks for Freiburg that were near to the goal.

I paid attention to him crossing and taking set pieces and rewatched some free kicks of Schmid e.g. the goal he scored in this match against Bremen. I'd like to give him Place Kicking 78/79 and Swerve 84, his curl is very good, also his LPA could be a bit higher like 77/78. And maybe increase Shooting Power to low 80's.
Another thing is that I think we rate his DEF wrong, he contributes very much to the defensive work of the team and isn't bad at doint this, also he's able to play as RSB so I think we should add this position as well as an increase in DEF to high 50's.
Hayame
PSD Elite

Postby Hayame » 2012 Nov 14, 20:58

Agreed and updated. Maybe I also would increase his LPS a bit.
PIPA23

Re: Jonathan Schmid

Postby PIPA23 » 2015 Jun 03, 02:54

Akephalos
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Akephalos » 2019 Jan 14, 21:37

this guy is an underrated side back. He is really dangerous attacking, of course he has several resources like speed, really good long passes, nice shooting and technique.

He is really good at crossing and making effective long passes:

Spoiler: show

Of course these are only the ones who made it just to be assists but he is really great at making long passes to Finnbogason

Still really good at taking FK

First he should have SB as main position. Maybe ATT drop to 74-75, LPA raise to 83-84 (I think 84 would be more fair) Agility drop maybe one or 2 points, SP raise to 84-85 and Aggresion raise to 83.
You might have been a fancyman in Heaven, but down here you are nothing next to Axe!
Akephalos
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Akephalos » 2019 Apr 27, 23:06

A nice assist and another great FK goal by Schmid

I think he can have a little boost on FKA, like 81-82.
You might have been a fancyman in Heaven, but down here you are nothing next to Axe!

Return to “SC Freiburg”